Lusternian AMA

Comments

• I am the Questionmaster.

1. Who has been a lasting influence on your character, player-wise? 
    2. Do you have any OOC direct inspirations (characters from literature, games, etc.) for your character? If so, who or what are they? If not, where do you draw inspiration for how you think about your character?
    3. What is one current denizen that you would like to know more about? 
    4. For those of you who are leaders (either of guilds or cities/communes), how do you stay motivated to continue doing the work that you do?
    5. When you are not in-game, do you ever get ideas for designing, roleplay, etc.? Where or how do you keep them? In your head? A notepad beside your computer? Other places?
    6. Show me your favorite design from another player (or at least, not designed by you)!
    Forum avatar by @Gurashi!
  • Terentia said:
    I am the Questionmaster.

2. Do you have any OOC direct inspirations (characters from literature, games, etc.) for your character? If so, who or what are they? If not, where do you draw inspiration for how you think about your character?
    4. For those of you who are leaders (either of guilds or cities/communes), how do you stay motivated to continue doing the work that you do?
    5. When you are not in-game, do you ever get ideas for designing, roleplay, etc.? Where or how do you keep them? In your head? A notepad beside your computer? Other places?
    6. Show me your favorite design from another player (or at least, not designed by you)!

1: Eadei, Romaan
    2: Not really, sorry!
    3. I'd like to hear more backstories about the Voices before they were Voices, and how they got along with current gods. 
    4. All the time. I see something oocly, and I design it ingame, but it looks horrible, so I trash it :(
    5. https://ada-young.com/pastebin/MP1tpOF9  <--- This is Shaddus' bed, and he's had it for almost the entirety of his life. It was the first thing he installed in his manse, and it's his Artisan Prized item. It was designed by Crylia, who was an amazing designer in her day.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Terentia said:
    I am the Questionmaster.

1. Going to have to say Sylandra, whose designs always inspired me!
    2. A little bit of River Song mixed with Zhaan from Farscape
    3. Agh this one is tough, but probably say this poor guy: Sepehr Skytamer. He's obviously a hybrid or a changeling who got stuck/cameo broken. And Orv very much wants to adopt him and fix his balloon for good.
    4. No longer a leader (was Execumatrix Magnificus once) but pretty much I enjoyed helping the newbies. It's been sad without them :( but now there's been some new activity and that's really nice!
    5. Constantly, I used to keep notes, save pictures to my drive. Now I just save tabs into OneTab for things I like.

I'm not sure who made this, but it's one of my favourite cakes.

Appearance:
    a starry birthday cake of the skies
    Dropped:
    A lone candle burns brightly atop a star-strewn birthday cake set down here.
    Examined:
    The round form of a fondant-covered cake creates the simple backdrop for
    this sample of culinary mastery. Ideally suited to serve a single
    celebrant, the cake's sweet fondant coating lies coloured a deep,
    midnight blue hue to set the stage for the elaborate ornamentation of
    the pastry. A scattering of pearlescent spheres of sugar studs the outer
    surface of the cake in glittering arrangements of cosmic constellations
    and iridescent galaxies. The addition of a larger hemisphere of sugar
    offsets the subtle beauty of the mimicked starry sky with its pale
    imitation of a crescent moon. Eclipsed by a darkened touch of tint to
    create the waning crescent, the sun-borne side of the moon lies posed to
    be adjacent to the single candle burning brightly atop the midnight blue
    pastry.
    Consume:
    With a moment's thought spared for a quick wish, you blow out the cake's candle 
    and shift it away for your enjoyment of the rest of the confection. Slicing 
    deeply into the pastry's midnight blue form, you single out the first bite of 
    the alluringly fragrant cake. Luscious notes of vanilla and cream entwine 
    together to caress your tastebuds with a sweetly subtle flavour before you 
    partake of the pastry's outer layers. A tartly appealing taste of fresh 
    blueberries lies mixed into the creamy confection as you enjoy the momentary 
    bursts of sweetness coming from biting into each pearlescent sphere of sugar. 
    Contentment fills your senses as you complete the experience with a final swipe 
    of the starry cake's midnight blue fondant.
    Smell:
    A faint aroma of sweet blueberries suffuses the atmosphere around this starry 
    cake.
    Taste:
    The combination of sweet vanilla cream and tart blueberries creates an 
    alluringly tempting taste.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Terentia said:
    I am the Questionmaster.

1. Not really sure - either Nocht (because technically He's a player too!) or Gurashi. Or both.
    2. Nope! I kind of went in on a limb with Esei and honestly never expected to last more than a few weeks but here I am 13 months in.
    3. Filib Shee-Slaugh for sure. What a precious bean.
    4. Not applicable sorry. u_u
    5. God all the time. I keep them in my head and one day I'll die.
    6. @Lief designed a gorgeous origami specifically to tell me off because I accidentally proposed once.

