Would a game be considered an artisnal or bardic, if you did one?

Figured I ask this.

Would the creation of a game, interactive novel, or similar work based on Lusternia and submitted count as an artisnal or bardic count?

I'm asking because I am trying to learn new programming languages but I'm getting a little lack of inspiration, so I am pondering something like this to help me learn new things.  (And this is just a general idea--I can't guarantee following through).  

I was thinking of doing Tully's origin story, for instance, as an Interactive Fiction work using Inform 7, or something more simpler 

Or I was thinking of some kind of chess or game based on a Lusternia game or concept as a web game or something like that, even if it's something simple like Godak for the web.

This would be some kind of long term thing if I did it, I just wondering what people would think of it.

[BANNERCODE]

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Interactive fiction would probably be bardic. 

Godak is a derivative of go, of course!
  • edited February 2013
    True.  I guess what I would do would depend on how well I could transfer it to work elsewhere.

I'd love to do the Origin Story, but I'm not sure how using Inform 7 would help my business career.  

Wonder if you could do a risk style game in Node.js that was multiplayer...a Lusternian war game or something...
    [BANNERCODE]
  • I did a crossword puzzle and a word puzzle collection and both got submitted to bardics, but they did not do well.  (The crossword puzzle in particular took five times as long to create as a typical bardic, too.)
  • The board game sounds really interesting, though my mind is going along the route of conquest style play and a variety of decks, like... you're trying to achieve the end goals of your org and you have a deck of cards at your disposal unique to that org. 

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited February 2013
    We started a project a while back to create a Lusternian Card Game along those lines, though it fizzled because of RL stuff. I can probably dig it back up! 

The idea was indeed that you had various cards unique to your org, and each org had a winning condition and a style of play (in addition to a few standard win conditions). You could also force a 'field change' to a particular plane of Lusternia, which would have a slightly different field effect. It was a cool idea, but it just needed a lot of work to make it balanced/playable.

It was kind of MtG-esque, with a few other big themes from similar games.