Ibrahan and the Engine at Chaos

I loved this interaction during a Chaos Domoth a few days back! There was a bunch of hampster death, so I edited that out so there would not be purple goo anywhere. Thank you to @Morgfyre (I think!) for toddling along and really giving me the best time. Thanks to @Shango, @Ixion, @Inanna, and @Ilthilior for the fun too!
<div><br></div>Ibrahan d'Lardick peers about himself unscrupulously.<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "Claiming a Domoth, of course."<br>&nbsp;<br>Ilthilior n'Lochli says, "Mister d'Lardick."<br><br>Ilthilior n'Lochli says, "A pleasure as always."<br><br>You incline your head politely to Ibrahan d'Lardick.<br>Ibrahan d'Lardick raises an eyebrow at you.<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "Or rather the Powers associated to it by<br>bonding Ixion's essence to it."<br><br>Comprehension flashes across Ibrahan d'Lardick's face.<br><br>You say, "Good evening, Lord d'Lardick."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "Seems terribly dangerous."<br><br>Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Ahh hello crazy Ibrahan."<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "Can be."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick wrings his hands fitfully.<br><br>Feyr stares at Ibrahan d'Lardick with a slight frown upon his features.<br>Ibrahan d'Lardick sweats profusely and wrings his hands nervously.<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "You are in good company at least, fairly secure here."<br><br><br>[LOOK IBRAHAN]<br><br>This viscanti gentleman is noticeably slight of stature, rising but shoulder-height to most of his kind. His skin is thin and mottled with age, though leathery wrinkles mark the corners of his piercing, ice-blue eyes. Rather pale in complexion, an attempt to correct this has been made in the form of rosy powder applied to his cheeks, granting the illusion of warmth. His hair is both curly and flyaway, styled into a semblance of a neat coif that frames his head - a warm, russet orange at his scalp that fades into a pale white-pink at the extremity of the style. A perfectly-waxed mustache and bushy beard, pomaded into two well-kempt tufts, partially obscure the vague smile he wears at all times. He is garbed in a three-piece suit; his jacket and slacks are of black broadcloth inlaid with a shimmering emerald tweed pattern, while his vest is starkly, deeply sanguine in hue, a golden watchchain hanging atop a build that is stout bordering portly. A monocle is firmly set upon one eye, a gilded ouroboros forming the frame containing a green-tinted lens.<br>Ibrahan d'Lardick has an air of extreme strength.<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "Oh, yes, yes, quite, I'm certain."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "Wouldn't be safe if I weren't in safe company, I suppose, yes?"<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "Indeed."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "Then again, the gnomes are apparently safe - or they know where the safe is- still."<br><br>Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "It's safe to say that, sure."<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine smiles with a wink and says, "Powers of Earth and Nil protect us, rest assured."<br><br>Ilthilior n'Lochli says, "I believe they are both safe and have a safe."<br><br>Ilthilior n'Lochli says, "Newt's a greedy bastard."<br><br>You smile and say, "What brings you to us this evening?"<br><br>Ixion brings his fingers together to reverently form the unbroken circle of the Ouroboros.<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "Goodness, yes, well, I was seeking inspiration for the latest addition to<br>my gallery, you know, yes."<br><br>You tilt your head curiously.<br><br>Feyr strikes a pose in front of Ibrahan d'Lardick.<br>Ibrahan d'Lardick raises an eyebrow at Feyr.<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "And naturally there was a bit of noise, and I thought, certainly, something interesting must be nearby."<br><br>Ilthilior licks a double-bladed Ouroborian axe.<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "For if it's interesting, then it's not not interesting, and only<br>interesting things provide enough interest to create something worthwhile, you see?"<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick creases his brow in a frown.<br><br>Ilthilior n'Lochli says, "Certainly, I can see."<br><br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "True indeed. Though depending on how you look upon a thing, all things are interesting."<br><br><br>Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "The High Priest here just forged a new axe. I'd imagine he<br>would pose with it for you gladly."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick ponders Ilthilior thoughtfully, looking him up and down.<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "Quite interesting, yes."