Retirement Value

I know there has been a few questions asked about this, though I'm putting this out mostly for transparency.

Not going to beat around the bush here, rather be straight to the point: I have spent over $3000 on Lusternia this year. Had I bought nothing but credits, we'd have been looking in the region of ~11000cr. Now, of course, not everything is taken into account, but given my retirement value is less than 4000cr, I'd request a complete run-down of what's at play here. That seems a rather massive difference.

Please feel free to post and discuss matters related.

Thanks and have a nice day, everyone.
email: martin@pharanyx.net
Discord: Pharanyx#4357

Comments

• Well, it's not based purely on the amount of money you've spent on the character. Instead it looks at what artifacts you have, where your skills are, and how many credits you have. It does NOT include things like the credits and lessons from leveling up, items given out in game(such as the artifact stockings that you can pull items from), things gained via achievements, credits received from your org or via bardics, or bought via the credit market. I'm not 100% sure if it counts things like wonder artifacts, where you got the gems as a promotion by buying credit packages, or if it counts things like buying solstice crates or anything. And we know it doesn't count the no brainer/starter packages.

But, let's assume the promotion crates and artifacts bought via the website are counted. So, at $3000 we first take off  $69.99, representing two lesson packages and one no-brainer credit package. Because for that value, you should have bought them, yeah? So you're left with $2930.01 toward your retirement value. Or, at 27.5 cent per credit and rounding up 10,654. But! Even that's not a fully accurate number, as the price per credit goes down the more you spend, and most don't spend a thousand at a time. So let's instead assume it at a price per credit of 33 cent per, which is the 600 credit package, and more likely to have been bought regularly. Sometimes you'll buy a smaller one, sometimes you'll buy a larger one for a specific artifact or whatnot. But let's assume that as the average. That is instead 8,879 credits, rounded up for a retirement value of about 4400.

My best guess as to what has happened to have your retire value being below that is two factors. First, you bought more credits in smaller packages, meaning the price you paid per is higher. Second you bought crates/dingbats/artifacts/promotional stuff, and the value calculated for those via retire doesn't line up with the value for buying credits for the same amount, or it only calculates artifacts/credits gained from these promotions. Let's say you bought a solstice crate or whatever they were called. Presents, whatever. And opening them you got the coins for wheel spins. So you spun and spun the wheel. And of those spins you got 5 divine favors, 5 experience gain spins, 1 rune artifact, 2 lucky clover blessings, and 1 disc, and 1 curio crate. It's possible that retire value only counts the disc and the artifact. Not the curios, not the blessings, and so on.

Bit long winded, but that would all be my guess as to what's happening.
  • We generally have a strict policy not to discuss an individual's financial information on the forums. If you are curious about your specific retirement value, I would recommend emailing support@lusternia.com.

However, Kay is fairly correct about the general reasoning of what's happening.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Something I can throw out is that the game also takes things into account like artifacts you've won from the wheel. If you get rid of these, it holds the cost of that artifact against you. 

For instance, at one time Shaddus was omnitrans with a large amount of artifacts that he generally won from the Wheel.  Having traded in a bunch of stuff in his past, I'd have to buy him about 4k credits to let him retire. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    And only items worth credits that can be traded in will count towards your tradein value. Not dingbat items, curios, aethermanses/aethershops, collared beasts, custom beasts, customized items, and so on. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    And only items worth credits that can be traded in will count towards your tradein value. Not dingbat items, curios, aethermanses/aethershops, collared beasts, custom beasts, customized items, and so on. 
    Dingbat items are now counted if they have a dingbat tradein value. Same with aethergoop (for the standard system value for it). This was added in... Late march or early april.
    Ianir said:
    Shaddus said:
    Dingbat items are now counted if they have a dingbat tradein value. Same with aethergoop (for the standard system value for it). This was added in... Late march or early april.

What are the chances this will ever be retroactively applied to accounts where characters in the past were retired holding a lot of dingbat items? 
  • Or to accounts where said character was previous omnitrans with dozens of artifacts? >.>
    email: martin@pharanyx.net
    Discord: Pharanyx#4357
    "Damn." mutters Ianir, taking a long sip of his hot tea and setting it aside. "What did I just do?" 
  • Retroactive changes are unlikely to happen due to the nature of a lack of ability to verify and a lack of control over the system, sorry.