Changing / Adjusting cloaking gems

2»

Comments

• Arix said:
    You can make people as visible as you want, that won't make them any less AFK
    -Exactly-
    <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.lusternia.com/banner/minkahmet.jpg">https://www.lusternia.com/banner/minkahmet.jpg</a>
  • edited February 2018
    Just as a point

[CURRENTLY IN THE REALM]
       Able to welcome new members: Jaspet and Veyils

[DENIZEN ABLE TO WELCOME NEW MEMBERS]
                           Brennan: ASK BRENNAN JOIN GLOMDORING

[THE SHADOWMAZE]
                       Chancellors: (nobody)
                 Teachers in realm: Veyils

Gems take you off this, I think the help file should show teachers and such with or without gem.

EDIT:

also teachers dont show cross plane, if im on ethereal no newbie on see im about even with gem off.
  • Tenaka said:
    Having a toggle between full hidden and location hidden is pointless, because nobody will pick location hidden only, if they have the option of picking fully hidden.

It's a stupid option to include in a poll on changing the gem.

Options should be:

Leave it alone.
    Change it.

I disagree. I'd use that all the time, particularly when I'm on prime. I love the idea of showing that I'm around but still not giving away location.
  • Much of this comes across as a bit like a, "Do it for the children" post.

If the problem is actually newbies, exempt newbies.

If the problem is actually friends, use or expand CLWHO.

It must have gotten easier to get around Achaea than when I played, but, it is stupid easy to get around Lusternia. This game is seriously lacking places where people can get away from other people.

Let Newbies see past gem except for location until maybe level 60th and see if that fixes things.
  • Don't aetherships only cost like 350k? That's pretty cheap, considering that in Achaea the least expensive alternative to get away from people costs 2.5M.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm sorry if it's been brought up, I've had a very long day, but after thinking about the original question I have one of my own.

Has the idea of changing gems to function as normal off-Prime and showing you're online but hiding location while on-Prime been broached? The main reason I'd be against changing it is that if I'm in enemy territory farming their essence (a far cry from when I used to raid Celestia regularly for angels), I'd like them to have to work to see me there. If I'm on Prime I don't particularly mind if RandoNewb#4231 sees that I'm online. You could even just add them to the WHO list like it currently functions without having thirdeye.

WHO------

Ianir - the centre of the Sun
    Drocilla - the Enchanting Salon
    Kalikai, the Crimson Eye
    Wondir - approaching a bridge
    "Granny" Tremula, the Smiling Death

-----
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    I'm sorry if it's been brought up, I've had a very long day, but after thinking about the original question I have one of my own.

Has the idea of changing gems to function as normal off-Prime and showing you're online but hiding location while on-Prime been broached? The main reason I'd be against changing it is that if I'm in enemy territory farming their essence (a far cry from when I used to raid Celestia regularly for angels), I'd like them to have to work to see me there. If I'm on Prime I don't particularly mind if RandoNewb#4231 sees that I'm online. You could even just add them to the WHO list like it currently functions without having thirdeye.

WHO------

Kalikai, the Crimson Eye

-----
    This is actually really good, can we have this?
  • Tremula said:

WHO------

Kalikai, the Crimson Eye

-----
    The Achaea change, which was proposed both in this thread and on envoys, yes.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Additionally the privacy aura effect could do this: still show you as around but not where you are unless someone actually scries you.