Pet Play Time!

DaraiusDaraius ShevatThe juror's taco spot
edited February 2020 in Event Scrolls
Just some #wholesome2020 content with Loophole and Turilira.

Orventa ponders a Hallifaxian painted dog thoughtfully, looking him up and down.

Tall, slender, and mottled in a wild array of colors, this svelte canine appears painted in every sense of the word. A conspicuous steel tag affixed to his left ear bears the engraved designation LPH001, signifying the creature as the first and, Fates willing, perhaps the only exhibit of whatever mad art show or science fair produced him. His topography is that of a lithe hunting dog, with long, narrow legs and a slim waist giving him a sleek, handsome profile, but his fur, if it can be so called, is an anarchic canvas of ever-shifting colors. One moment, splotches of amber and rings of crimson drift over broad swaths of sunset orange. The next, icy sapphirine and turquoise tones crystallize across his aerodynamic frame. Every passing moment or mood seems to bring with it a new configuration of hues to his psychedelic pelt, though the fur of his muzzle, face, and saucer-shaped ears seems to shift exclusively among darker, dusky shades. His eyes remain unchanging, the two berylline orbs sparkling with an unmistakable intelligence and curiosity from an untroubled brow. From his rear hangs a modest tail every bit as mottled as the rest of his coat, tipped in unshifting white and swaying languidly behind him. With every movement, vibrant hues drip from the dog's body in viscous strands and fine droplets, decorating the ground beneath him - as well as any nearby furniture, structures, or people - with abstract expressionist portraits. Mercifully, the scattered tints dissipate like wisps of morning cirrus after a few moments.

Daraius says to Orventa, "It appears green and white remain the favorites."

A Hallifaxian painted dog sniffs curiously at Orventa in search of tints, leaving colorful nose-prints on her garments.

His ears falling back against his head, Daraius says, "Ah yes... do pardon my companion."

Orventa chuckles long and heartily.

Daraius says, "His, ah... residue is quite temporary, thankfully."

A storm-coloured greyhound pants heavily, his tail wagging enthusiastically.

A Hallifaxian painted dog wiggles his rear around, as if he were trying to wag a tail.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect smiles with a wink and says, "Oh that's... quite alright, it's much more pleasant than g.r.a.v.y stains that Turilira gets everywhere."

Orventa peers about herself unscrupulously.

Daraius opens his mouth but says nothing.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Does painted companion have a name?"

A Hallifaxian painted dog succeeds in wagging his tail after some effort, slinging ropes of viscous paint behind him.

Orventa's eyes sparkle with amusement.

"Mm," Daraius hums in acknowledgement, though the sound is more a growl than anything. "According to his tag, his official designation is LPH001. My dear pup Miso has taken to calling him Loophole."

A Hallifaxian painted dog's ears perk up with a sudden interest.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Loophole... now that's a fascinating name!"

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "How did you find him?"

Daraius glances skyward and exhale an uncertain growl.

Orventa rummages through her belongings before extracting a distinctly hamster shaped object. She holds it out in the palm of her hand, looking to Daraius for approval first, then back towards the colourful canine. "Mind if I play with him a bit, Lord Shevat?"

Daraius's whiskers droop perceptibly.

A Hallifaxian painted dog's eyes widen as he catches sight of the toy and he immediately drops his front half in an unmistakable play bow.

Daraius looks undecided and says, "I suppose so. Someone ought to."

By way of explanation, Daraius says, "It seems I mistakenly placed a rather whimsical portrait on public display at the opera house marquee, and it caught the attention of a rogue apprentice artist or junior scientist."

Orventa rubs her chin thoughtfully, raises her eyebrow and says, "I see..."

Daraius says to Orventa, "You may have heard of Ansun Fairquillion's recent catastrophic living art project..."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect laughingly says, "You may have to refresh my memory, my friend."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "If you'd rather not, I understand how most of the citizens' hounds are under strict training..."

Daraius says, "He unleashed crystalline reindeer on the city and we had to engage in a concerted effort to herd them, or at least collect their tags so they could be catalogued."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "I would expect no less of a hound of the Shevat household."

Comprehension flashes across Orventa's face.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Goodness."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "A crystalline reindeer."

Eying his companion with an expression somewhere between fondness and disdain, Daraius says, "I really wouldn't consider him to be, ah... of the Shevat household."

Showing that she understands, Orventa nods her head slowly.

Daraius says, "But by all means, he's been well behaved today."

Daraius turns up his paw in a benign kind of shrug.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "That is excellent to hear."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Perhaps a bit of supervised play wouldn't hurt, mm?"

Orventa begins to wield a squeaky toy hamster in her right hand.

A Hallifaxian painted dog tilts his head at Daraius, squinting his berylline eyes before training his full attention on Orventa once more.

