Return Questions

Played for many years a while back, stopped playing about 5 or 6 years ago. A lot of changes since then obviously. So i have some questions to help me get back on my feet if someone wouldnt mind answering. Apologies if these are already answered somewhere. (Also sorry if my name shows up weird, wouldnt let me sign in as Barendur for some reason...)

1. Biggest question is the new SSC. It sounds awesome and Nexus is super nice now. I know Vadi and others have put a lot of work into Mudlet and i used to use m&m back in the day. So the question is can i use Nexus for all my curing? As in i plan on PVPing at some point so would go to mudlet if its a necessity to be decent, but if its just used for tracking defenses and things im not too worried about that. Having the map/wound/aff/communication plugins built into nexus is a fair trade for tracking defenses to me. Sure its possible to build auto-harvester/influencer in Nexus too. Other downsides might not be thinking of? Used to Nexus would randomly forget your triggers and such...

2. Noticed my morningstars didnt have stats anymore (believe i remembered how to look, weaponprobe), so does that mean morningstar is the same as hammer now? As far as speed/wounding/damage all weapons are on same page? If so thats nice, always hated having to have separate sets. If thats the case, seems like bashing would be slower now, without speed hammers. Whips the go to now? Are they worth it at all?

3. Biggest positive ive noticed so far is lesson reduction, came back to 7k lessons and maxed out all my skills. Im a herbalist now and plan on staying that way, if i skillflex to forger and get masterarmour, is there a reason to keep forging combat-wise? Used to be forging runes helped by adding some stats, but those are gone now so guessing getting the armour and switching out is best now? Any other suggestions for this? I like the small combat bonuses some provide but also like the bit of gold you can make when you get burnt out bashing. 

4. Daily credits sound awesome, had a membership back in the day, wouldnt mind putting some money back into the game if i can get back into it enough. How many credits is it possible to get now just by bashing/influencing/adding power? Dont really do much of the rest really...

5. Guilds are gone. This made me sad more than any of the other changes/nerfs/discussions i read. I dont RP that much, and the majority of my RP was tied into being a Paladin, so now im kind of lost on that front. Is there a reason to join a guild other than having another channel to speak on? Not sure which one to join or if i will either way, this was a curious decision that caught me off-guard.

6. Noticed warriors were changed from the ground up. Not going to take everyones word on it that they are in a bad spot right now, still going to stick to bonecrusher as it and the classes before always had their ups and downs and ive always enjoyed (possibly the little RP?) being a bonecrusher. So it seems they work like monks kind of now with modifiers? Any beginner tips on this would help as im kind of completely confused on this change as well.

7. I know im forgetting stuff, thought about all my points at work, and now cant remember half of them. If you think i need to know anything else, please enlighten me. And please dont bring negatives to this, ive read negative comments and after reading through a ton of them still seen through where the devs are really reaching out and going above and beyond in many respects, so hats off to them. Estarra and the team have always done a good job in my opinion, though everything might not work out the way we think they should or want them to i think they have the best interest of the game at heart and will get the right things back on track...

Comments

• Also, is there a reason to have more than one pipe anymore?
  • Steve said:
    Played for many years a while back, stopped playing about 5 or 6 years ago. A lot of changes since then obviously. So i have some questions to help me get back on my feet if someone wouldnt mind answering. Apologies if these are already answered somewhere. (Also sorry if my name shows up weird, wouldnt let me sign in as Barendur for some reason...)

1. Biggest question is the new SSC. It sounds awesome and Nexus is super nice now. I know Vadi and others have put a lot of work into Mudlet and i used to use m&m back in the day. So the question is can i use Nexus for all my curing? As in i plan on PVPing at some point so would go to mudlet if its a necessity to be decent, but if its just used for tracking defenses and things im not too worried about that. Having the map/wound/aff/communication plugins built into nexus is a fair trade for tracking defenses to me. Sure its possible to build auto-harvester/influencer in Nexus too. Other downsides might not be thinking of? Used to Nexus would randomly forget your triggers and such...

2. Noticed my morningstars didnt have stats anymore (believe i remembered how to look, weaponprobe), so does that mean morningstar is the same as hammer now? As far as speed/wounding/damage all weapons are on same page? If so thats nice, always hated having to have separate sets. If thats the case, seems like bashing would be slower now, without speed hammers. Whips the go to now? Are they worth it at all?

