Hunger Changes

XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
edited June 2018 in Common Grounds
   o We have reinstated hunger above level 80.
     - At "feeling a bit peckish", you gain a 1/3 health bonus.
     - At "not hungry", you gain a 1/5 health bonus.
     - At "reasonably full", you gain a 1/7 health bonus.
     - At "utterly satiated", you gain a 1/9 health bonus.
     - You will no longer fall unconscious or die at "starving to death".

I have a couple of questions about this!
1) You already couldn't die to hunger, it just dropped you to 1 health.  What does this mean?  Does it no longer do damage?
2) If it does still do damage, what does this do to people AFKing in manses?  They're going to come back to a rift emptied of health potion now.  Are people expected to turn curing off when going to a manse and just expect to come back to a buffer full of hunger spam?

If it doesn't do damage at all any more, this is kind of an interesting change-- converting the hunger mechanic from one of being a penalty to one of being a buff.  It is therefore entirely optional (and if you're already at 13/13 health, you can still opt out of food entirely, it looks like?).  If it does do damage, though, everyone's going to have to be collecting food to avoid the hunger pang spam.

Comments

• if it doesn't do damage people will just gag the spam
  • My guess is that it is more economic. A lot of people are level 80. About 35% of the commodities in the game go largely into cooking.

That said, doesn't wondercornucopia affect satiety for free still? If that's the case, this just adds a buff to satiety and moves "not worrying about food" to the wondercorn crowd.

I'd assume truefavour remains unaffected as well.

• Jolanthe said:
    My guess is that it is more economic. A lot of people are level 80. About 35% of the commodities in the game go largely into cooking.

That said, doesn't wondercornucopia affect satiety for free still? If that's the case, this just adds a buff to satiety and moves "not worrying about food" to the wondercorn crowd.

I'd assume truefavour remains unaffected as well.

After 20 wondercorn turkey legs, carrots, and other assorted food items I am still weak from hunger. So I am guessing either wondercorn doesn't affect satiety anymore or the whole thing is busted cause some people are not even losing satiety for various reasons.
  • They don't stack, they just give you exactly what is that hunger level. that means you will get only 1 to your vital buff and 9 as your maximum in which you could use other things to stack up to that level. so if someone attacks you by making you vomiting, you will lose that nth as you progress to lose your hunger level.