Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• Vatul said:
    I've been happily playing Promethean Chronicle of Darkness tabletop with @Portius, @Tremula and the mysteriously elusive @Zitto. It's my first ever, so it has been an interesting experience trying to figure that out. It really fun though! It's definitely getting me inspired for more books in game.
    How is Promethean 2e anyways (or are you guys using 1e)?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    It's a much-patched version of 1st. I think that it's significantly better, but that's mostly from the patches that are general to the second editions more than Promethean specific things. The more specialized bits are mostly tweaks.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Portius said:
    It's a much-patched version of 1st. I think that it's significantly better, but that's mostly from the patches that are general to the second editions more than Promethean specific things. The more specialized bits are mostly tweaks.
    Ah. I always felt that the base 2e/CoD/GMU (or whatever other names they have used) made odd choices in the charges, codifing rules more from the vagueness that White Wolf (and I guess to a lesser point Oynx Path) was known for. Things like Conditions/Tilts, XP being an exact thing, and Social Doors feel too much....game-like (I get how odd that sounds being it is still a tabletop game, but WW has normally been less game-focused and more towards the stories bits).
  • Vatul said:
    the mysteriously elusive @Zitto.
    Thank you, your power awakened me from death.
    I am Chara, the demon that comes when people call its na...  wait, this isn't the right forum for that.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    So just as an aside, if someone mildly interested in combat and exploring other games without wanting to invest a huge amount of credits (gotta keep generating that sweet, sweet retire value for starmourn), what would you lot suggest? I remember reading something about one that has an evil eye skill that looked pretty cool...
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Starmourn isn't going to be accepting retirement credits, at least not for a while.

In Achaea, the Serpent class can get by with transing just its primary skill (Subterfuge), and a few lessons into Hypnosis so it can give out impatience.

What you're talking about is Apostate, the 'evil priest' class. It's pretty good, not many artifacts needed because it's an affliction class.
  • Ok. Who forgot to feed the hamsters?
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ah, so it isn't just me?

Not that I'm going to complain too loudly. My octopus just finished and is delicious - this gives me time to focus on my food.

• In the middle of giving @Hani an advancement interview! :(
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Via Discord

Lorina-Today at 12:49 PM

Who the hell is mudsexing maids?
    Shaddus?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Yeah, we're back up. Somebody was summoning a large number of maids and ended up offline before an error message could fire, and it caused too many untrapped errors which triggered a Rapture safeguard to kill itself to prevent data corruption if too many happen in a short period of time.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Sylandra said:
    With that, Lusternia proudly releases the latest new area in the Basin of Life:

Causing untrapped errors and triggering your safeguards since 2017!
    I think you mean the final unreleased archetype. They're here to clean up this mess.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    No wonder the hamsters are in rebellion. They can't maintain a fine layer of dander if it's being dusted away constantly.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I have so many questions.
  • edited November 2017

Sorry guys. I can't resist.
    Is there any reason why a play or something might no longer be visible? I know for a fact that a play by either Llandros or Lendren existed, because it used to be part of my forums signature before I changed it to Jagrerox's song, but now that I'm searching for it I can't seem to find it. To make a long story short, it documented the story of two young, homosexual lovers in Celest. One became tainted, and the other had to face backlash from his father, country, and even himself as he was tormented between his lover and his faith. It was truly amasing to watch as a player, and has significant importance to my character, so if anyone knows of its whereabouts or what happened to it, I'd be greatly, GREATLY appreciative.

• Tremula said:
    Is there any reason why a play or something might no longer be visible? I know for a fact that a play by either Llandros or Lendren existed, because it used to be part of my forums signature before I changed it to Jagrerox's song, but now that I'm searching for it I can't seem to find it. To make a long story short, it documented the story of two young, homosexual lovers in Celest. One became tainted, and the other had to face backlash from his father, country, and even himself as he was tormented between his lover and his faith. It was truly amasing to watch as a player, and has significant importance to my character, so if anyone knows of its whereabouts or what happened to it, I'd be greatly, GREATLY appreciative.
    It could have been deleted, more so by mistake if the stage in question has a lot of stage managers.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited November 2017
    Wasn’t that by Jael? You might be confusing playwrights.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Sylandra had the right of it! I'm rewatching it now and it's bringing a tear to my eye, thank you so much, dear. <3

• Tremula said:
    Sylandra had the right of it! I'm rewatching it now and it's bringing a tear to my eye, thank you so much, dear. <3
    Jael's plays are pretty amazing.
  • I like Kezadeil
  • What's an ephemeral?
  • Versalean said:
    What's an ephemeral?
    You don't just get to become a God because you are working behind the scenes, Once you are on teh path you eventually will earn a spot as an ephemeral, if you once played a mortal in Lusty then its to that ones opposite org. I've been told. Then you earn the Admin points to become a Diety, and then are assigned where needed.
    Ephemerals are the assistants/Interns to the Gods/Admin.
    Basically.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited November 2017
    Tylwyth said:
    Versalean said:
    What's an ephemeral?
    You don't just get to become a God because you are working behind the scenes, Once you are on teh path you eventually will earn a spot as an ephemeral, if you once played a mortal in Lusty then its to that ones opposite org. I've been told. Then you earn the Admin points to become a Diety, and then are assigned where needed.
    Ephemerals are the assistants/Interns to the Gods/Admin.
    Basically.
    The ephemeral assignment part sounds about right, but hasn't it been said before that the admins get to choose which city they go to as a God? I seem to remember that being said somewhere.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    If there is a city or commune in particular need of a divine or patron, Estarra will try to nudge an eph in that direction, but being pushed too hard in a direction they aren't comfortable with can result in burnout.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?