2013 Players' Wishlist

UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
edited February 2013 in Common Grounds
So with the Goloth review article up covering events from throughout all of last year, I suspect Estarra may already have some outline for where Lusternia will head this year; but I thought it might be interesting to hear what others would like to see happen in Lusternia this year, what they'd like to see more of, and what they'd like to see released?

Being a lore nerd, I've always been amazed at the quality of story-telling in Lusternia and its area releases, quests and events. The histories are so awesome, and I love the diaries and extra lore that you can come across in the game, like the Icewynd and Lirangshan diaries.

Though I wasn't around for much of it, I found the fact of Lirangsha's release really interesting. Unlike the Icewynd which you could say there was an allusion to in the histories of the Vernal Wars, there was nothing (at least that I'm aware of) that suggested Lirangsha's existence. But as to how it was integrated into the world and its history revealed in the diaries? Jaw-droppingly super.

So for myself the list of what I'd like to see includes:
  • the Ghalphalshi Swamps –  their name gives me a great mental image and Vestera is also super intriguing to me, what with that random 'Vestera's Eye' room in the mountains, and her part in things with the Cursed Child.
  • the Black Dahkra'kai – the ikon text for this place made it look so awesome, but since it has some connection with Crazen if I remember correctly, I don't know where or how it could fit in with how things went this year.
  • The visions of the alternate future mini-quest this year was great. Including players in them was a really nice touch and it was fun to find out what 'alternate-person' did. So again, no clue how a comparable event could be run, but yay for that type of implementation if it can be done!
  • Only had an outsider's perspective for the Xynthin event, but wow, it looked awesome. Yes, there were some claims of 'special snowflake,' but for an event built from a player's decision, knowing there's that sort of connection with the admin is something you just don't find elsewhere.
  • It's time to reveal. Just what the hell was Burning Star?! Also, more lore on all the other really interesting sounding ikons and Vernals!
  • More of your memory crystals, Zvoltz! And maybe an order beast, so I don't have to be jealous of hydras and wargs! Ooh, and order ikons/quests! *whipcrack
  • A surprise!
I could go on, but I'll just finish by saying everyone involved in continuing Lusternia's development is great and your work is really appreciated!

Comments

• A new viravain.

• Lerad said:
    A new viravain.
    Viravain is still about, though she doesn't always go visible.

More broadly, is there some story (beyond what Ushaara has listed) people want to see expanded on? Not to say we will, but I'm curious what people want to know more about.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited February 2013
    I'd like a review and tune up of existing mechanics, especially conflict ones, before we go and release New Minigame/Gimmick #5. That's my main wish for this year.
  • Eventru said:
    Lerad said:
    A new viravain.

More broadly, is there some story (beyond what Ushaara has listed) people want to see expanded on? Not to say we will, but I'm curious what people want to know more about.
    With Ragniliff standing at 128 million some essence offered, with the next top two offerings at 12 million, and that she hasn't been visible in a bit does make some of us (given there is only about 4 of us active (as in logging on the game) in the order) think she has left again.
  • Ragniliff was just awake today.

• Glick said:
    Ragniliff was just awake today.

the she in that was referring to Viravain.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'd love to see Champion helms boost wounding again instead of damage, the same way other Champion artifacts boost their kill method.

Also while there's plenty of Orcs in the basin there's very few (living) Orclach. Starting to feel an endangered species here, would love a place to start chestbeating back and forth while going "HOOOOO!"

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I want some stories about corrupted krokani vernals! 
    Or....

+ Draxbaylock 
    +Ackleberry stuff! I love me some Ackle, and if we're never going to have the playerbase for it, I at least want to be tantalized, I have a sneaking suspicion that Lake is secretly the most awesome Great Spirit there ever was. 
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Dragons! You gave us dragon masks but no dragons. :(

Dragon Wars! The red and green dragons of Dracnoris vs the black dragons of Draxbaylock!

• Eventru said:
    Lerad said:
    A new viravain.

Oh, she is? She hasn't been vis for quite a while, so I thought the person dropped her. Well, change that to "an active viravain" then.

• [Okay... so because the forum is insane sometimes pretend that the quote is here >.=.>]

Yes please, you promised me information Zvoltz [or at least that's how I'm simplifying the conversation]. I MUST KNOW THINGS

I think you also need a god pet... familiar... thing too. I vote an unholy amalgam of panda and monkey...
    Ushaara said:
    More of your memory crystals, Zvoltz! And maybe an order beast, so I don't have to be jealous of hydras and wargs! Ooh, and order ikons/quests! *whipcrack

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Eventru said:
    Lerad said:
    A new viravain.

I would like to see:
    1) Djarrakh expanded, and
    2) That dominator fortress discussed in the histories.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I second Djarrakh. Want to see the castle we know about expanded on, and/or the discovery of another one of his castles.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Shuyin said:
    I'd like a review and tune up of existing mechanics, especially conflict ones, before we go and release New Minigame/Gimmick #5. That's my main wish for this year.
    This.

I'd also like to see some class tune ups and a more interesting seperation between moon wicca and Night wicca, namely more than 3 fae difference.

I would also like to see events that were based off the players (like the Xynthin/visions events) rather than mob meat grinders for some end of the world goal. I think they are the most engaging.

But seriously, we have enough versions of gotta catch em all pokemon, please no more. Mindless WoW style quest grinding really diminishes the game overall.
  • I think there are some fun things that could happen with bards since they are derived from the voices of gods that were coveted by the soulless.

[-O< New bard tertiary for example.....

• A completely new look at cost vs benefit, risk vs reward for small scale raiding. This part of the game has basically been removed and a lot of us are sad about it :( This is a systemic problem caused by the culmination of many factors. I know it would be a pain in the rear to fix, but please????????????

Asynchronous ikon trading through shops.

Let historic families build prime housing. Most have associated areas (d'Murani tower in mag, Feyranti Estate in mountains, etc.) just let us add rooms and doors that the presiding chair can put perms on or something.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    More lobo-themed things!
    Llandros said:
    I think there are some fun things that could happen with bards since they are derived from the voices of gods that were coveted by the soulless.

[-O< New bard tertiary for example.....

....like glamours?
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Healing for Bards.

Something that causes a Serenwilde/Glomdoring alliance (I'm serious - I can think of reasons this could be made to work and would love the chance to be anti-cities for a bit).

Xynthin <3 Or if not him, more events like that.
    Tacita said:
    Healing for Bards.

Something that causes a Serenwilde/Glomdoring alliance (I'm serious - I can think of reasons this could be made to work and would love the chance to be anti-cities for a bit).

Xynthin <3 Or if not him, more events like that.

I always liked the idea of a Seren/glom alliance but alas, 4v2 is not an appealing combat scenario.
  • edited February 2013
    BURNING STAR!!!!!   /tortures Eliahi
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Shuyin said:
    I agree, but wasn't that what the Special Report was supposed to do, or am I confused on that one?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Speaking of... Wildewood report?
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Silvanus said:
    Shuyin said:
    I agree, but wasn't that what the Special Report was supposed to do, or am I confused on that one?
    Conflict was just part of it, we got super short revolts changed, the shuffling thing implemented, etc because of it. 

I'm asking for an entire report based on it.
  • I'm looking forward to Cyrs and Gullahgumbah backstory areas being released. All four other bard guilds got theirs, so learning more would be awesome.
  • I will give you my mother for spatula scabbards! I hate having to relax grip each time to draw my nekai from their scabbards :(

Sorry, Tacita.
  • A general trade item scabbard would be nice though I imagine something like that would cost dingbats.