Joining Maylea's Order

LiefLief Member Posts: 326 Fabled
This is a very old log (for my character!) I found, but I'm so glad I saved it. Behold, newb-Lief joining Maylea's Order.

-----------------

Orimi gives a translucent ghost to you.

You have emoted: Lief's wings buzz behind her as they nudge her closer to Orimi. "Oh!" she says, surprised, gathering the ghost into her arms such as she can.

You say to Orimi, "I wanted to ask you about Lady Maylea. Or, well, maybe about those who follow Her?"

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Oh- of course!"

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "What would you care to know?"

The chirping of crickets surrounds you in a medley of night-time music.

Cradling the ghost in her faeling-sized arms, you ask Orimi, "What is it you -- collectively -- do to best worship Her?"

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Mmm-- Likely the largest part of worship would be in our offerings."

You have emoted: Lief cants her head as she listens, lifting one hand from the ghost to tug at a short lock of her hair.

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Few follow my Lady and often our paths cross for but only short periods of time."

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "However, thinking upon this, perhaps--  I could speak with Her about gatherings that do not necessarily require a ritual."

Wings buzzing quietly behind her, you say, "I think I would very much like to hear more of Her."

Orimi's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Lady Maylea values greatly the concept of looking inward and both finding and following your greatest truth. There is no one single truth at a given time that remains, as we all change over time."

You nod your head slowly in understanding.

You ask Orimi, "How is one's greatest truth expressed? How do we know when we've found it?"

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "It can be expressed in many ways- from the art of combat to painting, through the art of the tongue with debating, preaching or becoming a politician to crafting items such as a couch or chandelier, from being a hunter to a defender for Her."

You have emoted: Lief's slow nodding quickens in its next expression, her grey eyes twinkling bright with curiosity.

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Finding your greatest truth is personalized, as the way you choose to find it will depend on you- the Nine Serene Truths are dedicated to guiding you along the way toward Enlightenment."

You have emoted: "What does 'serene' mean?" Lief flits a little distance from her young stag companion as he lifts his nose to snuffle at the faeling. "Shush," she says quietly to him, slipping him a handful of feed from a pocket.

You remove 1 oatfeed, bringing the total in the rift to 29.

You put a bag of oats in the feedbag of a young stag with white wings.

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "It means 'calming' or 'peaceful'. I believe the Truths are a guiding path of both your desire to know more of yourself and of what surrounds you. To find a truth about yourself, whether one that surprises you, pleases you or frustrates and disappoints you is where 'Serene' comes to play, as this truth is meant to calm you-- in the sense that you accept it for what it is, do not allow it to define you if you seek to alter it, and if perhaps a truth that you are pleased with, you make the time to allow the outer you reflect what you have discovered of the inner you."

Suddenly, you say, "I like that." The faeling's cudgel swings a small circle about her as she carries herself in a twirl of excitement to what she's heard. "A river knows what it is, but a river can change, too. Maybe in accordance with what its greatest truth is. I like it."

Orimi's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "You are considering a God or Goddess to follow?"

You have emoted: Lief bites lightly on the inside of her cheek, considering. A hand reaches up to scratch at one of her antlers, and she says, "I wasn't before, but I like Lady Maylea. Meeting Her was...She is very kind, even to the smallest. Just like you! And Thetis had me thinking harder about myself, and I think..."

Orimi ponders the situation.

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Who is Thetis?"

You say, "Oh, the Thistledown! I met...her?...the same time I met Lady Maylea, and she is curious, and bright, and thoughtful, and playful, too."

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Oh-- oh my."

Orimi's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

You flit about happily.

You beam broadly at Orimi.

You ask Orimi, "If I wanted to dedicate myself to Lady Maylea's truths, how would I seek the way?"

You tilt your head curiously at Orimi.

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Simply speak with either Barrin or Lendren."

You nod your head affirmatively.

You say, "Easy enough!"

You beam broadly.

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Both are my Lady's Phrases and are able to bring you into the Yneli."

You nod your head enthusiastically at Orimi.

