Goodbye Myrsky; Hello Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad - Serenwilde Storm Events : Part 3

AniAni Member Posts: 35 Novice
edited June 7 in Event Scrolls
Long story short, we got a new Ephemeral! @Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad! This is a long log (I'm sorry!)

====

The sky splits in an enormous peal of thunder as a bolt of lightning splits the sky, striking the Serenwilde forest with a ground-shaking shudder.
 
A screeching howl of pain fills the air, ringing through the trees and threatening to shatter your eardrums. It continues on for several seonds before fading behind a backdrop of thunder.
 
You have emoted: Ani rubs her ears as the howl fades and thunder rolls over the forest. "So so loud..."
 
(Serenwilde): Maylea says, "I sense a disturbance, Serenwilde. A cry of distress?"
 
(Serenwilde): Feyr says, "Any particular source?"
 
(Serenwilde): You say, "Hello, Lady Maylea. I believe it is Myrsky still playing - the spirit of the storm that's been over the forest the last couple of weaves."
 
(Serenwilde): Maylea says, "That did not sound to Me like the joy of play."
 
As the thunder dies down for a moment, an aching cry of pain can still be heard echoing through the forest in clear distress.
 
(Serenwilde): You say, "Oh, You are definitely right. I can hear it now."
 
With a wistful look on her face, Lilybell touches the Moonhart Mother Tree.
 
Feyr leaves to the north, flanked by two ethereal stags that cry out with a triumphant bellow.
A handsome, light brown stag with a short white tail departs with a stately walk to the north.
 
Pysynne raises an eyebrow questioningly.
 
Pysynne begins to follow you.
 
Kar leaves to the south.
With a harsh cry, a young eagle soars out majestically on air currents to the south.
 
Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart looks unperturbed, staring into the distance. "If someone is hurt, we must find them to offer aid. May I trust you in this task?"
 
(Serenwilde): Maylea says, "Perhaps it's worth it to seek its source? The cry echoes the forest. While the storm spirit is playful, his actions are not without consequence, and I think his lightning just struck one of Mine after all, wouldn't you agree, Pysynne?"
 
You nod your head at Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart.
Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart flashes you a joyous smile.
 
(Serenwilde): You say, "Of course, Lady Maylea. We will search the forest for the source."
 
(Serenwilde): Pysynne says, "Most definately."
 
[Lots of movement spam!]
 
(Serenwilde): Feyr says, "I'll search Northern Serenwilde. Will someone search the southern half?"
 
(Serenwilde): You say, "Already doing so!"
 
(Serenwilde): Feyr says, "Thanks Ani."
 
(Serenwilde): Feyr says, "This lightning tickles."
 
(Serenwilde): Lilybell says, "We should probably check on Poloma and Tokota since they're up on the hill, forget exactly where though."
 
(Serenwilde): Feyr says, "Already did."
 
(Serenwilde): Pysynne says, "To be fair, this spirit is young as spirits go... if it was older it's lightning may not tickle, I mean.. my lightning certainly isn't a tickle."
 
(Serenwilde): Lilybell says, "Wonder if there's anyone anywhere else that's particularly high up with no tree cover."
 
(Serenwilde): Feyr says, "Hmm! Maybe I'll look around the treetops for anyone."
 
(Serenwilde): You say, "Did you find anything yet?"
 
(Serenwilde): Lilybell says, "Trying to remember where White Hart Grove is..anyone check there?"
 
(Serenwilde): Feyr says, "I'll go take a peek."
 
(Serenwilde): You say, "Yes, all is well there."
 
(Serenwilde): Pysynne says, "I just cjecked."
 
(Serenwilde): Pysynne says, "Checked too."
 
(Serenwilde): Feyr says, "There was a weird new cave in the southwest part of the forest. Has anyone investigated that?"
 
(Serenwilde): You say, "Aye, there's no way in to it."
 
(Serenwilde): Pysynne says, "We have not been able to gain entry."
 
(Serenwilde): You say, "It's been there a while now."
 
As the thunder dies down for a moment, an aching cry of pain can still be heard echoing through the forest in clear distress.
 
[lots of more movement]

Comments

  • AniAni Member Posts: 35 Novice
    Dark pinewoods.
    Soothing shades of blue light shimmer through the air, cast from a healing shrine of Maylea nearby. There is no wind to speak of, and all is completely calm. Reaching up as high as the eye can see looms the awesome presence of a living totem. A mature hornbeam tree stands proudly here.
    You see exits leading northeast, southeast, southwest, and northwest.
     
    This room has not been mapped.
    A secluded glade.
    Large, heavy raindrops splash upon the ground. Split almost perfectly down the middle, this ancient tree's scarred branches burn brightly.
    You see a single exit leading southeast.
     
    Blinking slowly, a silver firefly drifts in from the southeast.
     
    (Serenwilde): You say, "I've found a glade."
     
    (Serenwilde): You say, "With a lightning-struck tree."
     
     
    You hear a rustling and turn to see Feyr emerging from the undergrowth.
    A handsome, light brown stag with a short white tail trots in from the ether.
     
    Feyr presses his hand upon the forest floor and sings softly to himself.
    Slowly, an oak sapling pushes upwards out of the soil and sways gently towards the sky.
     
    A low cry of pain can be heard throughout the glade in an eerie, echoing wail.
     
    You reach out and touch an ancient, lightning-struck tree.
     
    Maylea steps quietly into view, the air bending with a swirl of prismatic colours.
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "Old entrance to Serenguard Lodge, interesting."
     
    Maylea steps quietly into view, the air bending with a swirl of prismatic colours.
     
    Swiftly crossing your arms over your chest, you give a quick bow in a tribal gesture of greeting.
     
    A beam of moonlight comes down from the sky and bathes you in light.
     
    Lilybell, riding a great noble eagle with eyes that glow red, like molten lava, dances down a moonbeam and alights gently on the ground.
    With great golden wings, tinged with a hint of silver outspread, a great noble eagle soars in majestically on air currents from the ether.
    A small red fox sneaks in from the ether.
     
    Swiftly crossing his arms over his chest, Pysynne turns toward Maylea, grasping Her forearms in a tribal gesture of greeting.
     
    With a wistful look on Her face, Maylea touches an ancient, lightning-struck tree.
     
    Maylea creases Her brow in a frown.
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says to Maylea, "Does this feel like the source?"
     
    Maylea's eyes sharpen with recognition and her jaw hardens as she leans forward to investigate the tree.
     
    Lilybell looks embarrassed with a half-gulp and shuffle blushing away from Maylea, tilting her head at an ancient, lightning-struck tree silently.
     
    Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I think so."
     
    You have emoted: Ani watches the Lady Maylea curiously, her eyes darting to the tree and back to the Goddess again.
     
    Feyr bestows his communefavour upon you.
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says to you, "Well done."
     
    Spilling ever more of its bounty, the light rain develops into a cascading downpour.
     
    Maylea bends forward and places Her ear against the tree's trunk, listening carefully.
     
    A low cry of pain can be heard throughout the glade in an eerie, echoing wail.
     
    Feyr crosses his arms over his torso, touching the opposite shoulders and bowing his head in reverence to the White Hart for a moment. A soft flowing sound reaches your ears, as you watch a spirit totem shimmer into existence.
     
    With a softness to Her voice, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Oh My poor, sweet dear..."
     
    The healing presence of Feyr's spirit totem washes over you.
     
    You tell Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal, "Thank you, I am slowly learning more of my skills as a hunter."
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "What can we do to help it, Lady Maylea?"
     
    Taking a deep breath, Maylea murmurs, "There is life here, and we must act quickly if we are to save it."
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "What must be done?"
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "I can sacrifice myself to offer it my own life force if that will help."
     
