Seeking Descriptions

Not entirely sure if there's one of these threads yet, the old forums had something similar if someone was looking for a certain description.

I'm wondering if anyone know anything about the descriptions of the Elders Loboshi and Volkh.

So far I have the Loboshi is in Tosha depicted by redwood and pearls for eyes, and from the histories that Volkh has a hairy jaw - but from searching this is all I can find. 

Comments

• Volkh would probably look a lot like loboshigaru, as it was Loboshi's connection with Volkh that gave them their appearance

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Yeah, I searched myself when I was customizing some artifacts and couldn't find any substantial descriptions of either.
  • edited January 2013
    Morshoth said:

Volkh would probably look a lot like loboshigaru, as it was Loboshi's connection with Volkh that gave them their appearance

"Her shards took a lupine form," said Mugowumpois brusquely. "I assumed she might, given her relationship with the wolves since Volkh died."

There is no definitive description of an Elder God, save the Primals and Xyl (though it doesn't state to just what extent he looked). I will say the lore states they were made in the image of Yudhe's, if I do recall. And that the remaining Elder Gods speculate on how their shards look like their Creations or Spirits, rarely do they comment on how they look like the Elder God.

I've formed my own opinions about that, but I think that's really up for individuals to interpret.
  • Eventru said:
    Morshoth said:

Volkh would probably look a lot like loboshigaru, as it was Loboshi's connection with Volkh that gave them their appearance

"Her shards took a lupine form," said Mugowumpois brusquely. "I assumed she might, given her relationship with the wolves since Volkh died."

There is no definitive description of an Elder God, save the Primals and Xyl (though it doesn't state to just what extent he looked). I will say the lore states they were made in the image of Yudhe's, if I do recall. And that the remaining Elder Gods speculate on how their shards look like their Creations or Spirits, rarely do they comment on how they look like the Elder God.

I've formed my own opinions about that, but I think that's really up for individuals to interpret.

Ah... yes, that is what it said.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I'm going with 'the elder gods all looked like humans.' Well, except for Dracnoris and Keph. And Xyl. And Jadice. Oh, and Charune and Centaubi who weren't star shaped for some reason. Oh, Trillillial and Isune had wings. And...

• edited January 2013
    Qistrel said:

I'm going with 'the elder gods all looked like humans.' Well, except for Dracnoris and Keph. And Xyl. And Jadice. Oh, and Charune and Centaubi who weren't star shaped for some reason. Oh, Trillillial and Isune had wings. And...

Nothing says Charune and Centaubi had four legs during the Elder Wars. And many half-formed still have wings (Methrenton, etc), that doesn't exclude them from being "star-shaped". Xyl had crystalline skin, but that doesn't exclude him from being human looking. Doesn't mean he was, of course. Dracnoris and Keph weren't star shaped elder gods, but Primals.
    edited January 2013
    I know they are primals. I was just including them so they're not left out. :P I could have thrown in the other primals, but I can't remember them all without checking up.

I would accept that Centaubi's shards don't look like him, or that Charune changed during his time in the void....but the fact that he and his brother's shards ended up with four legs and two arms seems more than just coincidence.

• Qistrel said:

I know they are primals. I was just including them so they're not left out. :P I could have thrown in the other primals, but I can't remember them all without checking up.

I would accept that Centaubi's shards don't look like him, or that Charune changed during his time in the void....but the fact that he and his brother's shards ended up with four legs and two arms seems more than just coincidence.

Of course it's more then coincidence. They made most large, four-legged mammals, particularly beasts of burden and prey, between them - horses, deer, moose, oxen, ponies, bovine, etc. That they, like Bollikin and Tae, take after their favoured creations most doesn't surprise me at all.

Of course, those animals are made of their own essence, so it could speak to a greater quality that is found within the Gods themselves, the animals merely reflect that aspect, and so the gods looking like them is merely them allowing aspects of their nature to speak up...

Or Charune and Centaubi had Siamese twins that didn't form well and were mostly absorbed, save their legs.
    So, can (non-Mysrai) elder gods change their shape on purpose?

• Qistrel said:
    So, can (non-Mysrai) elder gods change their shape on purpose?
    Shouldn't be entirely quoted on this, but Zvoltz mentioned being similarly non-single formed once as Mysrai [being from the same creche] and just chooses a single form [though usually just shows up as his tiny ambulatory plasma ball]. Elostian was similarly mostly bodiless, though for other reasons, though I don't know if he could appear as he liked.

And I know some gods have appeared as different mortal guises [see Hallifax Masquerade Ball]

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Morgfyre doesn't generally come out looking like a giant maw and tentacle monster in public, either.

• Lavinya said:
    Morgfyre doesn't generally come out looking like a giant maw and tentacle monster in public, either.
    I thought Morgfyre only ever appeared as an illusionary body and his physical body was somewhere else.

I don't think Elostian or Elcyrion ever really shapechanged, Elostian seemed more likely to be standing invisibly right beside you, watching everything you were doing.
  • Out of curiosity, would anyone happen to have logs or descriptions of what Project Paradox and Operation Crucible looked like when they were attacking the other city? I thought I had saved a log of what happened, but I can't seem to find them.
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.