Orimi's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Mahin stretches languidly.

Orimi giggles happily.

Orimi pets Mahin ingratiatingly.

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Tidings, little vixen."

You have emoted: Lief's attention flits to the fox as Orimi pets her, eyes bright with curiosity.

Mahin curls her snout into a grin. "I thought I heard a voice of familiar resonance nearby..."

Her lithe frame muscled and lean, this fox is covered with a thick coat of fur as white as unblemished snow, touched with a rose tint that highlights her ears, her four dainty paws, and the shaggy tip of each of her nine luxurious tails. Narrow grey lines scroll aimlessly across her vulpine face, giving it a depth of expression unknown to normal foxes. Her cunning eyes are diverging colours, one sky blue and the other warm brown, and contain a boundless intelligence that leaves the distinct impression that she has seen much and missed nothing.

Mahin has an air of extreme strength.

She weighs about 6 pounds.

You cannot see what Mahin is holding.

It has the following aliases: fox, vixen, mahin.

Orimi giggles happily.

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "I'll be certain to whisper softer next time!"

Mahin laughs in a cascade of little yips.

Mahin sniffs you, trying to decipher just what that smell emanating from you is.

You have emoted: Lief's eyes flick from Mahin to a young stag with white wings, suddenly studying him suspiciously. "You aren't going to start talking on me, too, are you?"

Mahin says, "Hmm.."

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Mahin, this is Lief. Lief, meet Mahin- a very-- she's playful and feisty, a special nine-tailed fox."

Orimi nods her head emphatically.

You have emoted: As she lacks a proper verbal answer from the young stag, Lief's wings let her lower nearer to the ground, and she flashes Mahin a smile.

You say, "It's very nice to meet you!"

Curling her tails around herself, Mahin tries her best to look playful and feisty.

Orimi giggles happily.

Mahin swishes her nine luxurious tails back and forth, brushing the ground about her.

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says to Mahin, "What brings you to the forest this evening?"

Legs curling beneath her so that she kneels, even as she hovers, you say, "You must be a very intelligent fox, too."

Licking her lips, Mahin says, "Food."

You cast a suspicious eye about your surroundings.

Mahin says to you, "Thank you."

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Planning to hunt it yourself or shall I go fetch you a rabbit?"

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Or perhaps goat?"

Orimi giggles happily.

You have emoted: Lief covers her mouth with surprise.

Mahin licks her lips.

Mahin says, "I think I will hunt myself for now."

Mahin slinks sneakily between your legs, sniffing carefully.

Mahin says, "Hmm.."

You have emoted: Lief bites the inside of her lower lip worriedly.

Mahin winks conspiratorially at you.

With a flick of her nine tails, a vixen disappears.

Orimi giggles happily.

You whisper to Orimi, "Phew - I thought she was going to try to take my companion's stash of food from me."

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "She's harmless, even when she grins wide with those sharp teeth of hers."

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Oh, she prefers fresh caught food."

Orimi giggles happily.

You have emoted: "Not faeling, I hope!" Lief's eyes widen.

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Rabbits and goat, that I know of!"

You have emoted: For the second time, Lief utters a relieved, "Phew."

You say, "How curious, though! From where does she hail, do you suppose?"

You have emoted: Lief's antlered head cants curiously.

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens whispers, "She speaks often with my Lady, I'd imagine after a trek through the lands, relaying back things she's seen and heard."

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "There is a writing about her origins somewhere--."

You have emoted: Lief's eyes widen before they blink, and she covers a little giggle of surprise. "She is like a spy for Her!"

Orimi giggles happily.

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Perhaps!"

Orimi ponders the situation.

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "If you seek to follow Her, you are welcome to send a prayer directly to Her."

Orimi's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

You have emoted: A young stag with white wings steps carefully forward, taking advantage of Lief's lowered height to crane his head and nibble at her hair.

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "She enjoys prayers, letters--."

