Very sad funeral in Hallifax

edited March 2020 in Event Scrolls

On a rare reprieve from her work, the High Supreme Justice of Hallifax enters from the north.

High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar inclines her head politely to those around her.

Choros inclines his head politely to High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar.

With no warning, Alexandria materialises into existence in the blink of an eye, the faint blur of an afterimage from the north the only trace of her movement.
One claw extended before her, Elliphira the Cloud-Riding Quokka hovers in from the north.

Choros removes a peppermint cap.

Orventa enters from the north, emanating an aura of immense power.
A majestic, airy clarion slowly meanders into your realm of hearing, proclaiming the arrival of a radiant glass shadhahvar as he prances in from the north.

High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar says, "I am pleased to see that so many are early."

Elliphira the Cloud-Riding Quokka perks up as she sees Nelras appear, and zooms over on her cloud to hover around his head for a moment.

Chairwoman Alexandria Shevat, the Effervescent Sylph says, "I would not be late for this."

Overseer Choros Shevat, Architect of the Invisible looks thoughtful and says, "There are two bridges, and we wanted to make sure we stood upon the correct one."

Orventa nods her head in agreement.

Nelras inclines his head politely as he arrives.

Winking motes of turquoise dreams drift in from the north, heralding the arrival of a blithe dream phoenix with wings made of lissome shadows.

Uzriel inclines his head politely to those around him.

Orventa inclines her head politely to Uzriel.

Entering from the north with quick strides of clicking heels, Indcii Oolin, Apotheosis of Innovation, arrives with efficient swiftness.

High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar raises an eyebrow at Uzriel.

Choros smiles softly at Indcii Oolin, Apotheosis of Innovation.

Quintessence Nelras Shevat, the Empath says to High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar, "High Supreme Justice, the Geochemist here wishes to attend the ceremony and to pay his respects as a member of the Magnagoran scientific community."

Consulting a sheaf of notes, High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar says, "Senior Researcher Oolin's will does not indicate a desire to have the Magnagoran scientific community represented at his funeral. However, he also does not indicate a desire for their absence."

Gentle humming fills the room as the flickering form of the Keeper of the Matrix manifests.

Overseer Choros Shevat, Architect of the Invisible says, "An absence of a lack of permission does not denote the presence of it. Unless the Senior Researcher's next of kin is opposed, however, perhaps we can allow it just this once."

Researcher An'ouri Oolin enters with her head bowed, her hand tucked into Professor Kraiye's arm.

Clearing her throat, Indcii Oolin, Apotheosis of Innovation says to Choros, "I'll speak to my cousins, Overseer."

Choros inclines his head respectfully as the rest of the Oolin family approaches the group, giving both a soft smile.

Indcii Oolin, Apotheosis of Innovation quietly makes her way over to the rest of the Oolin family, taking An'ouri's other arm and murmuring softly into his ear.

Alexandria dips into a small curtsey as the Oolin family enters, maintaining her distance with a respectful nod of greeting.

Offering little more than an imperious stare down at those around her, Aduathic Arthar'rt clicks in from the north.

Nelras bows respectfully to the recently arrived members of the Oolin family.

Great, regal wings artfully posed so as to best catch the wind, Lohluah Skysoarer enters from the south.

Blowing twirling smoke rings as he ponders his next experiment, Ismbard Brunl enters from the north.

Senior Researcher Lohluah Skysoarer flashes Senior Researcher Aduathic Arthar'rt a joyous smile.

Kethaera inclines her head politely to the members of the Oolin family.

Professor Kraiye Oolin leans in and murmurs something to Indcii himself, before glancing up. "I was not aware that my brother was particularly close to anyone in Magnagora. Am I mistaken?"

Choros frowns at Ismbard's approach, sniffing irritably at the encroaching smoke.

Senior Researcher Aduathic Arthar'rt falls into step at Lohluah's side, a grim expression on her features.

Orventa and Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar bow in tandem, nodding as each member appears on the bridge.

Turilira, the radiant glass shadhahvar bows, extending his right foreleg and gracefully lowering his horned head in turn.

Inclining his head, Geochemist Uzriel d'Murani, the Gloaming's Catalyst says, "If you wish me to leave I will, I came to pay respects to those I consider allies."

Senior Researcher Lohluah Skysoarer looks slightly crestfallen, but he pats Aduathic's hand kindly.

