SSC

Sorry if there is an SSC thread somewhere but I couldn't find it. I did look. Polite request: Please do not use this thread to complain about the fact that SSC exists or its implementation. Questions and constructive feedback only!

So lemme start by observing that SSC appears to go right ahead and try to spam-cure me while I'm unconscious (poteens). Would it be possible/desirable for it to recognise when you're unconscious and pause/gag until you're conscious again?

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shouldn't you BUG that? :P
  • edited November 2017
    Versalean said:
     Would it be possible/desirable for it to recognise when you're unconscious and pause/gag until you're conscious again?

Okay, let me rephrase the question: Is this working as intended or not?

EDIT: That may sound like a stupid question but I'm serious. It may be that the godmincoders wanted it to try and cure no-matter-what, and that this leaves something for people who want awesomer-than-SCC systems to do.
    Getting spammed with cures when the system cannot cure does not sound intended, hence the BUG idea.  If they say "not a bug" that's when it's a good idea to forum-discuss imo, but I'm 99% sure it's a bug and will be fixed pretty rapidly if you report it. :)
  • Don't be afraid to use the BUG command.

Worst case they go eh its not a bug and close the report.

If something doesnt look right, looks too good or doesnt work as if it sounds like it should bug it.
  • Thanks - I always feel like a BUG, like an ISSUE is going to make klaxons and spinning red lights go off up Gods HQ with an automated voice shouting STAHP WHAT UR DOIN NAO AND FIX THIS THING VERSALEAN DOESN'T LIKE (partly because when I do BUG things the response is pretty damned quick), so I didn't want to bug it unless I was entirely sure. On this occasion that doesn't seem to have been the correct route, so apologies for raising it here, folks.
    You are generally encouraged to always bug anything that does not look right, as Veyils stated.  Sometimes we have an overly zealous admin who likes to take a look at things as soon as they are filed, but that is a good thing, not a bad one. :)