So a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Deep Blue Cathedral (Or, The Shofet Caper)

Black sand swirls through the air in ever-increasing speed, illuminated by scarlet lightning as Mysrai,
the Shofet of Abyssal Scales turns Their attention to the First World once more.

Naralis shouts, "HARE MYSRAI!!"

A charge of energy flows through your soul.

The chaotic sandstorm lingers above Avechna's peak for a moment before moving southwest and descending
over the City of New Celest.

The Flame of Glinshari erupts with columns of blue flames that shimmer across the Serenwilde Forest.

Inexplicably, a cohesive bubble of water meanders by, small floating drips trailing after it.

Glorious rays of morning light burst forth from Father Sun's crown as it peeks over the world's edge,
announcing a bright and shining new dawn.

A chill runs through your spine as an alien presence briefly brushes against your mind, whispering
words in a tongue long dead that send shadows moving in your peripheral.

Lightning crashes to the ground towards the northeast of the city, near the Blue Cathedral.

(Celest): Gabe (from the Aetherways) says, "Did anyone else feel that?"

(Celest): Aknarin (from the Astral Plane) says, "Hrm? Currently on Astral so didn't notice anything up
here."

(Celest): Unitos (from the Astral Plane) says, "I assume you're not talking about the recoil from my
clock but that's all I felt."

Smiling at his surroundings, a pious merian enters from the east.

Off to see more of the city, a pious merian leaves to the east.

Inexplicably, a cohesive bubble of water meanders by, small floating drips trailing after it.

Wisps of fluffy cloud whirl in from the east, as Jhura materialises within the condensation.
Jhura dissolves into a bank of fluffy clouds which drift off to the west.

Wisps of fluffy cloud whirl in from the west, as Jhura materialises within the condensation.

Jhura dissolves into a bank of fluffy clouds which drift off to the east.

A kinswoman of New Celest quietly enters from the east.

Smiling at his surroundings, a pious merian enters from the east.

Done with her business here, a kinswoman of New Celest wanders to the east.

(Celest): Gabe (from the Aetherways) says, "No, I felt an alien presence in my mind."

(Celest): Gabe (from the Aetherways) says, "An ancient language whispering, there were shadows, and
then they were gone."

A kinswoman of New Celest quietly enters from the east.

Off to see more of the city, a pious merian leaves to the east.

(Celest): Unitos (from the Astral Plane) says, "Odd that it happened in a manse is equally odd."

On Nautilus Pompilus street, outside the Deep Blue Cathedral.
A calming warmth suffuses the surroundings, indicating a healing shrine of Valtreth nearby. This
location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. It is uncomfortably hot. A statue of Elohora 
stands here, memorializing her noble spirit. Orion, the Celestial Cat, idly flicks his tail as he 
surveys his surroundings. Mysrai, the Shofet of Abyssal Scales lingers between cracks in the aether 
here, surrounded by flickering images of sundered realities. They wield the Jackal's sceptre in Their 
left hand.
You see exits leading southeast, northwest, and in (open door).
Idly, Orion, the Celestial Cat turns his crystalline blue eyes to observe your entry.

(Celest): Gabe (from the Aetherways) says, "Yes.."

You blink.

You say, "Ah... Hello. ... Not exactly sure how to address You at present. ... Does Shofet work?"

Mysrai does not look up at your entrance, the constellations within Their eyes trailing along the
architecture of the Cathedral as They roll over the Jackal's sceptre in Their hands.

The sun reaches the zenith of the firmament, pausing in his quest to allow the land to bask in his
shining golden rays.

Somewhat transparent himself, Orion is surrounded by a faintly visible mist filled with twinkling
stars, the hallmark of those who belong to the Navigator. Aside from the mist, milky white fur covers 
his sleek, graceful body from the tip of his tail to just around his pert pink nose. Six long white 
whiskers jut out from each side of his face, drooping slightly downwards, creating an odd visual effect 
as the cat keeps his head permanently tilted back, likely to peer down his nose at his surroundings as 
cats are want to do. Above the whiskers, crystalline blue eyes maintain a steady, unblinking gaze which 
the cat directs at one thing and then another. Other than moving his head as his attention dictates, 
the only other major movement he constantly displays is the idle twitching of his long tail.
Orion, the Celestial Cat almost glows with nearly god-like power.
He weighs about 10 pounds.
He is loyal to the Divine Order of Darvellan, the Navigator.
You cannot see what Orion, the Celestial Cat is holding.
It has the following aliases: orion, cat.