    Feyr flashes Pysynne a joyous smile.
     
    "The tree's been struck badly. Perhaps some silvery essence will shore up his wounds." Maylea tugs at Her sari before smiling at Pysynne, "Perhaps that may help as well, but let's begin with the essence."
     
    [movement for essence!]
     
    (Serenwilde): Pysynne says, "Gathering essence on the Fire Plane."
     
    (Serenwilde): Feyr (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Be careful!"
     
    (Serenwilde): Lilybell says, "On ethereal unless it best not."
     
    (Serenwilde): You say, "Why would it not?"
     
    (Serenwilde): Feyr (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Go ahead Lilybell."
    (Serenwilde): You say, "We need the essence!"
     
    (Serenwilde): Lilybell (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Oh, I always think about how we used to never hunt ethereal creatures."
     
    (Serenwilde): You say, "They drop essence and are returned to nature. As long as you stick to the ethereal stags, opossums and peacocks you'll be fine!"
     
    (Serenwilde): Lilybell (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "True, I found it helpful to think of them as coalesced essence which ever gathers."
     
    (Serenwilde): Feyr (from the Air Elemental Plane) says, "Call out your contributions. 1000 gold per essence will be awarded. I'm proud of all of you for acting so promptly."
     
    (Serenwilde): Pysynne (from the Water Elemental Plane) says, "Checking Water."
     
    (Serenwilde): Feyr (from the Air Elemental Plane) says, "Alright, everyone bring what you've gathered so far and we'll give it a try together. If you need a moment to clean it, that's fine."
     
    (Serenwilde): Pysynne (from the Water Elemental Plane) says, "Still clearing Water."
     
    (Serenwilde): You say, "I'll be there soon, just getting Earth."
     
    (Serenwilde): Feyr (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "We don't want to spend too long over-gathering more than what's needed. I think we may have enough at this point."
    (Serenwilde): You say, "I'm just slow, let me get the last grub!"
  • AniAni Member Posts: 35 Novice
    [movement back to the glade with the tree]
    [much spam of essence being put into the tree]
     
    A piece of silvery essence tumbles into a crack in an ancient, lightning-struck tree's bark, quickly consumed in the fire that rages deep within.
     
    As the last piece of silvery essence is placed into one of the cracks running through the trunk of an ancient, lightning-struck tree, a silvery ichor begins to run through the veins and quench some of the deep flames blazing within.
     
    Maylea nods Her head emphatically.
     
    A ghostly shape rises from the ground, listening to Lilybell's song.
     
    Once a tree of towering height, the dark bark of this tree has been blown away in several spots in a jagged, lightning-patterned scar that nearly stretches from its boughs to its roots. Only the faintest hint of orange light can be seen within the gaping holes throughout its branches, hidden by the dark smoke that lazily rises from within to drift skyward. The greatest extent of damage is where it has been split perfectly down the middle through three quarters of its great height, a silvery ichor aiding its massive trunk in keeping the two halves bound together.
    It weighs about 1000 pounds.
    An ancient, lightning-struck tree is holding:
    Nothing.
    It has the following aliases: tree.
     
    A ghostly shape rises from the ground, listening to Lilybell's song.
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says to Pysynne, "You were cloaked, how many did you add?"
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "No worries, I have more to add though if it is needed still, but I am not certain if it is or not."
     
    Maylea places Her hands upon the tree once more. "The essence appears to have bound the most egregious cracks. But the poor thing is still quite hurt."
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says to Maylea, "Will more essence aide its recovery further?"
     
    Maylea sighs in relief and inspects the tree more carefully, running Her hands carefully over the exposed flesh of the tree and its remaining outer bark. "Oh, you poor thing...what pain..." She frowns and says, "Bring Abeytu, I think... Perhaps the old gardener's perspective would be helpful. Tell him an ancient dryad is in need of his aid."
     
    Across the heavens, the stars and moon challenge night's dark reign, revealing familiar constellations that tell the tales of myth and legend.
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "I called for him."
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "He is quite an adept Sower."
     
    Maylea's mouth turns up as Her face breaks into a smile.
     
    Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I hope so."
     
    You say, "Will he come here, or will I go to him?"
     
    You tilt your head curiously.
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "He needs to be lead here, be right back."
     
    Comprehension flashes across your face.
     
    You nod your head emphatically.
     
    A bright aura of blue light glows forth from the Glinshari Circle, signalling that the Flame of Glinshari continues to shine.
     
    Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens, hurries in from the southeast.
    A handsome, light brown stag with a short white tail trots in from the southeast.
     
    Lilybell lifts her arm in a single, fluid movement, shedding a whirling cascade of cherry blossoms around her form.
     
    A secluded glade.
    Large, heavy raindrops splash upon the ground. A quiet and secluded place, this wide, open-air glade has been thrown into chaos by the unabridged fury of nature. Shattered shards of blackened bark are strewn about the ground, exploded outward from the massive tree that dominates the centre of the clearing. Throughout the room, a pervasive, pained cry can be heard echoing on the air, the sound positively haunting as the smell of burning wood accompanies it. Split almost perfectly down the middle, only faint flickers can be seen within this ancient tree. An oak sapling clings tenaciously to the ground here. Perched nearby, a great noble eagle searches her surroundings with eyes that glow red, like molten lava. A red fox stands here, cautiously listening to the surroundings. Blinking a slow, gentle silver, a firefly rests here momentarily. Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens, leans against his rake here, lost in thought. A handsome, light brown stag with a short white tail wanders about here, his head held regally. The regal form of a Lady of Moonlight stands here, gleaming streamers of white fabric surrounding the graceful figure. Maylea, Bloom of Serenity stands here, prismatic light swirling around Her. Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods stands here in a faint breeze of rustling leaves and birdsong. She wields a rainbow-decorated viola of pale wood in her left hand and a golden whip of the pious in her right. She is surrounded by ten pale ancestral spirits. A fire elemental burns here, riotous red flames twisting in chaotic patterns.
    You see a single exit leading southeast.
     
    Lilybell smiles softly at Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens.
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "This tree was struck by lightning and is hurting. Can you save it?"
     
    Feyr tilts his head and listens intently to Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens.
     
    Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens bows respectfully to Maylea, before rising and rubbing his back tenderly, "An' what am I supposed t'be doin', Lady Maylea?"
     
    Maylea takes Her hands off the tree and leads Abeytu towards the ancient tree. "An ancient dryad dwells with this tree. He has been gravely wounded." Her golden and blue eyes gleam with compassion. "The silvery essence that the other brought have staunched the worst, but he is still in pain. I wonder, gardener, what do you think would bring him back to health again?"
     
    You have emoted: Ani tilts her head from side to side, studying the tree before turning to Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens to listen closely.
     
    Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens's eyes sharpen at Maylea's words and he nods in understanding before looking forward to inspect an ancient, lightning-struck tree carefully. "Aye, I believe I migh' know a thing 'r two that should help out, a special salve." He turns to you and the other members of your commune and says, "Ye'll need t'help out as well, if we're t'save a life. Fetch me five handfuls o' moss and two clumps o' sweetgrass."
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "Where can we find the moss? The sweetgrass will be easy."
     
    You say, "I've seen moss before and I can't for the life of me remember where.."
     
    Rubbing his ailing back tenderly, Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens says, "Ye'll be best served lookin' in meadows 'n valleys. I ain't seen the kind I'll need in the Wilde in some time."
     
    You say, "Oh!"
     
    [bunch of movement trying to find moss - Tolborolla has moss!]
    [moved back to the glade]
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says to you, "It was so fun we had to do it twice."
     
