Maylea Goes Seeking "Blue"

* Note: They caught me while I was on vacation and about to log off during the greathunt, so I think some people were off greathunting instead of joining!  I grabbed a log to clean up when I got home for people.

Sweeping across the heavens on a gentle breeze, the serene voice of Maylea, Bloom of Serenity echoes, "What did you want to tell Me, Daiua?"

* I go looking for Daiua, and eventually find her in Maylea's fulcrux.

You trace the path laid out by the wildflowers, vibrant colour suffusing the air and obstructing your vision in an array of rainbow hues before the vision passes and you find yourself somewhere else.
The Fulcrux of Maylea.
Branches twine overhead, the ambient light filtering through the thick, vibrant green canopy to dapple this copse of young beeches in flecks of brilliant gold. In the shade cast by the leaves, bluebells have grown across the ground so thickly that the sky might be dwelling underneath the trees. Each delicate blossom shimmers faintly with a hidden power, beautiful and ethereal in nature. Where the beeches stand aside to form a grove of vibrant blue, the flowers soften each footstep to a whisper of sound, and even the trees seem to bow quietly towards the shrine placed at its centre, which is adorned by a single, golden peach. Outside of the grove, the bluebells fall away gracefully from a colourful path of vibrant, low-lying wildflowers that passes seamlessly into the aether. Sprays of chervil cover the forest floor. Lovely coltsfoot carpets the forest floor. A sedge of galingale is firmly planted in the forest floor. Light arcs across the surface of a standing stone at the centre of the grove, bending in shifting patterns of colour. Daiua Greenthorn stands here, her midnight-hued eyes darting about in constant examination. Maylea, Bloom of Serenity stands here, prismatic light swirling around Her.
You see a single exit leading through a path of wildflowers.

You see the following people here:
Maylea, Xenthos.

Light and colour plays about the Transcendental Fulcux upon Avechna's Peak, issuing from the bright form of Maylea, Bloom of Serenity.

Daiua Greenthorn exclaims, "Really, Lady! Tis true!"

Maylea creases Her brow in a frown.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "You are sure of this, Daiua?"

Looking down and shuffling her feet, Daiua Greenthorn says, "Well, Ah've been out all these years en't Ah?"

Maylea turns Her gaze upon you.

(Glomdoring): You say, "It seems Daiua is speaking with Lady Maylea in Her fulcrux, though it is quite cryptic thus far."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says to you, "Yes?"

Tridemon has entered the area.

Emerging seamlessly from the vibrant colour, Tridemon walks into view along a path laid out by wildflowers.

You say to Maylea, "Daiua here has spent time asking the rest of us questions, and I have told her I am quite curious as to what she discovers."

You say to Maylea, "I heard Your mention of her, and thought it worth seeing what there was to hear. Though I do appear to have missed the important part."

A wry smile spreads across your face.

Daiua Greenthorn exclaims to you, "Well Ah dinnae expect an audience more'n th'Lady!"

You say, "If you would prefer to give it in private I will, of course, respect your wishes."

You tilt your head curiously.

Maylea turns to back to Daiua Greenthorn, saying softly, "So tell Me about these voices."

Daiua Greenthorn turns her gaze to Tridemon, then to you, before returning to face Maylea. "Well... er..."

(Glomdoring): Lennil says, "What matter are they discussing?"

Daiua Greenthorn coughs softly.

(Glomdoring): You say, "The rabid garosaurs, I imagine, though so far it has not been defined as anything other than "voices". But the garosaurs are what Daiua has most recently been investigating, so that seems the most likely point of discussion."

Daiua Greenthorn says, "Ah may be jus' crazy."

Daiua Greenthorn nods her head sagely.

Maylea gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Tilting Daiua's chin lightly with a hand, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says to Daiua Greenthorn, "Whatever you are, My dear, you are not crazy."

Daiua Greenthorn says, "Well... er... they seemta be comin' cross th'fabric o'th'world, yeah?"