You have emoted: Lief peers at a young stag with white wings over her shoulder, reaching out to give the creature a long-suffering shove at his nose. "None of that," she mutters to him, wings buzzing her higher into the air, once more out of reach.

Orimi giggles happily.

You say to Orimi, "That might be faster. I don't think I've ever met Lendren, and I've heard Barrin only briefly. He must be about when I'm deeper in meditation."

You smile and say, "I think I shall pray."

Orimi's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Are you able to find Her fulcrux?"

You say, "I don't think I've ever been to one before!"

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Ah, all right!"

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Would you care to pray to Her now?"

You nod your head affirmatively.

Orimi's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

[[movement]]

The Fulcrux of Maylea.

Branches twine overhead, the ambient light filtering through the thick, vibrant green canopy to dapple this copse of young beeches in flecks of brilliant gold. In the shade cast by the leaves, bluebells have grown across the ground so thickly that the sky might be dwelling underneath the trees. Each delicate blossom shimmers faintly with a hidden power, beautiful and ethereal in nature. Where the beeches stand aside to form a grove of vibrant blue, the flowers soften each footstep to a whisper of sound, and even the trees seem to bow quietly towards the shrine placed at its centre, which is what adorned by a single, golden peach. Outside of the grove, the bluebells fall away gracefully from a colourful path of vibrant, low-lying wildflowers that passes seamlessly into the aether. Light arcs across the surface of a standing stone at the centre of the grove, bending in shifting patterns of colour. A young stag with white wings wanders about here, his head held regally. Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens is here. She wields a mystic cudgel in her left hand.

You see a single exit leading through a path of wildflowers.

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Here we are."

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "You are able to use this fulcrux to pray directly to Her."

You have emoted: Lief's wings hum as she slowly nods, gaze sweeping slowly about her surroundings, taking everything in. "Thank you," she says to Orimi - something about this place seems to inspire her to quiet her voice. Still, she smiles, and then she beams. "Thank you."

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Shall I leave you to it or would you care for me to wait for you?"

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "Your prayers are not overheard by others."

Quietly, you say to Orimi, "I need time to gather my thoughts. I wouldn't make you wait unless you wanted to."

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says, "I mind not waiting. I can gather my thoughts together for my other duties while I wait."

Orimi's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

You have emoted: Lief's wings again lower her, this time letting her feet barely skim the tops of the blossoms as she studies them. An absent nod, she directs toward Orimi as she stores away the cudgel she nigh-always seems to clutch.

You cease wielding a mystic cudgel in your left hand.

Leaves unfurl as new bluebells slowly open to drink in the magic of this place.

You have emoted: Eyes halfway lidded, Lief sucks in a slow breath from this place, and like the flowers and trees seem to do, she turns her body toward the light-covered shrine in the grove. Cast in gentle, dappled shadows beneath the leaves of trees, she bows her head in quiet prayer, hands clasping themselves over her lap.

Kneeling humbly, you press your palms together before you and close your eyes momentarily as you pray devoutly to Maylea, Bloom of Serenity, "Lady Maylea, despite being a Listener, I'm not very good at prayer. I'm not certain what I'm very good at doing, honestly, but talking with others has made me think, and thinking makes me want to act. I have heard of the Nine Serene Truths, and of finding one's greatest truth, and I have heard of serenity and acceptance and learning and growing. I would be very happy learning myself, and I think I would be very happy learning myself through You, if You would accept one too young and eager to have much to offer but her earnestness.".

The air swirls with prismatic colour as a soft, insightful voice says, "Oh, little one.... Hello."

You have emoted: Lief's lashes flutter open with surprise. "Ah! Hello!" she says, grey eyes searching.

The air swirls with prismatic colour as a soft, insightful voice says, "And I see Orimi with you as well. Hello, My dears."

You have emoted: Lief's wings thrum with her excitement and, beneath it, a smidgen of disbelief. They carry her nearer to Orimi, whose shoulder she lightly taps as she whispers to her, "I've never had a prayer heard before!"

A broad smile splayed across her face as she turns back to face the shrine, you say, "I'm so happy to hear You again, Lady Maylea!"