    (Serenwilde): Feyr says, "It's becoming more frequent. That's why Lady Lisaera blessed the forest with additional healing. But we do need to probably nip this sooner rather than later."
     
    You nod your head in agreement.
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "Ziplines best invention ever."
     
    Pysynne presses a small button at the centre of a paradox puzzle pyramid and it begins to whirr and then suddenly flashes a bright light, blinding you for a moment.
     
    You ask Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens, "Do I give you the moss?"
     
    Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens nods his head emphatically.
     
    You give a flourishing tuft of moss to Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens.
     
    Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens says, "This'll do nicely, now we jus' need the sweetgrass 'n we'll be good t'go. Ye've done good."
     
    (Serenwilde): Pysynne says, "Just need th grass."
     
    Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.
     
    (Serenwilde): Lilybell says, "Not finding moss or sweetgrass in the Centaur Hills so far."
     
    You say, "I'd say Feyr is off looking for the sweetgrass?"
     
    "Perhaps we will do more than save him." Maylea smiles gently. She turns Her gaze up at the rainclouds above.
     
    (Serenwilde): Pysynne says, "You can mow it in Hifarae if I remember correctly."
     
    (Serenwilde): You say, "We've the moss already!"
     
    (Serenwilde): Feyr says, "Nice!"
     
    [moving to find sweetgrass, Feyr got it in the end, and moved back to the Glade]
  • AniAni Member Posts: 35 Novice
    Abeytu pulls some skins and a mortar and pestle from his robe, pouring liquids of various colours in and pulling pinches of herbs from the pouches about his sash to sprinkle in as well.
     
    Slowly, Abeytu grinds in the moss and sweetgrass, the liquid within the mortar slowly becoming thicker as he works his craft. He looks down, a small frown on his face before a look of inspiration cross his face.
     
    Respectfully, Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens says, "Lady Maylea, if Ye might be so kind as t'pinch a small bi' o' the liquid essence in the tree for the salve, tha' should do."
     
    Maylea nods Her head at Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens.
     
    Maylea murmurs gently to the ancient tree, "My dear, this won't hurt more than a moment. I hope it will bring you relief." She reaches forward gingerly pinches a small, mercurial droplet of silvery essence from one of the tree's many scars. "It was not the storm's intent to hurt you. But hurt you he did, and the gardener will heal you."
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says to Maylea, "What can we do to further protect the forest, or stifle the danger to it?"
     
    Abeytu furiously continues grinding the essence droplet into the salve, which begins to flicker to life with a gentle glow.
     
    Standing, Abeytu dips his fingers into the mortar and walks as quickly as he can around the base of the tree's trunk, spreading it along its trunk. After he has finished a rotation, the mortar is empty, and he steps back, eyeing the tree cautiously.
     
    Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says to Feyr, "Let us see if the storm is contrite."
     
    Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens says, "It's up t'them now, Lady Maylea. If there's any life t'be had, they'll need t'fight fer it."
     
    Maylea leans foward, gazing at the ailing tree. Her tresses move back and forth in the wind and rain, yet nothing much happens.
     
    Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I wonder..."
     
    You tilt your head curiously at Maylea.
     
    Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says to Pysynne, "Pysynne, Eldin, are you with us?"
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "Yes."
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "I think so."
     
    Finger extended, Pysynne pokes himself.
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "I seem to be!"
     
    Gently, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says to Pysynne, "Perhaps your sacrifice is needed after all. I sense a flutter of life within, but he is not recovering as he should..."
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "Of course!"
     
    Shouting out to the heavens, Feyr releases his lifeforce, allowing the emerald aura of health and well-being to leave him for his allies.
    The last of Feyr's lifeforce seeps from his body as he slips peacefully into death.
    Himself has been slain by Feyr.
     
    The blood of Feyr surges through the Serenwilde Forest, washing you with its healing powers.
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "Or that."
     
    Maylea's eyes sparkle with amusement.
     
    Your eyes widen in disbelief as you softly exclaim, "Whoa."
     
    The faint pulse within the tree speeds up, but still remains dangerously slow.
     
    Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says to Feyr, "Thank you, little one."
     
    Feyr gives a resolute nod.
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "I'll sacrifice myself too..!"
     
    Lilybell positions herself in front of an ancient, lightning-struck tree, prepared to ward off all dangers.
     
    Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "It seems the tree's pulse has quickened. But perhaps the cause of the wound could help its recovery as well. Little ones, what did you say the spirits name was?"
     
    The blood of Feyr surges through the Serenwilde Forest, washing you with its healing powers.
     
    You say, "Myrsky."
     
    Maylea tilts Her head back and looks up at the sky.
     
    Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "It's time he made amends, don't you think?"
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "Certainly."
     
    You nod your head at Maylea, showing your acceptance.
     
    Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says to you, "How did you speak with him last, little one?"
     
    You say to Maylea, "I joined in a circle with Miakoda and Kar and she brought us into a spirit-form."
     
    You say, "Myrsky is the spirit of the storm, you see."
     
    Maylea nods Her head emphatically.
     
    Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Shall we join in a circle then?"
     
    You say, "She called for the blessings of the Great Spirits, I built a campfire and Kar called upon Hart to walk in a ring around us."
     
    Feyr extends his tiny hands outwards to begin the circle.
     
    "Make your fire, and we will try this." Maylea smiles with a glance at all those present. She holds out Her hands to Feyr and to the others.
     
    You take some wood and light it with a soot-blackened tinderbox, causing it to erupt into a soothing fire.
     
    As though emboldened by your efforts, the campfire continues to burn in spite of the constant rain. A gentle warmth flickers out to caress your body as the familiar scent of woodsmoke teases your nose.
     
    You stoke the campfire and add another piece of wood to the flame.
     
    The warmth of the merry campfire drains away your tensions and worries.
     
    Pysynne carefully breaks apart a few large chunks of wood into smaller pieces, neatly piling them into a pyramid on the ground. Chanting reverentially, he lights the tinder with a brazier of wonder and you watch as a ceremonial fire crackles into life.
     
    Pysynne delicately sprinkles some salt around the ceremonial fire, chanting a few choice words under his breath to sanctify the area.
     
    Lilybell takes Feyr's hand looking a bit unsure of her presence shuffling, relaxing at Maylea's smiling glance.
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "Shaman Ceremonial fire."
     
    Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Will there be another who will walk the ring of the Stag?"
     
    Pysynne begins briskly walking in a wide circle, lifting his knees high, creating a path in the shape of a ring. As he trots faster and faster along this ringed path, you see a hazy image of a white stag running next to him.
     
    Feyr begins briskly walking in a wide circle, lifting his knees high, creating a path in the shape of a ring. As he trots faster and faster along this ringed path, you see a hazy image of a white stag running next to him.
     
    In the wake of the ethereal stag's passing, a dark green light seems to emanate from the earth like hundreds of glowing pine needles. A sense of security falls over you, and a small piece of tension lifts from your shoulders.
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "I shall join in the ringwalk, then."
     
    Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Do we have a singer to bring up the ancestors of this land?"
     
    The warmth of the merry campfire drains away your tensions and worries.
     
    Pysynne steps forth and clasps hands with the others.
     
    Feyr flashes Lilybell a joyous smile.
     
    Lilybell smiles softly.
     
    The warmth of the merry campfire drains away your tensions and worries.
     
    You have emoted: Ani takes a step beside Lady Maylea and gently grasps Her hand, linking in with the others of the circle.
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "I'll do my best, Lady Maylea."
     
    With a graceful step back and a sweeping bow, Lilybell plays a complex sequence of notes. Pale images of ancient spirits fill the air briefly, their voices harmonizing with the song.
     
    "Topsy turvy controlled swerving safely erred unnerving weaving prune shear," sings Lilybell, as ancient harmonies rise from a rainbow-decorated viola of pale wood.
     