<br><br>You say to Ibrahan d'Lardick, "A gallery? How wonderful, I'd hope we'd get an invitation? Of course, I've seen many beautiful pieces about the city these days. I thought they were from you."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick blinks incredulously at you.<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "Oh, no no no no no. My works are carefully reserved, you see, yes."<br><br>(Clocktalk): 16 Tzarin 543 CE<br>(Clocktalk): The time is now midnight. A new day has begun.<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "Pity, means I wouldn't be able to see<br>them, mm?"<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "One must find the most opportune time to evoke emotion, yes, otherwise it<br>is quite useless, as any other time would not be the right time."<br><br>You say to Ibrahan d'Lardick, "I suppose that is the crux of it then, my Lord. The right time will<br>be when?"<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "I cannot very well say who would see them, you see, as I can see them, but I don't know whether you shall see them."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "The proper time is not now, and it is not then, but it might very well be<br>when."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "It is rather difficult to pinpoint these things, you see, yes."<br><br>You ponder the situation.<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick nods his head sagely.<br><br>You say to Ibrahan d'Lardick, "I should hope so. Such genius should not be wasted, it should be<br>channelled for all to enjoy."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "Genius? Genius, no, simply inspiration. What is presented is reflected, of course, and what is reflected is then presented again, you see? A circle."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick nods his head sagely.<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick brings his fingers together to reverently form the unbroken circle of the<br>Ouroboros.<br><br>You say to Ibrahan d'Lardick, "Do you take residency at the Lord Legion's realm per chance? I have been quite fond of the paintings there."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "Why, certainly, yes, I've a lovely gallery in the Palace. A shame no one<br>has been to see it, or perhaps it has not seen them."<br><br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "I surmise it is likely due to the deadly spike pits that surround the<br>gallery, as I now think of it."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick sucks thoughtfully on his teeth.<br><br>You say, "What is a little art, without some danger, after all."<br><br>Brightly, eyebrows raising, Ibrahan d'Lardick exclaims, "Ah, you understand!"<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick claps his hands together merrily.<br><br>Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Then there's probably a painting that's just a mirror,<br>showing them in a spike pit, and beside that is a painting of someone dying in a spike pit."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "Ah, yes, poor Gerald."<br><br>You say to Ixion, "That sounds rather introspective."<br><br>Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Gerald.. that's a d'Murani name I've not heard in quite some<br>time."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "He shall be missed, but he did rather save me from seeking more redtint<br>that day."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick exclaims, "Quite fortunate, in a way, one supposes, yes!"<br><br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "Now, to these hamsters. One must understand what one is attempting to<br>capture in an immortalising work, you see?"<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "What the devil are they?"<br><br>You say, "Vessels of chaos, of course."<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine smiles with a wink and says, "Nasty ones at<br>that, given the afflictions their bites can give. But nothing compared to the big one at least."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "How inexorably curious. What about them is chaotic, particularly? I have<br>heard of similar beasts of i'Xiia stock."<br><br>Shango lifts his chin and gazes imperiously about the room with a smug half-smile and all the<br>arrogance his race is known for.<br><br>Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Embodiment of chaos, of course. Domothean energies congeals<br>into critters, not terribly unlike regular hamsters seen around the basin."<br><br>With a small laugh, you say to Ibrahan d'Lardick, "They're imbued with the domothean energy of the<br>Chaos Seal."<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "Two heads, purple, ethereal powers of<br>chaotic energies itself made manifest into a physical vessel...quite different than the mutations <br>the i'Xiia can produce."<br><br>You nod your head at Ixion, showing your acceptance.<br>&nbsp;<br>Ibrahan d'Lardick blinks.<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "How utterly anticlimactic."<br><br>Ilthilior n'Lochli says, "More like an astral creature."<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "Given that when slain, their corpses last<br>a tad longer than a normal creature of flesh and blood..safe to assume these are just <br>manifestations."<br><br>Ilthilior n'Lochli says, "Actually. Exactly like that."<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "For you."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick rubs his chin thoughtfully, raises his eyebrow and says, "I see..."<br><br>Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "The Domotheos critters are probably baby squirrels or<br>something innocuous before Kethuru slaps some soulless void-shite at them, and bam, Chaos Hamsters."<br><br>You nod your head emphatically.<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "This is sure to assist with my reference, I imagine, yes."<br><br>You say, "A good enough theory, gentlemen."<br><br>You say to Ibrahan d'Lardick, "A reference, of what pray tell?"<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick blinks incredulously at you.<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "Mm...I imagine more spiritual remainders<br>of long gone creatures. But doubtful to be specifically squirrels, heh."<br><br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "I haven't the slightest, you see. It's not as though I've a canvas handy."<br><br>Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Hamster, squirrel, baby rat, traditional Shadowdancer- all<br>equally weak and annoying."<br><br>Cutting the wood into sturdy boards, you assemble a frame. You then stretch the cloth over the frame<br>until you have a perfect canvas, suitable for painting a work of art.<br><br>You give a blank canvas to Ibrahan d'Lardick.<br><br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "Canvas for you."<br><br>Comprehension flashes across Ibrahan d'Lardick's face.<br><br>You say, "There you are, my Lord. Unless you wish for some stretched cherub-skin."<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "I may not indulge often, but rounding out<br>oneself in all aspects of existence...artistic venues included...does come with the pursuit of <br>mastery."<br><br><br>Ixion lifts up a wizzer image box and points it at Ibrahan d'Lardick, pulling a lever on the side of<br>the contraption. It begins to click and whirr, and a bulb rises up from the contraption. With a <br>bright flash, you find yourself blinded momentarily. As your vision recovers, you notice a piece of <br>paper floating into Ixion's hands from the machine.<br><br>Ilthilior n'Lochli says, "As if the traditional shadowdancer is on the same level as the other<br>things."<br><br>"Hmph!" Ilthilior snorts at Ixion.<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "Well, this is terribly convenient. It is not often one is given the<br>opportunity to engage in...live-fire painting."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick glances askance.<br><br>"Heh heh heh" Ixion chuckles.<br><br>Your eyes twinkle enchantingly.<br><br>You say to Ibrahan d'Lardick, "Fire painting? I've not had the pleasure of observing the method."<br><br>Shango massages his temples, his patience visibly wearing thin.<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "He means painting whilst 'under fire'<br>from potential aggression from his subject matter."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick withdraws a clattering assemblage of worn tins containing various tints and hues<br>that somehow springs apart, incongruously balanced on one hip.<br><br>You look thoughtful and say to Shango, "Well, either sounds lovely."<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "Mm."<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "He'd need planks of freshly cut wood,<br>still living, to do the other method."<br><br>Ilthilior visibly goes to check his traps to make sure that they're still properly set up. Yep,<br>still good.<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick holds a canvas up, examining it meditatively, and releases it from his grip as he<br>fumbles in his robes for a paintbrush. The canvas, strangely, seems perfectly content to hang in the air as it's been left.<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "Since the wood can be burnt without<br>catching fire, hardens far better than even stone when treated just right."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick whips his paintbrush across the floating canvas in a frenzy, pausing occasionally<br>to dip into his array of tints.<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick ponders the situation.<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "Ah, yes, yes."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick considers the half-finished painting carefully before dipping his brush in a tin<br>of violently purple colouring, attacking the canvas in great, sweeping strikes.<br><br><br>[DOMOTH CONCLUDES]<br><br>Ilthilior n'Lochli says, "I must appreciate the spontaneity."<br><br>Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Thanks all."<br><br>Ixion gives the world a smart salute.<br><br>Ixion claims the Incoherent Crown of Chaos from the Domotheos of Chaos.<br><br><br><br>Feyr leaves, following Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade.<br><br>You say, "Of course."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "Ah, ah, a moment."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "Such a safe victory must be commemorated, no?"<br><br>Shango nods his head sagely.<br><br>Ixion calls a major blessing of the Domotheos of Chaos down upon the Grand Dominion of Magnagora.<br><br>Ilthilior enthuses, "Sure!"<br><br>Vatul remains, and curiously looks to the canvas.<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick carefully hands a painting of the Engine at Chaos to Ilthilior.<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "Do take care where you place that, as it's liable to remain for some time."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "You performed so admirably, you see, and quite deserve something for it, I<br>should say."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says to Ilthilior, "Do recall that you are more than welcome to call for me at any<br>time, yes, should you require an official portrait of office made, mm?"<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick gives a nervous grin, wringing his hands.<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "Mm. Claiming Death would make for a scene<br>I'd love in a similar bent...perhaps once such inspiration can be provided."<br><br>Ilthilior n'Lochli says, "I may hang this in my office."<br><br>Ilthilior's eyes sparkle with amusement.<br><br>Ilthilior n'Lochli says, "The thought is appreciated."<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick exclaims, "I shall relish the opportunity to assist once more, should inspiration strike!"<br><br>Shango nods his head sagely.<br><br>You nod your head in agreement.<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "Do you need a lift back down to Prime?"<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "The Portal here has closed after all."<br><br>You tilt your head curiously at Ilthilior.<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick ponders the situation.<br><br>Ibrahan d'Lardick says, "That's a lovely question, I suppose, yes."<br><br>Shango makes a beckoning motion to no-one in particular.<br><br>Bowing lowly with a flourish, Ibrahan d'Lardick glances upward at you, grinning slyly. He suddenly<br>splits down the middle, as though cracked in half, and his form dissolves into fine runnels of sand quickly whipped into nothingness by a sudden wind.<br><br>Shango idly twitches his tail.<br><br>Primarch Shango D'Cente, Dark Animus of the Machine says, "Better skilled than I assumed, heh. Very good trick."<br><br>Shango doffs the Holy Helm of Avechna cordially.<br><br>You say, "What a most curious gentleman."<br><br>Ilthilior n'Lochli says, "Spontaneous."<br><br>You say, "Yes, spontaneous."<br><br>You follow Ilthilior n'Lochli to the Aetherplex Chamber.<br><br><br>[BACK AT THE MEGALITH]<br><br>You say to Ilthilior, "Might I get a look at it? I always enjoy seeing new works."<br><br>Shifting and rumbling underfoot, the earth itself trembles in the grasp of vast Geomantic powers.<br><br>Ilthilior n'Lochli says, "I did show it off."<br><br>You blink.<br><br>Ilthilior proudly shows off a painting of the Engine at Chaos:<br>A dark background shot through with veins of azure and violet comprises the setting of this piece, silvery lines creating a network of labyrinthine tunnels reminiscent of the gnomish Facility. At the centre of the field, huddled together, are a contingent of dark figures. Ilthilior n'Lochli rises at the centre, wielding a massive Ouroborian battleaxe, features twisted in a barbaric war cry. Flanking him are Shango D'Cente, Geomantic staff raised to ward off an attack, and Vatul Feyranti, violin poised expertly at her shoulder. To the foreground of the painting, Kalas Ixion and Inanna lunge forward, jakari chains twisting madly through the air against their foes. The antagonizing party is depicted at great extent through the perimeter of the painting as a number of violently purple hamsters, each possessing two heads drooling acidic green saliva. Trapped in a moment of triumph, the very air about this painting is warped and twisted, as though the act of depicting Chaos itself has imbued the painting with some strange energy.<br><br><br>You say, "I must have not seen it. I was a bit oblivious."<br><br>Your eyes twinkle enchantingly.<br><br>Applauding softly, you say, "Oh how wonderful!"<br><br>Ilthilior nods his head enthusiastically.<br><br>You say to Ilthilior, "You really should hang it in your office."

The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
theatre due to the snowy weather.
Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
hungering malice.