Lusternia and APIs

Since I'm spending time learning some phone programming and facebook, I had a question.

I was curious if Lusternia has any open APIs for it's communications.

I'm not talking about the standard telnet based stuff that the MUD clients deal with.

I'm thinking about auxiliary things like feeds or the web interfaces for messages or the like.  I notice for instance that the web site seems to have a common feed for everybody who dies.  And I know there's some kind of mudstats protocol you guys support.

With the web 2.0 applications taking hold, I was curious about this in case any of us wanted to build a simple app.  Imagine a "death tracker" on your phone that would make a sound if somebody on your enemies list bit the bullet, or pinged you when an ally or friend logged into the game, or something that would read all the death messages over time and create a chart based on those statistics, or something that would allow you to read your messages or the news over the phone when you are logged in, or you had a big abstract map of Lusternia and could see death locations plotted on that map.  

[BANNERCODE]

Comments

• www.ironrealms.com/IREAPIdocumentation.pdf

That has a pdf with information about IRE's API stuff. I don't know how much is supported and I don't think the person who did it is with IRE any longer but I hope it helps.

• Perfect, that's just what I was curious about!  
    [BANNERCODE]
  • Actually, trying those URLs to Lusternia.com (or ironrealms.com) doesn't appear to work.  According to that API, going here:

Should return a JSON array, but it just gives a 404 page.

[BANNERCODE]
  • One's already been made! http://irehelper.vadisystems.com/ :D

It's my most-used app ever.
  • Zvoltz said:
    www.ironrealms.com/IREAPIdocumentation.pdf

That has a pdf with information about IRE's API stuff. I don't know how much is supported and I don't think the person who did it is with IRE any longer but I hope it helps.
    That would explain why so much is missing in that doc (such as reading messages etc). What are the odds of Irator being expanded upon and being better documented? For instance, I'd love to see how to read the messages (I assume it's possible, since it seems the website makes use of Irator).
  • Perhaps ask Vadi? The app linked above seems to cover messages.
  • Sure, but it should still be covered in the documentation of the API :P
  • Ssaliss said:
    Zvoltz said:
    www.ironrealms.com/IREAPIdocumentation.pdf

That would explain why so much is missing in that doc (such as reading messages etc). What are the odds of Irator being expanded upon and being better documented? For instance, I'd love to see how to read the messages (I assume it's possible, since it seems the website makes use of Irator).
    The API stuff is all handled on the IRE level, so I don't have any information other than what I posted. Sorry!