#: 29630 Item: Blossom Type: Actionorigami Org: Public Designer: Lief
    Gold Outlay: 0
    Mortal Reviews: Allowed
    IMPORTANT: The main noun MUST use one of these: BLOSSOM, FLOWER, ORIGAMI
    Appearance:
    a striking violet petunia blossom
    Dropped:
    This striking origami blossom has begun to unfurl its budding flower.
    Examined:
    Folded from thin vellum dyed the velvety purple of plum flesh or wine
    stains, this petunia blossom has only just begun to unfurl. A delightful
    amount of detail has nevertheless been lavished upon it, from the five
    scalloped petals to the delicate, clever folds shaping its body. Much of
    the floral center still remains hidden by protectively crimped
    parchment, but a gentle pull on the violet stem completes the flowering
    process, revealing both its fleeting beauty and its hidden bounty.

pronouns: they/them
  • edited September 2020
    Terentia said:
    I am the Questionmaster.

1. Both Kailanna and Vatul for that very proper noble bearing.
    2. I liked the idea of a character so obsessed with (addicted to) geochemantic fumes that he was constantly breathing them through a respirator. From there the plague knight (from shovel knight) and plague doctor in darkest dungeons (see my forum avatar) were an initial inspiration for the look of the mask.
    3. Jamilah. Also a specific question on Seritul d'Vanecu, how did he get so burnt?
    4. I guess I'm a sort of leader so I'll answer. Seeing an idea I've come up with get accepted and flourish. Also seeing other people in turn getting inspired and going with has been really motivating.
    5. The other way around actually. I decided I wanted to design a Magnagora themed margarita and hot toddy. Naturally to make it well researched I made/ordered several and took extensive smell and tasting notes for designing. I wrote the notes into the note app on my phone.
    6.   A gift from Sapphira below. Runner up would be Vella's gnome weapon which was customized to be a geochemantic dog prototype which I find really amusing.

an iron brooch of tainted oil and spectral ectoplasm

Iron is the predominant material used in the forming of this unique piece of jewellery, hammered and coerced into shape with painstaking detail. Blackened and also rusted in places, the iron forms the shape of a pitted skull, its gaping eye-sockets touched with specks of gold-leaf to lend the symbol of House d'Vanecu a subtle opulence. Carefully mounted behind the head rises a bird of prey, fashioned of clever twists of iron so that the wings spread just beyond the outer reaches of the skull, with the head of the kestrel rising at the top as though launching towards the skies, in tribute to House d'Murani. Most remarkable about the intricate piece is the frosted-glass globe that rests securely within the gaping maw of the skull; polished and perfectly smooth, it gleams with the gentle ambience of trapped spectral energy. Churning restlessly whenever moved, the ectoplasm writhes amidst a black, tainted ichor; the oil favoured by geochemists sloshes darkly as the brooch moves and the ectoplasm seethes through and around it, the two liquids refusing to fuse. A slender, sharp pin attaches the brooch securely in pride of place upon the wearer.

• edited September 2020
    Terentia said:
    I am the Questionmaster.

1. There are many people who have influenced me positively and I can't list them all. But Shulamit and Jolanthe designing wise! 

2. Name is stolen from Neil Gaiman's book (and the more famous movie). Other inspirations are Tinkerbell (yes, really), kids that I sometimes babysit, Mary from the game Ib... (if I remember other inspirations, I will edit and add them).

3. I would certainly like to know a lot more about Chixieya Ninchi, our Editor in Grief!

4. My motivation comes and goes in waves, which is one of the reasons why I don't take up leadership positions. 

5. All the time! I mostly just keep them in my head, sometimes I write them in the notes app on my phone if I fear I will forget it.

6. There are actually many designs like that (I even answered another design in the other set of questions that asked a similar question). But the following is my first favorite design:

#: 25625 Item: Sandwich Type: Dishes Org: Silverhearth Designer: Lendren
    Ingredients: grain 2 meat 3 vegetables 2 milk 2 spices 1

Appearance:
    a crispy taco sandwich
    Dropped:
    A crispy taco sandwich waits here.
    Examined:
    Fundamentally nothing more than a sandwich, this light taco uses a
    crispy shell to enclose its seasoned, fresh ingredients. Lightly spiced
    ground beef, sauteed with a bit of onion, make up the base of the
    sandwich's stuffing. Atop this rests a thin layer of sour cream topped
    with crisp lettuce and a layer of cheese.
    Consume:
    The crispy shell adds a delightful crunch to the taco sandwich, as well
    as a hearty corn flavour, but proves particularly ineffectual when it
    comes to containinng the sandwich's contents. You struggle to take bites
    of the taco without shattering the shell, while bits of lettuce, cheese,
    and even ground beef tumble out, requiring you to gather them up with
    your fingers so as not to waste a single morsel of the taco. When the
    last of the crumbs have been tucked away, you wonder if your hunger has
    been sated, or if the taco only left you wanting more. Ideally, more
    tacos.
    Smell:
    There is a hint of peppery spice, but it lies deep beneath the fresh scent of crisp lettuce and a crunchy, fried corn shell.
    Taste:
    A nibble of the cheese and lettuce at the top of the taco sandwich offers little suggestion of what it would be like to bite into the crunchy shell, but as fragile and overstuffed as the taco is, you cannot really hope to taste it without finishing the job, for fear of spilling its contents every which way.

