Announce Post #2962: Introducing Aonia

Hello, Lusternia.

I want to begin by saying that I am deeply honoured by the trust that has been placed in me by Ianir and Orael. But most of all, I am honoured to stand beside the heart of Havens - its incredible volunteers - as we begin to lead Estarra's great legacy onwards into the future.

I joined Lusternia as a player in 2007, and as many of us do, quickly fell head over heels in love. Here was a world that was deep, and beautiful, and full of people who wanted to tell stories within it. I couldn't get enough - but not only that, Lusternia truly changed my life by providing me a safe place to love and laugh and dream.

This year - in fact, this very week! - marks my fifth year as a member of the Havens team. In those years I have served in two different Divine roles, and built several quests both major and minor. One of my greatest loves has been running events, and I have been lucky enough to get the opportunity to help create everything from small releases to many Ascension-causing catastrophes.

I have also served as the co-lead of several volunteer departments, including (but not limited to) helping to oversee Ephemeral development, helping manage customer service, and reviewing volunteer progs and creations. Outside of Lusternia I am a published author and poet, currently studying for a MA in Creative Writing with the intention to pursue a PhD in the same field.

My purpose and duties are mostly things that you will not see directly - but in essence, I oversee anything that falls into the remit of story and lore. This can be anything from events, to building project proposals, to supporting new Gods in taking up their roles. I consider my primary role to be that of a facilitator - I am here to help our volunteers do what they do best. That said, if you ever have any concerns regarding Lusternia's story or lore, you are welcome to email me at aonia@lusternia.com.

Aonia

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I do have a question for you!
    Something that has been a common problem with Lusternia is periods of divine drought in specific organizations (long times where, due to various reasons, the orgs just end up not seeing much attention).  Gaudiguch recently raised this and they've been getting some much-needed response.
    Does your role also include monitoring this issue and helping make sure that there aren't segments of the population being "left out," or is it more of facilitating what already exists?
    Divine interaction/events are one of the big appeals of Lusternia imo, so if there is a plan to help make sure that all parties see something, I think that would be great.
    I have no doubts as to your ability whatsoever, this seems like a good call.  But, as you know, I tend to focus on details!
    I totally and absolutely agree with not forcing people to play a God they don't feel happy with.  My general thought for a long time has been related to the "second side" as you put it; being encouraged to reach out and make the game more lively for everyone benefits everyone imo.
    I appreciate your already thinking of these and reaching out, because it has been something running around in my mind for a while. <3
  • First off, congratulations on your new position! I can't think of anyone more suited for the role, and I look forward to seeing (more of) your work in the future.

The shoes you're filling are pretty big ones. Do you forsee any particular difficulties ahead in trying to keep future events...for lack of a better term,  interesting? What sort of plans do you presently have to keep us hooked? 
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • While I don't debate the quality of lore itself, there have always been a few things that I personally have disliked. While more comment than question, if you did have any plans on addressing these things, I would like to hear it.:

1) Various stories of areas seem to be mostly isolated.  They might have some connection to some other place (like these people traveled from X org), but often times this is just some backend note that you can easily overlook.
    2) A lot of areas just pop up. There doesn't really have much in way of explaining why these areas haven't been found before. With various methods of flying and exploring, there shouldn't be a reason how these areas hide.
    3) Similarly, a lot of areas have these over the top stories. I guess this is a byproduct of areas always having a quest in them. Things I have always wanted to see are new areas that just exist. No dark plots to summon evil gods. No one trying to poison someone. Just some area that doesn't have problems only us players have to fix.

• Any comments are really useful, even if they don't have questions - this is the sort of feedback we don't often receive, and it's good to bear in mind. We obviously do not see our work from your point of view, so having insight into how people feel about the presentation/realisation of the gameworld is invaluable.

This is the sort of thing that people are always welcome to email me. I won't always be able to give an answer in instances like this where there's not so much of a question, but it is a means by which to ensure your perspective is heard.

Thank you!
    Art by the wonderful Gurashi.
    How do I go about getting Jairkak permanently obliterated? :p
  • *spits*
    Art by the wonderful Gurashi.