The air swirls with prismatic colour as a soft, insightful voice says, "Thank you for your words, Lief. I still remember your time upon the stage of the game. It was a delightful diversion."

You nod your head enthusiastically.

Orimi's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens says to you, "I'll be outside waiting, so you have a moment to speak with Her."

With a flourish of her arm, Orimi bows deeply.

The light shifts through the canopy overhead and moves across the forest floor in dappled streaks of gold.

Her gaze skipping to one side, you say, "I remember being afraid before, with...with, well, the others there, too. And with Her." She leaves the 'Her' unidentified, verbally. "But You were strong without being...I don't know. Without being like rock, like some people think of 'strong'."

The air swirls with prismatic colour as a soft, insightful voice says, "The tree bends, but does not break. For that is the Way of the Blossom. I have no resentment against the rock. Do you think Me strong?"

Quickly, you say, "Not that there is anything wrong with being like rock when being strong, but I'm not like rock, either." She bites on her bottom lip, slowing her words and her thoughts. "I would like to be strong, but I don't think someone like me can be very good at being rock. You were inspiring, and I think there is a special strength in that, too."

You have emoted: "You made me think that maybe I can be strong without changing who I am." Lief's wings lower her once more, nearer to the flowers beneath her without touching them.

The air swirls with prismatic colour as a soft, insightful voice says, "You begin to know yourself, little one. And I find you as a budded bloom before Mine eyes. Who knows what colours your blossoming brings?"

The air swirls with prismatic colour as a soft, insightful voice says, "You seek, then, the Nine Truths and the Way?"

You have emoted: Lief's smile grows softer, her gaze unfocusing, as though she might be envisioning the very colours spoken of. The next question then brings her back into focus, and she nods vigorously. "I do, Lady Maylea."

The air swirls with prismatic colour as a soft, insightful voice says, "Come then. Approach and find conviction."

A cascade of peach blossoms drift from overhead, borne by a wild breeze that whip them up into a swirl around you.

Maylea baptises you into the Yneli of the Divine Order of Maylea, Bloom of Serenity.

(Yneli): Maylea says, "Lief is Yneli to Me. Welcome, dear one."

You have emoted: Though she spends most of her time afloat, Lief finally lets her feet touch earth in here, basking in the blossoms which swirl about her. A beam spreads across her lips once more.

With a sound like a long sigh, the breeze passes, and the petals fall to the ground, to lose themselves among the wildflowers.

Orimi tells you, "The first two scrolls you'll wish to read are OHELP YNELI and OHELP WAYBLOSSOM."

The air swirls with prismatic colour as a soft, insightful voice says, "Your path is long, and mentors few. But if you find Orimi one from whom you can learn, she can guide you to learn of yourself and to learn of Me."

Nodding her antlered head brightly, you say, "Wonderful! I will speak with her more, Lady Maylea. Thank You again - I feel blessed to be on such a long path."

You smile and say, "I've found my first steps, and that is wonderful as well."

The air swirls with prismatic colour as a soft, insightful voice says, "I pray that My shrines are stepping stones to greater vibrancy for you, My dear."

You tell Voice in the Wilderness, Orimi Ladyn, of the Green Fens, "Thank you! I will read them. Lady Maylea says I may learn from you and seek guidance from you to learn our ways further, given that we have few mentors available."

You have emoted: Lief's legs move in a light-footed twirl upon the earth. "And I will pray, too, but not too much to talk Your ears off," she promises.


ohelp wayblossom

Composed by: Maylea

Composed on: 24th of Estar, 474 CE


THE WAY OF THE BLOSSOM


[redacted reading]


Orimi tells you, "All right. I will do my best to help guide you along the way!"

You have emoted: After some time in reading, Lief lets her wings lift her from the ground once more. She makes her way down the path Orimi had treaded, and seems almost surprised to find a young stag with white wings still there. "Hello," she smiles quietly at him, giving his forehead an affectionate rub. "Off we go."

A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."

~

Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
Sign In or Register to comment.