Daraius nods reluctantly.

Orventa points a squeaky toy hamster at a Hallifaxian painted dog.

Daraius says, "In any event... the culprit had not been found, and no means of disposal has been effective."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says to a Hallifaxian painted dog, "Do you like hammie hamsters, my dear? Would you like to play with this one?"

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect whispers to a Hallifaxian painted dog, "I won't tell the Justices if you won't."

Orventa ceases to wield a squeaky toy hamster in her right hand.

A Hallifaxian painted dog hops back slightly, still posed in a play bow, and turns his saucer-like ears towards Orventa, tail wagging uncontrollably. Though one might expect a series of playful barks accompanying such a display of enthusiasm, the dog makes no sound.

Daraius makes eyes contact with a Hallifaxian painted dog for a moment and taps a blank canvas as if in warning.

A Hallifaxian painted dog nods his head at Daraius.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Oh now that's unusual hm? But that's alright you're a lovely creature, yes you are!"

Orventa waves about a squeaky toy hamster energetically.

Daraius says to Orventa, "He seems to learn through positive reinforcement as one might expect of any dog, so I've been able to teach him some utilitarian tricks."

Orventa points a squeaky toy hamster at a Hallifaxian painted dog.

A Hallifaxian painted dog's eyes follow the toy in Orventa's hand and he quivers with excitement.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Here it comes, let's catch hm?"

Orventa ponders the situation.

A Hallifaxian painted dog pounces on a storm-coloured greyhound, sending a storm-coloured greyhound rolling head over heels with him.

Orventa nods her head at Daraius.

Pinning a storm-coloured greyhound to the platform and utterly ruining its coat with multicolored paint, a Hallifaxian painted dog continues to watch Orventa eagerly.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Let's try again shall we? Maybe the squeaker got broken."

Orventa begins to wield a squeaky toy hamster in her right hand.

Orventa tosses a squeaky toy hamster to a Hallifaxian painted dog, and he catches it nimbly.

A Hallifaxian painted dog prances about like a playful deer.

Orventa gives up a round of applause.

A Hallifaxian painted dog glares angrily at a storm-coloured greyhound.

Daraius says, "Hm, not bad at all."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says to Daraius, "Yes, that was quite a jump."

Daraius says, "I've not seen him take much interest in toys. Normally he seems focused on procuring tints only."

Orventa rubs her chin thoughtfully, raises her eyebrow and says, "I see..."

Daraius makes a subtle hand gesture to a Hallifaxian painted dog.

A Hallifaxian painted dog gives a squeaky toy hamster to Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect.

Orventa's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Orventa reaches over to a Hallifaxian painted dog and itches his back.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "That's a good catch! Yes, very good comrade Loophole."

A Hallifaxian painted dog leans into Orventa's hand, slathering it with viscous tints.

Raising his paws defensively, Daraius says, "It will evaporate, I insist."

Orventa giggles happily.

Orventa removes her hand and raises it, palm up to observe the dripping colours.

A Hallifaxian painted dog approaches a storm-coloured greyhound contritely and begins attempting to lick the paint residue from its face, succeeding only in applying more.

Looking downtrodden, Daraius sadly shakes his head.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "You know, I bet Loophole... would be well suited with the Children's ward..."

The corners of Orventa's mouth turn up as she grins mischeviously.

"Oh?" Daraius exclaims quizzically.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "An educational assistant, for beginning colour theory."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Art classes and such."

Comprehension settling over his canine features, Daraius says, "Ah, I thought you meant to allow children to indulge in their messiest impulses while their parents work, so that they're less inclined to act out at home."

Seemingly worn down by the brief activity, a Hallifaxian painted dog settles down at Daraius's feet, opening his mouth in a silent yawn before resting his chin on crossed paws.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Oh heavens no, simply for strict purposes of providing tincture with which to mix.. neatly."

Daraius nods his head slowly in understanding.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Can he change to monochrome?"

Daraius says, "Mm, he can, but I don't think he enjoys it."

Daraius gives a white tincture to a Hallifaxian painted dog.

All color seems to fade from a Hallifaxian painted dog's pelt as pristine white settles over his entire body. Craning his head back to look over himself, the animal looks somehow disappointed.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Mn, I see."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Though one could argue white is the culmination of all colours, no? Perhaps more positive reinforcement."

Daraius's eyes sparkle with amusement behind the lenses of his spectacles.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "..in the form of coloured treats."

Daraius says, "Indeed, he quite likes most tints. I've found them to be useful training tools."

Orventa nods her head in agreement.

A Hallifaxian painted dog lowers his pure white body to the ground, discontent clear across his face as he waits patiently for color to return to his pelt, a pool of white spreading beneath him all the while.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Poor thing."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Perhaps some new colours to cheer him up."

