Levelling the playing field

KistanKistan Member Posts: 393 Expert
edited June 28 in Ideas
A couple of things here from daily credits, a couple from general thoughts

Daily credits

Aetherhunting - I could have been in the worst crew imaginable but I only got the one credit tick after about an hour. This seems really out of line with all the other reward methods (I had got so much experience though). The rewards seem almost negligible? Maybe a review of the numbers especially as it is only 1 credit per tick.

Power generation - It still seems unfair that this varies wildly between cities so I could get 10 initiates per hour in Gaudiguch  (no credit tick) and 15 beggars per hour in Magnagora  (credit tick) . I am sure the other cities (and communes) vary but  we should all be working off the same base and player experience between cities.

Wildnodes/Domoths - change to once per wildnodes/domoth - these are spanning the weave (wildnodes) or can be times to do so (Domoths) giving glorious double bubble. But probably shouldn't

General

Largest library - would it be possible to change this to start from the time when Gaudiguch and Hallifax came into existence - it is such an inbuilt advantage to older cities. It makes me sad.

Civic Weddings - I am sure this has been brought up a few times. In Gaudiguch the only person I think who can perform weddings is @Ein. I know he loves a wedding but it does seem a waste of his time! Maybe allow paying at the Hall of Records to have your wedding certified?

That's me done with ideas for another year

Comments

  • AlexandriaAlexandria Member Posts: 65 Capable
    Kistan said:

    Aetherhunting - I could have been in the worst crew imaginable but I only got the one credit tick after about an hour. This seems really out of line with all the other reward methods (I had got so much experience though). The rewards seem almost negligible? Maybe a review of the numbers especially as it is only 1 credit per tick.

    It's one tick per 100 aetherbeasts killed, IIRC. It's an atrocious rate, for having to get a minimum of six people out for at least an hour.

  • JolantheJolanthe Member Posts: 255 Gifted
    Library books older than fifty years no longer count towards largest library iirc, not sure how long that's been in effect.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie Member Posts: 1,507 Transcendent
    Jolanthe said:
    Library books older than fifty years no longer count towards largest library iirc, not sure how long that's been in effect.
    There are two sets of library scores, recent and total. You can see them both on LIBRARIES. Recent should only include the past 50 years, total should be all books ever approved. Most literary and most scholarly go off of the recent scores, but largest library goes off of total.
    That does mean that the older orgs had a head start on it. It also means that if an org has a period where it has a low population and doesn't do much, it needs to make up for it later before it can start competing again. It is probably the most punitive mechanic in the game.
    The actual result for the scoring is interesting. Halli is in second place for largest library despite being a younger org, and it even had largest for a while. On the other hand, it took real life years of massive library domination to get there, with Halli pushing library stuff way more than any other org. That seems really excessive. I can say from personal experience that being dominant in the competitions but just needing to wait and grind because other orgs had a head start is annoying.
    So I am super in favor of fixing that, either by changing the start date for total score or by switching that category over to recent books. I'd actually like the window for counting as a recent book to be much smaller, since 50 game years does not strike me as being terribly recent, but I'll take what I can get. I don't really pay attention to daily credits so I can't comment on those at all, but support for this specific thing.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • KistanKistan Member Posts: 393 Expert
    Jolanthe said:
    Library books older than fifty years no longer count towards largest library iirc, not sure how long that's been in effect.
    They must do - Gaudi had top scholarly and literary but not biggest library
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spotMember Posts: 4,400 Transcendent
    +1 for secular wedding officiants. Not exactly relevant to me any more, but I would have appreciated the option.
  • KethaeraKethaera Member Posts: 840 Transcendent
    Kistan said:
    A couple of things here from daily credits, a couple from general thoughts

    Daily credits

    Aetherhunting - I could have been in the worst crew imaginable but I only got the one credit tick after about an hour. This seems really out of line with all the other reward methods (I had got so much experience though). The rewards seem almost negligible? Maybe a review of the numbers especially as it is only 1 credit per tick.

    Power generation - It still seems unfair that this varies wildly between cities so I could get 10 initiates per hour in Gaudiguch  (no credit tick) and 15 beggars per hour in Magnagora  (credit tick) . I am sure the other cities (and communes) vary but  we should all be working off the same base and player experience between cities.

    I'm not sure how to compare power generation between orgs. Glomdoring's and Serenwilde's are very simple compared to everyone else, so maybe it should take 15 pixies/crows for them for a credit vs 5 spheres/beggars? Celest's takes a few more steps more but doesn't involve killing anything, so... 10? I don't know anything about Gaudiguch's power quest.

