Wondercrystals... FOR EVERYONE!

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2877
Date: 12/14/2018 at 15:23
To  : Everyone
Subj: Wondercrystals and you!

Greetings,

After some feedback from players, we have decided to make it easier to gain wondercrystals. From
this point forward, for every 10 levels, you'll gain 1 wondercrystal. If you are already have the 
levels, you can use WONDER<item of choice> CLAIM to gain your wondercrystals. It doesn't matter 
which item you choose, you'll be able to use the crystals for whatever purpose you deem fit.

Additionally, Demigods will be able to purchase up to 10 wondercrystals with essence. The essence
cost will increase as you purchase them, but you can see the costs by using POWERS INFO 
STICKYWONDERCRYSTALS. POWER SELECT STICKYWONDERCRYSTALS will purchase them as well.

I hope you enjoy!

Orael

Penned by My hand on the 18th of Urlachmar, in the year 519 CE.

Comments

• Dear Orael and Estarra,

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I am more excited by this than I can tell you, and it's a fantastic and ballsy response to something that players have been bellyaching about for a long time. Thanks for such fantastic generosity :)

Of course, I have constructive comments to add. First, a lot of people who have been hoarding crystals as collateral are going to be royally pissed about this, but given the distribution of resources in Lusty, I have few tears to spare for such players. Second, this is part of a more general trend in Lusty which is to charge out the ass for something today and then give it away for free tomorrow. When I joined Lusty, somebody told me that it was the Zimbabwe of IRE's (p sure they were talking about economically rather than socially), and few things I've ever been told were more true.

I reiterate that I'm thrilled with this change. You folks rock :)

Much Love
    E> Versa <3
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited December 2018
    I hadn't expected such a boon. Thank you, Estarra and Orael!

The purchasing wondercrystals with essence is also pretty amazing. I'm glad there's a cap, but this is really handy!

Edit: Please, make these sticky in some way.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

Edit: Please, make these sticky in some way.
    They are sticky.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Even the ones we get from levels?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited December 2018
    Shaddus said:
    You don't get crystals from levels. you make a wonderitem level directly.
    Or maybe I just can't read/understand new posts and it makes crystals.
  • Shaddus said:
    Yes.
  • I love the essence thing and I'm not even a demi.
  • Astral's about to get a whole lot more crowded.
  • edited December 2018
    I was very disappointed to not see an Oprah meme when I opened this thread.

Used the command, got my crystals, finished my 'corn, reached inside and got.... another wondercrystal! Not too shabby.
  • I am so happy to see this response, and was not expecting such generosity and swiftness. I am looking forward to seeing what else our feedback will do to help you guys! Thank you so much.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • edited December 2018
    @Orael

First to all the staff, thank you. This move does even the playing field considerably (in the same way that batons as an artifact are more egalitarian).

Secondly, where's my wonderblanket?

Thirdly, the syntax is a bit cumbersome when it comes to crystal management. I don't see how to tell if a crystal is bound or not.

Perhaps would just be smoother to have a WONDERITEM syntax with a WONDERITEM TRADE/GEMS/ITEMS?

WONDERITEMS GEMS

============WONDERITEMS GEMS===========
    123   Wondergem    bound
    127   Wondergem    unbound
    132   Wondergem    bound
    150   Wondergem    unbound

Even if the code searches though for unbound ones it would be helpful for us to know how many bound/unbound we have.

==========WONDERITEMS ITEMS==========
     ID         GEMS/ABILITY                       NAME
    =================================

52258    20 Gems/Skull                       a Glowering Mask of the Infamous City
    63661    20 Gems/Skydive                   Leather Wings of the Beloved Wakabi
    232188  20 Gems/Deflection Bubble    a Paper Belt of Usefulness

alternative syntax?
    ==========WONDERITEMS ITEMS==========
     ID         GEMS    NAME
    =================================
    26180   20/20   the Illustrious Boots of Airy Delights

Fifthly, can you assign the bound crystal look to bound crystals (if you remember the quest/free crystals showed they were bound in the past).

Sixthly, does wonder<thingy> form use bound crystals before others, the first in inventory, or how does that work?
  • Yeah, I agree that things are not easy to organize, but it would be pretty significant effort to refactor things. Even just to combine it all under one WONDERITEM syntax would be significant. 

I'll try to make it so you can at least tell the difference between sticky and free crystals at the very least for now.

• Orael said:
    Yeah, I agree that things are not easy to organize, but it would be pretty significant effort to refactor things. Even just to combine it all under one WONDERITEM syntax would be significant. 

I'll try to make it so you can at least tell the difference between sticky and free crystals at the very least for now.

Maybe not much easier, but maybe the name could be different when they're bound?

an etched crystal of wonder (or somesuch)
      instead of
    a crystal of wonder?
  • check the latest changelog!