(Celest): You say, "It's Orion and ... Divine Mysrai. Or Shofet Mysrai. I'm not sure of the appropriate
terminology at present."

A single, burning crimson hieroglyph searing the aether around Their muzzle, Mysrai, the Shofet of
Abyssal Scales says, "Yes."

Orion, the Celestial Cat flicks his long tail about idly, the tip twitching even when the tail stays
still.

(Celest): Gabe (from the Aetherways) says, "Orion?"

(Celest): You say, "The Lord Navigator's cat."

(Celest): Gabe (from the Aetherways) says, "Lovely name."

You say, "... Might I ask what Your interest in the Cathdral might be? It's just that our guildhall's
in there and it's still undergoing renovation..."

Sunlight reflects off the stained glass windows of the Deep Blue Cathedral, shining in the distance.

Orion, the Celestial Cat stands up slowly, stretches his left rear leg for a few seconds and then his
right leg for just a bit longer. Once done, he saunters over to you and rubs up against his leg.

Scarlet lightning illuminates your surroundings in a mixture of deep red and violet hues, interrupted
only by the black sand casting a grainy shadow over what they pass over.

Orion, the Celestial Cat tells you, "I trust you have eyes on the Shofet for a short period, hmmm?"

"You might," Mysrai says, and Their tone is almost disappointed as They finally turn Their gaze over to
you, fixing you with a cool stare that betrays no emotions. "It seems it is not just the young who feel 
the need to question the motives of Elders as though they are deserved answers."

Orion, the Celestial Cat turns to leave, stopping just short of departure to turn his head to look at
the Shofet for a few seconds before continuing his departure.

Apparently bored with events in this particular location, Orion pads quietly away.

Continuing the hunt for his dark mate, Father Sun presses forward in his journey, lowering himself in
the sky yet still casting even, full light upon the land.

(Celest): Faragan says, "Greetings people of the light."

(Celest): Aknarin (from the Astral Plane) says, "Greetings, Lord Faragan."

(Celest): Misericorde (from the Astral Plane) says, "Greetings, Faragan."

You think to yourself: Brilliant. Just... perfect. Arm's still acting up, and now I've offended a
Divine while trying to be helpful. Lovely.

You say, "Well... All right then."

Mysrai's eyes slowly rise from you and scan the skyline of the city, constellations breaking and
reforming into incomprehensible patterns as They remain unnervingly silent.

Idly twitching his tail as he pads in, Orion graces those here with his presence.

Orion, the Celestial Cat moves to stand next to you before sitting upon his haunches.

The distant, soft chiming of a bell echoes across the city, its beatific ring piercing the night with a
welcoming, warming voice.

Mysrai's nostrils flare at Orion, the Celestial Cat's re-entrance, and Their eyes briefly turn to
follow his movements. Something crossed between a grimace and a smile tugs at the corner of Their lips 
before They return Their gaze to the slow, circular sweep of the city.

(Celest): Aknarin (from the Astral Plane) says, "Hunting Mitrans if anyone wishes to join. We have a
rather large group."

You have emoted: Tridemon briefly turns to look at the Celestial Cat before his attention returns to
the watchful Divine.

The full attention of his stare upon the Shofet, Orion, the Celestial Cat says, "Mmmmmmmmm-welcome,
Shofet. I trust all is, mmmmmmm-well. Lord Darvellan wishes me to confer His mmmmmmmmmm-regards to 
You."
10800h, 12300m, 10800e, 10p Be<>-
You have recovered balance on all limbs.

Shadows grow longer in anticipation for the return of their dark mistress as Father Sun's chase brings
him closer to the world's edge.

Hieroglyphs tracing through the air in vibrant turquoises and golds, Mysrai, the Shofet of Abyssal
Scales says, "So that is why you smelled so familiar. I take it He has claimed this place as His to 
some degree?"

Bowing his head softly, Orion, the Celestial Cat says, "To some degree, mmmmmmm-yes, Shofet. As much as
the Navigator claims any one place, mmmmmmmm, and more than most."

As the sun passes below the horizon's edge, Mother Night unveils her terrible, shadowy beauty,
spreading darkness across the land.

Turning to look at the Cathedral, Orion, the Celestial Cat says, "But You appear to show interest in
the, mmmmmm, Cathedral, Shofet?"

"Is it always this quiet?" The scent of cayenne burns the air strongly around Mysrai as deep scarlet
glyphs pop into the space near Them like so many bubbles, Their head canting curiously to the side as 
They complete Their rotation, eyes once more resting upon the Cathedral. "It is well made, to say the 
least."

The lonely call of an albatross carries from the Inner Sea.

