What should I buy?

Want to know what to spend your credits or goop on? Ask here! List what you have, an optional budget, and then ask for advice on what to get! Make sure to read past posts in the thread, since the advice is likely going to repeat, but feel free to post anyway!

I did a quick search and couldn't find a similar thread, so I made one.

Comments

• edited February 2020
    Now that I'm aethertrading regularly, I'm running out of things on my goop wishlist. What should I get next?

I have:
    • pendant of vitality
    • crampons
    • hand of the demigod
    • maxed gnomeweapon
    • full set of bubblixes
    • ears
    • nose
    • dirigible
    • beepbeep (gargoyle)
    • prayer beeds
    • curiobox
    • protean spider
    • flux capacitor
    • flag
    • nexus headdress
    • aethersuit (influence gear, master speed leader turret and siphon modules)
    • vials
    • scarecrow hat
  • edited February 2020
    Some more ideas for goop stuff! Pogo, surfboard, regeneration module for aethersuit, flight module, ears, chromatic sun goggles, mindfield circlet, scarecrow hat, shoulderguns.

• Kali said:
    Some more ideas for goop stuff! Pogo, surfboard, regeneration module for aethersuit, flight module, ears, chromatic sun goggles, mindfield circlet, scarecrow hat, shoulderguns.

Oops, I actually do have the scarecrow hat but forgot to list it. The rest are good, thanks!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    How do you not have the gilded cage?  Or is that not goop any more?
  • Xenthos said:
    How do you not have the gilded cage?  Or is that not goop any more?
    It's goop. 
    Get the cage.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    boots of the wanderer
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Astral jumping boots are nice too, if you don't have a cubix.
  • Daraius said:
    boots of the wanderer
    If I have all of the bubblixes, a bunch of travel curios, and a high celerity, is this faster with the balance cost of pathways?
  • Maeko said:
    If I have all of the bubblixes, a bunch of travel curios, and a high celerity, is this faster with the balance cost of pathways?
    Depends on where you want to go. Pathways occasionally do get destroyed, and it's way more annoying to find two ecologists to put up a new one. There's also -lots- of them and it takes some time to figure them all out, but they can span different continents. The answer to this might vary on how robust your mapping/tracking stuff is.
  • Jolanthe said:
    Maeko said:
    Depends on where you want to go. Pathways occasionally do get destroyed, and it's way more annoying to find two ecologists to put up a new one. There's also -lots- of them and it takes some time to figure them all out, but they can span different continents. The answer to this might vary on how robust your mapping/tracking stuff is.
    Fair point!

I do have a torus, but I haven't assigned many exits to it yet - just one to Lirangsha. So far, I haven't found other continents I need easy access to, but that's probably my ignorance!
  • edited February 2020
    Dunno if this belong in simple questions per se, and if need be I'm willing to make a new thread for it. I was curious since I'm closing in on demigod what good investments in leveling credits and the like are. A friend told me to work on a wondercorn with the free crystals, so that's no problem. I imagine like the other IRE games, I'm best off investing into skills first. I'm Crow Warrior, so trans weapon seems like the right choice, but I'm not sure about others. My assumption is omnitrans.
    What other skills are worth investing before I start eying artifacts? Further, what are the useful artifacts that are good investments? I'm going to be a casual pvper at best, so I'd like enough whatevers that are kind of the baseline for staying alive. I'm fine with killing things vs influencing, so not overly concerned by lessons/artifacts there.
    Edit: As to why I'm not asking in game, this seems like a discussion that would be best handled OOC/in an OOC clan. Even with clans turned off and the like I tend to find myself interacting with people via said OOC clan instead of IC like I want to.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    The wondercorn is absolutely the first thing to make with your free crystals.

You can look into a couple of cheap artifacts.  The artifact vial rune is a good buy (just need 1 really).  It lets you make a vial permanent, link up to 5 liquids at once, and makes it so every other sip doesn't drain from the rift.  It's also only 40cr.

With daily credits you can choose to start investing in a few artifacts as well instead of just pushing for lessons.  Another good option, if you don't have aethergoop / access to aethergoop, is the golden whip of the pious (divinus whip).  It does a lot more damage than your normal hunting attacks, and you'll be able to trade it in later for a 66% refund (so not a huge loss) when you get something better.  It's definitely worth it to improve your hunting now.
  • edited February 2020
    Some various skills which are worth learning/prioritizing early too!
    Crow to spiderweb at least (I don't really know the skillset that well, but spiderweb is really good.)
    Trans athletics for puissance, but it's not as important if you don't plan on fighting much.
    Discernment to thirdeye, then analytics for the mana bonus.
    Environment to tumbling for some extra slipperiness.
    Combat to veteran for the health bonus. (Will also improve stancing, parrying, and poison shrugging as you learn further in it)
    Discipline to Endurance for the health bonus, and to damageshift later for the hunting boost. Also improves your power regeneration rate.
    Lowmagic/highmagic to contemplation/philosophy for the mana bonus, and if lowmagic consider transcending the skill for serpent.

Edit: The mana stuff + serpent are only really if you're worried about improving your survivability in combat - if you don't plan on fighting much, they're not as big of a priority. Also, for artifacts and stuff, an artifact pipe can be incredibly useful, and fitness runes are a good early investment too, to help max out your health.
  • I really appreciate the suggestions. I'll be looking into a whip as suggested, and working towards those skills @Kali. Thanks!