A Song for the Liar - Duet Version!

Let's see if 14 word document pages fits here.

The melodious voice of Gurashi resonates in your mind, "Ah - do mind if teleport to?"

The melodious voice of Gurashi resonates in your mind, "I am not wearing shoes! Also, please do not be frightened - am wearing a disguise!"

You tell Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo, "Ah, yes. The Shifting City can be...shifting."

Gurashi smiles softly, then offers an enthusiastic wave, opening his arms. "Ta-da! Hello! Is me!"

You have emoted: Shulamit strums a song sound as Gurashi sparkles into existence.

You have emoted: Shulamit looks over at Gurashi, pondering for a moment.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "You've changed."

You nod your head gravely in acknowledgement of the point.

Gurashi laughs, wandering up, still testing strings on the Liar Lyre. "It was a gift from Mixter Esei, and has been fun. I can fit in slides like this!"

Voice bright and clear, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says, "Also - have hair."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Oh! Hair is...nice!"

You think to yourself: Hair is wiggly and weird.

Gurashi ruffles his own head, then looks over at the Liar, beaming bright. "Hello, Friend Liar!" He says happily. "Good morning!"

You have emoted: Shulamit looks over at the Liar, smiling softly.

Gurashi finds a pillow that has fallen from the pile, fluffing it twice before dropping to sit down on it. He looks at the Liar again, then you. "You are well to-day? Have asked?"

Shaking her head slightly, you say, "I have not asked, just played the lyre to give them something soft to listen to."

Showing that he understands, Gurashi nods his head slowly.

Voice bright and clear, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo asks you, "And you? Are O-K?"

Gurashi tilts his head, his playing stopping suddenly as he finds a sour note. Clearly still getting used to the lyre.

You have emoted: Shulamit ponders the question, music hanging in the air briefly. "I am well."

You think to yourself: I am worried.

Gurashi smiles softly. "Good." He leans back, letting his head rest against the wall.

Gurashi looks to you, watching the lucidian play her own instrument before again trying to figure out his own.

You think to yourself: But no matter how worried, I must remain hopeful.

Voice bright and clear, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says to you, "Promise will get it right."

You have emoted: Shulamit plucks on a few more chords, glow changing with each reverberation around the room.

With a laugh, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says, "Wanted to be better prepared now but..."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Gurashi, "How is being squishy like?"

Gurashi pauses. "Uhm, sometimes it is really fun!" He exclaims. "Like the part with the slide. And touching things feels new too! Oh! Swimming is fun too! Tridemon took me swimming a couple times - that was the best." He grins. "But there are also things I do not like."

Leaning forward, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says to you, "I hit my foot against a wall in manse and -oh- it hurt an awful lot. Hit things with feets all of the time as a bug but does not bother..."

You have emoted: Shulamit nods slowly, glancing over at Gurashi's feet as though checking for bruises.

<lack of wearing boots on Gurashi>

Glowing an amused shade of orange, you say, "Boots might help with that."

Gurashi wriggles his toes. "But Miss Reyqae says that toes are the best part of being like this."

Gurashi's eyes widen as he stares at you.

Thoughtfully, you say, "But only if they are unhurt."

Matter-of-factly, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says, "But have a point."

Gurashi suddenly laughs, hugging the lyre tight to his chest. "You are correct."

A heavy silence falls as Gurashi stops laughing. Slowly, he looks towards the Liar, biting his lower lip.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Gurashi, "Did anyone ever tell you the story of Sebitti Silkenhand?"

Gurashi looks up at you suddenly, shaking his head. He scoots closer to the pile of pillows housing the Liar's sleeping form, leaning so that his head rests now instead on an unused pile. "No."

You have emoted: Shulamit's music continues, although it turns to a slightly more sombre sound.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Sebitti Silkenhand was...like the Liar? Is? I have not seen her since They had left the first time."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "She was a priestess of the Lord-and-Lady, when They liked that title."

Gurashi listens to you speak, watching the lucidian play her own instrument as he attempts to follow along. "Oh - I see."

You have emoted: Shulamit pauses for a moment, plucking a few notes on the lyre.

Voice bright and clear, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo asks you, "...what happened to her?"

Gurashi tilts his head curiously at you.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "A few things. If you mean, "Where is she currently" I can not answer."

You have emoted: Shulamit glows a soft shade of blue, murmuring to herself.

Gurashi tilts his head, leaning more heavily into the pile of pillows. He plucks another note.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "She, at one point, went into the void."

