help with orgs and classes and everything - basically, what is lusternia?

I played briefly in the mid-to-late-late 2000s. I have a low level bard in Glom with a couple of trans class skills and a few other abilities partially learned - that is, I didn't made a huge investment in that character back then and may or may not choose to revive the little fella. Whether I do or do not however, I don't have much clue about the game these days (or even remember what it was like back then, to be honest). I have played all other IRE titles quite a bit more over the years however.

I'm pretty sure that if I do keep playing, it will not be in Glomdoring for a couple of reasons (I'm bored with playing the 'dark/evil' type, from another game, and also with so many new things to learn, a more active community would be better)

I've been reading through forums and whatever, but I'd like to ask a few questions:

• what are the various orgs like in terms of friendliness and activity?
  • where can I find a discord link?
  • what is pvp like in terms of needing to track the target's afflictions? Are some classes better/worse for this?
  • what is pvp like in terms of each org? Are some more into it than others?
  • what are the classes like in terms of complexity?
  • how efficacious is server-side curing? I read a lot of old stuff about the plans for it but not much about how it turned out.
  • what are some major points of conflict in the game (not just pvp, but also rped or other mechanics)

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I've talked to you a bit elsewhere, but I'll give a few answers here too, not really in order.
    1) I like to think that Glom is friendly!  I can't speak for the other orgs so much, but I know that we're one of the more active orgs in the game.  Gaudiguch and Magnagora are also well-populated.  Celest has had quite a bit of a surge recently too.
    2) Some classes need affliction tracking pretty drastically, some don't really care much at all.  There's a lot of variation.
    3) SSC is used by almost the entire game.  It has a few pitfalls but it's so much better than having to maintain a system.
    4) Aside from the PvP events, the major conflict tends to be driven by Gods and their RP / interaction with one another.  Also there is the Ascension Event that's ongoing right now, which is conflict of the Game vs. Things Trying To Kill The World.
  • To answer another question asked, there is no official Lusternian discord server. However, we do have a thriving community in our Unofficial Lusternia Discord, with a fairly nice (if somewhat silly) community. Feel free to drop by, we've got places to read some RP snippets, check on combat advice, ask questions...all the fun stuff that is more conversational than the forums would have!

https://discord.gg/Aqj4XKv
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!