(Glomdoring): Lennil says, "So probably post-collegium stuff, then."

You purse your lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as you carefully gather your thoughts.

Daiua Greenthorn says to Tridemon, "En't nobody 'eard 'em?"

Tridemon Regalis, Keeper of Pure Waters says, "Not to my knowledge. Then again, there are... various wavelengths of psychic communication."

(Glomdoring): You say, "Perhaps just a bit."

Tridemon Regalis, Keeper of Pure Waters says, "Like when Lord Yomoigu came back and nearly liquefied several mortals' brains because he was trying to reach various elders. A channel of communication can get crossed."

Maylea creases Her brow in a frown.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says to Daiua Greenthorn, "Speak, dear."

Daiua Greenthorn says to Maylea, "Ah 'eard th'weird voices in th'places th'gearbox said, yeah?"

Daiua Greenthorn waves the modified gearbox around in her hands. "Crazy thin'.

Daiua Greenthorn waves the modified gearbox around in her hands. "Crazy thin'."

(Glomdoring): You say, "But in general, it's a series of things that have been behaving oddly. There were a number of bouncing balls that appeared out of nowhere. Then someone showed up selling exploding balls to villages. After that, sinker balls were found embedded around the Basin, and the sinkers began growing tendrils of vines. The vines grew flowers, which released floating balls full of gas which blocked out much of the sun's warmth. These then attracted linorii glowbats, which feasted on the gas within those objects. Then the glowbats began to mature into the various linorii snakes and medusa around the mountain ranges. These then attracted garosaur pups, which have matured into adult garosaurs which are quite... aggressive. It has been a long sequence."

Daiua Greenthorn exclaims, "Ah though' Ah was 'earin' ghosts. An' th' glowbats flying ou' outta nowhere, made me really really jumpy!"

Looking around again, Daiua Greenthorn says, "Ain't nobody seen tha'? 'eard tha'?"

(Glomdoring): You say, "As we kill the adult garosaurs they have been releasing bursts of electricity which have destroyed a large number of the floating balls, so the temperatures are finally normalizing a bit, but we don't know much about the why of any of this, just the results."

You look skeptical and say, "I didn't hear anything when I was following the gearbox around, excepting directions to a new place."

As you turn a modified gnomish gearbox's handle, the crystal orb embedded in it fills with churning smoke, small crackles of light flashing within. For a brief moment, the smoke is hidden by a vision of sentinels of stone standing in eternal vigil before their charge, who radiates with divine beauty before the orb becomes clear once again.

Tridemon Regalis, Keeper of Pure Waters says, "No... but if the places that the gearbox was seeking out were places you were hearing voices, and glowbats were appearing, there is the distinct possibility that those are weak spots in the world. And that a certain gnome should really explain what the gearboxes actually DO."

Avechna's Peak continues to glow with the radiant form of the Goddess Maylea within the Transcendental Fulcrux.

Tridemon, Maylea, Xenthos.

You say, "Well, I know where this clue is, let me go see."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says to Daiua Greenthorn, "And the plants, the creatures?"

* Run to the treasurehunt room:
A modified gnomish gearbox makes a loud DING noise, indicating that this is the spot it was looking for!
[HINT]: You can SHAKE 243771 to change the room it is looking for.