Notes stopping suddenly, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo whispers, "The Void...?"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Yes. We were all...well, a lot of us were, very sad."

Voice bright and clear, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo asks you, "...did she come back?"

Looking upwards, as though trying to see through the villa into the rest of the city, you say, "Did you see the lighthouse, up up very far, near the entrance?"

Gurashi blinks, then leans over to peer out the small window. He cranes his neck, hair spilling sideways as he does so. "Uhm - maybe."

Voice bright and clear, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says, "Yes."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Up there I spent many days and months, glowing in tune with the lighthouse, trying to amplify it. As it was a beacon into the void."

Gurashi sits up straight again, frowning, listening.

Glowing a thoughtful shade of silver, you say, "And do you know what happened?"

Gurashi's eyes widen with anticipation. He says nothing.

You have emoted: Shulamit pulls one hand across the lyre, causing a ripple of music.

Cheerfully pink, you say, "She came back, through the void. She heard our cries and saw the light."

Humming to the music for a moment, you say to Gurashi, "This is why I am hopeful for Friend Liar. Wherever their mind is, we can bring them back."

Gurashi's eyes widen, and he smiles. "...that is a good story!" He says, laying a hand on his chest.

With a gasp, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo exclaims to you, "Of course we will!"

You have emoted: Shulamit hums softly, continuing to glow a soft shade of pink.

Gurashi bunches his shoulders, then looks over at the Liar. With some effort, he climbs across the pile, laying a hand upon the sleeping tae'dae's paw. "They will wake up, and will hopefully be very well rested... and will be safe. Yes."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "We just must continue to try and give them a soothing journey. After the one they have had, we must be kind."

You have emoted: Shulamit tucks a blanket around the Liar more, fussing over them briefly while being very careful to only touch fabric.

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

Gurashi smiles down at the Liar expectantly. The longer he waits, however, the less enthusiastic he seems to be, until at last his face falls and he rests again on the pile, still clutching the tae'dae's paw in his comparatively tiny hand. "Yeah..."

You wrap a comforting arm around Gurashi, glowing a soothing shade of ivory.

Gurashi's lip quivers as he smiles. He blinks at the arm, head dropping to the side to rest against the side of your at the gesture.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Gurashi, "It is okay to be sad. It is sad! But we will continue to be here, for our friend."

Gurashi stares down at the Liar, his hands limp on the lyre in his lap.

Almost in response to this display of affection and togetherness, there is a brief brush against your mind as a warm wind fills the room, blowing in from the nearby, open window.

You have emoted: Shulamit hums softly, ivory shade mingling with pinks and reds.

Dancing upon the wind, carrying with it the scent of honey, your eyes lose their focus and swim briefly in your head as a vision that is not yours overtakes you.

Gurashi closes his eyes and inhales deeply, absorbing the scent of his surroundings.

You have emoted: Shulamit breathes in slowly, smoke inside her slowing to a crawl.

You've been walking for a while now, and have yet to find the tell-tale shimmer of the Veil stretching off into eternity. The cool feeling of liquid melds with the smooth glass-like texture of the ground you walk on, and you're not quite sure how you feel about walking on clouds.

It rained just a little while ago, breaking up the perfect monotony of this strange sky world, and washing your fur out of the sand of that big pink desert. You think you liked it, but you're not really sure. The rain was very sweet, and tasted like...like those fuzzy pink fruits you found two crossings ago! Very sweet, very nice...but you can't stay.

You have emoted: Shulamit's hands strum her lyre ever so softly, leaning against Gurashi comfortably.

Gurashi stays within the reach of your arm, though he begins to lean closer and closer to the sleeping tae'dae. He firmly wraps an arm around their sleeping paw, his eyes glossy with tears as he stares blankly across the room.

You have emoted: Shulamit pats Gurashi on the back gently, careful to not pat the human too hard.

You trudge along, staring up at the sky, lost in this beautiful...bright colour. You'd only ever seen the dark blue before, you didn't know it could get this bright. It's beautiful, and if you could pick somewhere to stay...it would be here. Where everything is so peaceful, and pretty.

Gurashi finally gathers the lyre from upon his lap. He does his very best, one arm still hooked around the sleeping tae'dae's paw, to hold the instrument at a playable angle, quietly plucking a few notes to ensure it is in tune.

You have emoted: Shulamit hums softly, glowing in response to something that is not quite visible.