    Aetherhunting rewards are ridiculous. I know it's not really a lot of work but it's far more dangerous than influencing, and more difficult than bashing what with the need to find people who know what they're doing/have the triggers for it. At the very least people who are on active modules (pilot, grid, turret) should get more credits for it.
  • MakaiMakai Member Posts: 409 Adept
    edited July 1
    Magnagora generates 30 power and a good chunk of exp (killing spectres, turning in corpses, turning in flasks, turning in beggars, and turning in spikes) The flasks and beggars giving gold rewards as well.

    Celest generates 20 power and less exp and gold, though has fewer steps as there is only 10 you can do per spawn.

    Glomdoring generates 28 power and is simple, walk around and drop a web, drop shadows, put feathers in tree.

    Serenwilde generates 30 power and is annoying, find and chase pixies, toss them a leaf, drag to Glinshari.

    Hallifax can generate 30 power if they do the spheres the intended way (aka not making golden) and is a lot of walking around

    Gaudiguch can generate 20 power, influencing initiates and dropping them off to get sands, put sands in a rock, take new rocks to Drachou.

    Glomdoring and Celest have the easiest power quests, Magnagora has the most rewarding (but longest), Hallifax is second longest, and Serenwilde and Gaudi round the center.

    Edited: Fixed Glomdoring to 28 from 30.
    Post edited by Makai on
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 6,610 Transcendent
    For clarification, 14 shadows at 2 power each doesn't quite hit 30 (gets close though).
    image
  • KistanKistan Member Posts: 393 Expert
    I think 28 would have annoyed me more than 20
  • KethaeraKethaera Member Posts: 840 Transcendent
    Kistan said:
    I think 28 would have annoyed me more than 20
    What annoys me is that awful feeling of incompleteness from doing Hallifax's power the "right" way and never quite having enough spheres to make the last color, no matter what you do or where the cycle starts...
  • CoralineCoraline Member Posts: 343 Master
    Kethaera said:
    Kistan said:
    I think 28 would have annoyed me more than 20
    What annoys me is that awful feeling of incompleteness from doing Hallifax's power the "right" way and never quite having enough spheres to make the last color, no matter what you do or where the cycle starts...
    You can give them to Fraesic to turn all of them into golden so the colour doesn't matter though, right?
    2019/05/29 01:36:00 - The squad known as 'Seriously Choco-squid this time' supporting Gaudiguch generated 1 power
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spotMember Posts: 4,400 Transcendent
    Yes, at the rate of 4 colors to 1 golden. Getting the most out of the spheres means hauling them all around the labs and having them combined into the right colors for the generator in the right order, and you always fall short of being able to make the last color needed.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne Member Posts: 2,950 Transcendent
    I would completely nix any power gain we get from doing the "power quest" if it meant significantly increasing the amount of motes the Primary Generator got. Seriously, who gaf about the power aspect.

    Same goes for supplicants/souls/butterflies/shadows/flames and such.

    image
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 6,610 Transcendent
    The power is what determines the daily credit tick, which is what this thread is about (or at least the category that this specific subject is in).  Varying power totals means that it takes more resets for some orgs to earn ticks than others.
    image
  • KethaeraKethaera Member Posts: 840 Transcendent
    Daraius said:
    Yes, at the rate of 4 colors to 1 golden. Getting the most out of the spheres means hauling them all around the labs and having them combined into the right colors for the generator in the right order, and you always fall short of being able to make the last color needed.
    And you don't even get them in a multiple of 4, so it still never comes out exact... this quest was designed to drive detail-oriented people crazy. And what type of person is most likely to join Hallifax?! *mutter*
  • CoralineCoraline Member Posts: 343 Master
    Ours is kinda funny. It starts with convincing random people on the street to go chill and meditate and ends with feeding rocks to a dragon so it'll burp out butterflies
    2019/05/29 01:36:00 - The squad known as 'Seriously Choco-squid this time' supporting Gaudiguch generated 1 power
  • AlexandriaAlexandria Member Posts: 65 Capable
    Kethaera said:
    Daraius said:
    Yes, at the rate of 4 colors to 1 golden. Getting the most out of the spheres means hauling them all around the labs and having them combined into the right colors for the generator in the right order, and you always fall short of being able to make the last color needed.
    And you don't even get them in a multiple of 4, so it still never comes out exact... this quest was designed to drive detail-oriented people crazy. And what type of person is most likely to join Hallifax?! *mutter*
    Seriously, though, this detail has always driven me insane.
Sign In or Register to comment.