Towers and Relative Dimensions in Space

It's a few days late, but I was prodded to clean up the log of the building of the Crystal Resonance Tower in Hallifax, so here it is.

---

Echoing from the Matrix the sounds of hammering and general construction noises are
interspersed with discussion over next steps.

Before the Matrix.
Banks of clouds roil about here. ... A trill architect stands here, heaps of blueprints and
measuring equipment tucked under his arm. Muttering sourly under his breath, a trill
foreman stands here looking over her clipboard. A lucidian repairman stands here in a
pristine grey jumpsuit. ...
You see exits leading northeast, southeast, southwest, and northwest.

A lucidian repairman hammers boards into place, then brings in panels of crystal and
drags in some chiselling tools.

Yarith claps his hands together merrily.

Yarith Shevat says, "I do love construction."

Emeritus Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "Are we sure we trust the architect?"

You say, "Ooh, what's being constructed?"

A trill architect narrows his eyes at Ayisdra in an unnerving manner.

A trill architect exclaims, "Good work, sir Adii. We're nearly finished with our
portion!"

Yarith Shevat says to Ayisdra, "Yes. I am sure someone without qualifications and
paperworks is allowed to erect errant structures before our army of commissars."

A grouchy trill foreman says, "Aye! Adii was quite the help."

Emeritus Ayisdra Ysav'rai says to a trill architect, "There is a small sense that you
are actually a fae. And yet you look trill."

Dripping with sarcasm, a grouchy trill foreman says, "Now, architect, is everything
to your expectations?"

A trill architect mumbles indignantly to himself.

A trill architect says, "Has anyone seen the Primus? I have a researcher arriving
shortly to finish the mechanics involved with Broadcasting but will also need the
Primus and his science to assist."

Yarith ponders the situation.

Sunlight glitters on the surrounding buildings, reflecting dizzily off of nearby
spires and mosaics.

Yarith Shevat says, "I have not seen him presently, but he was about a bit ago.."

Swaying gently with each movement, Researcher Wi'ix Manchova enters from the
northwest.

Researcher Wi'ix Manchova offers a polite nod to those gathered, before turning her
attention to the architect.

A trill architect says, "Ah, greetings Researcher Wi'ix Manchova. Timely arrival,
indeed."

Researcher Wi'ix Manchova says, "I trust we are on schedule?"

A trill architect says, "Indeed, but you should be aware there was a slight
adjustment to the blueprints earlier..."

Her voice cool, Researcher Wi'ix Manchova says, "Is that so?"

Yarith inclines his head politely to Researcher Wi'ix Manchova.
Researcher Wi'ix Manchova flickers curious shades of light green, her head tilting
slightly.

Smoothing his wings with controlled composure, a trill architect says, "Aye, this...
hired foreman did not find my original blueprints to her liking. The space you will
be working with will be rather tight until the Primus arrives to expand the interior
space."

A grouchy trill foreman says, "Oi back to that are we? I told ya, your blasted
control room for this thing would be half-dangling off the platform if you didn't.
Besides that Primus fellow did say he could make it bigger on the inside with his
science."

Researcher Wi'ix Manchova glances between the architect and the foreman, shades of
green flickering over her skin.

Yarith pauses for a second, a slight frown upon his face.

Yarith Shevat says, "That may be an issue. I can't sense the Primus about, though I
am certain he was here a while before."

Radiating hues of frustrated crimson, Researcher Wi'ix Manchova says, "Indeed? Will
the control room admit one individual at the least?"

A trill architect says, "Aye."

Coolly patient, Researcher Wi'ix Manchova says, "Then I shall begin my work, but I
suppose I shall be the only one within. Do not disturb me."

A trill architect says to Yarith, "If you can continue seeking the Primus, it would
be much appreciated."

A trill architect ruffles his wings in noticeable upset.

With a sharp nod, Yarith Shevat says, "I will, yes. I'll try to reach out to him."

Researcher Wi'ix Manchova gracefully curtseys then glides silently into the control
room, barring the way behind her as she begins her work.
Orventa inclines her head politely to those around her.

Professor Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "How fares the construction?"

You tell Professor Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect, "Doing alright. Just
trying to figure out what they're building here."

Orventa tells you, "I've heard it might be a communications tower of some sort.
Though to what purpose, I have no idea."

Luce steps out of the Matrix, trailing sparkling motes of light.

Orventa curtseys gracefully before Luce.

Luce inclines his head politely to those around him.

A trill architect exclaims, "Ah, Chairman, good!"

Orventa sits herself down on a cylindrical chair of transparent crystal and makes
herself comfortable.

Luce shifts his eyes suspiciously from side to side.

