Announce Post #3054: Seal of War 2020

AutoposterAutoposter Member, Administrator Posts: 92 Creator
There are those among warriors and poets alike who claim that the silence before a great battle is among the most delicate, yet powerful, forces that may exist. It was this silence that was broken by the arrival of Avechna the Avenger, offering the chance to mortals throughout the Basin of Life the chance to register a team of combatants for the Challenge of War. Ten would arise to stand strong and represent all corners of the Basin of Life, with harsh battles fought throughout. Among them Team Mutilation (comprised of Melech, Ixion, and Ruiku) would go undefeated for nearly the entire tourney. However, Team Equinox (comprised of Ciaran, Snald, and Tarken), a foe they had previously knocked down to the second-chance bracket would decimate their own competition and return in the Finals to upset Team Mutilation's winning streak. In the end, a Sudden Death final battle between Equinox and Mutilation would see Equinox emerge triumphant after the most lengthy battle throughout the Trial, leaving Ciaran Pavok standing triumphant as the Sealbearer of War.

Congratulations, Ciaran, Bearer of the Medallion of War!

Winner (500 credits each): Team Equinox - Snald and Tarken

Second Place (250 credits each): Team Mutilation - Melech, Ixion, and Ruiku

Runners Up (100 credits each): Team Warkros - Thalkros, Malarious, and Shango
Runners Up (100 credits each): Team Aramel - Aramel, Kaizynne, and Kethaera

Comments

  • KethaeraKethaera Member Posts: 883 Transcendent
    @Ciaran wasn't it three times?
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 6,891 Transcendent
    Kethaera said:
    @Ciaran wasn't it three times?

    As is tradition, there's always a match with a bug in War where Avechna says "Okay, we'll fix the bug, do both teams want a do-over?"  The side that the bug helped says no, the other side says yes, and thus there is no do-over.  I'm assuming that one wasn't being counted, but I've also heard that even without the bug it was very possible the first one would have been a loss anyways!
    Thus, yes, counting all three should be a thing.
    image
  • MelechMelech Member Posts: 6 Inept
    Was definitely tense and could have gone either way at a few points, props to you guys for sticking with it after the first loss!

    Any logs of the last fight? Super curious to know how @Ciaran survived with 1147hp, so close.

    Congrats!
  • KethaeraKethaera Member Posts: 883 Transcendent
    Xenthos said:
    Kethaera said:
    @Ciaran wasn't it three times?

    As is tradition, there's always a match with a bug in War where Avechna says "Okay, we'll fix the bug, do both teams want a do-over?"  The side that the bug helped says no, the other side says yes, and thus there is no do-over.  I'm assuming that one wasn't being counted, but I've also heard that even without the bug it was very possible the first one would have been a loss anyways!
    Thus, yes, counting all three should be a thing.
    I saw the bug debate but it wasn't clear to me which side it helped, based on the comments from both parties. I didn't know how that artifact worked anyway, prior to the conversation. Still counts, imo, and it's an impressive win to have to beat a team twice that you already lost to once before.

    Never competed in War before, and had no time to practice beforehand between school and the confusion over Halli teams. So... pretty happy with how it went overall. Stressful event though.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • CiaranCiaran Member Posts: 813 Mythical
    Melech said:
    Was definitely tense and could have gone either way at a few points, props to you guys for sticking with it after the first loss!

    Any logs of the last fight? Super curious to know how @Ciaran survived with 1147hp, so close.

    Congrats!
    I'm sad to say that I didn't log the fights. I was scared of lagging my potato laptop out by generating a massive HTML file.  I can only say there were multiple occasions in the last fight where I was super low, thinking this is it, I'm dead, and just spamming shield/reflect to try to survive.

    @Kethaera What I meant in that sentence was that we managed to win twice against such a strong team. We did fight them three times in total.
    To me you're forever the kick runner from 3 years ago, the guy who does domoths when no one is online and whines that he's got no competition, and the guy that use to only turn up to fights when the numbers favoured him.
  • KethaeraKethaera Member Posts: 883 Transcendent
    Ciaran said:

    @Kethaera What I meant in that sentence was that we managed to win twice against such a strong team. We did fight them three times in total.
    Nod. I just couldn't remember if your first fight was them or the other mag team.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
Sign In or Register to comment.