A game that allows tacos and doesn't ban them for being too "ethnic"? Hell yes! And the design is also A+
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • edited September 2020
    Terentia said:
    I am the Questionmaster.

1. Galaphyrae, Nejii, Aramel; Laysus. Also Diamante, brief but influential.
    2. Appearance-wise, common green geometer moth.
      Behaviour-wise, a high school teacher nicknamed me "Eek" (I loved her and it wasn't bullying). So Xiran's squeaking is very uninspired. Everything else was a gradual build. She's paranoid and jumpy from early life incidents. She likes the symbolism of braiding and twining threads/souls together and also really wanted to be with her sisters, family. And so on.
    3. Knight Aife? Also Queen Maeve's handmaiden who Xiran has no idea about and needs to dive into news.
    4. --
    5. Old school .txt files but in Sublime text editor.
    6. Zia's design, which got her Seal of Beauty

a memory book of the Spirits

A memory book lies here, forgotten.

This slim book is bound in two thin sheets of wood. Flexible strips of bark weave the spine to keep the flawless ivory pages in place. A charcoal drawing is carefully marked across the front cover, scant use of tints highlighting the simplistic beauty of the art. There, the elegant figure of the Maiden Night is depicted in ethereal detail. The stark blackness of her hair wreathes her head in a wild halo, and the pale contours of her face are beautiful and deeply introspective. Her piercing, dark eyes are fixated at some hidden point to the right, lips slightly parted as though on the verge of speech. The Maiden Night cradles in her arms the smaller Maiden Moon. Her silver hair is drawn into a braid, in turn twined between Maiden Night's fingers as she holds Moon with sisterly affection. Maiden Moon leans Her cheek sweetly against Night's shoulder, her radiant face upturned as she gazes towards the upper left. She clings securely to her sister, one hand buried in the encompassing darkness of her hair, but her other slender arm reaches out towards the last figure, and she smiles with all the open warmth that her sister holds in check. Overlooking the Maidens, Little Sun beams. His eyes are closed, but the golden aura surrounding his simple smile eclipses all other features of His form. Space has been left between the Maidens and Little Sun to add a title and an author.

Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

• Terentia said:
    I am the Questionmaster.

1) Uzriel from the start as her mentor, then friend and husband, and Kailanna as someone who Sapphira very much wants to emulate and admires. Such poise, so fabulous, such wits! Also people like Ixion and more recently Akyaevin who helped newb-Sapphira feel useful in conflict and have that never say die attitude. Definitely something Sapphira has caught too.

2) i really don't have ooc inspiration! Mostly vague ideas and concepts on what i wanted initially, and now she sort of runs away and writes herself due to things that have happened ic.

3) Answered before but definitely Jamilah. 

4) So...Sapphira didn't really have leading a guild as her great aspiration, but there came a lot of ic frustration that the previous leader was not often around, and the unique position she was in meant it was a roadblock (unintentional roadblock) of sorts for Sapphira, in several avenues. No one else seemed inclined to take over so ultimately I contested. I  am a really big fan of delegation and trying to empower the other guild members to run with their ideas. Firstly, hopefully it saves me from burnout but also it really helps the guild feel engaging for everyone to have a part, and a say, and an influence on shaping us. Wanting people to feel like they can influence the guild helps motivate me. 

5) All the damn time. I used to keep some pictures on a pinterest board for design ideas but these days mostly they live in my head, but I often see things and think that I need to design that in game. Or often lament that certain aesthetics would be questionable in Magnagora!

6) Clearly I need more people to design for me, but there is this origami Uzriel designed for me after discovering how much Sapphira liked their living counterparts:

a delicate cherry blossom
    Blushing pink vellum has been crinkled and folded to create this
    delicate cherry blossom. The five airy petals are kissed with a light
    pink blush, sitting in a sharp contrast to the bright scarlet red
    centre. The blossom's many stamens are tipped in crimson, as if they are
    tiny droplets of blood held in a precarious balance that threatens to
    corrupt the pristine petals should they drip. The uncanny resemblance to
    a living cherry blossom invites the wistful to indulge in a reminiscence
    about the ambrosial perfume scent one might have.
  • Sapphira said:
    1) Uzriel from the start as her mentor, then friend and husband, and Kailanna as someone who Sapphira very much wants to emulate and admires. Such poise, so fabulous, such wits! Also people like Ixion and more recently Akyaevin who helped newb-Sapphira feel useful in conflict and have that never say die attitude. Definitely something Sapphira has caught too.