    As the note reaches its reverberating harmony, you feel a piece of your spirit solidify in this ritualistic space among the ancestors. The note seems to ring beyond its physical limits, echoing in your memory even after it has faded.
     
    The blood of Feyr surges through the Serenwilde Forest, washing you with its healing powers.
     
    A ghostly shape rises from the ground, listening to Lilybell's song.
     
    Maylea extends Her hand towards Pysynne. "Will you seek the storm with Me, Eldin? And all of us, link hands, to find this little spirit, Myrsky."
     
    Pysynne takes Maylea's hand and nods slowly, "Of course."
     
    A ghostly shape rises from the ground, listening to Lilybell's song.
     
    As the shaman links hands with Maylea, a thrum of energy rises up around you. The grass seems to be greener, the air fresher, and the forest alive and waiting to witness the events here.
     
    Her voice pulsing with energy that flows through you, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Moon and Hart, Spirits born under My watch, now watch over these shards as we seek to find the spirit of the storm above."
     
    Shafts of silvery moonlight pierce the cover of the clouds for a moment, wrapping you in a soft embrace as a mighty bellow can be heard from the southern mounds that bolsters your resolve.
     
    Her voice echoing through your senses, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Come down to us and make amends, for your fire has gravely hurt a dryad of My forest. Come, in My name, and the name of all who seek Nature here."
  • AniAni Member Posts: 35 Novice
    A blaze of orange light can be seen among the onyx and charcoal clouds overhead, weaving and bobbing through the dark cover to hover in the northwest of the forest before zipping down to land amid dense pine trees.
     
    A star-shaped form zips down to playfully soar through the air around the Sword of Serenity, its staticky laughter filling your ears for a moment before it seems to recognise a familiar face. "Ah-nee!"
     
    Pysynne glances at you and smirks.
     
    You have emoted: Ani smiles up at the figure, "Hello, Myrsky".
     
    "Far too near draws freehand tracing ancestral lines in circles chasing past," sings Lilybell, while a rainbow-decorated viola of pale wood plays shimmering harmonies.
     
    Myrsky hovers just over the forest floor, looking around at all those gathered. "Myrsky fun play, many fun play!"
     
    Lilybell peers about herself unscrupulously.
     
    "Storm spirit, little one." Maylea casts a hand towards the broken tree before you. "See what your play has wrought?"
     
    A bright-eyed maiden says, "Your passion and joy are comendable, but you must learn to do it with the care and love for those around you."
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "I got struck by lightning too! You should've seen my hairs, before."
     
    Lilybell mumbles incoherently.
     
    The storm spirit turns and tilts its head in curiosity, soaring through the air and circling the ancient tree curiously before returning to Maylea's side, "Myrsky...hurt play? No hurt want..." Its voice is despondent, and the dark clouds overhead flicker and grow more ominous shades of obsidian as its staticky voice fills the air for a few extended moments.
     
    Maylea tilts Her head slightly, as if in recognition.
     
    Continuing the hunt for his dark mate, Father Sun presses forward in his journey, lowering himself in the sky yet still casting even, full light upon the land.
     
    Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Storm spirit, where do you come from? Your energies." She reaches out, fingers outstretched. "You are not of this world."
     
    "No Myrsky home here, Myrsky home...gone..." The storm spirit turns and extends one arm-like digit, a small crackle of electricity surging out to meet with Maylea's hand in a silent moment of thought between them.
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "We don't necessarily want you to leave. Can you just be more careful?"
     
    Maylea nods and looks down, a whirl of fragrant light surrounding Her in sudden surprise.
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "You can atone for your wrongdoings by using your gifts to help the forest."
     
    Birds fill your ears with serenades of happiness and love.
     
    Looking left and right carefully, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "This spirit comes from the land of Lyraa Ey Rielys."
     
    Pysynne raises an eyebrow questioningly.
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "I have not heard of that land."
     
    You say, "Miakoda said last weave that their presence is similar to that of the muku balls and such."
     
    Maylea murmurs to Myrsky, "You are far from home, little one, to have come from the sharding bubble of My sister..."
     
    You say, "They come from Lyraa Ey Rielys, too."
     
    Feyr skims through a scroll on hand.
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "Kaenalye."
     
    The smell of wildflowers wafts past your nose.
     
    You say to Feyr, "Do you remember the Kaelye."
     
    You nod your head emphatically.
     
    Feyr flashes you a joyous smile.
     
    "Myrsky play, and Myrsky sleep." The spirit swirls around Maylea and offers its story, "Then sleep move. Strange feeling open, nowhere is found, then Myrsky wake here, and Myrsky grow, and Myrsky play."
     
    Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I see... Yes, you are full of Time aetheric energy."
     
    Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "No wonder you grew so quickly, so large."
     
    Nodding, Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "That explains it."
     
    Gently and kindly to Myrsky, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "It will be hard to take you home, from here, but you may still do good, little one. Will you grant your energy to the dryad within the tree?"
     
    Much more comfortable around the Bloom of Serenity, Myrsky moves to hover closer to Her, and asks, "Myrsky home go want..." As it listens to Her request, it nods eagerly and flips through the air, "Help! Help! Myrsky play help!"
     
    Maylea reaches forward and grabs Myrsky's form with both hands. She whispers softly, "Say goodbye to your friends, little one." Her eyes are sad, but full of compassion.
     
    The skies above flash with lightning and thunder as Myrsky's staticky laughter fills the glade, "Good-bye, Ah-nee! Good-bye, Mee-uhh-koe-duh!"
     
    The corners of Pysynne's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.
     
    Lilybell smiles softly at Myrsky, waving with a laughing look.
     
    Feyr's eyes fill with proud joy as he declaims, "Feyr well. May the forest be with you."
     
    As the sun passes below the horizon's edge, Mother Night unveils her terrible, shadowy beauty, spreading darkness across the land.
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says to you, "I am saying your name like that forever now."
     
    You say, "Goodbye, Myrsky. It was nice to meet you."
     
    Childishly, you stick your tongue out at Pysynne.
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "Take care Myrsky. It was nice feeling your storm."
     
    The skies above flash with lightning and thunder as Myrsky's staticky laughter fills the glade for a final time, "Was fun play! Bye bye, Ser-wild!"
     
    Maylea rises slightly into the air, a swirl of flower petals whirling fragrantly about Her. She cradles the storm spirit in Her arms like a small child, hovering to near the top of the splintered tree. With a forceful push that radiates a bright emerald glow, She infuses Myrsky into the form of the tree, causing the entire plant to shine with the light of a thousand stars. "Be well, little one, grant life! You have done well!"
     
    The gentle radiance throughout an ancient, lightning-struck tree grows in intensity until it is nearly blinding before its begins to shrink in size, warbling and shifting until it moves forward.
     
    Slowly, the light fades and four hooved feet step forth, carrying a figure with a stag body and a scorched, barked torso who gingerly trots towards the Bloom of Serenity.
     
    Lilybell smiles softly.
     
    Maylea rises slightly into the air, a swirl of flower petals whirling fragrantly about Her. She cradles the storm spirit in Her arms like a small child, hovering to near the top of the splintered tree. With a forceful push that radiates a bright emerald glow, She infuses Myrsky into the form of the tree, causing the entire plant to shine with the light of a thousand stars. "Be well, little one, grant life! You have done well!"
     
    The gentle radiance throughout an ancient, lightning-struck tree grows in intensity until it is nearly blinding before its begins to shrink in size, warbling and shifting until it moves forward.
     
    Slowly, the light fades and four hooved feet step forth, carrying a figure with a stag body and a scorched, barked torso who gingerly trots towards the Bloom of Serenity.
     
