Teaching the Liar the proper way to high-five!

edited December 2019 in Event Scrolls

You say to the Liar, "Tell me, what is the best drink and food here?"
Merry Minstrel Eritheyl Ryseni, Walker of a Thousand Ways says to the Liar, "In either case, it is
nice to make your acquaintance on more seemingly-okay terms."
"Oh! I know what to do with this!" the Liar sets their drink down on a nearby table and reaches out
to clasp Zakkias' hand firmly between their massive paws, lifting him up and down as they make to 
shake hands, "See? I learned!" Turning their head, they say, "Oh, uh...I don't know! Beloved Xis 
gave me a bottle to drink, and I haven't had anything to eat yet." Still shaking Zakkias in the air as they speak, they then say to Eritheyl, "It's nice to meet you, too!"
Tsakali creases their brow in a frown.
Tsakali, Pilgrim of Bodhi says to the Liar, "What exactly did he give you in a bottle?"
Zakkias chuckles and half-squeals as he is shaken about like a ragdoll. There is no fright in his
voice or demeanor, but rather glee.
You utter a deep, rumbling laugh.
The Liar gives a bottle to Tsakali.
You say to the Liar, "Ah, wrong hand motion. See, he wanted a high five. It goes something like
this."
Tsakali gasps suddenly and begins to inhale and exhale deeply and rapidly.
Tsakali sniffs a bottle, trying to decipher just what that smell emanating from it is.
Tsakali nods their head emphatically.
Tsakali gives a bottle to the Liar.
The Liar points out the bottle on a nearby table, gesturing for Tsakali to take a look. After a few
moments, they go, "Oh! Right. You don't have to wait for anything," and set down Zakkias, smiling 
down at him.
Tsakali, Pilgrim of Bodhi says, "Ok, that's fine to drink."
The Liar exclaims to Tsakali, "It tastes like flowers smell!"
The corners of Tsakali's mouth turn up as they grins mischievously.
The Liar tilts their head curiously at you, watching for the demonstration.
Alary raises one of their hands in an open palm and swings their other hand up to
hit their open palm with a resounding smack.
You say, "The best way is to hit as hard as possible, it makes the best sound!"
Looking down at their massive paw, the Liar says, "...that...might hurt."
Eritheyl nods solemnly.
Solemnly, the Liar says, "I am very strong."
You say, "Well, if someone asks for it, they know what to expect."
Alary raises their hand up, palm facing the Liar. "Go ahead!"
Zakkias claps merrily, "Oh but it doesn't matter! I love the Liar, shaking, flailing, high-five...it
all means the same, to me!"
The Liar shrugs and says, "I...I warned you." Rearing back, they slam their paw through the air to
impact soundly with your extended hand, sending you flying backwards as the force travels through 
your body, out of the bar and into the street beyond as they wince and call out, "Sorry!"
[Cue Alary being thrown out onto the street and then returning to the bar.]
You say, "Perfect!"
You say, "That was the best high-five I have ever had!"
The Liar raises a paw to rub at the back of their neck sheepishly, asking, "Y-you're not hurt, are
you?"
You say to the Liar, "Not in the slightest."
Zakkias hops up and down, clapping rapidly, "Bestest Liar in all the Basin! And beyond! I propose a
toast to our bestest friend!"
You say to the Liar, "You did a marvelous job!"
Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."

Comments

• A+, quality interaction. I love the Liar so much ;A;!!
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’