The pulsing beam from New Celest's lighthouse surges brilliantly, a shining beacon of hope that cuts
through the night sky across the entirety of the Basin of Life.

You cough softly.

(Celest): Orion, the Celestial Cat says, "The Shofet seems to be interested in the, mmmmmmmm,
Cathedral. Perhaps someone would care to offer a tour to the City's guest, mmmmmm?"

A twisting miasma of wailing souls whispers in from the southeast, preceding the arrival of Kagato.

Bringing his arms together before him, Kagato presses a closed fist into an open hand before bowing
humbly to Mysrai as their faces reflect a sudden sense of well-being.

You say, "Most of the citizens of Celest are currently on the Astral Plane, on a hunt. Mitrans at
present."

In a warm, comforting tone, Soleil d'Abanoi, Kagato of the Platinum Lotus says, "Blessings of the Open
Hand, Thousandfold."

(Celest): Unitos says, "I can do so if you deem it advisable."

Bringing his arms together before him, Kagato presses a closed fist into an open hand before bowing
humbly to you, a sense of well-being filling you both.

Across the heavens, the stars and moon challenge night's dark reign, revealing familiar constellations
that tell the tales of myth and legend.

Unitos enters from the southeast, emanating an aura of immense power.
A glorious pegasus glides in from the southeast on glowing white wings.

Mysrai's eyes briefly turn to stare down Kagato in a cool appraisal before returning to the Cathedral,
seeming to ignore his remarks as They simply remark, "I see." They let the sentence hang as They begin 
to spin the Jackal's sceptre through Their fingers, sending multicoloured hieroglyphs spilling into the 
air with its motion.

You think to yourself: What could the Shofet possibly want with the Cathedral? The Thalassos? ... I
should stop speculating...

The Mantle of Starlight shimmers and twinkles as the starlit darkness that it is formed of continues
its eternal motion.

Off-handedly, whether to Themself or to another entirely unknowable, Mysrai, the Shofet of Abyssal
Scales says, "Where is it? Surely, here of all places..."

You gag a bit as Unitos's stink wafts over you.

Unitos rubs a star-etched jade ring and it begins to glow with a pulsating light.
Warm water showers down upon him, and he scrubs under his armpits trying to wash away that horrible
stench.

Unitos recharges a star-etched jade ring from an energy cube.

Mysrai's attention turns once more away from the Cathedral, staring off across the city as if searching
for something.

In a warm, comforting tone, Soleil d'Abanoi, Kagato of the Platinum Lotus says to Mysrai, "What I may I
ask are You seeking? Admittedly I only recently awoke."

You think to yourself: I really hope it's not the Thalassos. We're using that...

Soft mewlings betray a kitten crying for its mother somewhere nearby.

"The Abyss approaches, growing closer with each beat of the Herald's wings. With each passing of the
shadow, and each sundered reality, it draws ever near." While offering no solid explanation, Mysrai's 
words lend a chill to the air as silvery hieroglyphs send a smooth shiver of brittle ice across the 
water flooding the street and fog the bubbles floating nearby.

You ponder the situation.

A powerplex jewel channels energy into your reserves.
Midnight shadows coalesce around a new day, and Mother Night embraces the land in utter darkness.
It is now the 1st of Tzarin, 546 years after the Coming of Estarra.

Aural Tildarmin yells, "Glory be to New Celest, the City of the Light! Within these walls reside the
studious Sanctifiers of Loathys, the blessed Ecclessiarchy of the Light, and the noble Archons of 
Justice!"

Musing, Soleil d'Abanoi, Kagato of the Platinum Lotus says, "A sundered reality... I can't help but
wonder if it has something to do with the timequakes that have been plaguing the basin over recent 
years?"

The air around Unitos blurs as he chants under his breath. He shakes his head and blinks in confusion.

Distant cat calls echo through the city as toms make their rounds through the streets.

You think to yourself: It's really starting to sound like They want the Thalassos. Or the Shards of
Ablution. Or the Tears of Saint Tresalyne.

Mysrai rises into the air, born aloft by a dust devil of black sand as They continue to inspect, never
fully offering Their attention to the mortals down below as the Jackal's sceptre begins to whir faster 
and faster yet. The hieroglyphs spilling from the motion subtly discolour and reposition where they 
touch, fading back to normalcy as the images themselves burn through the aether into nothingness once 
more.