How did I forget Ixion. He was a huge influence on game mechanics like pk, quests, and in general. Also Mag was doing a little quiz looong ago before ascension events even started and Uzriel won, Ixion making a joke about the next knowledge seal winner that have proven prophetic.
  • EveEve
    edited September 2020
    Terentia said:
    I am the Questionmaster.

1.  A lot of people. Early on there was a lot of influence from Druken, Xenthos, Synl, Eliron, Calesta, Xiel, and Liam.
                  How did I almost forget Hyrtakos?
    2. Evette's name came from an episode of the Oblongs, but shes kind of developed on her own. 
    3. Raemourne, the Multitude
    4. This is a tough one, I'm not good at it. The need though. Its a big part of who Evette is, if the Wyrd needs something and she is able- she will do her darndest. Even if I am just no good at it.
    5. All the time. Typically, my 3 am projects / ideas are the best. I tend to email them to myself, or I'll log into my google docs and jot down a few ideas before I run off back to bed.
    6. There are too many to list. :smiley:
  • 1. Not this character, specifically, but Rancoura has always made a lasting impact on me as an RPer and I feel has left a lasting impact on my RP. For Vexacion specifically, Coraline has left a lasting impact on making Vex not quite so unpleasant.

2. The actual artwork for viscanti inspired me, and then I really just wanted to create a very Magnagoran character who's quite stoic. I love melding beauty and horror together, and the viscanti give me a canvas to do that because they can be mutated in a panoply of different ways. Personality-wise, Vex developed on her own; I knew I wanted to follow Raezon, because I hadn't yet, and I knew I wanted her to be a nerd and that's about it.

3. Finrik Lerit'r. It's an Order Mob, sure, but why is he there? How did he come to follow Raezon? Did he really eat all the candy that was supposed to be sold? (Also the Vernal Child, kthnx, need to know more.)

4. N/A, I'm not a leader and I refuse to be, I REFUSE. (Until Ein comes back, then I'll be his OH forever.)

5. I like my RP to be organic, so I don't get RP ideas when not playing, but I definitely have ideas for designs when I sit around. Most of them go into my Notepad++ under a new tab. If I'm not at my computer, I find the nearest piece of paper and write things down, but if I can't, I hope and pray my goldfish brain won't collapse on me.

6. Jolanthe designed something called 'a lich-y lychee cocktail' and right now, it's my favorite design ever (though we have so many great designers):

Consume:

The ghostly body of this cocktail swims with indistinct dark shapes

as you bring it to your lips, with the opacity of the concoction making

it impossible to discern precisely what they are. Cold, creamy coconut

laced thoroughly with sweet lychee establishes an immediate presence,

actively competing with the zing of rice wine and the nuance of white

rum. As the drink lingers upon your palate, tart flourishes of

strawberry rise to the fore. The aftertaste sharpens into zesty notes of

lime and lemongrass, which cede and melt back away on the next quaff

should one be claimed.

Smell:

A cold caress of fruit essence twined amidst coconut and lemongrass chills your nostrils.

Taste:

Smooth coconut blossoms with sweet flourishes of lychee and strawberry amidst rum and rice wine.

• 1. Shayle, obviously. Much of the early Nimaet/Stormcrow family, esp. Ried. And of course Xiran, for transforming Synl in a very organic way.
    2. The Prince of Frost for the aesthetics.
    4. When this was the case, ie. when I was a teenager, just really wanting to leave a mark and make something timeless. Nowadays I don't care for that.
    5. Just in my head, though honestly, Synl is probably the character I care least about. I had a lot of fun ideas for Mollorg, the monstrous Krokani of Hallifax, but I missed my artifacts just like a whole lot. For my TTRPG characters, I will write things down, usually by immediately messaging the DM of that game and pitching the idea to them.
    6. Evey just finished this for me. It's a fair bit better than my original proposition of 'just like a really long black cloak...':
    The leather of this cloak, composed from the hide of a monstrous midnight beast, finds itself thicker than the average supple hide. Meticulously hand-carved, a great scene of a snowstorm has been pressed into the hide. Blustering winds, represented by swirling lines as well as small dots for specks of ice, find their way into contentious chaos within the landscape. While small animals can hardly be seen within, a few ice-covered corpses can be found upon further inspection. Fitting decidedly tightly, the material begins just below the chin of its ward and drifts downwards to the shoulder blades. Embracing the neck with great ardour, the leather extends itself downwards to the collar bones where several etched silver talismans have been securely attached. Well worn, the symbols displayed upon the etchings have long ago been lost to time, leaving their meaning a well kept secret. Two fairly large silver snowflakes reside just beside the shoulders on this cloak. Each snowflake has a simple base design of four points with various points sticking out from within. From there, small pieces of crushed diamonds build upon them, making it seem as if each snowflake was encased within a layer of ice itself. Adding an air of decadence and wealth to the cloak, two large mountainous pauldrons arise skywards from their securely attached position on the shoulders. Lounging behind the shoulders and providing nothing more than added drama, an obscene amount of spider silk drifts down into a pool on the ground behind its owner. No great scene has been depicted upon this fabric. Instead, only a simple background of ebon with several varying shapes of snowflakes lies within. Each snow speck varies in shape, size and length; however, each has been adorned with a few speckles of crushed diamond to glisten in the available light.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Terentia said:
    I am the Questionmaster.