You trace the image of the Fulcrux of Maylea upon the page of a blood-inscribed booklet of shadows with your fingertips, the words of invocation spilling from your lips. The image forms in the back of your mind and pulls upon you urgently.
Your arcane booklet flashes with multicoloured light and draws you through the aether.
The Fulcrux of Maylea.
Branches twine overhead, the ambient light filtering through the thick, vibrant green canopy to dapple this copse of young beeches in flecks of brilliant gold. In the shade cast by the leaves, bluebells have grown across the ground so thickly that the sky might be dwelling underneath the trees. Each delicate blossom shimmers faintly with a hidden power, beautiful and ethereal in nature. Where the beeches stand aside to form a grove of vibrant blue, the flowers soften each footstep to a whisper of sound, and even the trees seem to bow quietly towards the shrine placed at its centre, which is adorned by a single, golden peach. Outside of the grove, the bluebells fall away gracefully from a colourful path of vibrant, low-lying wildflowers that passes seamlessly into the aether. Sprays of chervil cover the forest floor. Lovely coltsfoot carpets the forest floor. A sedge of galingale is firmly planted in the forest floor. Light arcs across the surface of a standing stone at the centre of the grove, bending in shifting patterns of colour. Daiua Greenthorn stands here, her midnight-hued eyes darting about in constant examination. A water elemental churns here, crystal blue waters enveloped in a gentle mist. Maylea, Bloom of Serenity stands here, prismatic light swirling around Her.

Lennil tells you, "Hypothetically, if one wanted to see the goddess, how would one get there?"

You say, "I heard no noises aside from the "ding" as it acknowledged I was in the correct place."

You tell Drone Lennil, One of Many, "Can you teleport yet? If so, you can teleport to me."

You tell Drone Lennil, One of Many, "If not, go to the Master Ravenwood and I can open a portal."

Lennil tells you, "Please send the portal."

You draw on 10000 of your Cult's essence.
With a majestic wave of your arm, you open up a rift in the aetherways, creating a spatial corridor towards the destination you envision in your mind's eye and strengthening the path with portals at each end.

Daiua Greenthorn looks up at Maylea, tucking a strand of violet hair behind her ear. "Th'threads n' creatures'n thins', voices're all jumbled, lahk ye said, confused. Er, 'ungry."

Lennil emerges into view, stumbling from a ragged tear, the black fog clinging to her body.
Lennil has entered the area.

Lennil tells you, "Thank you."

Daiua Greenthorn says, "Ah can't make 'eads o' tails o' wha' th'rabid uns're sayin'."

A ragged tear in the aether collapses upon itself, the black fog left behind dissipating on the air.

Waving her hands about wildly, Daiua Greenthorn says, "Blue blue blue, lotsa blue thoughts. Stuff lahk tha'."

In an aside, Daiua Greenthorn says to you, "Ah kinda... lingered a bi' after Ah di' th'DIING."

You tell Drone Lennil, One of Many, "Be aware that Lady Maylea is a Divine of Serenwilde, who consider themselves opposed to the Glomdoring's very existence. She Herself has not acted much against our Forest as a whole, though Her history with Lord Nocht is much more complicated and poisonous. Even so, we of the Glomdoring are instructed by Lady Viravain to show respect to all the Divine, even those who are opposed to us."

Tridemon ponders the situation.

You purse your lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as you carefully gather your thoughts.

You say, "I can try again."

As you turn a modified gnomish gearbox's handle, the crystal orb embedded in it fills with churning smoke, small crackles of light flashing within. For a brief moment, the smoke is hidden by a vision of sentinels of stone standing in eternal vigil before their charge, who radiates with divine beauty before the orb becomes clear once again.

* Run to the clue-place again.

A modified gnomish gearbox makes a loud DING noise, indicating that this is the spot it was looking for!
[HINT]: You can SHAKE 243771 to change the room it is looking for.

* Waiting...
You look about yourself, rubbing your chin thoughtfully.

* Waiting...
You tilt your head and listen intently to a modified gnomish gearbox.

* Waiting...