    The wind whistles eerily through the trees.
     
    Across the heavens, the stars and moon challenge night's dark reign, revealing familiar constellations that tell the tales of myth and legend.
     
    Maylea's mouth turns up as Her face breaks into a smile.
     
    Maylea reaches forward to take Ydryin's hand. "Are you feeling better, My dear?"
     
    A bright aura of blue light glows forth from the Glinshari Circle, signalling that the Flame of Glinshari continues to shine.
     
    A shimmering curtain of multi-coloured light surrounds you for an instant as your wounds are healed by divine intervention.
     
    Ydryin's single good eye locks with Maylea, and he tilts his head to the side carefully before looking down at Her hand. "I do, but...what happened? I remember so little, but...I felt pain."
     
    Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says to Ydryin, "A storm of Nature hurt you, and he gave his life to heal you."
     
    You have emoted: Ani's mouth drops open wide as Myrsky is infused into the tree and a figure emerges soon after. She continues to stare at Ydryin in open-mouthed wonder as he speaks with the Lady Maylea.
     
    The pouring rainclouds above you turn a deep grey, and the droplets grow larger and fall more forcefully.
     
    The chirping of crickets surrounds you in a medley of night-time music.
     
    Looking the hamadryad up and down, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says to Ydryin, "What is your name, dear?"
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "Not going to lie, I kind of wanted to imprint him... best Shaman storm ever."
     
    Pysynne shifts his eyes suspiciously from side to side.
  • AniAni Member Posts: 35 Novice
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad
    Smelling of burning wood and smoke, the four-legged man here radiates a faint warmth, denoting that he is a radiant immortal. His lower body takes the form of a stag, though patches of multicoloured moss intermingle among the thick grey fur that covers his flank. Dark, jagged scarring can be seen across his upper body, a reddish-orange glow like fire dancing within the cracks in the rough bark that is his skin. A pointed, delicate face is half-destroyed, the left side entirely charred and beginning to ash while the right maintains vaguely elfen features that greet the world with a mix of contempt and caution.
    He is wearing:
    a vest of mottled, seared vines lashed around his wooden torso;
    a wreath of dancing embers burning brightly around his head.
     
    Lilybell holds in a laugh at Pysynne's furtive comment.
     
    A gentle warmth fills you as Ydryin turns his head in limited motion, hooves trotting in a slow circle as he looks at the gathered mortals before completing the circuit and returning his attention to Maylea. "I am...Ydryin."
     
    Maylea places Her hand on Ydryin's bark, examining the scars and burns. "You will bear those scars, I think. But with Abeytu's help, and that of those present, you will be well." She smiles brightly, Her tresses glowing a rich blue. "You are more than just a dryad now, Methinks."
     
    Flickering orange light flares in the scars across Ydryin's chest as a hazy, coughing laugh escapes his mouth.
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "Good work, Serenwilde."
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad asks, "Who are these people?"
     
    Blinking slowly, a silver firefly drifts off to the southeast.
     
    Lilybell's eyes flicker with amusement just as Maylea's words reach the one "Methinks".
     
    Ydryin's attention returns to the gathered mortals as he circles around Maylea to get a better look at each of you in turn.
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "We are the people of the First Forest."
     
    Lifting Ydryin's hand, Maylea murmurs, "I think we have a new Ephemeral spirit." She then gestures to Pysynne, Feyr, you, and Lilybell. "These are the mortal dwellers of Serenwilde, those who are charged with the care of you and all else on this land."
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "We're..I'm..nobody! I'm..do you have any moonhart leaves? ..Ohkay, fine, yes I am so charged, with your care."
     
    Lilybell hides a grin behind her hand.
     
    The chirping of crickets surrounds you in a medley of night-time music.
     
    Midnight shadows coalesce around a new day, and Mother Night embraces the land in utter darkness.
    It is now the 2nd of Juliary, 532 years after the Coming of Estarra.
     
    Ydryin's hand tightens faintly around Maylea's, and he frowns at Lilybell before plainly asking, "What?"
     
    You have emoted: Ani hurriedly wipes muddy hands upon her dress to clean them before offering one towards Ydryin. Her words come out in a breathless rush, "Hello, I am Ani, of the Green Fens Tribe. It's wonderful to meet you."
     
    Ydryin rears back and takes a hurried step behind Maylea, his good eye wide and staring cautiously at your approach. "...you, too," he finally says from behind the Goddess.
     
    Pysynne nods to Ydryin, "I am Pysynne Rig-Wilde of the Alabaster Road Tribe."
     
    Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says to Ydryin, "Don't worry, dear. I don't think they usually try to hurt dryads."
     
    Looking embarrassed, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "Okay, all else on this land, first, until you trust me for more than nervous bumbling..I'm Lilybell, uhhm, yes."
     
    Lilybell shuffles her feet uneasily.
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "It is a dangerous world poisoned by cities, taint, and wyrd, so you are right to be cautious. But you have nothing to fear from us."
     
    You have emoted: Looking sheepish as Ydryin hides behind Lady Maylea, Ani drops her outstretched arm and clasps her hands behind her back.
     
    Ydryin's hooves blacken the grass of the glade as he steps carefully from behind Maylea, looking towards the sky above for a moment before back towards the gathered Serenwilde. "I am Ydryin, and I hope to be happy to have met you." His eye flashes at Feyr's comment and the flames within his torso pick up for a moment. "...they harm my rooting grounds?"
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "They try!"
     
    Maylea looks to the left and right, Her gaze inscrutible as She thinks. "How about it, Ydryin, if perhaps one of them shows you around. You have been rooted here for a long time, and it may be interesting to see the forest you had dwelt in so long." She pauses. "If you are quite well enough, that is?"
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "Sometimes devious folk do sneak through with an eye for jacking lumber, but not too often? Uhm.."
     
    Lilybell looks nervously as if wondering if she should've said anything.
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "That is extremely rare and we do everything in our power to prevent that, don't worry."
     
    Lilybell nods her head emphatically.
     
    "If they do not mind. I would like to see what has changed in my long slumber." Ydryin turns and asks Maylea, "How will I find You, if I am lost? I am...not used to these new energies in my body."
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "The last person to try was Esoneyuna, and she ran as soon as my vines entangled her."
     
    Maylea's mouth turns up as Her face breaks into a smile.
     
    Maylea reaches into the ether and pulls out an incendiary cluster of snapdragons.
     
    Maylea gives an incendiary cluster of snapdragons to Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad.
     
    Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Just follow these, My dear. And I will take care of you when you are ready to come."
     
    Maylea gazes around, Her form shimmering with colours as She smiles brightly. "Well done, Serenwilde. I trust you will take care of Ydryin well."
     
    Lilybell smiles softly.
     
    Maylea reaches out to tenderly cup Pysynne's cheek in Her hand.
     
    Pysynne nods his head at Maylea.
     
    Gracefully departing, Maylea dissolves into a swirl of prismatic colours.
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal smiles and says, "His or her spirit emerged from what appeared to be one of the oldest trees in our forest. If so, we've protected him for ages and will continue to do so."
     
    Coughing, Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "Or her."
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says to Feyr, "I Think it's his."
     
    Lilybell nods her head sagely.
     
    Feyr thanks Lilybell gratefully.
     
    Ydryin turns in place, his hooves stamping a small, blackened circle as he looks at Feyr. "I am a hamadryad, a brother to my ancient sisters."
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "Or...I was."
     
    Comprehension flashes across Lilybell's face.
     
    Lilybell looks concernedly unsure of words.
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "Your sisters..?"
     
    Lilybell shakes her head at herself.
     
    Ydryin shakes his head in an odd, pained motion before looking at each of you in turn again. "They likely slumber as have I, if they have not joined with the forest."
     