Her skirt swaying about her legs as she moves, Ai'dayi Lars enters from the north.

Taking skip-like steps of varied lengths, Belwen enters with a wave.

"I will take that as a no. I thank you for your kindness, sir," Professor Kraiye Oolin says, glancing at his mother beside him. "But we would prefer that the service be restricted to those who knew him."

Moving with a cold and austere grace, Kx'Krel Eepex enters from the south.

Uzriel turns abruptly to leave without another word.

Senior Researcher Kx'Krel Eepex's crystalline form shifts to a cool sky-blue colour as he looks about.

The flickering image of Fraesic Sunfar drifts towards the back of the group, observing with his head dipped reverently.

High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar bangs her gavel on the portable bench beside her, drawing everyone's attention.

Alexandria stands at attention, the glow of her form settling to muted, indistinguishable hues.

Nelras returns his attention to High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar, although his gaze remains respectfully lowered.

Researcher An'ouri Oolin is ushered to the front of the group by her cousin Indcii and son Kraiye. She still holds a cluster of broken crystals in his hands, and occasionally grinds them against one another with her palm.

Kethaera lowers her head, turning her attention to High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar.

"We are gathered today on this, the 3rd Juliary 556 CE, to honour the life of Senior Researcher Etoathe Xeenec Oolin, and convey his soul to the winds." High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar places her gavel to the side, stepping in front of the bench and folding her hands together before her.

Senior Researcher Lohluah Skysoarer fidgets slightly, looking to the Oolin family gathered at the front. He runs a hand through his crest feathers, an unusually somber expression on his face.

High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar turns to face the edge of the bridge, looking out into the space beyond. "Senior Researcher Oolin's work for the Amethyst Research Project was without fault, and of invaluable service to the Collective. He will be greatly missed for his contributions."

Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova slumps down, slowly throbbing a deep amber.

Though Senior Researcher Aduathic Arthar'rt continues to stare grimly outwards, she clutches her hands into fists as she stands with arms crossed.

Choros nods softly in agreement, studying Researcher An'ouri for a moment before turning back to speaker.

Kethaera nods her head solemnly, almost absently as she listens to the High Supreme Justice.

"But to live as a Researcher in our city is not simply to serve a role. It is to be part of that wider Collective." High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar lifts a hand and gestures towards the rest of the Senior Researchers. "Etoathe Oolin has worked alongside these men and women for over three centuries."

Gesturing now towards his family, High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar says, "He has been a son, a brother, a cousin for even longer."

Senior Researcher Kx'Krel Eepex continues to gleam a cool blue, his eyes glittering as he nods at High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar, and then at fellow colleagues arrayed all about the area.

Nelras gives a slight nod of his head in acknowledgement of the words.

High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar raises her hands and her voice as she proclaims, "We come today to remember all of these aspects of Etoathe Oolin, as we convey his remains to dust, and dust to the winds that hold our city aloft in aspiration and purpose."

The High Supreme Justice rotates one of her hands, and a swirl of wind carries a figure from beneath the bridge. It rises to hover just over the edge, at shoulder height for most, silk covering fluttering in the wind.

Researcher An'ouri Oolin lets out a small gasp, some of the crystals in her hands tumbling to the ground. Kraiye steadies her, moving his hand around her shoulders.

Turning to bow before the floating body, High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar says, "If you have any messages to deliver to the Senior Researcher, that he may carry with him into the life beyond, please raise your hand."

Choros visibly steels himself before raising a hand.

High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar nods her head at Choros.

Indcii Oolin, Apotheosis of Innovation glances at Kraiye over An'ouri's shoulder, nodding at him. As he shifts away from An'ouri and gently raises his hand to the High Supreme Justice, Indcii takes care of steadying the shaking lucidian woman.

High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar nods in turn to the Professor, who falls into line to wait.

Alexandria raises her hand silently, looking at High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar.

Nodding, High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar gestures for Alexandria to take a place behind the Professor.

Kethaera lifts a hand up to shoulder level.

"I cannot say I knew you beyond simply another citizen of the Beacon. You did your job, and you did it well, and often, that's all we know of someone." Choros says, focusing his eyes on the remains. Dabbing away a speck of dust from the corner of his eye, he proceeds. "But we appreciate you, and the service of your family. You will not be forgotten, Senior Researcher."