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar trots in with head high, butting Orventa gently with his head.

"Ahah!" Orventa exclaims triumphantly.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar snuffles softly.

Turning up his paw, Daraius says, "By all means."

Daraius dips his bewhiskered canid muzzle politely to Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar.

This shadhahvar has all the appearance of a creature bred for a life of luxury. In shape, he is muchlike a fawn, though more finely built. He is just the right size for nestling in one's lap, and the flossy filaments that comprise his pelt are luxuriously soft. His eyes are large and soulful, which he uses to great success in persuading people to feed him. Swirls of muted iridescence dance furiously across the expanse of his translucent body, every excitation of light giving rise to new quivering patterns. In counterpoint to the bedlam of writhing colours are cooling, calming, soft tendrils of air that cavort and interweave around him like a living arabesque. Seraphic wings cascade outwards from his shoulder blades in a thin-spun delicacy of mist. And yet, despite his serene gaze and lines of grace, there is a decidedly deadly quality about him. It is whispered of through the languid twitching of his leonine tail; in the gentle, tinkling timbre of his cloven hooves as they fall aground; and ultimately, manifested in the grim sharpness of his horn. From between his dark eyes it thrusts, jagged and gleaming with a crackled network of platinum-edged fissures. Should a wandering wind become trapped within this delicate maze, it is immediately transformed and released again as a strain of dulcet melody.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar bows, extending his right foreleg and gracefully lowering his horned head in turn.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says to Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar, "Turi, there you are. Might you have some of those new tints with you by the by?"

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar tilts his head curiously.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar ponders the situation.

A Hallifaxian painted dog eyes the new arrival curiously, but doesn't move from his hunkered position.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "We'd like to gift them to a new friend here, that painted dog there. His name's Loophole."

Comprehension flashes across Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar's face.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar nods his head enthusiastically.

Daraius crosses his arms expectantly.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar says, "I has.... purples."

Daraius says, "I imagine he would enjoy that. One at a time, though, if you please."

Daraius says, "It's ah... not enjoyable to contend with him when he's been overfed."

A Hallifaxian painted dog curls his lip in something of a sneer, shimmying slightly as some of his kaleidocopic colors begin to show through the ever-dissipating white.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar goes still a moment before concentrating and opens his mouth. A quick succession of noises emerges as he quite animatedly expectorates a neat pile of coloured tints onto the ground before him.

Orventa looks up into the air for divine inspiration.

Daraius opens his mouth but says nothing.

Daraius looks undecided and says, "Well. It is something like that, actually."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "..yes, he's usually neater.. Turi!"

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar gives a group of 5 purpletints to Daraius.

Daraius calls out "Thank you."

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar beams broadly.

Orventa thrusts her palm towards her forehead and hits it with a resounding *smack*!

Daraius gives 5 purpletints to Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "I can only apologise."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "At least it doesn't have drool."

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar exclaims, "Is tintss!"

His lips turning up in something of a grin, Daraius says, "Not to worry. I have, by necessity, increased my tolerance for coming into contact with magical animal fluids."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "We know.. but what did Lord Shevat say about one at a time, hmm? Don't want to make our new friend ill."

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar slumps down dejectedly.

A Hallifaxian painted dog watches the exchange of tints with rapt interest.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Just one.."

Orventa carefully offers the royal purple tint in her outstretched palm.

A Hallifaxian painted dog daintily swallows the tincture and assumes a regal bearing as a shroud of royal violet falls about his coat, dappled with breaths of lilac and lavender.

A sound somewhere between a chuckle and a growl rumbles in Daraius's chest.

"Oooooooooh!" Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar says, eyes wide with wonder.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Oh that is a lovely shade of violet."

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar snuffles softly at a Hallifaxian painted dog.

A Hallifaxian painted dog saunters in a wide circle around Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar, leaving purple pawprints in his wake as he shows off unabashedly.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar gambols about playfully with a Hallifaxian painted dog.

Daraius says, "Hmm. There is no training him not to make a mess, but I wonder if he can be trained not to be so full of himself."

Orventa chuckles long and heartily.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar sniffs a Hallifaxian painted dog, trying to decipher just what that smell emanating from him is.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar says, "Hes smell like flower."

Daraius looks confused and says, "Does he?"

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Maybe they used some flowers to grind into the tints."

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar trots in circles, chasing his long tail lazily before circling back around to follow the Hallifaxian painted dog's circular pacing, gleefully trailing hoofprints to match the dog's pawprints.

A Hallifaxian painted dog gleefully scampers about with Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar, scribing some abstract masterpiece on the platform as the two disappear for a few moments around the other side of the Matrix. When they return, the glass shadhahvar emerges with fresh coat of paint of his own.