    The sky lightens and stars fade as Father Sun approaches the horizon in his neverending quest to capture Mother Night.
     
    Showing that she understands, Lilybell nods her head slowly.
     
    You have been awarded 5 points by Pysynne for: Aiding in the saving of Serenwilde from Myrsky and bringing forth Ydryin, the Hamadryad.
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "I can't help but feel like Feyr may be good for showing you around the Wildes, based on following him around as he looked for lightningfires..but."
     
    Stepping forward, flames licking the grass where he steps, Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "Who will lead me? I would like to follow the Goddess' instruction."
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "We can all show you around as a group. Everyone follow me."
     
    You begin to follow Feyr.
     
    Pysynne begins to follow you.
     
    [movement]
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "This is the Hall of the Spirits, connected to various important areas around the forest. It is rather sacred, and not many are allowed here."
     
    Ydryin trots in a small circle, inspecting his surroundings carefully. "What...what is this energy, that flows throughout?"
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "Perhaps you feel the spirit of Serenwilde. The sacred life that courses through it."
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "Have you yet looked upon the Moonhart Mother Tree?"
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "Where is this? Secret Sowers' hideout?"
     
    Lilybell looks about herself, rubbing her chin thoughtfully.
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "I...I think I know the way there still."
     
    Ydryin leaps skyward, his form dissolving into a bolt of lightning that streaks off into the distance.
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says to Lilybell, "I can exlpain after, but it's not tied specifically to the Sowers, no."
     
    You follow Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal down to the Moonhart Mother Tree.
     
    Lilybell gives a trillingly melodic laugh.
     
    Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "Did he just..did you just?"
     
    Lilybell laughs out loud.
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "Ah, I was going to forewarn you that there are many here, still seeking shelter."
     
    Ydryin's eye boggles as he stares around the clearing, mouth half-opened in wonder.
     
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig cowers in a corner, fearful of Ydryin's wrath.
     
    Lilybell laughs out loud.
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says to Bandrui Fyrgenwig, "Don't worry, he's not the storm from before."
     
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig says, "What is it? What is it???"
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "...so strange, yet so simil--."
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says to Bandrui Fyrgenwig, "It's pretty awesome so far."
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says to Ydryin, "Is it different than you remember?"
     
    Ydryin's eye focuses on Bandrui Fyrgenwig, and he trots close, the orange flame in his chest burning brighter as he stares at her. "You, you feel of what was."
     
    You have emoted: Ani steps in close to Bandrui Fyrgenwig, "This is Ydryin, a hamadryad, Bandrui. He won't harm you, he is of the forest like us all."
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "Excuse me, I have matters of security to attend to. Ani will you take over the tour?"
     
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig reaches out to touch Ydryin's bark and moss. "Soft, hurt." Her eyes grow sad and liquid. "She's sorry."
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal has lost you.
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "The storms from before..was a bit of a misunderstanding, not intentionally hurtful."
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "I have faith in our Minister of Power. She will take care of you."
     
    Feyr holds the Flame of dae'Seren aloft and an emerald light shines forth, revealing a hazy hallway of ancient trees. As Feyr walks through the hallway, the trees close around him and disappear.
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "But they did hurt dear Ydryin here quite near-fatally."
     
    You say, "But also gave their energy to save him."
     
    Lilybell nods her head emphatically.
     
    Ydryin raises a scarred hand at Bandrui Fyrgenwig's approach, but does not recoil at her touch, only returning an inquisitive finger that traces the mugwump's temples. "I was, quite hurt, but...yes, as they say."
     
    "She's been hurt before. She knows." Bandrui Fyrgenwig nods slowly and retreats back into her musings beside the Moonhart.
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "...I once walked through this clearing with my sisters, but the feeling here is...it is different now. It is more traveled, by so many different things."
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad asks, "Is the lake still there? And the falls?"
     
    Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.
     
    You say, "They are."
     
    You say to Ydryin, "Would you like to visit there next?"
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "Please, and may we walk slowly? I am still getting used to the sensation."
     
    You say, "Of course."
     
    You beckon to Ydryin.
     
    Ydryin nods his head at you.
     
    Lilybell begins to follow you.
  • AniAni Member Posts: 35 Novice
    [moving]
    Shade beneath cherry trees.
    The area is bathed with argent light as a thrumming power in the ground resonates from a war shrine of Lisaera nearby. A gentle breeze whistles around you. The spicy aroma of cherry-blossom is nowhere stronger than here, at the stand of the oldest cherry trees in this forest. Snow-white, star-shaped flowers flourish at the base of their ponderous trunks, between the tops of their exposed roots. The forest is shaded here, and looking up it is obvious that something else beyond the thick branches is blocking out the light from above.
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "Wait..."
     
    You tilt your head curiously at Ydryin.
     
    Ydryin's head tilts back with a painful cracking of blackened bark as he stares at the cherry blossoms here. He smiles softly at the delicate blooms for several long moments, as though looking at old friends, before painfully lowering his head again. "I am sorry, I just..."
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "There are many memories in this forest, but this place...it was a special one. My sisters and I would play here when these trees were still freshly blooming, small and young."
     
    A plump wild rabbit bounces out to the east.
     
    Ydryin's face cracks into a pained smile, ash and dark bark falling from the blackened half of his face.
     
    Lifting her head with regal grace, a great noble eagle with eyes that glow red, like molten lava unfolds her wings and eyes her surroundings with a beady gaze. Satisfied, she tucks them back at her sides.
     
    The musky scent of loam and leaves fills you with vibrancy.
     
    The sun reaches the zenith of the firmament, pausing in his quest to allow the land to bask in his shining golden rays.
     
    Softly, you say to Ydryin, "You don't have to be sorry at all. Everything is new and not new all at once for you." She pauses, listening to the hamadryad's words, smiling in return, "That sounds like a wonderfully cherished memory."
     
    Ydryin's smile fades slowly and he looks as though he wishes to object before he shakes his head in that odd, pained fashion before answering you, "I suppose it is, and will be."
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "Maybe they'll still wake, and you can tickle them with gentler lightning as morningbells."
     
    Ydryin trots in a small circle, facing Lilybell and visibly puzzling out her speech before saying, "I hope they will wake, though I have no morningbells. I suppose I have no true flowers any longer..."
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "Or we can ask Pys' to do it! I gather his lightning is no longer capable of playful ticklings.."
     
    Lilybell smiles softly at Ydryin.
     
    Flickering orange light flares in the scars across Ydryin's chest as a hazy, coughing laugh escapes his mouth.
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says to you, "We may continue, if you wish."
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "And I'll be a bellflower in your boughs! If you'll have me..I also hear I'm quite the quiet! Snorer."
     
    Lilybell smiles softly at you.
     
    You have emoted: Glancing up at the cherry blossoms and then to Ydryin, Ani nods, leading the group onwards once more.
     
    Ydryin gives a pained, sorrowed gasp as his hooves leave the forest floor, and he stumbles to the ground here, eye wide in grief and turmoil.
     
    Alabaster Road through the Serenwilde. (road).
    Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. A fresh breeze is blowing through the area. Attached to a wooden post here is a large metal bell. Perched nearby, a great noble eagle searches her surroundings with eyes that glow red, like molten lava. A red fox stands here, cautiously listening to the surroundings.
    You see exits leading northeast, east (open door), south, and west.
     
    Ydryin gives a pained, sorrowed gasp as his hooves leave the forest floor, and he stumbles to the ground here, eye wide in grief and turmoil.
     
    Lilybell looks pained too seeming in quick recognition of the grief.
     
    Continuing the hunt for his dark mate, Father Sun presses forward in his journey, lowering himself in the sky yet still casting even, full light upon the land.
     