1. @Xypher. As Eri's unofficial mentor and official hero back in their Serenwilde days, Xypher was responsible for Eri's rise in politics/service, as well as honestly the only reason I stuck around with the game. After years of rolling throwaway characters that never really stuck, I happened to run into someone super cool, super helpful AND super svelte. This guy gets nothing but my highest praises forevermore.

2. Not really, at least nothing I can consciously pinpoint. My character is more a reflection of myself and his circumstances than a personality that can be charted out.

3. Shibungi Iborchi. In addition to him just being a hunky thirst trap (I even designed a nudey portrait tattoo of him for the city's cartel, swoon) I have a vested interest in all Iborchi. He's just hanging out being a cool guy for our collegium history quest, but I need to know more about the dude himself!

4. In the current age I am not and thus do not.

5. My phone's notes app is FILLED with random blurbles, from design appearances to vague new descriptions to wear, eventual play plots and questions of Great Importance to ask @Crumkane, you name it. Sometimes I'll log on mobile in the middle of the workday to tuck things into Eri's notepad, too.

6. I'm one of those people that only wears my own stuff 99% of the time, so pass! While I don't have a favourite, @Coraline has proven to be my biggest inspiration for food designs, which I will always struggle with. Her stuff is just mouthwatering to read.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Terentia said:
    I am the Questionmaster.

1. I don't know, Eritheyl I guess would be my influence so far. Very early on he encouraged my shenanigans and helped form my characters initial personality

2. ...yes. My character is a mix between Deacon from Fallout 4, Brock from Pokemon, and Lurbuk from Skyrim!

3. I can't answer this because I don't pay much attention to NPCs

4. I don't! I goof off and do my own thing and nobody in the Revelry gives a hoot that I'm not doing my guild tasks

5. I usually think "oh that would be a good joke/story to tell in character" and jot it down in my notes app on my phone and ultimately forget about it after that most of the time

6.  "stud294255"                  a sugar stud

p 294255
    This stud has been crafted from two smooth steel rods, the smaller
    carved such that it can screw into the larger and secure the stud in
    place. Both have been tipped with a hexagonal-shaped powerstone shard
    resembling a sugar crystal.
  • Terentia said:
    I am the Questionmaster.

1. Quite a few of the older Serens in various ways, lots of times promoting the full spectrum/depth of Seren.

2. There's a book series called the Witches of Elieanan and its sequel Rhiannon's Ride. Kinda more about the potential for "Nature" I guess.
    Meghan particularly, she lives in a giant hollowed-out tree that's still living in a relatively untouched valley, she uses magic to create a bridge of vines, accelerate plant growth for food, she knows the various languages of the beasts and asks them for help.
    It goes kinda a step further with the Faery races, catch-all for the original sapient inhabitants of the world. You see rigid tribal structures and the social importance behind them, other races on the verge of extinction because they seem scary or just for sport, human ignorance forcing the Faery into survival mode, etc. Kinda all add to the diverse view of "Nature".

3. Teharo maybe

4. Motivation is linked to interest for me, when I'm interested I can do a bunch of stuff. It's most interesting to talk about guild stuff generally for me so that's good I guess?

5. Google drive sorted by area, there's a folder called "Project: CUSTOMISE EVERYTHING" which is just Saran specific designs.

6. I don't really have one? Mostly because I prefer personal stuff and tend to design it all myself >_>
  • edited September 2020
    Terentia said:
    I am the Questionmaster.

1 - @Janalon 1000%, she basically kept me in the game and cultivated my interest in lore. Also @Rancoura because #rpgoals
    2 - basically Master Iroh
    3 - Cle Lenaue, also the Papaxian Woman.
    4 - A desire to have everything in its right place for other players so people can enjoy themselves the way they want, especially clear structures in organizations (Afollia and Rancoura will attest to this). IRL I'm basically ride-or-die for Zvoltz.
    5 - I have a huge folder of notepad files.
    6 - I have a soft spot for custom pets. I'm a Bizirik fan, love Nivn'falsia (by Rancoura) and have newly discovered @Azula's flippin' awesome mist whale.
  • 1 - @Janalon 1000%, she basically kept me in the game and cultivated my interest in lore. Also @Rancoura because #rpgoals

Janalon did such a fantastic job with Nekotai. I had like rudimentary ideas that Janalon would 1000%  carry, far beyond anything I could do. Best GA ever.
  • Eve said:
    Terentia said:
    I am the Questionmaster.

