Selling a Chroma Rod

I'm looking to sell a Chroma Rod complete curio. The Chroma Rod is a magic item curio that can be enchanted to 200 charges. Very useful, especially for enchantments you can't walk without. It's also part of the Vernal Set, whose set power gets you to all three off-continent locations. Seeing that it's highly valuable, we're starting bids at 400 dingbats.
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I think you're over-valuing it by a huge degree.

I'm currently pricing a complete Vernal set (all 4 rares, all 36 commons) at around 750 credits.  I feel that's a pretty reasonable price, and about what one might expect to pay for what it does.

Could possibly push it higher, but at that point you're cutting out most buyers anyways.
  • Since I already have a buyer... no, no I'm not.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    That doesn't really mean that you're not overvaluing it; it just means that the other person did, too.  There are always a few people out there who will, that's why auctions do so well. :P

However, I did read this as "curio piece" (because that's what it says).  Is it the rare piece only, or the full Chroma Rod?
  • Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it.

And it's a whole. Editting that to be clearer.
    Kiradawea said:
    Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it.

And it's a whole. Editting that to be clearer.
    Yeah, that's a bit better (given that at 2:1, I'd be pricing the full set at 1500 dingbats).
  • Hah. Yeah, if it was only the rare piece, 400 dingbats would not be something I could ask for. But for a complete magic item curio? I actually find it a bit on the cheap side, since it is harder to quest for a curio rather than buy it, and the complete set bonus for the Vernal Set is awesome.
  • So... I've got a complete Chroma Rod I'm looking to trade as well. Looking for 300 dings or 200 credits. Send messages in game with offers.