    You have emoted: Ani's brow furrows, "I take it that this was not here and the forest was whole in your time.." She bows her head with a pained sigh before continuing, "this is the Scar, it separates the northern and southern parts of the forest".
     
    Tongues of flame flicker out of the scars in Ydryin's torso as he gives a pained, hazy scream of despair.
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "I..yes, it's quite..a large..but it's! Well travelled.."
     
    Lilybell finishes lamely.
     
    Lilybell gazes at her feet on the road sadly.
     
    "A rope bridge...it could...they could..." Ydryin's voice falters and chokes as the horrible scent of burning foliage fills the air. "...the deer trails, my...one of my sisters rooted right near..."
     
    The air is filled with the soft whisper of antlered leaves as the Mother Moonhart casts a silvery radiance before your vision, her foliage echoing Serenwilde's song of nature unblemished across the First World.
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "She..Mother still reaches with her radiance, see? She.."
     
    Lilybell falters again in her forced optimism.
     
    Tears of burning sap streaking down from his good eye, Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad exclaims, "Who? Who did this?!"
     
    Aquifn tells you, "Hey you."
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "I...I'm not sure, the Cities' trade routes? Ani, do you know?"
     
    Reality wavers and bucks, the world stopping and starting erratically around you. The sound of chisel upon stone and the felling of trees echoes across Lusternia as a Distant Timequake comes into existence.
     
    Ydryin jerks at the sound in the distance, rising to his feet again and cantering about nervously. "What was that? Why? What?!"
     
    A light smattering of clouds now covers the sky.
     
    An ugly black vulture circles above, looking for carrion.
     
    You have emoted: Ani blushes a deep shade of red and looks uncertain, "I- I am not sure. It must have been something to do with the cities, or..or Vernal Wars, perhaps. I am still learning of the world myself."
     
    Shadows grow longer in anticipation for the return of their dark mistress as Father Sun's chase brings him closer to the world's edge.
     
    Ydryin leaps skyward, his form dissolving into a bolt of lightning that streaks off into the distance.
     
    You say, "That..was..oh he is gone."
     
    You crease your brow in a frown.
     
    Lilybell heaves a sigh of worry.
     
    The Divine voice of Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad echoes in your head, "I am sorry. I cannot stand upon that ground."
     
    Lilybell follows you south.
     
    Dirt trail entering the Serenwilde.
    The area is bathed with argent light as a thrumming power in the ground resonates from a war shrine of Lisaera nearby. It is quite cool. A mature hornbeam tree stands proudly here. Reaching up as high as the eye can see looms the awesome presence of a living totem. Perched nearby, a great noble eagle searches her surroundings with eyes that glow red, like molten lava. A red fox stands here, cautiously listening to the surroundings. Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad is here, wreathed in divine fire.
    You see exits leading north, southeast, and west.
     
    You nod your head at Ydryin.
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "I..we've been facing fissures in the time-space continuums, as of lately."
     
    You say, "We can take another route to the Falls."
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "We can teleport to collegium."
     
    You say, "But what you heard was what people call a 'timequake'"
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "...you go there, and I will find my way to you."
     
    Ydryin gives you a pained nod.
     
    [movement to falls]
     
    Lilybell gives a pained sigh.
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "It's bad enough just imagining what it was like before everything."
     
    As the sun passes below the horizon's edge, Mother Night unveils her terrible, shadowy beauty, spreading darkness across the land.
     
    You nod your head at Lilybell, showing your acceptance.
     
    You say, "I can't imagine all that he is feeling right now."
     
    You say, "One thing to wake up and much of the world change, but to see such destruction..."
     
    Looking downtrodden, you sadly shake your head.
     
    Lilybell nods painedly.
     
    A bolt of lightning streaks down to slam into the ground, revealing Ydryin standing in a blackened circle.
     
    Lilybell smiles softly at Ydryin.
     
    Ydryin's legs sink into the river, sprays of mist sizzling against his torso as the water crashes against him, though the fire within his chest does not even begin to flicker or die.
     
    You have emoted: Ani jumps back from the bolt of lightning, a hand against her chest as she yelps. She stares at Ydryin for a few seconds before she gives herself a shake and laughs nervously, "I'll have to get used to how you make an entrance..."
     
    Ydryin offers you a soft half-smile before turning southward and looking over Moon Lake. "...though the river rages, the world is quiet here."
     
    Lilybell giggles a bit through her hushed concern, looking at Ydryin's chest and it's firey glow.
     
    In the still air you can hear the soft rippling of the waters and feel the gentle tug of the current as it flows past you.
     
    You say to Ydryin, "It is very peaceful in this part of the forest."
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "...you fight, even now. I sense the death of mortals, who rise and die again...and some fall to the power of...your own."
     
    Ydryin creases his brow in a frown.
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "They are very loud."
     
    Turning to address the two of you, Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "You say you all fight for my ancient home, but who are you? What are you? Why are you?"
     
    Lilybell nods lightly.
     
    Mist curls off of Ydryin's flaming torso as water splashes around his body, though he continues to stare at you in search of an answer.
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "Well, I'm a faeling, cross between an Elfen and creature of the fae, maybe you already knew that, I'm not sure what you might've missed..I'm..not sure why, or even exactly who, probably."
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "But I seek to protect the forest and hopefully..help Nature all around the realm, not just the Wildes..but.."
     
    "Uhh..." stalls Lilybell.
     
    A calming, warm breeze swirls around Lilybell as the fragrant scent of roses suffuses the area around her.
     
    Thoughtfully, you say to Ydryin, "I belong to the Green Fens tribe, within the Allied Tribes of the Wodewoses.. I am a druid, and so I tend to the trees and nature, and as Lilybell says, I also seek to protect the forest, the First and Last true forest, and hopefully one day see Nature returned to all of the Basin."
     
    Lilybell looks to you nodding nervously seeming a bit lost for further tentative words.
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "Ackleberry..fell in the Taint Wars, if I got it right."
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "Glomdoring..well.."
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad asks, "The what?"
     
    You say to Ydryin, "Ackleberry is..hidden or trapped away, no one really knows. The Gloriana forest has been twisted into what is now called the Glomdoring."
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "The Taint Wars I..was largely what caused so much tumultuous..history, lately..you weren't awake, then? Horrors of Soulless Gods and realm divisionary battles.."
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "...the Gloriana and Ackleberry are...no, I do not..."
     
    Ydryin's frown cracks his blackened bark and bleeds searing embers from his burnt cheek. "I have no frame of reference for how long it has been."
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "I wish I were more of a historian..if only Qistrel was awake..ah."
     
    Lilybell looks worriedly to Ydryin's bleeding embers.
     
    Deep in thought, you lean your cheek on your hand.
     
    A red fox bats at a stray insect with its paw.
     
    You say to Ydryin, "Do you remember many Elders from your time? Like the Lady Maylea?"
     
    As the embers die out, the dark bark of Ydryin's face sears itself shut again while he ponders the question.
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says to you, "I...I do not know. I could not recall Her name, but I know Her like an ancient song in the back of my mind. I imagine most of my kind do. And now...now I feel my mind expanding, and I know Her power runs through my home, and...your home."
     
    Spilling ever more of its bounty, the light rain develops into a cascading downpour.
     
    In the still air you can hear the soft rippling of the waters and feel the gentle tug of the current as it flows past you.
     
    Lilybell nods softly, wincing a bit at a few flashes before her eyes.
     
    You say to Ydryin, "Ah.. I think I understand. Perhaps.. do you remember other forests?"
     