1.  A lot of people. Early on there was a lot of influence from Druken, Xenthos, Synl, Eliron, Calesta, Xiel, and Liam.
                  How did I almost forget Hyrtakos?

Who can forget Lord Tacos!

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Lantra said:
    Tere isn't the only Quizmaster!

1. Who is your favorite deceased Elder God and why?
    2. If someone wanted to get to know your character, what tips would you give on how to go about it?
    3. What has been your most unexpected or unlikely IC friendship and why?
    4. What's your e-family like, if you have one? How did you join? If you don't have a family, do you plan to join or create one?
    5. Have you changed orgs on a character? If so, what led you to choose the org you wound up in?
    1. I'm not sure she qualifies as deceased rather than just lost, but if She fits the bill, Ashtariel. An awesome event rife with conflict and deep lore, leaving Mysrai's Order with Their blessing to show Their Sibling some love, great times were had by all! She had a certain softness, but also a depth that was hard not to get drawn in by. Otherwise, the easy answer is Gullagumbah. Despite building a proud facade as the local fun-hater, Eri secretly romanticizes the idea of making people happy and livening up the world with festivities, all of which is Gully's MO.

2. It doesn't take much. I like to think that Eri can get along passably enough with just about anyone, and his life is an open book. Say hi, but don't bring food - being given food is a huge pet peeve.

3. As a fairly abrasive person, I don't ever expect lasting friendships, so anyone that keeps Eri in their circle is a happy surprise as both character and player.

4. Ryseni is and has been a hot mess since the get-go, and I wouldn't have it any other way. The original concept set forth by myself and Morshoth was something of a nomadic, detached group of wayfarers, but time has changed us into more a chaotic band of weirdos. I love my weirdos.

5. Eri has lived everywhere but Glomdoring to date. Every move has been prompted by a gradual change in the character's philosophy, normally from my feeling stifled or stuck without the means to shake things up enough to make them Fun again. Gaudiguch has proven to be the perfect place given that it's largely unrestricted and lacks a dogmatic mold to force a character into.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Lantra said:

2. If someone wanted to get to know your character, what tips would you give on how to go about it?
    4. What's your e-family like, if you have one? How did you join? If you don't have a family, do you plan to join or create one?
    5. Have you changed orgs on a character? If so, what led you to choose the org you wound up in?
    Elcyrion! He was extremely funny, you should shock him with your player decisions, and he had a real passion for so many things that I miss. 

I think my characters are pretty easy to get to know - just rock up and share things. 

Yinuish's friendship with Kethaera. I think they're very different IG and it can be enjoyable to just mess around. 

I'm going to answer this for n'Lochli instead as La'Saet just isn't as developed. n'Lochli was my love, my passion. There is so much lore IG and that we also wrote, that it's fantastic. While the numbers have died down, I think it's got some really fun roleplay, especially when you look at Sotsepmet and Nymerya, the latter who is VERY IMPATIENT about her son giving her grandbabies. I know Sotsepmet does things like shiver, run to the kitchen to make her treats as soon as he sees her log on, JUST IN CASE she might come to see him and need bribing to not hurt him. 

I did, actually! Nymerya once went to Celest, for Elcyrion. At one point she was in his order during a long period of inactivity from Raezon. The iron council tuned a whole heap of statues against him. So after talking to Elcyrion about it and he basically was like 'welp, you know what you have to do', assuming I'd leave his order, I was like SURPRISE and joined Celest so I could follow him still. He gave me the title 'Wind of Paradox' and I treasured it ever since. 
  • Lantra said:

1. Lyreth cause pimpfish and painting the Master Ravenwood pink. Also, He could manage to brighten your day no matter what. Close second would be Auseklis (I mean he’s not dead dead but still dead)

2. Dont

3. Jasper and Elryn in early Seren days. They were always so serious and bookish and I was cloyingly sweet and cheerful.

4. D’Cente be D’Centeing. ‘‘Twas the Unholy Trinity of me, Narsrim and Munsia in Seren with them pk-Ing things and me just romping aboot.

5. Usually I just alt if I want to join another org though my Mag ones barely ever come out of hiding cause I just don’t like it there. 
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Lantra said:

1. Of the dead Gods, I'd have to go with Elcyryion/Lacostian/Elostian. I like that mysterious sorcerer vibe.

2. Get on his good side by befriending the centaurs. Then find him while he's being all hermity and ask to learn from him, but don't be rude, he's a hermit.

3. @Rancoura hands down. They despise each other, but what a storyline.

4. Not very active. Friendly. Contemplative. Waning.

5. Nope. If I want to explore a new place, I make a new alt. Most don't last very long.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Lantra said:

Lyreth. To this day, I regret ever leaving His order as Pesukaru for many, many reasons.

2. If someone wanted to get to know your character, what tips would you give on how to go about it

Path A requires respect, common sense, and an interest in both sharing and receiving knowledge and wisdom.