The Mantle of Starlight shimmers and twinkles as the starlit darkness that it is formed of continues
its eternal motion.
look
On Nautilus Pompilus street, outside the Deep Blue Cathedral.
A calming warmth suffuses the surroundings, indicating a healing shrine of Valtreth nearby. This
location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. A light cover of clouds hides the sky in a sheet 
of white. Small, fine gravel, in pastel hues, covers the street in a thick layer, affording a soft, 
comfortable surface to walk on, and a pleasant view. Short, squat palm trees, about two meters high, 
and two meters wide at the crown, line both sides of the street, as it winds its way through town. A 
statue of Elohora stands here, memorializing her noble spirit. Orion, the Celestial Cat, idly flicks 
his tail as he surveys his surroundings. A glorious pegasus with glowing white wings is here, eyeing 
his surroundings serenely. Soleil d'Abanoi, Kagato of the Platinum Lotus lingers nearby with a serene 
calm, flickering motes of starlight playing along his form. He wields Umbra Tenuitas in his left hand 
and a pair of diamond shears in his right hand. Mysrai, the Shofet of Abyssal Scales lingers between 
cracks in the aether here, surrounded by flickering images of sundered realities. They wield the 
Jackal's sceptre in Their left hand. Only barely noticeable, silver constellations float about a star-
struck explorer, basking them in a faint glow.
You see exits leading southeast, northwest, and in (open door).

Orion, the Celestial Cat flattens his ears against his head, slowly crouching lower to make his form
smaller.

Feoragan has been judged, scaled, and found guilty by a sadistic mitran.
You see the death occur at Within an ashen conflagration.  (?)

Kagato reaches down to pet Orion, the Celestial Cat gently, a look of concern crossing his features.

Mysrai flips the Jackal's sceptre in a complicated motion. Sharp noises of metal sliding upon metal
resound as a deadly looking blade emerges from the bottom of the Jackal's sceptre. The Jackal's 
sceptre's shaft extends as well to double its length, the single silk-wrapped grip of the scepter 
splitting to become two separate grips of a formidable staff. Completing the transformation, the 
obsidian jackal ahead at the top opens its snout into a vicious snarl, its eyes briefly glowing red.

Mysrai holds the Jackal's staff point-first before Them as They spin in a circular motion through the
air, its deadly point gleaming where it is not marred by inky black blood. "Surely there must be some 
to be found. An entire city cannot be wanting."

The light spread of cloud overhead fluffs up into sparse cotton bodies.
emote frowns slightly, standing up taller and straighter before the brief flash of
emotion leaves his face, replaced with a somewhat resigned resolve.
You have emoted: Tridemon frowns slightly, standing up taller and straighter before the brief flash of
emotion leaves his face, replaced with a somewhat resigned resolve.

The twinkling lights of countless constellations flare visibly within the skies, heralding the arrival
of the Navigator.

A flare of light precedes an explosion of stars, revealing Darvellan in their midst.

humbly to Darvellan as their faces reflect a sudden sense of well-being.

Unitos exhales slowly, allowing a long fluid breath to creep from his lungs.

In a warm, comforting tone, Soleil d'Abanoi, Kagato of the Platinum Lotus says, "Blessings of the Open
Hand, Lord Navigator."

Unitos gives Darvellan a respectful salute.

Mysrai suddenly comes to a stop, lowering the Jackal's staff as They turn Their undivided attention
towards Darvellan, nostrils flaring.

Unitos slips into a set of clockwork goggles.

Turning to face Mysrai, Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Ah, Cousin, I see You have finally made Your
way here after Your...recent return."

A wakabi in a blue uniform and a ridiculous hat strapped to its head waddles in and spits a gilded,
incense-fragranced letter into the hands of Mysrai. Ruffling its feathers, the wakabi barrels away at a 
surprising speed.

Eying the Shofet with His single good eye, Darvellan, the Navigator says, "I must profess
some...discomfort as to the nature of Your return. And some concern for Your wellbeing as well, truth 
be told."

You think to yourself: Who in the world decided to mail... Oh, never mind.

(Celest): Aknarin (from the Astral Plane) says, "Greetings, Lord Darvellan."

Sea-mist rises from your aspergillum, accompanied by the soft murmur of distant waves, the only sign of
the watchful presence of the Sculptor.

(Celest): Darvellan says, "Well met, Celest. How long has My Cousin been within the City?"

(Celest): Kagato says, "Less than a day, if I am not mistaken."

"Poorly." The word hangs heavy in the air, but with a different cadence as dancing pink hieroglyphs
fill the aether between Mysrai and Darvellan, the corners of Their muzzled lips tugging apart briefly. 
"Oh? I am touched; admittedly perplexed, but touched nevertheless."