Choros nods to High Supreme Sunfar before stepping back into the crowd.

High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar makes the same gesture towards you, nodding approvingly. As Choros finishes speaking, she bows her head to him in acknowledgement and gestures for the Professor to step forward.

As Choros finishes speaking, Nelras slowly raises his hand.

High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar nods her head at Nelras.

Without making a sound, Nelras moves to join the others who wish to speak.

With composure, Professor Kraiye Oolin steps up to his brother's body and clears his throat. He reaches out and places a hand lightly on the veiled forehead, and smiles softly. "I will not keep you long. I simply wished to thank you all for being here. My brother did not have many friends, but those he had he loved very deeply." His smile broadens slightly. "Even if he would never have admitted it."

Senior Researcher Ai'dayi Lars throbs with a deep amber, her eyes downcast.

Senior Researcher Aduathic Arthar'rt stifles a laugh that sounds mildly like a sob.

Senior Researcher Lohluah Skysoarer wraps an arm lighly around Senior Researcher Aduathic Arthar'rt.

Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova's eyes glimmer beryl. Soft hues of amber shift across his form and then fade again as he visibly considers carefully his next step. He raises his hand, then he joins the queue behind Nelras.

"In the University, our students are taught to devote themselves to their studies. I know of none who did this more fervently than my brother." Professor Kraiye Oolin directs his smile towards the body, pats it once, and turns away. "May we all follow his example, that his work may live on. 
Thank you." He steps away from the edge of the bridge, and moves to wrap his arm back around his now-shaking mother.

With a flourish of her hand, High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar gestures at Alexandria.

Alexandria moves closer to still form of the Senior Researcher, and says calmly in a voice that carries, "I regret that this mishap with the dragons has taken you from us, and removed the opportunity to know you better - the things that make you a person, and not simply another comrade in the Collective. However, you served the Collective admirably until the very last, and you will not be forgotten in my lifetime."

Alexandria inclines her head politely towards the body, then steps away to where she had been before.

High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar nods her head at you.

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer catches herself fidgeting with the rings circling her fingers and forces her hands still.

Following Alexandria, Kethaera takes a few steps closer to the Senior Researcher, avoiding looking directly at him. In a quiet voice, she says, "I wish only to say that those who did not know him personally still knew of his work, and research- and these have always been exemplary. The Collective will preserve his memory through the research left behind, but we are, on this day, diminished by his absence."

Kethaera takes a few steps back to stand beside Alexandria.

With a flourish of her hand, High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar gestures at Nelras.

The sound of construction emanates from the Matrix Research Institute as workers finish progress on one area.

Stepping forward until he stands beside the body of the Senior Researcher, Nelras closers his eyes momentarily before opening them as he begins to speak. "Like many of our comrades, I only knew the late Senior Researcher Oolin through his work, and through his dedication to the Collective. For these things, we all shall miss him. But be that as it may, I know that there are those who knew him far better than any other person ever could." His eyes turn briefly to the mourning family of the late Senior Researcher. "Our sympathies go to those who knew him not only as a Senior 
Researcher, but as a person." He looks down at the body once more. "I only wish that your life had not been cut so short, and that I had been fortunate enough to know you better."

Nelras remains where he is for a moment longer, before quietly stepping away to stand beside Alexandria.

High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar nods her head at Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova.

Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova pauses for a moment to collect his thoughts before beginning, "Senior Researcher Etoathe Oolin was an esteemed colleague, one with whom I have had the honour to work alongside for centuries now." His still-healing skin shifts in shades of light and darker amber. "Our work spaces were next to each other, and I remember cool, breezy days when we took refreshment alongside one another in the scheduled nourishment breaks."

"Of his research, I have absolute admiration. His logic was impeccable, and his methods were without reproach." Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova looks down slightly, his colouration fading to a muted grey. "For every hypothesis, an excellent test. And innovations abounded, which brought me pride for his progress and inspiration for my own work."

Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova glows a soft violet mixed with opalescence. "On behalf of all his colleagues in the Institute, we give our condolences to his family, and we grieve the loss of a," he pauses, "Of a friend."

Senior Researcher Aduathic Arthar'rt ducks her head down, her brow creased with a dozen wrinkles from the strain of her frown.