Path B, the one he's not going to tell you about, requires consistently bringing him new food and drinks he hasn't eaten/drank before. Nothing with shards in it. Tikki is slowly getting on Parhelion's good side via this route.

Adal.

So here I am, playing Shaddus, and there's this kinda waifish person wandering the city. Quiet, polite, so I rp at her. She roleplays back, and it starts this absolutely amazing period of Shaddus' life where (in his mind) he has this subordinate/chatelaine he can pamper, throw gold at, and get to design things. And man, could she design. I'd probably rank Adal in the top five designers I've ever seen in Lusternia, and I don't just say that randomly. I'd like to think we had a sort of rapport, and I almost pondered offering to adopt her, but she was snapped up by some other family, and ended up in d'Vanecu, where I think she did a great job portraying the house. To this day, I don't know where she went, or why she stopped playing Adal, but Magnagora lost something special when she left.

Skipping this on purpose, too many to choose from :D

It's super rare I ever change orgs for a character. Maybe four times that I can think of off the top of my head. Most of the times, it was when Gaudi and Halli opened. Once, when Pesukaru moved to Gaudiguch so Shulamit could join Mysrai.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Uzriel said:
    1.  Don't really have one.  If we include sharded elders, I really liked how Mugowumpois was portrayed, even if I'm not really interested in playing a mugwump.

WRONG

Lantra said:

1. Dracnoris, because is an Elder God who has Soulless siblings. If we're taking about admin-controlled divine, though, I really would have liked to meet Lyreth. He seemed fancy from the handful of stories I've heard!

2. Give sweets. Prepare for friendship.

3. Any of the Other Siders who I regularly sneak food to. Hi, Tikki!

4. Lunarose is a happy family! Shulamit found me and thought that I needed parental supervision (spoiler: I did). 

5. Mboagn once took a weird vacation to Magnagora. It was nice. The people were friendly enough. The obsession with death was a bit questionable. All the smog and dust clogged the poor mugwump's pores :(
    It's pronounced "Maggy'!

Explorer (80%), Achiever (53%), Socializer (53%), Killer (13%)
    Bartle Taxonomy
    (test yourself)

• edited September 2020
    Lantra said:

1) Can't say i have one to be honest, none have gone missing in Sapphira's lifetime. From an ooc perspective from past characters, and while technically not deceased, Zvoltz disappearing is one i'm sad about for sure.

2) So early on as Sapphira, she seemed to really have a knack for earning the hate of people, and it honestly was not intentional. Like, hearing reports of scathing -loathing- for her, in game and out, not to mention what sort of a -player- that made me from places and people you wouldn't expect really stung because I genuinely tried to not make enemies, but a tendency to speak her mind or rp a certain way while people are spying with the crown of d'Varsha and spread it along to others really made things hard for myself. So to this day I assume most people hate Sapphira, IC and OOC and I really don't put myself out there to meet others very much. But really, she's pretty playful and friendly (though with a Magnagoran tendency to pearls at times and be a bit snarky) and while 'cute' is not something she is or enjoys, she's pretty receptive to any new encounters or associations. Just talk to her, really. Maybe laugh at a joke. You would be surprised how much something so simple would endear you to her. Sorry that was a long ramble of some pent up feelings. Please poke at her and see what may happen?

3) No idea. Feels very on the outer of everything and i the player am hard pressed for excuses to pursue people outside of Magnagora. 

4) So while Sapphira's adoption came through RP, I will openly admit a lot of plotting and planning went into it. Despite amusing ourselves with the long wander to actually courting, Uzriel and I were looking for a few things - firstly both having noble blood and actually being able to marry (ie, everyone is bloody related, yeesh), and a family we could help build and grow, rather than one already large and thriving. d'Vanecu fit well, even if not exactly what we would have expected for either character. They have a rich history and some remarkable past members so it's been fun trying to honour the traditions while also moving forward. With everyone else retired or long gone, now it's completely a new generation. Some random stories are now almost canon, like the box used to bury wayward children in, and Vella and Zau have been great in helping re-establish the family and the rp. Mostly finding new ways to honour and serve the Demon Lords despite not being Nihilists, much like Uzriel said.

5) Twice ever, and both times the character went back to their original home in the end. The reasons for leaving in the first place were many but it still boiled down to feeling the environment at the time was toxic and detrimental to my enjoyment of the game, without wanting to give up the character entirely. Otherwise i've just alted to experience new orgs.
  • 1. Who is your favorite deceased Elder God and why?
        Ashtariel is not technically dead, but She's declared "Lost". I would say out of all the Divine I've met who are dead, Ashtariel is hands-down my favorite, because She was so bubbly. Her personality was sweet, it was endearing, it was vivacious -- She was very much the artistic ingenue and brought a lot of life in Her short period.