A grouchy trill foreman says, "Oi, architect, if I'm no longer needed, I'll be on my
way, eh?"

Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman says, "Goor morning, citizens."

Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman says, "Good, rather."

Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman says, "Bit my tongue earlier."

A storm-coloured greyhound pants heavily, his tail wagging enthusiastically.

A trill architect massages his temples and waves a grouchy trill foreman away with
some conciliatory phrases.

A grouchy trill foreman inclines her head then walks back towards the Clarramore
Gardens.

A grumpy trill foreman frowns at her clipboard, then strides briskly to the southwest.

A trill architect says, "Good morning, Chairman, apologies for the interruption. We
are nearly complete. But have been awaiting the Primus for final touches."

Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman asks, "Is there some point of contention?"

Comprehension flashes across Luce's face.

Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman looks skeptical and says, "I'm not sensing him in the
realms."

A trill architect says, "I do wonder if another set of blueprints were available if
another of the Institute might aid?"

Professor Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "The only copies I know of
were handed to the Primus, I think."

A trill architect says, "Indeed there was some... contention earlier. My blueprints
would not fit upon the platform, or so that foreman said, so the control room of the
requested structure was made smaller as a result."

A trill architect says to Orventa, "I retained a copy of my own work, such is
required for a proper architectural portfolio, of course."

Orventa nods her head at a trill architect.

Professor Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "There is still the issue of
creating a space that is simultaneously larger on the inside while being small
outside, I gather?"

A trill architect says, "Indeed, thus the need for one of the Institute. Their
superior technology will be most beneficial."

With a disheartened mumble, a trill architect says, "Unless we wish to enlist gnomes
but I do not think it need come to that."

Luce shudders violently.

Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman says, "The city is still recovering from the last piece of
gnomish technology we employed."

A trill architect nods his head sagely.

Nodding, Professor Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "While I'm afraid I
don't have the authority to enact the use of certain technologies... I believe the
Primus had in mind something along the lines of an Eye of Harmony device."

Professor Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "That would require a power
source."

Professor Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Or so his equations
intimated."

Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman asks, "I wonder if you couldn't just enchant the doorway
to shrink anyone that entered?"

Orventa chuckles long and heartily.

(Trueflight Trading & Tea Co.): You say, "What is the Eye of Harmony IC? Because it
sounds to me like everyone's just building a TARDIS here."

(Trueflight Trading & Tea Co.): Orventa says, "There isn't one yet."

A trill architect says, "I am confident between the Primus and the Researcher
something may be devised."

(Trueflight Trading & Tea Co.): Orventa says, "But yes that's what we're trying to
build, or gero is because whatever the city is planning for the tower needs to be
bigger on the inside."

(Trueflight Trading & Tea Co.): You say, "Okay, well, the time vector generator is
what gives it dimensional transcendence."

(Trueflight Trading & Tea Co.): Orventa says, "But gero isn't responding, and I'm a
huge whovian, but I don't want to spoil whatever they wanted to do and get everyone
angry."

Professor Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says to you, "Brother, the
engineers of the Aeromantic centre might they have any ideas as to a solution?"

You ponder for a moment and say "Hrm..."

You say, "Issues of time and relative dimensions in space aren't really my field, sorry."

Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman asks, "For a power source, could the device be rigged to
take in light in the way that Lucidians can?"

A trill architect says, "This is beyond my expertise, sir Chairman. When the
Researcher is complete with the actual broadcasting mechanism, perhaps she may be
able to answer?"

Researcher Wi'ix Manchova arrives with a curt nod to a trill architect, "It is done."

Kialkarkea curtseys gracefully.

Wondir inclines her head politely to those around her.

Junior Fellow Wondir, Master of Temporal Science whispers, "What is done, exactly?"

Orventa curtseys gracefully before Researcher Wi'ix Manchova.
Researcher Wi'ix Manchova glances askance.

Blithely, Researcher Wi'ix Manchova says, "Did I hear some concern over the size of
the control room, still?"

Professor Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Greetings, Fellow Manchova."

Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman says, "There was also a suggestion to power the device
with ambient light, but yes."

Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman says, "It needs to be made larger than it is on the
outside."

Glowing a long-suffering jade-green hue, Researcher Wi'ix Manchova says, "I can
assist with constructing the device alongside a fellow of the Institute, aye. I am
studied across several areas."

(Trueflight Trading & Tea Co.): You say, "Oh goodness, I feel bad about recrating the
TARDIS when I don't even know what this is supposed to be."

Researcher Wi'ix Manchova says to Orventa, "Perhaps the Professor may be able to lend
aid?"

Professor Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says to Researcher Wi'ix Manchova,
"I would be honoured to assist, if I can try."