* Get bored of waiting.
You trace the image of the Fulcrux of Maylea upon the page of a blood-inscribed booklet of shadows with your fingertips, the words of invocation spilling from your lips. The image forms in the back of your mind and pulls upon you urgently.
15525h, 12762m, 11630e, 10p Blrxdb- /00:29:36.717/
Your arcane booklet flashes with multicoloured light and draws you through the aether.
The Fulcrux of Maylea.
Branches twine overhead, the ambient light filtering through the thick, vibrant green canopy to dapple this copse of young beeches in flecks of brilliant gold. In the shade cast by the leaves, bluebells have grown across the ground so thickly that the sky might be dwelling underneath the trees. Each delicate blossom shimmers faintly with a hidden power, beautiful and ethereal in nature. Where the beeches stand aside to form a grove of vibrant blue, the flowers soften each footstep to a whisper of sound, and even the trees seem to bow quietly towards the shrine placed at its centre, which is adorned by a single, golden peach. Outside of the grove, the bluebells fall away gracefully from a colourful path of vibrant, low-lying wildflowers that passes seamlessly into the aether. Sprays of chervil cover the forest floor. Lovely coltsfoot carpets the forest floor. A sedge of galingale is firmly planted in the forest floor. Light arcs across the surface of a standing stone at the centre of the grove, bending in shifting patterns of colour. Daiua Greenthorn stands here, her midnight-hued eyes darting about in constant examination. A water elemental churns here, crystal blue waters enveloped in a gentle mist. Maylea, Bloom of Serenity stands here, prismatic light swirling around Her. Lurching unsteadily, a pustule-covered simulacrum shambles about, rancid ichor leaking from open sores. Drone Lennil, One of Many is here.

Lisuarte ponders a modified gnomish gearbox thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

You shake your head.

Tridemon, Lennil, Lisuarte, Maylea, Xenthos.

Maylea briefly acknowledges the presence of Lisuarte and Lennil with a glance of Her good eye, before turning to Tridemon. "Do you really think a small gadget such as that could cross the worlds?"

You say to Daiua Greenthorn, "I still hear nothing."

Comprehension flashes across Lisuarte's face.

Daiua Greenthorn shuffles her feet uneasily.

Daiua Greenthorn says, "Mebbe Ah AM crazy."

You say, "Or perhaps only certain individuals can hear it."

Lennil nods her head at you, showing her acceptance.

Leaning forward carefully, Maylea murmurs to Daiua Greenthorn. "You said blue? You saw blue in their minds?" The colours around the Goddess roil and shimmer with agitation.

Daiua Greenthorn says, "Er... well mosta 'em're blue en't they? Bu'Ah also saw blue, big tall blue everrawhere. Affection? Fear? Ah dunno, can't make 'eads er tails."

Daiua Greenthorn slumps down dejectedly.

Lennil tells you, "What is special about her that she hears things others don't?"

Daiua Greenthorn says, "Ah dun really 'ave all tha' more stuff."

You tell Drone Lennil, One of Many, "In the past, she was afflicted with something that tore away much of her aura, and her essence was bleeding away. This seems to have been rectified, but it is possible that it has left scars of some kind. Or perhaps she has an affinity for psionics, as many monks and mages do-- but something which I do not."

Maylea turns around, casting Her eyes upon the ground. Her ordinarily gentle visage is troubled, jaw clenched. She wraps Her scarred arms around Herself, sari swaying with the sudden motion.

Softly, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "No, Daiua. You did well."

Lisuarte flashes Daiua Greenthorn a joyous smile.

Lennil tells you, "Are permanent injuries common?"

Daiua Greenthorn looks dubiously relieved. She clasps her hands together, and they spark with violet arcs.

You tell Drone Lennil, One of Many, "Not common-- most things can be healed with proper application of potions or herbs. But we are all part of the Tapestry, and it is not unheard of for things to... I suppose 'fray' a bit. Injuries that persist."

Maylea lifts a hand, calling up a stream of blossoms from nothingness to swirl around Her palm. The blossoms dance in many colours, but most float away upon a fragrant breeze. Only the bluebells remain to land upon Her fingers.

Utterly entranced, Lisuarte emits a long "Ooooh."

Lennil's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Turning once more, Maylea leans in towards Daiua Greenthorn, handing her the bluebells. With a gentle touch to the elfen's cheek, She says, "Thank you, truly. But now I must go."

You crease your brow in a frown.

