Instakills

So I've been trying to get more into combat...what instakills are there, and which ones should I really watch out for in group combat and in single combat?

I know that there's a thornlash instakill which can happen after 4 of your limbs are lashed.  Telekinetics can make your heart burst above 12 burst vessels.  Bards can kill you after 8 seconds if you aren't deaf.  Soulless tarot can kill you in 8 seconds after it has been rubbed on an enemy for 7 times.  Illuminati can kill with illumination at massive insanity.  Researchers can instantly kill you with timequake if you are massively time warped.

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Thornlash requires five lashed limbs! I also think Soulless is longer than 8, I think it's 12 seconds.
  • Here are just a few. You need a system with highlights to keep track of them.
    chasm
    judge
    decap
    sacrifice
    wrack
    toad
    behead
    brain smash
    death prophesy
    eternal sleep
    gore
    swoop
    crotamine
    some shamanism thingy

then the four monk insta kills and probably several other's i've left out

Though not all of those are the sort you can really highlight to look out for! 
  • Oh this is less about highlights and triggers, and more about general knowledge (time taken, requirements of, and what could be done to avoid/prevent said instakill)
  • Enyalida said:
    Thornlash requires five lashed limbs! I also think Soulless is longer than 8, I think it's 12 seconds.
    Soulless is 8. The 12(?) second ones are Judge/Chasm/Decap, I think.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Swoop, gore, eternalsleep, death prophesy, brain smash aren't really that common, but they happen.

Chasm, decapitate, judgement, behead, sacrifice, wrack, absolve, toad are a lot more common, especially the first three.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Soulless/bard insta are 8, judge/decap are 10, chasm is 12. 

Toad is not an insta and I refuse to allow it be ranked among them. BUFFS FOR TOAD!
  • edited February 2013
    I want an event where a giant toad squishes all of the shadowdancers under its foot. Just ONCE, please; it can even be called Xynthin. BUFF THE TOAD!

I would like to add the infamous (or maybe just NOT famous because it never happens) Harmony insta called Akhangooshkrak. Aka Mantra Deathtouch.

EDIT: For the sake of fairness, the toad can also squish a moondancer or two.
  • I guess the ones you need to watch out for are the timed ones and the mana kills.

To avoid the timed ones you can leave the room or gust the caster out. Aside from that they have different ways to stop them depending on which one is headed your way.

Like web will cancel decap and judge but not deathsong/soulless/chasm
    Best way to stop deathsong is to go deaf, for soulless get the fudge out of there (ie spam tumble), and for chasm just stay put and let a poor geo get the cheese kill. 

You can also try sleeping the caster or blinding them but those aren't the most reliable ways. It's hard to pull off a timed insta 1 on 1 though so it's most commonly found in group fights where you miss the lines in the spam or are being held down until the hammer drops.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited February 2013
    Sleeping is actually quite reliable nowadays, since many instas were bugfixed to get stopped by putting to sleep. 

So beast cloud/sleep enchant for an easy double sleep.

There's also gust.

And soulless is more like 10-12, not 8. I wish it were 8.

Weird thought it was 8
    I was pretty sure it's one of the longer ones too. It has only one message though, right?
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited February 2013
    Okay maybe it is 8. MY BAD.

Edit: More like 8.5 really, so says the timer.
  • edited February 2013
    Shuyin said:

Oh. Is that what happened when you killed yourself on Vortex? :P

EDIT: Also about the double sleep, can beast sleepcloud be shrugged or otherwise resisted?
  • beast sleep will hit as long as you have the person enemied

Shuyin said:

Shulose
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    It's a long 8 seconds.

• Pyromancy cremation at 4th degree burns.

Phantasms phantomspheres if you have 4 spheres on you.

Telepathy mindburst at less than 1/2 ego.

Astrology meteor, given enough negative spheres.
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • There is also
    Aquamancy preserve
    Aeromancy Dysbaric Pressure
    Axelord execute
    Cavalier Skewer

And then the monk instas are
    Nekotai Final Sting (improved crotamine)
    Ninjakari Ughathalogg (disembowelment)
    Shofangi Crungh (knee to the head x100)
    Tahtetso Gahtirak'sho (heart go boom)

Meteor is not a true insta, no matter the number of spheres.

• Ninjakari Ughathalogg (disembowelment)
    Its improved burstorgans!

Preserve in aquamancy is health is low and you are already frozen.

Insulting most divine is a form of assisted suicide.