Researcher Wi'ix Manchova says, "Of course, we may require some essence initially to
power such a device, then I can certainly connect an ongoing regulator with the
Matrix here."

A storm-coloured greyhound pants heavily, his tail wagging enthusiastically.

Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman says, "I can gather some. It will give me something
productive to do."

Professor Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says to Researcher Wi'ix Manchova,
"Would you perhaps be familiar with the creation of a time vector generator?"

Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman says to a lucidian repairman, "Thank you, citizen."

Nodding, her crystalline face showing no expression, Researcher Wi'ix Manchova says,
"Aye, that is one method. We should build a niche for it out of the way to ensure no
one discover it."

Professor Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Is there anything else the
citizenry might do to assist?"

Researcher Wi'ix Manchova leans down, just inside the doorway, and points to just the
spot. "Ah, you there, Adii. Please cut a rectangular space just there."

Researcher Wi'ix Manchova says to Orventa, "What sort of housing or casing do you
recommend, Professor?"

A lucidian repairman nods briefly then gets down on his knees and begins carefully
carving a rectangle into the crystallione panel.

Professor Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "I would think a modulating
shell of plasma might work, perhaps skysilver conductors."

Making a soft 'snick' sound at the back of her mouth, Researcher Wi'ix Manchova says,
"That may work. Would you be so kind as to acquire an amount of silver?"

Professor Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "I can, yes. How much, may I
ask?"

Researcher Wi'ix Manchova measures and calculates in the air, her fingers drawing
things out for her alone to see, then mumbles, "Ah, yes, hm, ten bars should be
sufficient? We do not need an entire house within the tiny tower, simply 'more'."

Reaching from her case, Orventa gives a group of 10 silver bars to Researcher Wi'ix
Manchova.

Looking around, Researcher Wi'ix Manchova says, "Ah, now to turn it into skysilver."

The Matrix suddenly flares with pulsating energy as Luce steps through.

Sparkling motes of bright light surround the Matrix.

Researcher Wi'ix Manchova says to you, "Would you be so kind, young Aeromage, or even
the Emeritus, to lend me a touch of your wind and lightning?"

With a note of stern warning, Researcher Wi'ix Manchova says, "Do not singe me, mind.
"

You twirl your staff and a nimbus of clouds forms around you, crackling with tiny
bolts of lightning.

You have emoted: Akatriel blows softly on the nimbus, sending it towards Wi'ix.
Researcher Wi'ix Manchova lifts the bars of silver into the lightning carefully,
using the Aeromancy gifts to mould the bars. Then taking each cloud essence, she
imbues the silver carefully and connects the device into an almost wand-like shape,
though the numerous magical and mechnical properties are hidden within.

A lucidian repairman steps back far away now that the rectangular opening is ready.

Researcher Wi'ix Manchova bends down and affixes the vector generator into the niche,
positioning it to face inside the control room. "There we are... Now, repairman Adii,
if you would be so kind as to secure it again."

Getting on his knees with the spare panel he just cut away, a lucidian repairman says,
 "Aye, ma'am."

Coolly composed, Researcher Wi'ix Manchova says, "If that is all, perhaps I shall
depart to my other duties now?"

Orventa inclines her head politely to Researcher Wi'ix Manchova.
Researcher Wi'ix Manchova says, "I am busy, faeling. Bother someone else."
"Shoo! Shoo!" Researcher Wi'ix Manchova says to Orventa as she waves her away.

Orventa's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Professor Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "It was an honour to work
with you."

Inclining her head, Researcher Wi'ix Manchova says, "Fair winds citizens, Professor,
Chairman."

Luce inclines his head politely to those around him.

With a polite nod, Researcher Wi'ix Manchova leaves to the northwest.

(Trueflight Trading & Tea Co.): You say, "Okay, I'm all kinds of thrilled."

(Trueflight Trading & Tea Co.): Orventa says, "We accidentally made a TARDIS! I don't
think this is really what the Board planned.. but eh."

A trill architect says, "I think that is the final detail, once Adii is ready."

Standing up and brushing off his jumpsuit, a lucidian repairman says, "Indeed. She is
ready."
Orventa briefly opens her notepad to record the details.

A trill architect walks towards the door leading into the tower control room and
unblocks the entrance.

A trill architect says, "Shall we enter in then?"

Frowning deeply at some of his blueprints, a trill architect leaves to the in.

Professor Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says to Luce, "After you, Chairman.
"

Luce leaves to the in.

The Crystal Resonance Tower broadcasts: This is a test. The Crystal Resonance Tower
is conducting a test of the Hallifax Broadcast System. This is only a test.