Clutching the bluebells, Daiua Greenthorn exclaims, "Go?!! Lady, where're ye goin'?!!!"

Lisuarte blinks.

(Glomdoring): You say, "Little more information has been gained-- a sensation of "Blue." Though this seems to have disturbed Lady Maylea greatly. I imagine that She has a guess as to what is transpiring."

Frowning, Maylea murmurs, "I have to find out about this blue. These voices." She clutches at Her sari, knuckles white. "Mortals can hardly pierce the worlds. But I can."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says to Daiua Greenthorn, "I won't be long, My dear. Tell Kavindra and My Mayflowers. This has gone on too long without--."

Frowning, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I must know."

Swirls of bluebells rise from the ground beneath your feet, flying to dance in wild patterns about the Lady Maylea, whose form glows bright with power.

Lisuarte's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Lennil's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Daiua Greenthorn slowly nods, gazing at Maylea, an unsure expression upon her face.

Leaves unfurl as new bluebells slowly open to drink in the magic of this place.

Gradually, the blossoms grow in number until they resemble a great storm. They obscure the form of Lady Maylea, bearing Her upwards and out from the Transcendental Fulcrux.

Lisuarte says to Daiua Greenthorn, "You need not to worry, Lady Maylea will come back as soon as possible, and above all, safe."

With a flourish of her arm, Lennil bows deeply.

Lennil disappears in a flash of light, teleporting by the power of the Gods.
Lennil has left the area.

The bright form of Maylea, Bloom of Serenity rises above Avechna's Peak, surrounded by bluebell blossoms. She slashes a great gap in the fabric of the world, then She steps through, disappearing from view.

Lisuarte shivers violently.

You look skeptical and say, "This could turn out quite terribly."

Lisuarte puts his hands on his hips and goes "Hmmm!"

Lisuarte says, "Hopefully not... hopefully not."

Daiua Greenthorn rubs her arms, sparks flying from her fingers. "Ah dunno... Ah 'ope... Ah'ope... She'll be back soon."

Daiua Greenthorn tucks the sprig of bluebell behind her ear, looking very much like a blue-and-violet blossom herself.

Lisuarte beams broadly.

Lisuarte says, "Lovely!"

You say, "There is likely little further that we can do except wait."

Tridemon Regalis, Keeper of Pure Waters says, "Not too soon, I don't think. I get the distinct impression that this is another one of those things that's going to erupt in another decade."

Daiua Greenthorn says, "Mebbe Ah shouldn'a said enythin'."

You say to Daiua Greenthorn, "If you hadn't, things would have just kept escalating."

Tridemon Regalis, Keeper of Pure Waters says, "And then She'd still be here, and blindsided by whatever's going on when it goes on, and then you'd blame yourself for NOT telling Her."

Daiua Greenthorn creases her brow in a frown.

Tridemon Regalis, Keeper of Pure Waters says, "And She might even be a bit irritated at you for not telling Her the whole truth at that point."

Daiua Greenthorn says, "Ah be'er go tell Kavindra n'th'others then."

Daiua Greenthorn wrings her hands.

You nod your head at Daiua Greenthorn.

Daiua Greenthorn says, "Ah still dunno wha' all th'voices're 'bout, or blue."

Lisuarte says to Daiua Greenthorn, "Knowledge is better that ignorance, it motivates actions when actions must be taken."

Lisuarte beams broadly at Daiua Greenthorn.

You say, "'Blue' definitely caught Her attention, though."

Daiua Greenthorn looks down, her feet entirely covered by the wildflowers in the Fulcrux.

Tridemon Regalis, Keeper of Pure Waters says, "I think there's a meaning to blue that's explained in Lowmagic, but I doubt that's relevant..."

Tridemon ponders the situation.

Daiua Greenthorn says, "Ah reckon Ah'll kep lookin' 'round. Mebbe we can 'elp 'er if'n She needs, if'n She comes back."