Senior Researcher Ai'dayi Lars bows her head, her form flickering with a deeper amber than before.

Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova steps back, his eyes returning to their gentle gleam of beryl as he nods at An'ouri.

Once all have spoken, Researcher An'ouri Oolin surprises those holding her by raising her hand. The High Supreme Justice nods to her, and the still-trembling woman makes her way up to the body of her son, staring at it through eyes so full of feeling that they seem entirely empty.

"My son," Researcher An'ouri Oolin says, her voice carrying with the stirring of the wind, "as you pass from this world, know this. It is not accident that has killed you. It is an act of war. The chaos and terror of the world beyond our harmony, beyond the Higher Emotions, the thoughtless acts 
of beings too foolish to understand the power of the Collective." She slips her hand into her pocket, sending crystals tumbling as she holds onto something within it, her face contorting in anger. "We will not forget this, either."

Choros glances at the researcher before giving an almost imperceptible nod.

Researcher An'ouri Oolin looks over her shoulder to Lilliana, tears tumbling down her cheeks. "High Supreme Justice," she says, her voice cracking, "I would like to request permission to commend my son to the winds." She lifts her hand from her pocket, drawing out a small, glowing void blaster.

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer stills any nervous movement and glances up at Researcher An'ouri, his solemn gaze now pensive.

With a solemn nod, High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar quietly gathers those still close to the edge of the bridge away, making space for the Researcher. She lifts her own free hand, and the wind around you stirs, forming a wall that seals the air of the bridge from the space beyond it.

Choros purses his lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as he carefully gathers his thoughts.

Senior Researcher Lohluah Skysoarer looks up, his feathers ruffling in the wind of send-off. His eyes glimmer, troubled, as he tightens an arm around Senior Researcher Aduathic Arthar'rt.

Indcii Oolin, Apotheosis of Innovation reaches out and takes the Professor's hand, her usual tendency to fidget entirely gone.

The flickering image of Fraesic Sunfar gracefully inclines his head respectfully and intones benignly, "Fair winds and clear skies."

Shaking from head to toe, her face still contorted in anger, Researcher An'ouri Oolin lifts her void blaster and points it squarely at her son's body. "Goodbye, my love," she murmurs.

The energy fires in a lance so brilliant that it illuminates the afternoon sky, consuming the body entirely and turning it to naught but dust.

Orventa gracefully inclines her head respectfully and intones benignly, "Fair winds and clear skies."

Choros gracefully inclines his head respectfully and intones benignly, "Fair winds and clear skies."

Nelras gracefully inclines his head respectfully and intones benignly, "Fair winds and clear skies."

As the dust swirls, High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar lifts her other hand, coaxing the winds beyond the bridge to send it scattering outwards, far from the city, farther than sight.

Shielding her eyes, Kethaera bows her head and intones, "Fair winds and clear skies."

Alexandria lets out a quiet sigh as she watches the bright display. "Fair winds and clear skies, Senior Researcher," she murmurs softly.

Senior Researcher Kx'Krel Eepex squeezes his eyes shut as the brilliant light sets his form aglow in reflection.

In a low voice, Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova says, "Fair winds and clear skies, my friend." 

In a sudden blur of movement, Professor Kraiye Oolin darts forward from the crowd, his robes swirling as he moves to catch his mother where she stumbles to her knees. Indcii rushes quickly after him, kneeling on her other side and quietly removing the blaster from An'ouri's hands as the two of them hold her tightly.

Choros exhales slowly, allowing a long fluid breath to creep from his lungs.

High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar bows her head, holding the wind wall until no trace of the ashes remain - only then letting it fall, reaching for her gavel, and closing the ceremony with a single, percussive thud.

Senior Researcher Ai'dayi Lars reaches out a hand to Researcher An'ouri as if to help, and then resigns herself to remaining still.

Overseer Choros Shevat, Architect of the Invisible says, "Thank you all for coming."

"Comrades," the flickering image of Fraesic Sunfar says gently, floating a little closer. "I have been asked to bring the message that, if the Senior Researchers desire, they are welcome to return to their laboratories. The Lead Schematicist hopes that a familiar surrounding will offer some comfort."

Chairwoman Alexandria Shevat, the Effervescent Sylph says, "Ah, that is wonderful news. Thank you, Keeper Sunfar."

