A Declaration of... Love? (Hallifax Refounding skit)

Very edited, I wanted to get mostly Setisoki and Miella's parts alone. Will post the full log later, if someone else doesn't first.

Overseer Choros Shevat, Architect of the Invisible says to Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird, "Do you wish to take a turn?"

Turning up his paws in a benign kind of shrug, Lord Daraius Shevat, Minister of Cultural Affairs says, "I thought I might extend the opportunity to take part. There is no obligation, of course."

"I...would require a partner," Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird says hesitantly, before shaking her head. "But Lini is right, surely it would be...unfair, yes!...for we Master Artists to take part."

Giving an encouraging smile, Overseer Choros Shevat, Architect of the Invisible says to Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird, "If you feel as though you cannot improvise, I totally understand."

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird's back straightens abruptly, and her warm smile turns into a challenged expression, one eyebrow raised. "I am a Master Artist, Overseer," she proclaims, rising to her feet. "I am quite capable of improvisation."

With the faintest amusement, Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says to Choros, "Overseer, we have already proven our station. Must we dance for you to prove our status among Hallifax's elite?"

Nelebrin Fairquillion, the Jade Wind laughs gaily, his silks hanging around his elbows as he says, "I did not think I would see Lady Windwhisper perform, this will be delightful."

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says to Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird, "Do as you wish, dear. The Princess seems keen."

Raising his hands in submission, Overseer Choros Shevat, Architect of the Invisible says, "Of course not. I would never dream of assuming your inadequacy in playing this trival game. I'm sure you will do swimmingly."

Daraius's tail tick-tocks merrily behind him as he observes the proceedings with a placid mien.

Princess Setisoki glances to the trill at her side as she rises, understanding flashing across her features. "Ah, you mean to have Master Windwhisper perform. That is well." Then she blinks once, twice, in acknowlegement of Linira's comment. "Master Cloudwalker, I do not believe I have expressed any keenness to participate."

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer's wings fan to and fro as she shrugs, saying with a yawn, "No? How droll. Miella shall be ever so disappointed."

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird steps out from the benches, coming to stand beside Daraius expectantly, her fingers entwined around her closed fan.

Daraius dips his bewhiskered canid muzzle politely to Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird.

Nelebrin Fairquillion, the Jade Wind's eyes twinkle as he looks sharply at Linira, a coy smile on his face.

Princess Setisoki gazes at Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer as she shifts position slightly, her eyes and abdomen glowing an eerie emerald.

After a potent pause, Princess Setisoki says, "It would be inappropriate to disappoint a Master Artist."

Princess Setisoki rises to her feet, managing to offer a clasped-hand bow to those departing on her way to stand beside Miella.

His entire aura brightening with enthusiasm, Lord Daraius Shevat, Minister of Cultural Affairs says, "Ah, how marvelous. What will be your team name?"

"Adherents of Zarakido," Princess Setisoki states matter-of-factly, folding her hands together before her. Her abdomen retains its glow as she takes up a position opposite Miella.

Showing that he understands, Daraius nods his head slowly.

Lord Daraius Shevat, Minister of Cultural Affairs says, "Very well, Adherents of Zarakido. Your debut begins when I read your prompt."

Nelebrin Fairquillion, the Jade Wind's face lifts into a small smile as he turns his head back towards the stage, eyeing the performance with a much more vested interest than any previous.

Princess Setisoki nods in acknowledgement, unclasping and then reclasping her hands before her.

"Oh me, oh my," Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird murmurs, almost bouncing on her toes. "How exciting."

Daraius looks over a pocket-sized crystalline scroll, selecting from the vast list of prompts entirely at random. "A squire assists their paladin in preparing for battle," he reads dispassionately. "One is about to profess their love for the other."

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer lets out a quiet, not very ladylike cackle as the prompt is read, though she swiftly clears her throat and regains a sense of composure.

Princess Setisoki stares blankly at Daraius for a long moment. Her hands unclasp; reclasp. She shifts her weight from one foot to the other, and turns to watch Miella expectantly.

Nelebrin Fairquillion, the Jade Wind's interest fades in a sharp turn, feigning a yawn as his eyes slide back towards Tridemon. He considers for a moment, then rises only to lounge in a seat closer to Linira.

Kethaera nibbles at the edge of her cookie, turning to the Princess and Miella with rapt attention.

For a moment, Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird remains in an awkward stalemate as she simply gazes back at Setisoki with wide eyes. But it is the Master Artist who composes herself first. She tucks her fan into her belt, steps forward, and extends her arms out either side of her. "The breastplate first," she snaps, pitching her voice half an octave lower and turning her soft gaze into a hard stare.

Princess Setisoki continues to stand there, her antennae shifting back and forth, sending the gemstones between them tinkling idly. Her mouth parts as if to speak, but no words come out. For a third time, she unclasps and reclasps her hands at her waist.

"Squire," Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird insists, taking another step forward. She does not quite break from her role, but there is a push in her voice as she raises an eyebrow at Setisoki. "Are you deaf, woman? Get that breastplate on me, or I'll be late to raise the colours, and the General'll have your head for it when I tell him."

Princess Setisoki lets out a sharp breath and nods, her hands coming apart. With uncharacteristic stiffness, she reaches down and attempts to mime picking up armour. Her hands are spread comedically wide, though there is no sign that she intends it this way. Another glance from Miella and she stands, stepping over and pretending to lift the incorrectly-sized armour over the trill's head.

But as the kephera comes to stand behind Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird and begins to incorrectly mime dealing with buckles, the trill reaches out and grabs her chitinous wrist abruptly. "Squire," she says, her chin tilted slightly to display her darkening gaze to the audience - but not her acting partner - "How long have you served me?"

