Statue maintenance and fixing the issues.

Statue maintenance is horrible for a few reasons. Upkeeping takes 1 marble every ~150 game months per statue. Most cities have around 250-300 statues. Enchanting statues takes around 15 minutes to do and nearly every command breaks concentration. If a city needs to replace a lot of statues, this can easily be many RL days enchanters have to take enchanting statues. So, this is what I would like to see changed:

1) A centralized location for upkeeping statues as well as instantly creating, enchanting, and affixing runes to statues. Having a command, in one room, to upkeep all statues at once would help with a lot of this. Having a command to fully create (make, enchant, affix runes) a statue without having to spend 15 minutes on each also would help greatly. Ideally, we would be able to get a listing of all statues in the city and any locations that are missing a statue as well with a command as well.
2) While more of a flavor change, having city statues have a 'default' appearance. This can be something unique to the city in question with the ability to use sketches to change the appearance of a statue (or toggle it back to the default).

Comments

• Or perhaps a small pool of types for an org, like how each kind of druid has three randomized kinds of statue!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    It takes 15 minutes to enchant one statue?! Crikey.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    That was my reaction as well. And you apparently can’t talk or chat on aethers while you’re doing it because it’s a channeled action disrupted by any other action. Just lousy old-fashioned design in dire need of an update.  :o
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited August 2019
    Idea: make statue enchantments instantaneous, but uses charges, and you re-up charges by shoving powerstones into the statues. Statues use one charge per weave.

Add an ability to security that spends power to upkeep all the statues in the city for 1 power per 10-12 months per statue, so long as that statue is below 100 months left. Brings these statues to 100 months.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • I do like the idea of generic statues. Sometimes there are just weird or unfitting statues throughout the city and spending the time the take them down is tedious.