A Cult of Mafia [Town Wins!]

Comments

• We have limited time, so I doubt we're going to come to a majority agreement for this day. Shall we just let it tick over into the Night and make our final post here reflect a FoS (Finger of Suspicion). Doesn't matter why you pick the person, just make it known why you do. This will help us if someone actually -does- die and can become a conversation point in the next day.

Vote No Lynch
    FoS - Coraline. Kind of follows whoever is calling a target and going with it than giving their own thoughts. Just my perception. tl;dr sheep.
  • Lycidas said:
    We have limited time, so I doubt we're going to come to a majority agreement for this day. Shall we just let it tick over into the Night and make our final post here reflect a FoS (Finger of Suspicion). Doesn't matter why you pick the person, just make it known why you do. This will help us if someone actually -does- die and can become a conversation point in the next day.

Vote No Lynch
    FoS - Coraline. Kind of follows whoever is calling a target and going with it than giving their own thoughts. Just my perception. tl;dr sheep.
    I'm so glad I re-read that and clarified that FoS is Finger of Suspicion and not Full of Sh*t 😂

But yeah I have nothing to go off of cause I'm claiming villager and I have no power (can't visit, guard etc.) except voting. Probably being a stereotypical "sheep" townie lol
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Guys! No lynch is a terrible idea!!

Listen - if we keep the same people around we aren’t solving anything. Removing people 1) forces people to vote and take action, letting us analyze their motives, 2) gives us concrete solid information!

We aren’t actually talking 1/8 random odds here.

Think of it this way. You know your own alignment. Therefore if you’re a townie, you have a 1/7 shot of removing the cult leader. But assuming someone was recruited last night then you have a 2/7 chance of getting a cultist!

If we say that @Kistan was successfully protected from being recruited that number jumps to 2/6 chance of success because we remove him from the pool of candidates.

I think @Devora is telling the truth about being town. So to me the odds of success jump to 2/5. Not bad!

If you took any action last night you have other information that can inform your vote and make those odds even better.

But I can see you guys will need more information so I’m coming clean:

@Lavinya isn’t a cultist. I know this because I investigated her last night.

I would only share this information with you if I was town.

So the cultists are most likely from this group: @Coraline @Lycidas
    @Nylili @Arix

Meaning if there are two cultists in play, we have 50/50 odds on removing a cultist if we vote one of those people, assuming all information we have received is true.

(Math isn’t my strong suit so correct me if any of the above is wrong guys!$

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Granted @Kistan could also have been a cultist from the jump even if he was protected but we need to narrow suspects somehow, haha.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Nylili Please chip in. I would hate for a townie to get capped just because they didn't get a chance to defend themselves.

@Arix and @Kistan, where do you stand now?

Sylandra makes a persuasive argument, but I also think Lycidas has good cause to be wary since we don't have a lot of information right now.
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
    If we don’t lynch anyone today we are giving the cult a free pass to pick and choose from the people who have claimed today - without giving them the opportunity to reveal themselves on a lynch train, or to try and prevent their team mates from being axed.

I said this already, but this is a race against the clock! And we have seven hours before we lose our best shot of catching the cult.
    Daraius said:
  • Votes:
    @Nylili (2): Sylandra, Lavinya
    No Lynch (1): Lycidas

With 8 remaining, it's 5 votes for the majority.

Day 2 ends at 7pm Eastern Time on Wednesday the 13th!

You have 7 hours left.
  • Fine, since we're coming out about things, I'm the one that visited Kistan. Though it definitely isn't about protecting people.

Using the logic we have
    1) Sylandra is town by claim
    2) Lavinya is town by Sylandra claim
    3) I am town because of my claim
    4) Devora is town because of their claim

That leaves: Arix, Coraline, Nylili, and Kistan assuming all claims are uncontested. Arix has been in a lurk mode since the beginning of the day as well. Let's just hope we're not wrong.

