Aethergoop

I don't understand how 60:1 is a thing. Am I missing something or is the present aethergoop market just a gamewide mathsfail? Every time I see these rates I feel the urge to flip tables and flame Ianir.

PS - no, I don't blame Ianir. But then I don't blame the tables neither.

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Aethergoop is drastically undervalued.  Players can fix it, but I still have not had any takers on my offer to help partially fund adding artifacts to the goop list.

The more artifacts available with goop, the more it will be worth (as a viable alternative to credits).  Right now you can save a lot of dough by converting credits to goop and buying the goop arties instead, but if the arty you want is not available with goop that does you no good.

PS: My offer still stands!  Write me a description for an arty I own, crowdsource up some goop (I will chip in some myself) and we can get it listed for everyone (including you!).
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Still standing by the same offer as Xenthos, if you have an arti you want available as goop, post it in that other thread and we'll find someone to post it up as goop arti (some people offered to make descs too I think).
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • We value goop at 20:1 internally. The ability to skin new artifacts was added as a way to reduce the inflation, and several people have taken advantage of it thus far. At four months since implementation though, it seems this was not the way to go, and we will begin looking at new solutions.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Goops been a big thing given out in the majority of promos I've seen so the promos have just saturated the market with it.

The big thing that decreased the value of goop was changing trading in goop items to only return goop. When it was able to return credits/dingbats you pretty much set the market rates on that.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Ianir said:
    We value goop at 20:1 internally. The ability to skin new artifacts was added as a way to reduce the inflation, and several people have taken advantage of it thus far. At four months since implementation though, it seems this was not the way to go, and we will begin looking at new solutions.
    Not the way to go, as in you're taking it away? D:

I'm actually sort of saddened that there aren't more skins out there. There's only a handful, yet so many artifacts that loan themselves to some good skinning.
  • I don't think the price is really at 60:1. People have struggled to buy at 50:1.  After the nerf to goop tradeins the price went from 30 to 40-50 as people sold en masse. That initial wave of supply has mostly dried up now. People not wanting to feel like they've been 'ripped off' is probably a pretty big factor in why goop is still valued at ~50:1. After all, if everyone has told you that you should buy at 50:1, why would you take any less? Posts like this will only keep the value low for longer.
  • People are still selling at 50 to one right now. Bought a few thousand myself at that rate.
  • Rivius said:
    Ianir said:
    We value goop at 20:1 internally. The ability to skin new artifacts was added as a way to reduce the inflation, and several people have taken advantage of it thus far. At four months since implementation though, it seems this was not the way to go, and we will begin looking at new solutions.
    Not the way to go, as in you're taking it away? D:
    No, not taking it away. Finding more solutions. I'm not going to remove a feature unless it's actively harming the game.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.