Aerochemantics

Comments

• There doesn't seem to be a specific tert that it meshes best with =x?

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    edited February 2013
    Static field will likely need toning down too. Log of testing it here.

While it does check against rooting, and there's no stun if you're not thrown, the rate of fire still seemed quite high. My rough count gave it a >30% chance to discharge the static field.

The duration of the stun, though it decreases the longer it has been up (began at 6s, ended at 5s, so assuming -1s per 10mins), is rough. Unsure if the rate of firing also drops the longer it has been up, but yeah, not looking like a nice mechanic to have to face...
  • Ushaara said:

While it does check against rooting, and there's no stun if you're not thrown, the rate of fire still seemed quite high. My rough count gave it a >30% chance to discharge the static field.

The duration of the stun, though it decreases the longer it has been up (began at 6s, ended at 5s, so assuming -1s per 10mins), is rough. Unsure if the rate of firing also drops the longer it has been up, but yeah, not looking like a nice mechanic to have to face...
    Reflexive stun at that rate sounds especially painful to those guilds that do not have access to any passive way of keeping up their offense (like entities and melds).

Maybe cut the possibility of triggering static field in half, and drop the stun length to a static two to three seconds (if it does drop over time)?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess

Ushaara said:

Holy.... I can just imagine the bouncing... never mind the 6s stun. Some of those numbers need changing for sure. I can see it already with several Aerochems and multiple target attacks landing on them. Hey, I'm in my meld and I can't do anything at all! I'd say if the ability stays in its present state with the stun duration, the chance needs to be lowered significantly. It could be that you got hit by the RNG lottery, but still, it makes it pretty much certain that known aerochems are likely to be targeted last in group fights so team doesn't end up being dispersed.

Something else to consider, might be a good idea to give it a cooldown of some sorts... like 30 seconds between discharges? The field discharged, tossing someone away and it needs to build up again, rather than having the capacity to just keep discharging over and over and over. Being that aerochems use batteries and all that, it kind of makes sense too. Otherwise you get into a situation where a group mistargeting an Aero can end up all over the place at the cost of what... 40 reagents? Not even a power cost if the posted ABs on the first page are correct where pretty much every other ability of that type costs power and lasts for a much shorter duration?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    6 second stun? New term: Aeroquisition.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited February 2013
    [16949.13|100%h|100%m|100%e|6p|100%en|59%w] elrkdbp<>- 

w

The air tears from your lungs in a single, burning instant as the pressure plummets. Through your bulging eyes, you have little time to make out the wall of lightning bearing down upon you before it is searing across your skin and filling your lungs in a blue-white conflagration.
    Your eyes burst from your head as your body nearly explodes from the pressure differential.
    You have been slain by Scax.
    You are OUT of the Wargames!
    The spectator stands of the Klangratch Tournies.
    Towering high above the Avenger's Battleground, the spectator stands house hundreds of granite benches for onlookers to gaze out onto the battlefield. Similarly in style, the dividing rows allow for ease of movement to and from this area. Flaming urns provide ample warmth for this otherwise cold, high up area of the Arena. Battle flags and symbols hang from poles further above, heralding the historic battles held here. Deathguard Marcella n'Lochli is here. She wields a menacing double-edged klangaxe with both hands. Count Lothringen d'Murani is here. He wields a wyrm emblazoned shield in his left hand and a damning symbol of domination in his right.
    You see exits leading in and out.
    The Orange Team has been annihilated!
    The Yellow Team has 2 members left.
    Sondayga gently floats to the ground.
    The Yellow Team has 1 members left.
    Enyalida's trunk slowly comes into view, walking on her massive roots.
    The Yellow Team is victorious in the Wargames in the Klangratch Tournies!
    You are no longer stunned and have a brief stun immunity.
    You are no longer immune from stun.
    eat kafe
    (acorn): Curing 'no kafe' with 'eat kafe'.
    [16949.79|100%h|100%m|100%e|10p|110%en|100%w] elrx<>- 
    (-360h) (-360e) 

No affs.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Should have hindered more duh.

And Scax wins the fight! For the first time ever possibly.

Well that'll be fun for War.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Also, is this one of the batteries? It's doing more damage than my active attacks.

Scintillating arcs of electricity crackle through the stratus field around Entrias, slashing across 

your skin in a painful dance of brilliance.

Ushaara said:

Link is not working
    Working fine for me. :/

Pastehtml was being stupid so used dropbox, if pastehtml loads I'll throw up there. But basically couldn't get a string of more than two hits together without hitting static.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Link was working fine for me, try right clicking and open as a new tab/window.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Try logsty.com for log hosting needs. Ircria did it and it seems pretty sharp.
    Logsty not uploading it for me. :/

Any way of adding attachments on these new-fangled forums?
    What I think happened was that it was counting cleaves as three actions (raze rebounding, speed + hit) which had the visual effect of inflating the % rate it fires at. Cavalier guard can fire similarly on cleaves. Either way, it was a pain. :(
  • Man, all those nice reflexives on ALL aggressive actions make my precious harmony chuuti look so old and wrinkled.

Ushaara said:
    What I think happened was that it was counting cleaves as three actions (raze rebounding, speed + hit) which had the visual effect of inflating the % rate it fires at. Cavalier guard can fire similarly on cleaves. Either way, it was a pain. :(
    Looks like that, since you resist the static movement a few times just to be flung out right afterwards (in response to the same cleave). Should probably be bugged, along with the cavalier guard behaviour, if you haven't, yet.
    Is it all aggressive actions? Other skillset effects only fire on damaging effects.
  • edited February 2013
    I know that cavalier guard fires on more than just damaging actions, or used to the last time I fought a cavalier, at least, which was back when I was a tk mage.

