Lusternia IRC

2»

Comments

• Kagato said:
    Shedrin said:
    The server is irc.deathwyrm.net on port 6667

Then you join room #lusternia

Unfortunately I can't comment on how each individual IRC client will do that, as I'm just using Pidgin. Though if you have questions on using Pidgin for IRC, ask away.

Also, do join the IRC, it's great fun! I joined recently and have had enjoyable conversations with the enemy and other people I don't otherwise get to interact with OOCly. And I haven't seen any silly drama pop up (yet), which is quite nice.
    I try using that, irc.deathwyrm.net redirects to a server named bahumet.deathwyrm.net, which times out when I try to connect to it.
    I've no idea why it's doing that. What client are you using?
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited March 2013
    XChat for Ubuntu

EDIT: Worked with my most recent try, looks like the server was simply down at the time.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Tacita said:

ETA: That said, Morkarion and I keep some of the weirdest GMT hours you'll meet, so...who knows. Maybe bad luck! Come try again <3
    I should note Taci's actually being responsible these days, whereas I'm not. I think I now live on an American TZ...

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• So, is the IRC down or? As since yesterday any connection attempts keep timing out.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I'm on it, so are six others.  Hm.
  • And this is between trying three clients on two machines, all the same timeout.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

Which address are you connecting to?
    It's possible that irc.deathwyrm.net is not resolving correctly, so you could try bahumet.deathwyrm.net in the meantime.
  • Tried both, still timing out

.oO---~---Oo.

NARF!

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Just to remind you all that this still exists, and still has a core group of us popping in every day. Would be lovely to see some fresh faces, or old people who've forgotten about it back :)
  • Trying to maneuver my way around Mibbit to get in on this, can't tell if there's no one there or if I'm doing it wrong...
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Well we've got people there right now, so if you can't see us something is going wrong :(
  • aha it worked!

Okay to those Mibbit users like myself, first go to home and at the Conner tab, click the Server button, this will make the server tab appear.
    In that type: bahumet.deathwyrm.net
    In the Channel tab, type: #Lusternia

And  that should do it
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Just bumping this to remind everyone of its existence, could definitely use some more people visiting :)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Is this still used?

It's true, I really am you.
    Just checked the channel; it looks pretty empty.
  • So did I, I just thought I may have connected wrong

It's true, I really am you.
  • The only channels i see on the deathwyrm network are riftsrpg and zash. Is it on a different server?
    Retired.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Afaik the IRC was a toxic environment when it was an active thing. 
    It went through numerous iterations and groups of players; the time you're thinking about was probably the time when Hajamin and Visaeris were there all the time (that also happens to be when it was used by the largest portion of the playerbase).  That was really before things like Skype though, and other methods of communicating with people.

It's had a few resurgences since then where it was less like that / a more friendly environment, but it never had quite the same population and never lasted more than a couple of weeks.

PS: Yes, that is the right server.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    It had a good run last summer when Tacita and I were living on US timezones, there was a small group of regulars and the odd drop-in. But as Xenthos said, the accessibility and easy use of Skype made it rather irrelevant.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!