Getting started with Ikon Battles

Starting this because another player expressed interest but didn't know where to start. I am not (really, really not) an expert. I'm new to it myself. So thought I'd share some of the things that I noticed as a newbie. If you want actual knowledge talk to @Kistan , Isabeau or Dyson, they're always in the competition. And I believe Xenthos knows quite a bit as well (what doesn't he?), though he doesn't play much these days. 

1. Read all the help text around your skills and Ikons. They really explain how to get set up, though not really how to play. That is best learned by playing.

2. You are going to lose, a LOT, but that's no big deal. Unless you're playing another newbie that only has 1 or 2 ikons in their gestalt, you're just going to lose. There's no way around it. But nothing is really lost, and, if you're lucky and only a couple people play that month (pretty common) you could get a reward anyway!

3. Play a lot and make changes to your gestalt a lot. Reading the Ikons descriptions is one thing, but you don't really get them until you play them. Sure, it's a 3 wait on that one, but is that a lot, or a little? How does it balance out with the rest of the Gestalt? Does that mean all your Ikons will be down at the same time? Just play, you'll figure it out.

4. Check back often. You get Ikons for just about everything in this game. You'll have new ones you didn't even know you had. Check them out, use the detailed listings to see their full stats. Plug one in and play if it looks interesting.

5. Have fun. I've only played with @Kistan but they're never rude or mean or a bad winner. I hope I'll be the same someday when I finally win. But the game is a lot of fun so just go play and enjoy yourself.

Comments

• See, I am a positiver role model!

I am happy to take anyone through their first couple of games if I am about!