(Celest): Aknarin (from the Astral Plane) says, "Around half a day I believe."

(Celest): Unitos says, "Yes. It was originally Orion who even alerted us to Their presence."

Soft mewlings betray a kitten crying for its mother somewhere nearby.

The dark sand carrying the Shofet lessens in speed and width as They soar closer towards the Navigator
to look Him in His remaining, good eye.

Unitos snorts and snuffles at the air through a ridiculous pig nose.

(Celest): Kagato says, "The Shofet seems to be looking for something in particular. Something peculiar
was said as well, what sounded almost like a prophecy of sorts."

Slowly approaching the Shofet, Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Perplexed? It has been long since I have
been so close to such a fusion of realities, and by several accounts of the portal-touched, there was 
more than just Yourself which came through."

The sky lightens and stars fade as Father Sun approaches the horizon in his neverending quest to
capture Mother Night.

(Celest): Aknarin (from the Astral Plane) says, "Hrm, how cryptic. I hope They are not planning on
taking anything from the City."

You have emoted: Tridemon blinks, and seems to suddenly become significantly more relaxed at the
current situation, some of the tension leaving his face.

Unitos suddenly loses focus in his eyes and shudders, then looks curiously refreshed.

The colourful hieroglyphs surrounding Mysrai blacken suddenly at Darvellan's words, crimson streaks
lighting them like bloody veins as Their eyes flash to something unseen. The air is hot and humid as 
Their breathing momentarily intensifies, but then it fades and the transition is so strange you find 
yourself wondering if it ever happened at all. "Such is My nature, Navigator. You are not the only one 
who explores, and My own stretch far beyond the physical."

You hear the clicking of a wheel in the distance as you are blessed with 50% Increased bashing damage.

The Mantle of Starlight flows gently against your form, twinkling stars shifting across its surface as
the starry infinity continues its eternal motion.

Nodding slowly, Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Yes, of course, Cousin. But I have learned much of the
dangers of exploration even in this single reality. Such that I am not entirely ignorant of the dangers 
of multiple realities..."

Raising His left eyebrow, Darvellan, the Navigator says, "But, as You appear to be well enough to abate
My concerns for now, what brings You here?"

A wash of starlight swirls in from the northwest, swirling together and spiraling upwards before
blossoming, revealing the form of Faragan, riding an exalted ivory and gold dragon.
He is followed by an exalted ivory and gold dragon, a hamster in a cage-wheel, a green parakeet, a
perky-eared corgi puppy, a tiny pug puppy, an ivory-furred pompom puppy with a fanned tail, a fluffy 
husky puppy, and a frisky puppy.
Faragan, riding an exalted ivory and gold dragon, tosses an arm to the in before his form drips and
melts away into trickles and waves of starlight that dissipate into the air.
He is followed by an exalted ivory and gold dragon, a hamster in a cage-wheel, a green parakeet, a
perky-eared corgi puppy, a tiny pug puppy, an ivory-furred pompom puppy with a fanned tail, a fluffy 
husky puppy, and a frisky puppy.

Mysrai, the Shofet of Abyssal Scales says, "The Abyss does not rest, My Navigator, so neither may I.
Not so long as there is a ch--."

Mysrai's words cut off almost immediately as Their hands grip the Jackal's staff tightly, eyes shutting
for a brief moment as Their small frame shakes at something unseen.

You think to yourself: That's right. I am Hers. As long as I'm not being stupid, offensive, or some
combination of the two, I shouldn't worry about this overmuch. ... I think.

Darvellan furrows His brow as He tugs at the stubble upon His chin.

The repetitive sounds of a blacksmith bringing hammer upon steel over and over echo through the city
streets.

"...so long as Creation maintains its stand against the Abyss. There...I must..." Mysrai shakes Their
head, eyes fluttering open once more as They begin to regain Their composure. "...that which would 
hasten Us and the First World towards the Abyss must be judged and weighed against the Scale. I had 
hoped to find the Portal-touched here to be as bountiful in their guarding of Creation as the Verdant 
Forest, yet..."

Kagato frowns at what he perceives as a slight against his home, his jaw tightening a little.

A look of comprehension passing His face, Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Ah, this...this would explain
Your current form..."

Frowning once again, Darvellan, the Navigator says, "A form I have not seen in a long, long while..."

Sunlight billows across the realm, revealing the full glory of the majestic sun's luminous presence as
he climbs higher into the sky.

Brilliant golden hieroglyphs fade to a honeyed amber as the Shofet turns towards the Navigator, an
expressionless mask upon Their face.