Princess Setisoki instinctually pulls her arm, only to find it held fast. Her other hand continues to mime buckles slightly too long, though she stops it after a moment, letting it hang at her side. She works unspoken words for a moment before any come out. "Seven...years? Sir?"

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird spins, not letting go of the kephera's arm - she ducks under it instead, and now they are facing one another, the crossed grip between them like fencing swords poised at readiness. "And," she says, her voice still low and intent, quite unlike its normal melodic self, "do you...enjoy doing so?"

"Enjoy?" Princess Setisoki asks, her face twisting with a naturally perplexed expression that may not be intentional. Her eyes flicker back and forth, unable to keep from drifting to the audience. The trill shakes her arm lightly, and the kephera looks back at her, taking a breath. She focuses, as if recalling something, and stands with more of her normal poise. "No, sir. I quite hate every moment of it."

If Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird is surprised at the response, she displays none of it in her acting - instead, she yanks hard on the kephera's arm, pulling her into an unexpected embrace, throwing the other arm around her waist. The two of them remain perfectly on balance, as if practised. "But *squire*!" Miella sighs in that same deep voice, now tinged with desperation. "Have we not spent so many months together, just us! So many trials we have weathered! Have you no passion for it, woman?"

Princess Setisoki raises both brows at Miella, her stiffness returning as she pointedly looks down at their grappled arms, then back at Miella's face. Another pause, and another pointed glance from the trill, and Setisoki manages to reply, "Passion, sir. For you, sir. No, sir."

In a sudden flurry of movement that causes both of their gowns to rustle, Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird releases Setisoki and pushes her away. She herself turns, bringing one fist to her chest in a forlorn swoon. "Woe!" she cries, throwing her head to the sky. "Woe and despair, to be so rejected!"

Princess Setisoki looks mildly astonished at the sudden transformation - so much so that she freezes still in the ready position she had naturally stumbled to when pushed.

After a moment, Princess Setisoki says, "...sir?"

"No!" Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird cries, bringing that fist now to her forehead. "Do not speak to me. I cannot bear the sound of your voice, in all its perfect melody!" Her hands come then to her chest, clutching there. "Go. Go, and pain me no more, if you cannot understand the monumentous power of my - of my love!" She all but crows the word, throwing her hands out befor e her.

"Very well, sir," Princess Setisoki says, seeming uncertain how else to reply. "I will leave." But once more, the trill grabs her arm - this time as she turns to walk off the stage. "...sir?"

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird throws herself to her knees in a puddle of cerulean silk. "No! Do not leave, squire! I cannot bear your absence, not for a moment!"

Princess Setisoki opens and closes her mouth before saying, lightly, "Sir, you are acting in an exceedingly contrary manner."

Daraius drops a humble Toshan pocket watch to his side, content to allow the scene to reach its natural conclusion.

"So great is the violent roiling of my love!" Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird proclaims, before her eyes catch Daraius's gesture. She cocks her head for the briefest of moments, then looks back at Setisoki. "I swear to you, I shall not *leave* this *place* until you accept my love!"

Princess Setisoki follows Miella's glance to Daraius's absent watch. Her eyes widen at once in a combination of relief and understanding. "Then I must apologise, sir," she says in the same frankness with which she agreed to the entire performance. "I must have been mistaken. It would seem I am quite madly in love with you after...all?"

Nelebrin Fairquillion, the Jade Wind's leg crosses over the other, and one arm drops to allow silk to clump around his wrist as the other covers his mouth. A moment later, a clearly effected voice calls, "OH NO, IS THERE A ZARAKIDO EMERGENCY IN THE LOWER WARDS?"

Nelebrin Fairquillion, the Jade Wind looks around for the source of the noise, clearly surprised.

Though what Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird says next is simply mouthed, not spoken, some understanding passes between the two women - because a moment later, Miella drops into a Tessenchi stance and sweeps Setisoki's feet out from under her. The Princess leaps into it, such that when Miella lunges forward she catches the kephera in her arms and runs, abruptly, off the stage entirely.

(Adherents): Princess Setisoki says, "I am...pleased to have performed the necessary function for the Collective. Master Windwhisper, perhaps we could leave this backstage area now."

(Adherents): Princess Setisoki says, "I do not believe it suits me."

Nelebrin Fairquillion, the Jade Wind politely claps the fingers of one hand against the palm of the other, smiling faintly before standing and giving a more enthusiastic round of applause to the vanished Master Artist.

Despite herself, Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer begins her applause in earnest, shaking her head with nonetheless a clearly entertained look upon her face.

(Adherents): Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird says, "Seti, you did so well!"

(Adherents): Princess Setisoki says, "Frankly, Master Artist, I have very little notion of what just transpired."

(Adherents): Daraius says, "I found myself thoroughly entranced. Forgive me for neglecting my own rules."

(Adherents): You say, "Indeed, quite a masterful performance, Lady Windwhisper. And you performed, admirably for a first performance Princess."

(Adherents): Daraius says, "You are both quite talented."

(Adherents): Princess Setisoki says, "It is extremely inappropriate to deviate from law, Minister."

(Adherents): Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird says, "This way, your royal highness. There's a servants entrance. If you're willing to, ah - sometimes it is appropriate for the guests of significance to exit subtly, yes?"

(Adherents): Princess Setisoki says, "That will suffice. Let us begone. Congratulations on your successful event, Minster Shevat."

"Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I was really not sure that would work, but I'm so glad they played along. :3
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."