Seeking Ilmdria's Inspiration! A Student Has Second Thoughts.

edited December 2019 in Event Scrolls
Tonight Silfea set off for the Northern Mountains to learn some history and was guided by not just one, not just two, but three patient and curious members of her commune. We didn't quite crack it (yet) but fun was had by all.I think. We got all the implements, just ran out of steam figuring out what to do with them. ❤

Beneath an open domed roof.

Dozens upon dozens of items line the shelved walls of this cosy hut: pots and pans, pestles and mortars, plates and bowls - every possible thing that you could require at home and more besides. The practical objects are interspersed with the whimsical and the decorative, from the faint glow of a sparkling dreamcatcher to the wooden mask of a mighty warrior. Exits to the left and right of the entrance show the way further into the hut, both lightly covered with beaded curtains. And at the heart of the hut, a huge fire pit rests, long since burnt out. Effortlessly graceful, a brown-hued strix manifests here upon wings resplendent with pulsing silver motes, its wise gaze unblinking. Oracular Elexia Myeras-Silvermoon stands here, flanked by an indistinct entourage of ancestral spirits. She wields a rose-vine violin in her left hand and a massive nut shield in her right hand. Only barely noticeable, silver constellations float about a star-struck explorer, basking them in a faint glow.

Thoughtfully, you say, "I'm not sure that I have come prepared for lighting fires."

Busy Bee Llani Myeras, Springtime Portent says, "Oh! I have a tinderbox, I think, if you need one." She sucks thoughtfully on her teeth.

You thrust your palm towards your forehead and hit it with a resounding smack!

Llani gives a tiny firebreathing salamander to you.

Oracular Elexia Myeras-Silvermoon smiles and says, "I was able to light it, it appears we must hunt the caribou, and then drag the hides to the drying rack."

As comprehension dawns upon you, your body begins to glow with blushing hues of pink and topaz. You bow respectfully to Llani.

Busy Bee Llani Myeras, Springtime Portent says, "Well, it turns out I have a salamander, not a tinderbox! But they're tinder-box-y." Llani beams broadly.

Oracular Elexia Myeras-Silvermoon laughingly says, "I apologize for going ahead and trying, I wasn't sure it would work." Argent moonlight pierces the blue glow of the Flame of dae'Seren upon Elexia, enshrouding her momentarily in a silver mantle.

You pat a tiny firebreathing salamander in a friendly manner.

Busy Bee Llani Myeras, Springtime Portent says to you, "Don't mind me toooo much, I'm here to tag along and watch. I've heard good things about you, though!" She beams broadly at you.

You say, "Nonsense, apologies are for things that can't be fixed. And certainly, certainly." You look thoughtful and turn to glance out the front door.

With a proud smile as she plants her fists on her hips, Oracular Elexia Myeras-Silvermoon says, "Silfea is a very bright pupil, she has undergone her Vision Quest very quickly since her exit of the Portal's trial."

Rolling up the sleeves of your oversized robe, you say, "Guess I have to do some murder... this is the part I'm not so great at. The student thing, I'm all over. This part... ouf."

"Oooooh." Llani says, her wings buzzing furiously as she slowly circles you. "What did you see, what did you see?"

Elexia sways back and forth in the air rhythmically.

Your face falls a bit. "Oh... death, destruction. Fun stuff. I had a good cry and got out of bed the next morning same as everyone else." You perk up a bit. "All right. Sorry, Mr. Caribou, here I come..."