Finally, in the distance, your eye catches the shimmer of the Veil stretching up into the heaven and down as far as you can see into the earth. Or...mirror. Which way is it stretching in the first place? You're really not sure, but just beyond the shimmer you can see what looks like a lot of trees, but...are those purple stalks? And white leaves? In spite of your hunger, and thirst, and even your fear, a small surge of excitement perks in your mind at the thought of all that is new you've seen. Maybe one day, you'll be able to share these stories.

Maybe...

...one...

...day.

You have emoted: Shulamit looks at Gurashi softly, eyes clearing slightly.

The blessed warmth of the wind fades, leaving a chill on the back of your neck with its absence, and once more you are in the cozy room with the hand-painted ceiling, the stars above not quite in alignment with the ones you are so used to seeing. And for the briefest moment, there is a soft smile on the Liar's face as they float in their slumber, a familiar, yet ephemeral, sense of contentment and serenity rising in your chest as your eye spots it.

You have emoted: Shulamit gives Gurashi's shoulder a squeeze, a slightly concerned shade of emerald. "Are you okay?"

Gurashi trembles, face slowly turning redder and redder as his gray eyes gloss over with tears. Slowly, he sits up, still awkwardly angled and holding the lyre - plucking a single note... and then, another. And another.

You have emoted: Shulamit pulls away from Gurashi, giving him room to play.

Gurashi sniffles, nodding as he continues to play, the strummed notes soft, the tune hopeful yet melancholic. "...am blue, am blue, am blue am blue," He sings softly. "Oh, your one eye's blue." He looks at the ceiling. "The sky is blue. The ocean too. And lately, when we think of you," His voice trails, then begins again, "are blue."

Suddenly, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo sings, "Are O-K. Everything's fine, we're swell."

You have emoted: Shulamit listens to the song, hand on one of the Liar's shoulders, resting on top of the blanket.

Gurashi looks down at the lyre. "Are really not that well, it's true. Are blue."

Gurashi leans back, looking at the Liar as they sleep and singing a little louder. "Am hoping that you know how much that we love you. Am hoping that you know how much we all caaaare..."

You have emoted: Shulamit smiles softly in response to the song, glowing a warm shade of pink.

Gurashi heaves a great sigh, leaning forward as he plays louder still. "Is something in your eyes - do hope that realize, are blue for you." His arm squeezes the tae'dae's paw tighter. "Blue for you."

You have emoted: Shulamit glows a muted blue, attempting to mimic the colour of the sky.

Gurashi resumes playing the melody from the start of the song, sighing heavily as he begins to sing the first verse again, half-curled against the Liar's arm while he softly sings and plays.

Gurashi plucks an unexpectedly flat note, flinching as his singing suddenly stops.

Voice bright and clear, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo whispers, "Sorry."

The sweet, tangy scent of citrus wafts from the open window alongside the sound of shifting silk over stone.

You have emoted: Shulamit rubs Gurashi's back, whispering soothing ivory hinted words.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Gurashi, "Music is good, even when flat. It adds a..."

You have emoted: Shulamit seems stuck, searching for words.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Adds depth."

You nod solemnly.

You think to yourself: That is right.

Gurashi frowns as he holds the lyre tightly, then flicks his grey eyes towards the window.

You have emoted: Shulamit tilts her head softly. "The citrus thieves perhaps are out today. They are busy busy."

A sneaking orange thief crosses one ankle over the other as he watches the two of you, strangely motionless for once.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "They!"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Are the sneakiest!"

You have emoted: Shulamit places a hand over her heart, glowing an alarmed shade of red very briefly.

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

You have emoted: Shulamit calms down quickly, giving a sneaking orange thief the once over before smiling brightly.

Gurashi doesn't say anything immediately in response to you, offering the suddenly present a sneaking orange thief a smile. "Hello again."

With a gentle, unusual respect in his voice, a sneaking orange thief says, "Didn't mean to scare youse, missus Shulamit. Just happened to be passin' through, heard the music...figured I'd see what progress youse had made with ol' fuzz-paws over there."

Gurashi beams broadly at a sneaking orange thief.

You have emoted: Shulamit mellows out to an ivory shade again, with just a hint of orange.

You have emoted: Shulamit tilts her head to the side, seeming to ponder the question.

Leaning forward, hands clinging tightly to the windowsill as he peers at the sleeping tae'dae, a sneaking orange thief says, "No good, huh?"

Suddenly, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says, "It was a good dream."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Friend Liar is resting, but seems to be having better dreams. Reality tinging it, we hope."