Edit: And for static to behave the way it does here (summon resist, but then getting moved), it would have to react to more than just the actual damaging warrior hit, too, as Ushaara said. Or something entirely different happened, who knows.
  • edited February 2013
    Ushaara said:

I doubt it. Bug it though, they were able to lower the proc rate for each individual monk hit for stuff like psiarmour, so if cleaving is really counting 3 times, the precedent is there for it to be a bug - a single attack should only proc the chance once. Most likely, however, they're going to tell you that's not the case, and cleave is only proccing the chance once.

Static is even worse than the combo breakers, because it IS an actual dodge, it looks like. It negates the attack before it hits and throws you away. Someone ask on envoys what the chance on that is. Because anything more than 10% is way too much.

And why is vacuum doing 100% damage? Not only in Rivius' log, but also in Ushaara's. Took 5k off a 5.1k max health player with no boosting affs on him. Didn't we tone down aquoxitism and glinshari for this same reason? Why wasn't vacuum tested in coders' custom boxes? If the new damage formula for aquoxitism and glinshari still gives such ridiculous numbers, then vacuum needs to have its own custom damage formula. It's perfectly possible to clone existing player characters with all their skills on the coders' private boxes and test out abilities on them before release. Can we please start adding a "testing" phase before release? There's enough new issues with each release that we don't need to keep revisiting old ones over and over. The least that can be done is to make sure problems that the previous releases have highlighted and have already been fixed don't pop up again when the next version of the new spec is released.

You know, the new spec is actually very viable 1v1. Keep this up, eventually, they'll be the undisputed champions of the 1v1 scene. No one will fight them, of course, but they'll be on top. Good job.

I used to rant so much about chuuti. :D

I didn't bug this as only went over log after I was logged out. Bugged the cavalier guard behaviour before though, which came back as not a bug.
  • It came back as intended behaviour that using the two-handed spec raze aka cleave against a cavalier is treated as three attacks? I think maybe the bugreport reader misunderstood and thought you bugged guard firing on raze generally?
  • Ushaara said:
    I used to rant so much about chuuti. :D

I didn't bug this as only went over log after I was logged out. Bugged the cavalier guard behaviour before though, which came back as not a bug.
    I'd still be ranting about chuuti, except that the previous two spec releases have already convinced me the admin don't see it as a problem. Too bad, so sad, for those forced to struggle with this kind of frustrating mechanic.

Also, seriously? A single cleave procing guard 3 times is "not a bug"? Can an admin confirm this? We need to use an envoy slot to fix something this ridiculous?

Looks like vacuum or whatever doesn't have the recent nerfs to damage Aquatoxicism and Glinshari got.
    A testing phase would be fantastic. I think that most (if not all) of the long-standing envoys can be trusted to keep their mouths closed!
  • I doubt they'd wanna take that risk, but they can test things well enough without involving players.
  • You don't even need envoys. The coders can do it themselves. Doesn't even take that much time or effort. That vacuum is still doing this kind of ridiculous damage points to 2 things: the damage formula for it wasn't changed or, there's some other factor that makes it be this ridiculous even with the new formula. The first is a failure so incompetent I'm going to just assume that's not the case for our admin, who are pretty capable most of the time. The second is perfectly reasonable, unforseen circumstances pop up all the time. This is, however, easily resolved with just a bit of testing. Boot up your private server, log into Tulemrah's character, log into Ushaara's character, give Tulemrah new skills, def up both, and use vacuum. Repeat with a couple other characters on the receiving end. Check the damage. Everything A-okay? Release.

i thought the entire reason this new spec's release for different guilds was staggered was to gather feedback in between, with the most egregrious, common problems for the entire spec as a whole highlighted and fixed between releases so we don't waste resources, time or raise blood pressure trying to differentiate between common and specific problems across six guilds. The ultimate damage ability's damage formula has been highlighted as a problem and fixed as a problem. So make sure all future releases have this problem fixed before release, please.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited February 2013
    Ushaara said:
    Oh Gods... *goes Aero*... nah, just kidding, but DAMN!

EDIT: Here's to hoping this gets fixed pre-War, eh? Along with Vacuum, hopefully.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Enyalida said:
    Also, is this one of the batteries? It's doing more damage than my active attacks.

Scintillating arcs of electricity crackle through the stratus field around Entrias, slashing across 

your skin in a painful dance of brilliance.

That's stratus field. It's a defense that an aerochemancer has to focus on a single person. 100% electricity damage.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Enyalida said:
    A testing phase would be fantastic. I think that most (if not all) of the long-standing envoys can be trusted to keep their mouths closed!
    Even speculating, loosely, that we did consider testing skillsets before release with a few select envoys, those envoys would then be A) expected to keep their mouth quiet (not likely), possibly B) sign an NDA, like we require of our mortal builders, and C) wouldn't be allowed to participate in any event leading up to its release.

I think those players would soon find the role of envoy both really unpleasant, and far too costly. And the temptation to 'spill' far too tempting. Heck, sometimes I just want to be like, "HEY LOOK WHAT WE'RE DOING THIS IS SO COOL", but I can't, because the surprise and 'big reveal' is far more fun. And you guys aren't my 'buddies', even! (But you better believe the other gods hear about it, eesh)
This discussion has been closed.