Year End & Holiday Events Schedule

Greetings, wonderful players.

The masters behind all things cataclysmic and holiday themed have asked Us to relay to you the following schedule for the week of events ahead. Should there be any delay to anything, We will notify you via this thread as well as on Our Twitter.

Events will occur somewhere in the vicinity of the weave (midnight GMT) unless otherwise specified. This may be a couple of hours either side of this time. Keep your eyes on Twitter for clearer updates closer to the events.

Monday, December 17th - Events surrounding the invading biome of Lyraa Ey Rielys will begin to come to a cataclysmic head on this day.

Tuesday, December 18th-Thursday, December 20th - Further events in the Basin's response to the catastrophic happenings will occur through these days.

Friday, December 21st - The first major culmination in the cataclysmic events!

Saturday, December 22nd - The second and final major culmination in the cataclysmic events! This will begin at approximately 6pm GMT (10am PST).

Sunday, December 23rd and Monday, December 24th - Watch out over these two days for the long-awaited return of our commune and city-based Solstice events, as well as the chance to enjoy the delights of the Solstice Court! These events will occur at various times throughout the day.

Our Solstice events will remain open into the New Year, so don't fret if you miss their release. And, of course, keep an eye out for those wonderful gnomes!

The Oneiroi

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Bleh, I am rostered on morning shifts for the next 2 weeks, so I will miss pretty much all of the end of the event plus the solstice ball. Oh well.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited December 2018
    Thank you so much for posting event times. Advance notice for the events I will be able to make is much, much appreciated! (Also sounds very exciting!)

(Crossing fingers for more Dark Spirits lore this year during the Glom Solstice event :) )

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Very interesting cosmology where solstice only happens once every 30 years or so... Did I do the math right on that?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Day length does not vary in Lusternia, so perhaps a Lusternian solstice has different meaning.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Xenthos said:
    Day length does not vary in Lusternia, so perhaps a Lusternian solstice has different meaning.
    Though we do have the Solstices and Equinoxes of Night that indeed refer to the seasons, so... that is a thing. We also roleplay that Night does have a longer reign in the winter even though it's not mechanically so.

I've always understood the Solstice celebrations around RL winter holidays to be a separate thing entirely.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Our Solstice quests and the Solstice Court will be open until the New Year - so make sure you've been to get your snowglobes and had fun skating around the Court before then!

The following denizens give out the quests in each organisation:

Beloch Baruwski of Gaudiguch seeks goons with spittoons.
    Brultk Thornblood of Glomdoring seeks redcaps in traps.
    Alandu Windwhisper of Hallifax seeks venerators of the generators.
    Jinlu Ilithyia of Magnagora seeks rats in hats.
    Helstren, the Harbourmaster of New Celest seeks fishes in dishes.
    Caedir Aormeah of Serenwilde seeks thistles from the mistles.
  • So, uh... how do you actually get INTO the Solstice Court? I wasn't paying much attention last year.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    1) Go to highways.
    2) Find a snowflake.
    3) CATCH SNOWFLAKE.

Pretty easy!