All at once, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says to a sneaking orange thief, "Was having a nice dream - they even smiled...!"

You have emoted: Shulamit smiles at Gurashi before nodding an agreement.

Gurashi bites his lip once he realizes he's interrupted you, ducking his head sheepishly.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Gurashi, "It was not an interruption. You were here, and saw it, and can share, of course, of course."

Gurashi nods once, looking up again at the Liar with a big sigh before returning to look at a sneaking orange thief. "Do want to play too?" He asks, pointing at his lute.

You have emoted: Shulamit plucks a note on her own matching lyre. "I can make you one, if you wish."

Gurashi's expression falters suddenly, and he shakes his head before returning to the present conversation.

A sneaking orange thief nods along slowly as he listens, fingers loosening their grip only slightly noticeably at the mention of a smile. Suddenly, though, he shakes his head and says, "Nah, that'd give the poor kid nightmares for a hundred years. Youse'd probably have better sound skinning a cat than having me play."

You have emoted: Shulamit giggles, glow bouncing around the room gently. "I'm sure it wouldn't be as bad as when I first started playing the violin."

Gurashi gasps, unhooking his arm from the Liar's and trying to stand up on the pillow pile with little success. "Oog - uh, wait! Am still learning this one! We can teach you! If have the tim--omph," He trips over a pillow, faceplanting into the bottom of the pile as he makes his way for the window.

Glowing only a mildly concerned shade of silver, you say, "Are you okay, friend Gurashi?"

A sneaking orange thief snickers as he watches Gurashi's tumble down the pillowstack, commenting, "Graceful as a swan, huh?"

Gurashi remains facedown on the pillow pile. He raises a hand, offering a thumbs up.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I think he's still use to being all...kepheran and not all squishy."

You nod your head sagely.

You think to yourself: Kepheran are superior, as they're hard like lucidians. Probably.

Gurashi grunts, pushing himself up. "Toes are fun and hard," He whispers, wobbling to his feet. He plods over to the window, holding up the lyre for a sneaking orange thief to observe. "See? Pluck it. It will not sound bad promise."

Realisation dawning in his voice, a sneaking orange thief says, "Oh, youse mean...well, pull the other one. I thought youse'd brought someone new, the bug was all...colour me shocked, missus S."

You have emoted: Shulamit giggles more, lighting up the room with pink.

Flashing a toothy smile, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says to a sneaking orange thief, "Hi! It is me! Do look different?"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "It is Gurashi, yes yes! Very squishy."

Voice bright and clear, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says to a sneaking orange thief, "Do not worry am -still- a bug."

Suddenly very stoic, as if this were top secret information, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says to a sneaking orange thief, "But I cannot give forehead kisses as a bug and Friend Liar needs as many as they can get."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Forehead kisses are the secret? I see! I will keep it close."

A sneaking orange thief peers down at Gurashi closely, as though searching for antennae among the bright, sunrise tones of his hair. Perhaps he spends a moment too long looking at the hair, finally looking away and waving his hand, saying, "Well, it's no good anyway. These claws would snap those strings if I tried to pluck nothing."

Laughing, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says to a sneaking orange thief, "Aaaaah! You will not! Would not! If a bear can play a mandolin, then a dracnari can play a lyre!"

Thoughtfully blue, you say, "Are you sure? My hands are literally crystalline, and I have broken none yet! They aren't sharp though, is true."

Gurashi continues to hold the lyre upright, waiting for a note to be plucked.

You think to yourself: I haven't broken any instruments since I was a new minstrel, that's true.

Gurashi exhales a plume of smoke and a bit of flame and nods, his chin rising as if to a challenge.

A sneaking orange thief raises a scaled hand and wiggles it, the sharpened claws at the end of each finger glinting dangerously in the midmorning sun. "Youse'll have to trust me on this one, missus S. It wouldn't be the first instrument I ever nicked."

You think to yourself: For at least fifty years. More like a century.

"Oh?" you exclaim quizzically.

You nod your head slowly in understanding.

You think to yourself: There would of course be pretty orange instruments. Oh! I should design one as a gift.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to a sneaking orange thief, "I could make you a nice orange coloured instrument sometime, then, if not to play, then to have?"

Gurashi lets out another little "ahh" of disappointment, then lowers the instrument, sighing. "O-K. Will address calling to bardhood another time."

With a gasp, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo exclaims to you, "Oh! Yeah!"