You think to yourself: And perhaps They would have found as many if They had arrived in the middle of a
large party like the Liar attending the Spring Festivities.

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "You look weary, Cousin."

The gentle lapping of the Inner Sea colliding with the city walls washes over the streets, accompanied
by a whip of salty air.

Mysrai, the Shofet of Abyssal Scales says, "The weight of the Scales is upon My shoulders, My
Navigator. It is...an enormous burden, but one that is Mine and Mine alone. Tell Me, and tell Me plain, 
where is the reason here that You have found to align Yourself? Surely, there I will find what I seek."

Turning to briefly look away, Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Meridian..."

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "The heritage of this City lies largely with His shards..."

An exquisite chorus of melodies wavers lightly in the air, accompanied by the rich, vibrant notes of a
violin.

In a warm, comforting tone, Soleil d'Abanoi, Kagato of the Platinum Lotus says to Darvellan, "Meridian
was one of Your crechemates, was he not?"

Darvellan, the Navigator says to Mysrai, "I was not present, but Meridian showed great strength in
protecting Creation from the Soulless, or so I have heard. This cannot have gone unpassed to His 
shards."

Unitos nods his head at Darvellan.

Kagato gives a nod of agreement to Darvellan.

Starknight Unitos says, "We carry His mission to wage war against the soulless corruption."

Turning to face the Shofet once again, Darvellan, the Navigator says, "I know not how such weighs on
Your scales, Shofet. It weights pretty heavily on Mine."

Starknight Unitos says, "In whichever form it may rear itself."

Deep sapphire hieroglyphs falling from Their muzzle like snowflakes, Mysrai, the Shofet of Abyssal
Scales says, "Would You stake My duty upon that?"

In a warm, comforting tone, Soleil d'Abanoi, Kagato of the Platinum Lotus says, "As one of the
Triumverate that judged the Twelve Traitors, I'd hope it would have some weighting upon it..."

The sun reaches the zenith of the firmament, pausing in his quest to allow the land to bask in his
shining golden rays.

Looking Shofet in the eye, Darvellan, the Navigator says, "I would stake Mine."

You hear the clicking of a wheel in the distance as you are blessed with 50% Increased influence
damage.

Mysrai holds out a hand, and a glimmer of light manifests above Their paw, where an impossibly small
feather floats in a cocoon of pure white hieroglyphs. They seem to study it for a long time, Their eyes 
slowly traveling between it and the Navigator before They say, "Then say it once more." The release the 
feather into the air, where it slowly floats closer and closer to Darvellan.

The sound of clashing swords strikes the air as Defenders of the Light spar nearby.

Kagato watches the interaction between the two Divinity, suddenly very wary at what seems to be
transpiring.

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "I would stake that Meridian's fight lives on in His shards. A fight to
protect this reality of theirs."

The sound of clashing swords strikes the air as Defenders of the Light spar nearby.

Kagato weaves his hands in an impossibly complex pattern as light forms into a shield protecting him.

The feather floats before the Navigator and remains as pure as freshly driven snow, spinning to point
at Him as His words ring out, and then lazily resuming its rotation in its slow journey back to the 
Shofet.

Emeraude, the Mizuchi trots in with head high, butting Kagato gently with her head.

Mysrai takes hold of the feather and it vanishes in a dark vortex of black sand and scarlet lightning,
and when They look up once more, there is a very clear smile on Their face. "I am sorry, Navigator. I 
trust You, yet...I had to be sure."

The repetitive sounds of a blacksmith bringing hammer upon steel over and over echo through the city
streets.

Warily, Soleil d'Abanoi, Kagato of the Platinum Lotus says to Mysrai, "I hesitate to ask, but what
would have transpired if the feather had turned black, Shofet?"

Continuing the hunt for his dark mate, Father Sun presses forward in his journey, lowering himself in
the sky yet still casting even, full light upon the land.

Mysrai's eyes flash as stars within explode into nothingness and reform twice as quickly, filling the
vortexes with a hellish nightmare of scarlet light, "You would hope to never discover, mortal."

Kagato shudders involuntarily, saying "I'm kind of sorry I asked already..." before giving a respectful
bow.

Mlaan has been judged, scaled, and found guilty by a sadistic mitran.
You see the death occur at Within an ashen conflagration.  (?)

Mysrai, the Shofet of Abyssal Scales says, "...I would ask a favour of You, My Navigator."

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "What favour would You have of Me?"

Shadows grow longer in anticipation for the return of their dark mistress as Father Sun's chase brings
him closer to the world's edge.