Vote Nylili
  • To clarify, I am the town guard that visited, and no it wasn't to protect Kistan.
  • I am going to mull over on the way home
  • I know there's nothing I can show to prove this, but I'm also claiming town, and if all the other claims are true, then that leaves @Nylili and @Arix.

My suspicion is on Arix since I know he's been lurking but didn't say anything, but since I also think we need a lynch today, I'm being a sheep townie and going with the majority so far, vote Nylili

(I also don't completely trust Sylandra's claim, she says she can confirm Lavinya is a townie but they're both voting together. Of course this isn't 100% proof of both being cultists, but something to think about. But for now I'm going to take a leap of faith and assume they're both telling the truth.)
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Agreed, I had the same thought about Sylandra's claim, its why I made it in my list. But from your POV, it is either Nylili, Kistan, or Arix.
  • We should give @Nylili a chance to defend herself before we finalize the fifth vote. Why would a mafia be lurking? They'd be here in the comments with us, jumping at the chance to kill a known townie.
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • I'm not lurking. Nothing happened to me last night and I don't really have enough info for a vote
  • I have been checking up regularly, there was not much being said by most of you until this sudden burst of activity
  • Also I am a no power villager
    Devora said:
    We should give @Nylili a chance to defend herself before we finalize the fifth vote. Why would a mafia be lurking? They'd be here in the comments with us, jumping at the chance to kill a known townie.
    Town relies on information to win.

Cults start out the game as an informed majority.

Not talking during the day phase limits the information townies receive.

Not pushing people to speak results in inconclusive dayphases and no lynches, letting the cult get bigger. 

Cult continues to be more informed than town because they don’t need day phase conversations to make informed decisions to protect their group.

Less overall posts = less content to scrutinize before endgame, making it harder to know whose allegiances have shifted and who is playing differently on day 3 than on day 1.

It is my observation that if you aren’t helping town solve who is a cultist, you’re passively helping the cult. Also townies bickering helps the cult more than drawing fire as the center of attention - they don’t really need to make anyone do anything! They can just wait out a victory!
    Daraius said:
    *informed minority, darn you autocorrect 
    Daraius said:
  • a few things:
    1) You people that are going 'well THIS group must be the mafia because clearly it isn't me' know that doesn't actually clear you, right?
    2)As far as I am concerned the only person I feel is confirmed town is Lycidas, who has stated that his guard role on Kistan was NOT protective, which brings me to
    3) Nobody died last night (granted this might not be a killer mafia) and and vote for a lurker is good but we seem to be holding off on going full lynch, and so I will VOTE KISTAN
  • I nknow nothing more about @Nylili than when we started so on that basis i concur with @Sylandra

Vote: Nylili
  • and Kistan hammering in the ninja lynch. That's fie @Lehki
  • Votes:
    @Nylili (5): Sylandra, Lavinya, Lycidas, Coraline, Kistan

And that is a lynch~

Nylili was "A Villager"

You're just one of the regular village folk trying to live your life in peace, and the only tools you have are your wits and your vote.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

It is now Night 2!

Because of the holiday tomorrow, I'm going to extend the night phase an extra day so we start Day 3 fresh after Valentines is over.

Therefore Night 2 will end at 2PM on Friday the 15th!
  • Actually got all night actions in already so might just do this right now.
  • edited February 2019
    It is now Day 3! 
    With 7 alive it's 4 votes to reach majority.
    Day 3 ends at 2 pm Eastern Time on Saturday the 16th
  • Problem captain, unless Nylili revived from the doomed, there's only 7 and needing 4.
  • well that was fast. I'm going to open this up with my previous call, VOTE KISTAN
  • VOTE KISTAN
  • I decided Kistan's house was comfy, so I visited him again. Let's hear from Sylandra, it should be really interesting, considering she IS PRIME conversion material with yesterday's claim.
    @Kistan is a cultist fam. vote Kistan 
    Daraius said: