Festival of Spring, 546 CE

edited December 2019 in Event Scrolls
Thank you everyone who attended the Festival of Spring opening rites! Here is the log for people who couldn't make it. I started it as people were arriving, so you'll need to scroll down a bit until "Pysynne slowly walks to the raised stone platform and turns to the assembled crowd." if you want to skip ahead to the speech and actual rite.

https://pastebin.com/GyehrzXM - opening rites

Thank you too to @Pysynne, @Sondayga, @Maylea, and any other admin behind the scenes who may have helped with building, coding, dealing with all of our asks, and helping to bring everything together! I look forward to these next few days. :blush:

I'll add on future logs here over the next few days!

Added: here are additional logs!

https://ada-young.com/pastebin/Evb2N1cv - lantern lighting ceremony
https://pastebin.com/3W4Jum64 - wine tasting event
Farewell to Winter - Gurashi's viewpoint from the festival bonfire and feast!
https://pastebin.com/rhB0V9ER - Lief's perspective from the bonfire dance and feast!
Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
~
A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
~
Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."

Comments

• I'm so glad I got to be there! It was a lot of fun and I'm so grateful to everyone who worked on it.
  • Wowee way to pull my heart strings - the lantern releasing ceremony with everyone saying what they're letting go was just oof. Big tears. Glad the festival is so far amazing!
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    You guys are putting a lot of pressure on me. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    You guys are putting a lot of pressure on me. 
    I know that pressure.

Today's event is going to be wine and art, and I feel like expectations are so high I had to redo the wine tasting part of it to keep living up to them. :D
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
    Let's see... Halli's next refounding festival is 553, so I have a little time. 
    I used to make cakes.

What’s on the ticket tonight, because I’m sure af going to be there. ;_;
    I used to make cakes.

• Dancing the Seren way! :grin:

Some people may or may not be skyclad, who knows.

We've got a nice speech planned, gonna wing the food/beg @Jolanthe for help again, and invite the whole Basin over, so everyone get your pearls emote ready for your enemies. I promise we I won't be burning down the festival grounds with everyone there, too.
    ~
    ~
    edited November 2019
    I done did a gryphon dance. But I'm going to have to see the log to comprehend anything else that happened during that event. I felt about as lost as I do in PK. :D 
    I used to make cakes.

• I'll be posting logs later today or maybe tomorrow! I know @Gurashi is editing some too.
    ~
    ~
  • It's true! I have a cleaned up log from Gurashi's POV of the party!! There were drums! There was dancing! There was seducing! There were ... unexpected feelings.

Farewell to Winter

I'm looking forward to what you post @Lief, since I left the bonfire early to investigate Tridemon and Xenthos's mischief and wound up hanging out with two (eventually, briefly, three) very sweet NPCs.
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

I thought I was going to get to talk to the Liar but then they flipped out on Shango.  :D
    I used to make cakes.

• Thank you so much @Gurashi, I will add yours to the master post up top when I have a moment!

Ships I did not expect to have after the dance, but now firmly support and will die for: Gurashi and Duethielle, Binky and the Liar, Daem and Valonah (canon already but goodness those two are so sweet!)
    ~
    ~
  • Lief said:
    Thank you so much @Gurashi, I will add yours to the master post up top when I have a moment!

Ships I did not expect to have after the dance, but now firmly support and will die for: Gurashi and Duethielle, Binky and the Liar, Daem and Valonah (canon already but goodness those two are so sweet!)
    The official ship names are: Gurathielle, Binkar and Daelonah haha (agree with that last note, Daem and Valonah are so sweet together)

• https://pastebin.com/rhB0V9ER

Lief's POV from the bonfire dance and feast! Includes some tells conversations, everybody arriving, and what happened at the bonfire after Gurashi went to chase his dreams go shopping.
    ~
    ~