3. Biggest positive ive noticed so far is lesson reduction, came back to 7k lessons and maxed out all my skills. Im a herbalist now and plan on staying that way, if i skillflex to forger and get masterarmour, is there a reason to keep forging combat-wise? Used to be forging runes helped by adding some stats, but those are gone now so guessing getting the armour and switching out is best now? Any other suggestions for this? I like the small combat bonuses some provide but also like the bit of gold you can make when you get burnt out bashing. 

4. Daily credits sound awesome, had a membership back in the day, wouldnt mind putting some money back into the game if i can get back into it enough. How many credits is it possible to get now just by bashing/influencing/adding power? Dont really do much of the rest really...

5. Guilds are gone. This made me sad more than any of the other changes/nerfs/discussions i read. I dont RP that much, and the majority of my RP was tied into being a Paladin, so now im kind of lost on that front. Is there a reason to join a guild other than having another channel to speak on? Not sure which one to join or if i will either way, this was a curious decision that caught me off-guard.

6. Noticed warriors were changed from the ground up. Not going to take everyones word on it that they are in a bad spot right now, still going to stick to bonecrusher as it and the classes before always had their ups and downs and ive always enjoyed (possibly the little RP?) being a bonecrusher. So it seems they work like monks kind of now with modifiers? Any beginner tips on this would help as im kind of completely confused on this change as well.

7. I know im forgetting stuff, thought about all my points at work, and now cant remember half of them. If you think i need to know anything else, please enlighten me. And please dont bring negatives to this, ive read negative comments and after reading through a ton of them still seen through where the devs are really reaching out and going above and beyond in many respects, so hats off to them. Estarra and the team have always done a good job in my opinion, though everything might not work out the way we think they should or want them to i think they have the best interest of the game at heart and will get the right things back on track...

8. Is there a reason to have more than one pipe anymore?
    1 SSC is only for curing (and it only cures that is listed on AFFS LIST. There is still a few things like Sap that aren't cured by ssc (there is a druid/mage overhaul is suppose to be the focus after Timequakes, sometime maybe within the next month?). As such, anything outside of curing affs, you will need a system for (be it something you code yourself for Nexus, or using something else like mmf (current m&m)

2 Forged weapons now have enhancement slots that you can do things with (like increase damage, speed, bleeding, etc. HELP ENHANCEMENTS). The top go to right now is probably gnomeweapons if you can afford the high goop cost (baseweapon+9boxes of your desired type), which focuses on splitting your attack based on your number of boxes, each of which has a chance to crit and doing the carry over damage thing monks can do. Whips I guess would the cheaper end of bashing weapons.

3 Right now, if you are not acrobats, the best armor is forged armor as it gives the highest armor rating. Aethersuits (HELP AETHERSUITS), is among the newest artifacts. It will give you the highest armor rating you can get based on your skills. Armor slots are not great enough to really go with something less armor and more slots (greatrobes over forged armor, 2 slots vs 1 slot).  The only enchantments worth while are Quickening, Mass, and Weatherproofing. the resistance and influence (both are 1/6 to a specific type) might be nice for getting that extra influence buffs if you you don't have artifact runes.

4 bashing/influence points gives you a tick every 500points, which is based on the greathunt score (CONSIDER <mob> will tell you the score). You probably won't be getting all 20 credits on just bashing/influencing, but depending how fast you do those things and where you hunt, you probably could get a good portion of your daily 20.

5 Guilds are mostly RP things now and there is nothing really saying you have to join one. Guildmasters still serve on the org councils, so you may wish to join one if you care about any city things that the council votes on as a whole. Other than that, you might be missing on rewards that your org's guilds have setup.

6 Not a warrior, I will leave others to answer this.

7 Not sure what you are missing...

8 There is only one smoke cure right now, but the other old pipes might still have a few edge cases where you might want one (someone more combat inclined should be able to confirm this)
  • Thank you for answers. Went ahead and got started with m&m earlier. Got it setup for the most part. I remember there used to be a command that gave you a list of aliases basically. Like i dont know what to type for it to setup defenses. I know the keepup list, but i dont have some defenses on the keepup that i would like to have on the defup. So i need to know what to type. Is there a link to something or does anyone know a way for me to see a list of basic commands for it?
  • Warriors suck atm, but you can make it work if you keep at it...just be prepared for minutes long combat vs everyone else that can kill you in less than 1. So...