When was curio trading changed?

I'm assuming it was sometime in the year I was gone, but when was curio trading changed so you must trade for another curio? And does anyone know what the reasoning behind this was? I'm asking because sometimes one curio may be considered worth more than another - so what if one person wants to trade two curios?

Just curious. Looked through changelogs and couldn't find it.

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    People were abusing alts to shuffle around curio pieces and profit off the wheel.
  • Someone went and abused the system, hence the change.
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • Ahhhh, alright. So because someone is a jerk and did that, everyone gets to pay?

Fair enough. :| But thanks.
  • Someone went and abused the system, hence the change.
    It was actually lots of 'someone's. Well, 'lots' being relative, but it was pretty wide-spread.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    But in one case someone had a lot of someones to do it with.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Lots of alts and friends enabling it is lots of someones I suppose?

• edited February 2013
    Morkarion said:
    But in one case someone had a lot of someones to do it with.
    That you know of. I can think of three or four people who actually had a lot of someones to do with it. Indeed, the person people most readily blamed is, in fact, not the person that was doing it and caused it to be brought to our attention.