Though scarlet still reigns supreme in Mysrai's eyes, it quickly begins to fade as They speak, the
scent of honey quickly overpowering the cayenne that lingers about Their form. Golden hieroglyphs 
spring into being with each syllable that escapes Their muzzle, "A dear soul has been bound to Me, a 
brilliant paradigm yet to fully be realised and a Truth more beautiful than My own memory of Mother's 
gaze." They dip Their head in acknowledgement and offer a soft smile as They continue, "Yet they are 
untried, and know so little of this world. I would request that Yours, and Your City, not begrudge 
their visitation should they seek to know more of it. Well, You and...Whoever it is that resides 
alongside You. I cannot recognise Their scent."

You say, "You may be catching the scent of Lady Carakhan, the Sculptor of Waves."

Seagulls wheel far overhead, letting out harsh squawks as they fly over.

Nodding slowly, Darvellan, the Navigator says, "I shall make it known that they have My blessing to be
within the City, and My displeasure to anyone who acts unduly against them."

In a warm, comforting tone, Soleil d'Abanoi, Kagato of the Platinum Lotus says, "That, or Lord Weiwae,
the Golden Heart - though He has been gazing into the void for some time."

As the sun passes below the horizon's edge, Mother Night unveils her terrible, shadowy beauty,
spreading darkness across the land.

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "By what form may the City know this Truth of Yours?"

The quick quivering sound of hummingbirds flitters by in the crisp night air.

The gentle lapping of the Inner Sea colliding with the city walls washes over the streets, accompanied
by a whip of salty air.

Mysrai, the Shofet of Abyssal Scales says, "You would easily recognise My Liar by sight alone, I
imagine towering tae'dae with gold and black fur are in short supply. Yet, perhaps You might more 
easily smell the scent of honey about them, or perhaps the stable aura that clings to them?"

Across the heavens, the stars and moon challenge night's dark reign, revealing familiar constellations
that tell the tales of myth and legend.

Another strange jab at Darvellan's eye escapes Mysrai's mouth with another flurry of pink hieroglyphs
jumbled among sweet-scented golden ones, dancing through the air in delightfully hypnotic patterns as 
Their eyes stare unblinking at Him.

(Celest): Darvellan says, "The Shofet's tae'dae has My blessing to wander the City, and accorded the
respectful treatment due one of My guests."

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "They shall be welcome here, then, Cousin."

(Celest): Aknarin (from the Astral Plane) says, "Of course, Lord Navigator."

Kagato raises an eyebrow in curiosity at the description, but says "As long as Your Truth does not bear
hostility, they will be quite welcome within our walls."

You have emoted: Tridemon blinks slightly, and raises a hand to his forehead, partially covering his
face in exasperation at a certain memory. "We shall endeavor to make it perfectly clear that no one is 
to seduce Your Liar, Shofet."

Darvellan turns to frown slightly at Kagato.

Kagato chuckles slightly at Tridemon.

With the smallest flick of Their finger, Mysrai sends Kagato flying headlong into the depths of the
Astral Plane.
Kagato leaves to the ether, a twisting miasma of wailing souls whispering after him.
Emeraude, the Mizuchi, gives an ear-splitting roar before leaving to the ether.

A twisting miasma of wailing souls whispers in from the southeast, preceding the arrival of Kagato.
A surge of water precedes the entrance of Emeraude, the Mizuchi, as she slithers in from the southeast.

In a warm, comforting tone, Soleil d'Abanoi, Kagato of the Platinum Lotus says, "Ow. My apologies."

Tone suddenly icy as black and scarlet hieroglyphs smear the air like bloodstains, Mysrai, the Shofet
of Abyssal Scales says, "You would be wise to remember to not insult My Liar with such insinuations in 
My presence again, mortal."

Looking a little hurt, Soleil d'Abanoi, Kagato of the Platinum Lotus says, "I didn't make said
insinuation though..."

In the precise same tone, the Jackal's staff gleaming with deadly intent within Their hands, Mysrai,
the Shofet of Abyssal Scales says to you, "See that you do not."

Mysrai points the Jackal's staff at Kagato.

The wisps of condensation in the sky spread slightly as a few light clouds develop.

Kagato's eyes widen in surprise as he clutches at his throat, making low rasping sounds as he tries to
speak.

A low growl rips through Mysrai's throat, sending violent shudders through the ground and terrible,
alien horrors crashing against your mind's eye: visions of alien realities torn asunder by horrors that 
your mind struggles to avoid processing.

You think to yourself: ... Maybe They'd like to meet Fassa. A seal might be soothing.

