It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Rome, the eternal city. You know what the problem with being eternal is? All of your enemies are eternal, too. And Rome has a lot of enemies.
The provincials are in rebellion, screaming for liberation from your enlightened rule. Conspirators walk the city's streets, hoping to claim your power for their own. Enemies are at the gate, eager to avenge ancient wrongs and plunder your wealth.
Worst of all, you have to share power. You hate that. An eternity's worth of emperors are here, each one hoping to save the city and their throne. Oh, well. You can probably work together. After all, your government was built on the premise of taking turns and sharing power with equals.
Welcome to Roman Mafia, the game where you all act like homicidal, paranoid lunatics. Or, as some people prefer to call them, Romans.
Here are your rules, stolen with slight alterations from Silvanus who stole them from Sylandra who may or may not have stolen them from someone else.
1. Votes MUST be in bold to count, and they're only valid if you call them proscriptions. (ex. Proscribe Portius)
2. Once a majority has been reached, the day ends. Anything that happens after a final vote will not happen, including unvotes to bring the target below the minimum threshold, unless a power explicitly allows this.
3. You are not allowed to post in the thread during the night phases.
4. You are not allowed to communicate with each other outside the thread unless your role specifically allows you to do this.
5. Once you are eliminated, you are not allowed to post in the thread during the day phase unless your role explicitly allows this.
6. You are not allowed to quote your role PM.
7. Do not discuss game details outside of the game.
8. If you go inactive, please let me know so I can find a replacement player. (Those interested in being a replacement player, please message me for a waitlist!)
9. You're not allowed to edit your posts. Doublepost instead if you want to clarify something.
10. You must be sportsmanlike. If you are rude or inflammatory to the point that the game ceases to be enjoyable for the rest of the players, I reserve the right to modvig you out of the game. Mafia may be a game about emotional manipulation and deceit, but it's still a game! Have fun with it. But most importantly, be respectful.
11. The game will
end when either the town or the mafia have reached their victory
12. Dayphases will last no longer than 72 hours. If three days go by without a lynch, the Nightphase will immediately begin.
13. Nightphases will last no longer than 24 hours. If night actions are not delivered at the end of the night phase, it will be read as no action.
You also get some mod advice!
-This is a historical game with historical characters, within a certain value of historical. Wikipedia may be your friend, and claiming your name might be enough for people to guess at your role. On the other hand, my brain might not make the same thematic links as yours! Use historical research carefully!
-This game includes some unusual mechanics. You can PM me mechanical questions if you have them.
-This is a fluffy game. Assume that there will be a gap between phases while I compose fluff. You may or may not be able to infer information from fluff.Finally, This game starts at midnight EST, slightly less than an hour from now. I have put the thread up slightly early for convenience and so you can all read the rules. Please do not post until then.