Progress must continue

edited March 2020 in Event Scrolls

(Hallifax): Senior Researcher Kx'Krel Eepex says, "Researcher Inix, would you report to the Matrix Research Institute, please."

(Hallifax): Researcher Inix Aalin says, "At once, Senior Researcher."

(Hallifax): Senior Researcher Ai'dayi Lars says, "Oh darling, already? So fast?"

(Hallifax): Senior Researcher Kx'Krel Eepex says, "Progress must continue, Ai'dayi. The Amethyst Research Project cannot continue without a Senior Researcher."

(Hallifax): Senior Researcher Ai'dayi Lars says, "Yes, yes, it must. Well then - congratulations are in order, Senior Researcher."

(Hallifax): Aramel says, "Congratulations, Senior Researcher."

(Hallifax): Senior Researcher Inix Aalin says, "Ah. Thank you, Senior Researcher."

(Hallifax): Senior Researcher Inix Aalin says, "I...wish the circumstances were different."

(Hallifax): Senior Researcher Kx'Krel Eepex says, "As do we all."

(Hallifax): Alexandria says, "Yes, congratulations. I regret the circumstance arose, but the Collective goes on."

(Hallifax): Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "Senior Researcher Aalin, your first duty is to hire a replacement for yourself, to serve as Researcher in the Amethyst Project. I have forwarded the necessary paperwork to your new laboratory."

(Hallifax): Senior Researcher Inix Aalin says, "Thank you, Senior Administrator. I have someone in mind - I will have her recalled from her external project at once."

Amethyst Research Project - Lab A.
A soothing chill permeates the area, bringing with it a rime of sparkling frost cast by a healing shrine of Jadice nearby. Banks of clouds roil about here. Everything in this laboratory is crafted from either brilliant crystal or glittering amethyst. A large sheet of crystal bordered by a strip of amethyst on each side is set into the south wall, with crackling red energy streaming across its surface in the form of glowing ruby letters. Running beneath it is a row of much smaller glass squares embedded above violet coloured desks with gemstone nubs studding their surfaces. Against the west wall is a series of long cabinets stacked with crystal shafts, each one labeled along the side with a serialized number. Inix Aalin paces the lab here, absorbed in thought.

You incline your head politely to Senior Researcher Inix Aalin.

Senior Researcher Inix Aalin nods his head at you.

You say, "Congratulations, Senior Researcher."

Senior Researcher Inix Aalin says to you, "Thank you. Would you excuse me just one moment, please. My subordinate is about to arrive."

You say, "Of course."

Focused on the path before him, Kx'Krel Eepex leaves to the northwest.

Research Labs Level A, Zone One.
A soothing chill permeates the area, bringing with it a rime of sparkling frost cast by a healing shrine of Jadice nearby. Banks of clouds roil about here. A staircase of gleaming translucent crystal spirals from the library below to the landing above with a delicate handrail of smoky opaque crystal. On either side of the staircase is a crystalline statue of a lucidian calmly observing those mounting the stairs with an expressionless gaze. Across from the stairwell are three opaque doors of beryl, amethyst, and diamond. Inix Aalin paces the lab here, absorbed in thought. Dressed in a burgundy coat and deep green tunic, Researcher Katine Jonave is hard at work here.

Senior Researcher Inix Aalin inclines his head politely to Researcher Katine Jonave.

"Good morning, Senior Researcher," Researcher Katine Jonave says politely, dipping into a curtsey. "I am sorry it took me a few moments to return."

Senior Researcher Inix Aalin says to Researcher Katine Jonave, "It is no trouble, Researcher. I trust you are aware of the duties of your position?"

Though Researcher Katine Jonave swallows audibly, tapping her prosthetic arm nervously against her leg, she nods. "Yes, sir. Oh, and - congratulations. Is it alright to say that?"

Senior Researcher Inix Aalin nods his head at Researcher Katine Jonave.

Senior Researcher Inix Aalin says to Researcher Katine Jonave, "It is appropriate, for all that the circumstances are tragic. Thank you, Researcher. I will not keep you. I have left notes in the laboratory to assist in your transition."
                                    -
Looking relieved, Researcher Katine Jonave says, "Thank you, sir, that's very thoughtful. I'll get right to it. Ax'ii said that the generators were midway through being empowered when...this all happened."

Senior Researcher Inix Aalin nods his head emphatically.

You sense the passage of Alexandria to the down with a dainty pair of neatly formed ears. With no warning, Alexandria materialises into existence in the blink of an eye, the faint blur of an afterimage from the down the only trace of her movement.

Senior Researcher Inix Aalin says, "All the reason to return to work promptly. Fair winds, Researcher - and congratulations to you as well."

Senior Researcher Inix Aalin inclines his head politely to those around him.

Crystal feet clacking against the ground, Researcher Inix Aalin leaves to the southwest.

Researcher Katine Jonave exhales slowly, allowing a long fluid breath to creep from her lungs.

You smile softly at Researcher Katine Jonave.

Researcher Katine Jonave curtseys gracefully.

You say, "Congratulations, Researcher Jonave."

Alexandria inclines her head politely to those around her.

Chairwoman Alexandria Shevat, the Effervescent Sylph says, "Congratulations indeed."

"Thank you, ma'ams," Researcher Katine Jonave says softly, pushing a braid back into her headband. "If you'll excuse me, I should get to work."

You say, "May your efforts be fruitful and rewarding. Fair winds."

Researcher Katine Jonave curtseys again and rushes off to attend to her new position.

Researcher Katine Jonave exits down, murmuring under her breath as she considers a new calculation.

I love the detail of this, that it didn't seem to matter if any of us were there to watch it or not - that this is a normal part of what happens in Hallifax while the rest of us are off creating treaties or letting NPCs die. And the subtle acknowledgement that we do kinda need these people for the epic quest, so this did get "fixed" quickly. @Czixi is awesome.
"Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."

Comments

• Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird says, "Well, that was exciting wasn't it? Take this to the 
    Senior Researcher at the Amethyst Research Project? Her name is Inix Aalin, she's - ah, Etoathe's 
    replacement."

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird hands you an order for power release, resuming her fanning 
    once more.

You greet Senior Researcher Inix Aalin with a sincere smile.

Senior Researcher Inix Aalin says, "I have made a multitude of breakthroughs through various 
    studies, experiments and projects, which has allowed me my position within this research project."

Senior Researcher Inix Aalin slumps down, slowly throbbing a deep amber.

Senior Researcher Inix Aalin says, "I only wish I had earned my position through better 
    circumstances."

You give an order for power release to Senior Researcher Inix Aalin.

Senior Researcher Inix Aalin says, "Excellent, the Lady Windwhisper has completed her work."

Senior Researcher Inix Aalin says, "Let us go to the Amethyst Generator that I might activate the 
    construct. It will take some time for it to properly charge."

The messages while doing said epic quest if anyone was interested.