You reach out through your bond with a rainbow-furred seal with slippery flippers and summon her from
the stables. You sense her answering your call.

The beacons atop the city towers briefly throb with a pure white light, casting their lambency upon the
dark streets beneath.

The pulsing glow emitted from the Guiding Star Lighthouse surges brilliantly, a shining beacon of hope
that reaches across the entirety of the Basin of Life.

A rainbow-furred seal with slippery flippers trots in with head high, butting you gently with her head.

its eternal motion.

Darvellan, the Navigator says to Mysrai, "If there is nothing else You seek here in the City, I would
speak with You elsewhere concerning Your return."

You pat a rainbow-furred seal with slippery flippers in a friendly manner.
A rainbow-furred seal with slippery flippers poses proudly before you, slippery flippers clapping
together in a loud and exuberant display.

A violent exhale sends granules of black sand to scour nearby walls as Mysrai exhales forcefully, and
They utter, "Out of respect to You, My Navigator, I will allow the mortal to keep his neck intact." 
They offer one last withering stare towards Kagato, the ground beneath him quivering like warm jelly 
under the force before They turn to float by Darvellan's side and pointedly ignore the mortals. "It 
will be nice to catch up, certainly. To see a...friendly face."

Darvellan nods solemnly.

Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Come, then, let Us go. I know just the place."

With barely a twinkle, a mist of stars implodes around Darvellan, removing Him from sight.

Midnight shadows coalesce around a new day, and Mother Night embraces the land in utter darkness.
It is now the 2nd of Tzarin, 546 years after the Coming of Estarra.

A swirling sandstorm of chaos energy engulfs Mysrai, scouring the area around Them before fading to
leave reality whole and safe once more.

Aural Tildarmin yells, "Fancy yourself a scholar? Do you have a story to tell? Earn favours and credits
by submitting a research project or story to the Librarian!"

Starknight Unitos says, "So..."

Esei tells you, "Are, ah, the three of you alright over there? I'm just standing over by young Xithen,
but I was curious..."

You peer about yourself unscrupulously.

Starknight Unitos says, "I'm going to file this under 'not good'."

You raise your hands above the ground, solemnly speaking, "May the purest water cleanse this place and
the power of the Holy Light fortify it". As you call upon the powers you serve, the ground begins to 
glow and you hear the sound of water flowing around you.

Stars manifest within the chaotic sandstorm ravaging New Celest, gently buffeting away the scarlet
lightning and black sand as two powerful forces shoot through the heavens and vanish from perception.

The garnet embedded in Emeraude's forehead gives a flare of light, turning clear as diamond as the
symbols of each of the nine domoth appears briefly within, the gem finally returning to its original 
blood-red colour.

Kagato shakes an emerald-hued snowglobe vigorously, sending snowy flakes swirling about the inside of
the snowglobe. As the flakes swirl about the Tree of Trees depicted within it begins to glow a radiant 
emerald. Icy flakes twist up from the ground about Kagato, enveloping him completely before bursting in 
every direction. Floating to the ground, the icy flakes softly melt, and Kagato is nowhere to be seen.
Emeraude, the Mizuchi, gives an ear-splitting roar before leaving to the ether.

Carakhan, Sculptor of Waves has bestowed Her divine truefavour upon you. It will last for 5 months.

You say, "Oh, it's fine. Just a somewhat unstable Divine with a perspective that reaches beyond the
realities we are familiar with, making Their motivations inscrutable, coupled with an unwillingness to 
even attempt to explain to mere mortals what the Nil They're going on about, that's all."

Orion, the Celestial Cat blinks incredulously at you.

You shake your head.

You say, "Not our business."

You say, "We'll do as we always have."

A shiver runs down a rainbow-furred seal with slippery flippers's body, causing her to stretch out to
her full, majestic length for several seconds before she scrunches down once again.

Starknight Unitos says, "I suppose there's nothing for it but to assume They have it under control."

Starknight Unitos says, "It seems The Sculptor has awakened. Has She weighed in on this?"

You say, "She was watching the entire time."

The Mantle of Starlight shimmers and twinkles as the starlit darkness that it is formed of continues its eternal motion.

Showing that he understands, Unitos nods his head slowly.

You say, "Or for most of the time, anyway."

Apparently bored with events in this particular location, Orion pads quietly away.
I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.

Comments

• I loved reading this log! I've got the log from yesterday in the Serenwilde, too. I'll post that up soon for people who are curious.

Thank you for sharing this. <3 I'm seriously loving Mysrai's interactions!
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • All these visits feel very end-of-world-y. Thank you for sharing ;A;!!!
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’