Looking over again, suddenly excited, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo exclaims to a sneaking orange thief, "Yeah yeah! Honorary bard!"

You have emoted: Shulamit nods at Gurashi enthusiastically.

A sneaking orange thief pulls his hand back, decidedly returning it to the inners of his clothing as he looks into the bedroom again, a little smile on his face. "Man, I was wonderin' why the others told me to be careful around youse. Gonna try and steal me away to some other callin', missus S? Think what the Saint would say about that!"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Oh, no! I would not attempt to steal you from your path. Only if you found you liked it more! Wait. Is that still stealing from a path. Hm."

Gurashi blinks.

You think to yourself: I am unsure. How does stealing a person work.

An impish grin creeps over a sneaking orange thief's face as his eyes light up with mischief.

Voice bright and clear, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo asks, "You are supposed to be careful of us?"

Voice bright and clear, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says, "Or... of Miss Shulamit....."

A sneaking orange thief shrugs and pantomimes sewing his lips shut before tossing away the needle.

Looking suddenly confused, you say, "Wait, people are to be careful of me?"

Gurashi suddenly looks over at you, rubbing his chin. He plants his free hand on his hip, letting out a loud 'hmm'

You think to yourself: That's never happened! Or maybe it has, and I hadn't noticed.

You think to yourself: Am I...scary?

Suddenly, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo asks a sneaking orange thief, "What is your name?"

You have emoted: Shulamit puffs up like a little plump bird briefly, glowing an odd shade of maroon.

Gurashi leans forward, cocking his head curiously.

You have emoted: Shulamit puffs up like a little plump bird briefly, glowing an odd shade of maroon.

Gurashi leans forward, cocking his head curiously.

A sneaking orange thief points to his sewn lips and gives a half-hearted snap of disappointment, eyes still sparkling with delighted mischief.

Gurashi gasps suddenly. "....WAIT do you HAVE ONE?"

Gurashi boggles at a sneaking orange thief.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Gurashi, "There are many secrets! And names can be one of them!"

Gurashi stands up straight and clasps his hands on either side of his face, shock. "B-but..."

Voice bright and clear, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says, "There is more than one ora--OH."

Voice bright and clear, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says to a sneaking orange thief, "I HAVE A GIFT FOR YOU."

Gurashi boggles at a sneaking orange thief.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Gurashi, "We could just, of course...call him friend."

You have emoted: Shulamit sparkles for a moment, light refracting and shattering.

Gurashi puffs his cheeks at you.

A sneaking orange thief looks surreptitiously left, then right, before reaching up and snipping away the invisible thread with one gleaming claw. "Youse would be surprised who else here has a name." He gives one wink, eyes moving to linger on the Liar for a moment before returning to flicking around the room.

You have emoted: Shulamit glances off to the side, looking amused for a moment.

Gurashi tilts his head curiously.

Not quite getting it, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says to a sneaking orange thief, "... i.... is ... is it you."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Everyone has a name, or had, or will have, no matter how hidden."

Gurashi puffs his cheeks again and furrows his brow, looking confused.

Looking as though she actually understands for once in her life, you say, "I think I understand. But I am unsure how to know. Except with bribes."

You have emoted: Shulamit looks at a sneaking orange thief, glowing an amused shade of sapphire.

A sneaking orange thief shrugs and pantomimes sewing his lips shut before tossing away the needle.

You ponder a needle of swirling colours thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

Gurashi blinks.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "What is sewn, can be unsewn."

You nod solemnly.

Gurashi's shoulders bunch and drop in confusion. Suddenly he turns to a sneaking orange thief again, reaching out to tug their sleeve. "Can you accept presents?"

Voice bright and clear, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says to a sneaking orange thief, "We can say you stole them if makes it so can keep."

Gurashi tilts his head curiously.

You have emoted: Shulamit hums softly, having no gifts to offer, only music and light.

A sneaking orange thief glances outside the window before winking and then disappearing in a flash, leaving only the faint scent of citrus behind.

Voice bright and clear, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says, "...ah!"

Gurashi gasps, watching the thief leave. "Wait!"

You have emoted: Shulamit's eyes sparkle with amusement, nodding solemnnly.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Gurashi, "You will not find him now, most likely."

Gurashi runs up to the window, stopping only once he hits the sill and leaning out to look down.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Gurashi, "Blending in...oh yes."

Flustered, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo exclaims, "Aahhhh! Why is so fast!"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Because that is his calling, is it not? Well, part of it."