    You say, "Many of them were destroyed, twisted or hidden away. The only ones that remain are Serenwilde, and Glomdoring - that which was once Gloriana. And the Jojobo jungle, but no one knows where that is, it is outside of the Basin, but I believe in recent history there were visitors from there."
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "A few are still looking for Ackleberry, last I heard..but not much luck, yet."
     
    Showing that he understands, Ydryin nods his head slowly.
     
    You nod your head at Lilybell.
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad asks, "Who lives here now?"
     
    You say, "There is a way to make brief contact with Ackleberry, through helping the tae'dae and furrikin of Tolborolla."
     
    Comprehension flashes across Lilybell's face.
     
    The horizon glows with burnished shades of orange and red, heralding the imminent arrival of Father Sun upon the rim of the world.
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "Wow! I didn't know that..seems to bode well..and, well, young souls fresh from the Portal, as well as ancient ones as old as these conflicts themselves still warding the woods."
     
    You say to Ydryin, "There are many of us that live in Serenwilde, all different races and walks of life."
     
    You nod your head at Lilybell.
     
    Lilybell nods her head emphatically.
     
    Ydryin nods his head slowly, "You guard my home, but do you nurture it? I hear you set forth to save me from death, what...why was I in danger?"
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "I..think Ani knows a big more of the storm spirit who got out of hand thinking she was being playful, but..yes, you were struck most badly by it's lightning, last weave."
     
    The soft glow of the sun reflects in a beautiful array of colours upon the water's surface, an almost entrancing display of nature's grace.
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "I..try and nurture the Wilde, but I fear I often fall short in that hope."
     
    Twisting her fingers together, you say, "We do try to nurture the forest. A presence was here, slumbering and was disturbed by these timequakes, if I understand it correctly. The more the storm continued, it grew stronger and bigger until we spoke with him. His name was Myrsky, the spirit of the storm, his playfulness struck your tree and I guess that is why your form is as it is now. But, he did give his energy to save you in the end."
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "...and now the storm lessens, and I live. What has come of this spirit?"
     
    With a half laugh, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says to you, "Oh, you fancied Myrsky a he? Fiine..but she so almost fluttered at me with elegant stormy-eyelashes.."
     
    Lilybell clears her throat.
     
    Lilybell shakes her head at herself.
     
    The soft glow of the sun reflects in a beautiful array of colours upon the water's surface, an almost entrancing display of nature's grace.
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says to Ydryin, "It agreed to infuse your tree with it's essence to save your life, on Lady Maylea's hopeful talk with it."
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "It wasn't of this world..so agreed she'd..it'd like to return home."
     
    You say, "Lilybell has the right of it. The Lady Maylea infused Myrsky within your tree, so I presume that they are part of you..perhaps?"
     
    You tilt your head curiously.
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "I am myself. If there were another within me, I would know."
     
    You say, "Perhaps by giving their energy to save you, they were able to return to their home, then."
     
    Lilybell smiles softly gazing down the falls looking thoughtful.
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "I hope that if Lady Maylea promised such, She did so. I...I wonder...where there is space for me now."
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "There is plenty space in Serenwilde, surely! Always glad for the company, no doubt especially one as wise as an ancient dryad as yourself."
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "...would the forest have me? Is there still room for my kind?"
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says to Emika, "We're giving freshly waken Ydryin here a tour of the Wildes, she was struck by lightning and we discovered the source of the storm."
     
    Glimmer of Moondust, Emika Moonvine says, "Nice to meet you."
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "oh, I think so, yes! We're probably sorely missing your sort of kind, I imagine."
     
    You smile and say to Ydryin, "As Lilybell says, there is a lot of space across the forest - I am quite certain the forest would welcome you, your roots go back to when the forest was young, and your sisters are of the forest, too. You are kin, and we would not turn you away."
     
    Ydryin's single eye turns to stare at Emika as the flames within his chest flare.
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "...if you would have me, I would love to stay within the Forest, be a part of the Serenwilde in name as well as purpose."
     
    Glimmer of Moondust, Emika Moonvine says, "You are definitely welcome."
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says to Ydryin, "This is Emika, my mother-to-be, she's older than both Ani and I so maybe you guys can poke fun at us saplings..oh! And yeah, I seriously doubt anyone would hold objection to having you, eagerly!"
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods says, "As for purpose..soon as you find yours help me find mine, yeah?"
     
    Lilybell laughs a bit.
     
    Emika giggles happily.
     
    The soft glow of the sun reflects in a beautiful array of colours upon the water's surface, an almost entrancing display of nature's grace.
     
    Emika hugs Lilybell compassionately.
     
    Lilybell smiles softly.
     
    [I missed some bits here]
     
    (Serenwilde): You say, "He asks if the Serenwilde would welcome him, if there is room for his kind still. To which I replied that we would welcome him, and there is plenty of space in the forest!"
     
    Mist curls off of Ydryin's flaming torso as water splashes around his body, thoughtfully considering the newcomer before nodding at those gathered. "If you will have me, I will stay, and join the Serenwilde."
     
    You ask Ydryin to repeat the oaths of the Free Forest of Serenwilde after you. He does, and you admit him as the newest, proudest commune member of the Free Forest of Serenwilde.
     
    The soft glow of the sun reflects in a beautiful array of colours upon the water's surface, an almost entrancing display of nature's grace.
     
    Lilybell cheers wildly!
     
    Ydryin's face cracks into a pained smile, ash and dark bark falling from the blackened half of his face.
     
    Emika throws her hands into the air and gives a loud, "WOO!"
     
    With a graceful step back and a sweeping bow, Lilybell plays a complex sequence of notes. Pale images of ancient spirits surround Ydryin briefly, their voices harmonizing with the song.
     
    The Scribe dutifully records your words.
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "I...I would love to meet with you more properly in the future, but..."
     
    You smile and say to Ydryin, "Welcome home."
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "I must go to Lady Maylea. I wish to know more of what has happened in my slumber, to our sister forests, and...to see if She can help me find my sisters."
     
    The white blanket of cloud in the sky above you thickens into a heavy cover.
     
    Glimmer of Moondust, Emika Moonvine says, "Welcome home i didn't get to meet you long."
     
    You say to Ydryin, "I am sure you are needing time to rest and reflect, there is much to take in...of course, that is understandable."
     
    Flickering orange light flares in the scars across Ydryin's chest as a hazy, coughing laugh escapes his mouth.
     
    Lilybell smiles nodding.
     
     
    Ydryin, the Scorched Hamadryad says, "I have lived long enough, that I am sure we will have plentiful time."
     
    The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.
     
    You nod your head emphatically.
     
    A red-striped salamander swims in from the north.
     
    The pounding of hooves against the ground echoes as Feyr enters from the down, flanked by a pair of ethereal stags.
    A bank of black clouds rolls in from the down, upon which gallops a pure black nightmare.
     
    Lisae Feyr Yfae'dren, the Vates Arboreal says, "Sorry I was delayed. That was an important matter."
     
    Chirruping warblingly, Chocolatesque Lilybell, Rarefied Demigoods exclaims to Feyr, "Quick! Get him to stay and flirt with me!"
     
    You say to Ydryin, "It was nice to meet you, Ydryin. I am sure we will see each other again soon. I hope the Lady Maylea can help find the answers you seek."
     
    Lilybell blushes furiously.
     
    Feyr blinks incredulously at Lilybell.
     
    Glimmer of Moondust, Emika Moonvine says, "Nature shall prevail."
     
    Lilybell hums innocently to herself.
     
    Ydryin holds up a cluster of burning snapdragons that flare and consume themselves before an orange flame streaks skyward into the heavens. "I will see you in the future, my new...friends."
     
    Ydryin leaps skyward, his form dissolving into a bolt of lightning that streaks off into the distance.
Sign In or Register to comment.