Announce Post #2989: Bugfixin' Livestream and Q&A

edited December 2019 in Announce Posts
Hi Everyone!

Ianir, Aonia and I will be having another Bug-fixin' Livestream with a Q&A on Saturday, January 4th, 2020 at 10am CST/4pm GMT.

Hopefully many of you will be able to make it and what we'd like to offer is for you all to send in your bug numbers or questions ahead of time for us to fix (or attempt to fix) during the Livestream.  You can either email me (Orael) at Orael@lusternia.com or message me in game.

I will note that it's unlikely we'll be able to look at quest bugs or other prog bugs as they're a different system.

So send your code bugs, send your questions and we'll deal with them during the Livestream!

Orael.

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited December 2019
    I shall pick... 3-ish bug reports!
    An annoying SSC bug with deafness: 27301 (might as well do 25529 while at it, I guess).
    A theater bug, 27451.
    And... wildnodes appearing in Pandaland, 25957.
    Edit: You can pick any of these to poke at, depending on what you think is more or less complicated / feasible during a livestream!
  • I wanna do one I wanna do one:

Everyone keeps telling me my aethersuit is broke. #25997!
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Bug #27336 - I can't point at furniture. Or emote at it at all, using either the name, or the number, or whatever. I must point at my ominous painting of the ancient powers that were so people will be appropriately terrified of Shulamit!

or

Bug #27367 - I must stamp my letters with pink tint now that's a thing! But you can't. You can only stamp using the old tints, even if you make a palette up! Palettes also only require old tints to make, so...maybe that's why! But I need pretty princess stamp powers.

Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shulamit said:
    Bug #27336 - I can't point at furniture. Or emote at it at all, using either the name, or the number, or whatever. I must point at my ominous painting of the ancient powers that were so people will be appropriately terrified of Shulamit!

or

Bug #27367 - I must stamp my letters with pink tint now that's a thing! But you can't. You can only stamp using the old tints, even if you make a palette up! Palettes also only require old tints to make, so...maybe that's why! But I need pretty princess stamp powers.

Re: your Bug #1: I filed a bug report on this a long time ago.  They actually gave me a response of "We know this is annoying, but furniture is coded badly and it would require a full rework to address it." :( 
  • Oh. I'm very very sad now. Welp, then I guess it's wanting to have pretty princess stamps! Er, the ability to stamp in silver, pink, brown, etc. The new tints!
    Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

• #27375, stagcall sacrifice effecting every aethermanse
  • Kali said:
    #27375, stagcall sacrifice effecting every aethermanse

This is more because aethermanses are all in the same 'area'. It happens with the baton fireworks as well.
  • edited January 2020
    This is tomorrow (or today if you're in the future)! Get your questions prepped and bugs called out if you haven't. We can't promise to look at all of them, and some might be ones we can't look at on stream, but you'll never know if you don't ask :)
    Art by the wonderful Gurashi.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2020
    Tiny one! #27484, aethertrading prioritizing worn items over inventory

(barely even a bug, more like player oversight. but pls make it not do!)
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:

You can workaround this using the item syntax 0.ITEM. This will then always take the most recent thing added into your inventory, which should prioritize inventory over worn items, generally.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Ciaran said:
    Eritheyl said:

You can workaround this using the item syntax 0.ITEM. This will then always take the most recent thing added into your inventory, which should prioritize inventory over worn items, generally.
    Correct! However, as most other things that just wouldn't make sense to do with things you're wearing (like dropping or giving to someone else) are outright blocked, I think trading should be tweaked with the same respect.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Bug #27549 - Couldn't recognise Esei for rping with me. I think this might be because they had all their dailies? I ended up recognising someone else.
  • We'll be live in 30 minutes, you can find us at - https://www.twitch.tv/lusternia_official/
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    #DeleteSimo2020.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • If you missed the livestream, you can find the VoDs here for the next 14 days:

• Could someone do a recap of what bugs were fixed/looked at?
  • Ixion said:
    Could someone do a recap of what bugs were fixed/looked at?
    Changelog 1939 details all that we fixed. We looked at a few beyond that, but they either would have taken too long for the stream or weren't actually bugs.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Thanks! You all rock!
  • Thanks guys for the stream! Wish I could've properly watched it live!