You nod your head in agreement.

Senior Researcher Ai'dayi Lars glances briefly toward the Keeper and then nods.

Nelras nods his head in agreement. "Indeed, thank you Keeper. The message could not have come at a better time, I think."

Senior Researcher Kx'Krel Eepex nods at the flickering image of Fraesic Sunfar. "Thank you, Keeper. Work is a solace for us all. I would like to get back to my interrupted studies."

Looking towards Alexandria, Choros exhales a long and pensive breath.

Murmuring something to Kraiye, Indcii Oolin, Apotheosis of Innovation gets to her feet and steps away. "We'll take An'ouri home," she says quietly, her face a swirl of blue and grey. "If you'll excuse us."

Choros nods his head at Indcii Oolin, Apotheosis of Innovation.

You nod your head at Indcii Oolin, Apotheosis of Innovation.

Orventa nods her head emphatically.

Indcii Oolin, Apotheosis of Innovation smiles gratefully at Choros before turning to gather her family. The three of them make an unsteady, slow departure from the bridge without looking back.

High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar inclines her head politely to those around her.

Heading back to her court room, the High Supreme Justice of Hallifax leaves to the north.

"I would appreciate seeing my laboratory whole again," Senior Researcher Aduathic Arthar'rt says primly, her tears gone - replaced by a stoic expression.

Choros nods his head at Senior Researcher Aduathic Arthar'rt.

Overseer Choros Shevat, Architect of the Invisible says to Senior Researcher Aduathic Arthar'rt, "If you will remind me which one that is, I can escort you there. I'm sure the Lead Schematicist is working on that very same thing."

Precisely, Senior Researcher Aduathic Arthar'rt says to Choros, "I am assigned to Emerald Research Project Lab A, in Zone Two of the Research Labs, on Level A."

Overseer Choros Shevat, Architect of the Invisible smiles and says, "So you are. Do you want me to walk you there?"

Senior Researcher Aduathic Arthar'rt says to Choros, "Are we all to return? The five of us work together in the same building."

Choros ponders the situation.

Waving a hand, Researcher Belwen Manchova says, "And Engineer Brunl and I work in the closed chambers above."

Senior Researcher Aduathic Arthar'rt nods her head at Researcher Belwen Manchova.

"I too, look forward to working alongside everyone once more." Senior Researcher Lohluah Skysoarer gives Senior Researcher Aduathic Arthar'rt a small smile. "And I work near Senior Researcher Aduathic. Well, near everyone else too."

Overseer Choros Shevat, Architect of the Invisible says, "At your leisure. The Board understands if some of you wish to compose yourself, and I do believe the Lead Schematicist should have it mostly cleaned and sanitized."

Senior Researcher Aduathic Arthar'rt begins to follow Choros.

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer begins to follow Choros.

Researcher Belwen Manchova begins to follow Choros.

Senior Researcher Lohluah Skysoarer begins to follow Choros.

Senior Researcher Kx'Krel Eepex begins to follow Choros.

Senior Researcher Ai'dayi Lars begins to follow Choros.

Choros leaves to the north, emanating an aura of immense power.
He is followed by Senior Researcher Lohluah Skysoarer, Senior Researcher Ai'dayi Lars, Senior Researcher Kx'Krel Eepex, Researcher Belwen Manchova, Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer, and Senior Researcher Aduathic Arthar'rt.

Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova slumps down, slowly throbbing a deep amber.

Gently, Chairwoman Alexandria Shevat, the Effervescent Sylph says to Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova, "Is there anything we can do to assist you, Senior Researcher?"

You say to Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova, "Is... there anything you need, or that we can do?"

"Senior Researcher," Nelras says, approaching Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova but remaining at a respectful distance.

Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova shakes his head.

Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova says, "I should return to work."

Apparently lost in thought, Kru'elck Manchova wanders off to the south.

Hesitantly, Quintessence Nelras Shevat, the Empath says, "Far too often, those of us who are demigods treat death as just another inconvenience. It only serves to make the reminder all the harder, when we witness something like this."

Alexandria nods in agreement with Nelras.

You nod your head at Nelras.

Nelras's expression grows thoughtful and he appears to be caught up in his own thoughts for a time before he shakes his head. "We should try to remember that, I think."
Good thing we don't lose these people very often  :'(
"Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."