Gurashi's shoulders sag as he heaves a great sigh, puffing his cheeks as he scans the docks and nearby streets. "...mm," He finally turns back to you, twiddling. "Right."

Slowly walking back over to where Shulamit and the Liar rest, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo asks you, "Does he visit often...?"

You have emoted: Shulamit pats Gurashi's shoulder, nodding solemnly. "Perhaps another trip, he will come back for a gift, or..."

You have emoted: Shulamit ponders the question thoughtfully.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "He, nor none of his fellows, have visited while I was here. Buuuut. I usually tuck friend Liar in, and sing something soft, then go. Perhaps, though."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Perhaps he has been listening from the window when I've done so."

Your eyes sparkle with amusement.

Voice bright and clear, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says to you, "He was here last time - when visited with Friend Tsakali."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "You could see I am oblivious to their entrances."

Voice bright and clear, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says to you, "Mm... but they smell nice."

Acknowledging Gurashi's point to be true, you nod your head gravely at him.

Voice bright and clear, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says, "Is hard not to notice."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Well, I."

You think to yourself: I...am bad at noticing.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Am not good at noticing."

Gurashi looks up thoughtfully, then dramatically falls onto the bottom of the pillow pile, limbs splayed. "That is O-K. Am usually not either."

Shutting his eyes, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says to you, "Maybe if the Beloved and the thieves were to all sing to Friend Liar together, they would like it."

Eyes still closed, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says, "They want Friend Liar to wake up too... hope is because miss them."

Showing that you understand, you nod your head slowly towards Gurashi.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "When more of the Beloved are awake, I will suggest it to them."

Gurashi opens his eyes, smiling up at you. "Will?"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Of course I will."

Looking up, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says to you, "Miss Shulamit, know am not a Beloved, and so know are things that I cannot help you and yours and the Shofets with, but - if can help, please let know."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Even if you are not Beloved, you are still beloved to me."

You nod your head gravely in acknowledgement of the point.

Gurashi blinks.

Gurashi beams broadly at you.

With a laugh, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says, "You are to me too, even though are definitely technically a Beloved already!"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I should probably rest again. Not...quite as deeply. And yes."

You have emoted: Shulamit sparkles with amusement.

Voice bright and clear, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says, "Ah!"

Gurashi smiles, sitting up.

Voice bright and clear, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says to you, "Many thank yous for letting me visit you and Friend Liar."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Gurashi, "Be well, dear."

You give Gurashi a peck on the cheek.

You have emoted: Shulamit seems to waffle for a moment on something.

You think to yourself: One...kiss? Is okay?

Gurashi offers a little wave.

Leaning forward, you gently press a kiss to the Liar's brow.

There is nothing but silence to greet you as the Liar continues to float just off the ground, face captured in fitful sleep.

Gurashi beams broadly.

Voice bright and clear, Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo says, "Oh yeah!"

<logging out because I need to eat>

Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

Comments

• Shulamit grows still and her lips begin to move silently.

You have emoted: Gurashi quickly stands up, beginning his ascent of mount pillow. "Be well!"

You have emoted: Gurashi continues to crawl until he reaches the top of the pillow pile, heaving a great sigh. He plants a hand on either side of the Liar's furry head, beaming down at them. "Many thank yous for showing your dream," He whispers. "Was beautiful. Want to hear about all of dreams..." His lip twitches at the thought, and he stares across the room in silence. "Am sorry am not more familiar with dreams, so do not know how else to help..."

You have emoted: Gurashi leans forward to plant a firm kiss against the Liar's forehead, then leans away, looking as though his limbs might suddenly feel very heavy. "Do mind if nap here with you?" He asks the silence of the room, carefully sliding away and down the pile of pillows, stopping once level with the Liar's paw. "Because did not bring shoes and am kind of tired."

A single, fat tear can be seen gathering at the corner of one of the Liar's closed eyes, finally falling to land with a barely audible drip upon a cushion.

You have emoted: Gurashi frowns, looking up at the Liar just in time to catch sight of the tear.

You have emoted: Gurashi's lip quivers. Finally, he sets his jaw, setting down both lyre and lute at his feet so he may flop himself down on the pillow pile beside the Liar. He curls up into a loose ball, wrapping one arm arm around the tae'dae's again while blinking sleepily. At the bottom of the pillows, Bizirik tosses its head, then lays down as well, grooming itself silently.

You think to yourself: Orange thieves .... blue places...

You think to yourself: .... Friend Liar ...

‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’