Out of the dead Divine we will never meet, I've always loved the idea of Amberle as this really serene, beautifully peaceful Goddess who believes everyone has the capacity for good. I like to think that there are aspects of Lantra that are like this also (even if it's probably fairly off-base). Also Lorella and Rahm! The Awakeners are all really cool, and I'd love to see the Awakeners of Jojobo's spirits. I know Rahm is listed as ??, so doesn't really qualify.

It would depend, definitely. Neladahi is fairly friendly, so simply approaching her when she's out and about is always a good way, but Results May Vary: she's currently uneasy with organizations who support Magnagora due to the Taint (though she has complex feelings about Tainted mortals), even if they're very nice individuals. Still, non-violent, polite greetings are always good.

Some of my other characters, not so much. My filthy Taint-living city-dweller is stoic and does not like being bothered, though she does love learning about the cultures of other organizations and their religious views, so that's a great way to get her attention.

3. What has been your most unexpected or unlikely IC friendship and why?
        Coraline and my other character are probably the most unexpected/unlikely, because obviously they are polar opposites. Complete, utter polar opposites...

4. What's your e-family like, if you have one? How did you join? If you don't have a family, do you plan to join or create one?
        Oh, this is a big question. I've had a lot of them! Zayah was my very first e-family, back when Kreon was a man and lived in Serenwilde with Leronia (so long ago, omg), and it was fairly close-knit. Scax, Tsumadine, Aerys and Sondayga were very close siblings, there was lots of love and roleplay between us and Leronia and Kreon were super supportive.

Stormcrow was also a wonderful experience; Nienla swooped down upon me during RP and declared "Yes, this is mine." and that's how I became a Stormcrow. Unfortunately, Nienla, and later Dylara, both petered off; it's still exciting to see uncles and cousins emerging from the woodwork.

I've been both an n'Kylbar and a Kalas. Mrak and Eicia were great parents, and Kailanna is a fabulous great-great-grandmother, but n'Kylbar has always been quiet and both my always-e-brothers stopped playing, so it was just me and Aishe and also, Aishe moved to Gaudiguch (rude). So having the name was nice, the interactions with Kailanna and Kanaya were great, but once everyone had retired or left, it was quiet. Kalas is also fairly quiet, despite its booming growth, and its players are not necessarily known for their RP.

As for La'Saet, the only one I've really talked to is Yinuish, with some dabbling conversations with Enero and Gyorn, and so I don't quite have the grasp on what the family is meant to be just yet. I'm told they're quite stoic.

5. Have you changed orgs on a character? If so, what led you to choose the org you wound up in?
        I don't do it anymore, because I tailor my characters to the org I want to join in order to get the most RP bang for my buck in that theme, but my first character did! Tsumadine started out as a Moondancer in Serenwilde, but was tempted (through Faethorn RP) by Prince Alacardael Nightshade to join Glomdoring. We would talk philosophies, he showed me how to fill the Well of Souls, and eventually Tsumadine decided that her future was in the Shadows.

I later left Glomdoring for Magnagora and Hallifax, and Tsumadine has since returned home to a much changed Serenwilde, but we don't talk about the Mag and Halli stints; I was 18 and stupid and she liked boys.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Lantra said:

1. haven't had any dealings with any now-deceased elder gods, but I do feel like that most of them would have been interesting to get to know, hard to pick a single answer here.

2. Bring cake and something to chat about and you should be fine.

3. Hm, I would actually say that from before they actually met and sat down, I wouldn't have guessed that Nelras and Aeldra would become such good friends. They seem to be rather different from the outside.

4. My e-family is one of the main reasons I stuck around on Lusternia. Back when I was first playing, Aeldra had a suitor she didn't want anything to do with, who also happened to be a superior in her guild. The person was relatively relentless, despite being told no more then a couple of times. Eventually Aeldra tried to pick out one of the few IC authorities she had known and who had made a distinct impression on her: Taevyn Ladyn, at the time head of the paladins guild. She went to him and explained her issues to him and he promised to help. Aeldra ended up sleeping on his doorstep (entrance to his manse) that day. The next day she was introduce to Taevyns wife, @kali and the rest is history, so they say. Aeldra got adopted and has had one of the most loving e-families she could've asked for. They made me stick around and am still sad most of them stopped playing.

5. Aeldra hopped back between Serenwilde and Celest a lot. First time going to Serenwilde was partially due to an event where she got to meet Maylea who made a distinct impression on her and due to lleuke who more or less convinced her of the moondancers, which I proceeded to be absolutely hyped of. Back and forth then was partly due to a bunch of sad (and long buried) drama strands that drove me from the seren at the time as I could not handle it... ending me back in celest. Ended up going back to Serenwilde for reasons I do no longer recall. When I started playing again, I did go to Celest once more, this time ending up in a Celest that was alive and buzzing and had active divine and decided I wanted to stick around this time and am still determined to make it work. Am done org hopping (or so I hope), for all the fun it was doing so, it also makes you miss out on a lot for the org, I feel.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.