Daraius touches his fingertips to his forehead and exhales a small weary growl.

Daraius says, "I'm beginning to suspect he's had enough fun for one day."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect whispers to Daraius, "We could say it's... a decorative mural."

Even as the scattered paint begins to evaporate in fine wisps, Daraius says, "Fates willing, it will be gone before anyone else sees it."

Daraius looks undecided and says, "The dozens of guards here notwithstanding."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Turi, I think that's enough, come back here."

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar gives a pained sigh.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar says, "Okays...."

A Hallifaxian painted dog romps in one more tight circles around Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar, slapping one last splotch of violet on his side with his tail before returning to Daraius and sitting obediently.

Daraius peers at a Hallifaxian painted dog unscrupulously.

Daraius asks a Hallifaxian painted dog, "You expect a reward for all this?"

Summoning the most adorable visage he can manage, a Hallifaxian painted dog slowly tilts his head to stare at Daraius with pleading eyes.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar trots back over to where Daraius and Orventa are standing, his tail flagging high and carefree.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar licks a Hallifaxian painted dog.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar says to Daraius, "Hes good dog friend."

Daraius says to Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar, "Thank you for entertaining him. I hope he wasn't too rough with you."

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar shakes his head.

Daraius says to Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar, "You are not as fragile as you look, I assume?"

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar exclaims to Daraius, "Is strong!"

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar nods his head enthusiastically.

Showing that he understands, Daraius nods his head slowly towards Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar says to Daraius, "Is dog friend, Loops happys?"

Daraius pauses for a second in contemplation.

Daraius asks a Hallifaxian painted dog, "Would you give our comrade some gesture of gratitude for his patience?"

A Hallifaxian painted dog cranes his head over his shoulder to look at Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar, then gets to his feet and turns around, once again lowering himself into an unmistakable bow. This time, his tail hangs politely still and he lowers his large ears back in a submissive posture.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar beams broadly.

Daraius says to Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar, "I suppose that's an expression of friendship?"

A Hallifaxian painted dog leans in and licks Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar, quickly jumping back and surveying his surroundings with an innocent expression.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar exclaims, "I am happys Loops is happys!!"

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar snuggles up close to a Hallifaxian painted dog and leans comfortably on him.

A Hallifaxian painted dog leans against Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar, closing his eyes in comfortable repose.

"Awwwww!" Orventa says.

Orventa coughs softly.

A sound somewhere between a chuckle and a growl rumbles in Daraius's chest.

Shaking his head, a subtle grin on his muzzle despite himself, Daraius says, "He continues to endear himself to me."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect laughingly says to Daraius, "Looks like we tired him out."

Daraius nods his head sagely.

Daraius says to a Hallifaxian painted dog, "Time to rest."

Daraius holds out a blank canvas and makes meaningful eye contact with a Hallifaxian painted dog. In response, the animal nods once and leaps towards the canvas, resolving with a ripple and a shimmer into a painting of Lycaon Pictus Hallifaxus.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar gives a horrified gasp.

Daraius tilts his head curiously at Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar says, "Is that Loops home?"

Daraius says to Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar, "I suppose so. It's the portrait I painted initially, and which I found blank in the marquee display as reports of a painted vandal began circulating through the city."

Showing that he understands, Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar nods his head slowly.

Daraius says, "He seems content enough to return to it when I ask, so I can only assume it's not an unpleasant existence."

Daraius stares in intent contemplation of a painting of Lycaon Pictus Hallifaxus.

Daraius says, "And I don't have to pay stable fees."

A wry smile spreads across Orventa's face.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar rears up on his hind legs, pawing his fore hooves excitedly before him. He inhales deeply to express a bewildering strain of notes toward Daraius and the painting. "He come play another time, yes?"

Daraius says to Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar, "Certainly. I'm given to understand play is important to the development of young animals."

Daraius's ear flicks towards the sound of a humble Toshan pocket watch, unheard until this moment. Glancing at the timepiece, he says, whiskers drooping, "I'm afraid I must take my leave for a time."

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar slows his excited warbling and settles on all fours once more.

Orventa nods her head emphatically.

Daraius says to Orventa, "It was lovely seeing you, comrade. I'll be thrilled with any submission you may come up with for the Festival."

Orventa smiles softly.

"May you be well, and your efforts fruitful," Daraius says with a gentle growl, clasping his paws and offering a polite bow.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says to Daraius, "Indeed, it was truly a pleasure to see you and meet your new companion."

Orventa carefully lifts the skirt of her gown and dips into a deep curtsey.

A low, contented growl arises within Daraius's chest.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar bows, extending his right foreleg and gracefully lowering his horned head in turn.

Daraius dips his bewhiskered canid muzzle politely to Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar.
I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."