Leaving the Cult of Mu

You tell Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator, "Ixi! Hihi."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Actually...I should do a Thing."

You nod your head sagely.

You get up off a dragon-winged rocking chair.

Ready for a new adventure, you point boldly towards the horizon and declare in a proud tone, "Onward!"

You draw on 500 of your Cult's essence.

Rejecting your current location, you reach for the vagaries of the labyrinth, embracing your supremacy over Mu. Sneering, you open the entrance to the maze, seeking passage to elsewhere.

You have recovered equilibrium.

Ixchilgal tells you, "Howdy!"

Disdaining to glance backwards, you stride with surety through the Maze to reach a labyrinth-traced altar of Mu.

You tell Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator, "You never told me the altar had an entire existence inside!!"

A single fish swims by in midair, scales flashing with ivory and flame-hued luminescence.

Ixchilgal tells you, "Did we forget that?"

Ixchilgal arrives in a burst of divine energy.

You tell Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator, "When I touched it to hug it, it...went...poof!"

You nod your head sagely at Ixchilgal.

You nod your head sagely at a labyrinth-traced altar of Mu.

A wry smile spreads across Ixchilgal's face.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Ixchilgal, "I put soup in there."

You nod solemnly.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "The altar takes you further into the Maze."

A sickening squelch precedes the lethargic entry of a spindle-spined moth caterpillar from the southwest.

"Oh?" you exclaim quizzically.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Scary!"

Glassy spines shimmering with oddly mesmerising slickness, a lethargic moth caterpillar creeps to the southwest.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Only Mu can get there unaided. You could bring others in, but we don't recommend it."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I touched your your big thing, and came back here! There was nothing else to do but that and leave soup everywhere."

Thoughtfully, you say, "I thought we walked a smidge of the maze when we did the veneration thingy. The Pilgrimage!"

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "A smidge, yes. Touching the altar is a longer stay, and therefore more dangerous."

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "It's reasonably stable for Mu, but we once took Their Dancer in, and...it was a poor idea."

Seriously, you say to Ixchilgal, "I wanted to like. Hug you, and tell you your a good Mu, and cult, and Sultan, even if Sultan is for chu...very dedicated people, and oh no what happened?"

You have emoted: Shulamit trails off, concern etched into her face.

A single fish swims by in midair, scales flashing with ivory and flame-hued luminescence.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "You know what the Maze is, yes?"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Well, it's. Mazey!"

You think to yourself: Twisting!

Haltingly, you say, "Not really."

You have emoted: Shulamit slumps down, woeful.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Sort of a...well, everything. Everwhere, everything is part of the Maze. But that also means, there's other places...our realities next door neighbor sort of deal."

A charge of energy flows through your soul.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "The Maze connects them all."

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "It -is- them all."

With a soft gasp, you say, "Like like the place! Far off..."

Softly, you say, "Iklara."

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "That, and where Beloved Liar came from."

You nod your head slowly in understanding.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "It's probably more involved than we understand, but it's close enough for our comprehension."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "But to try and do that unless you're an Ixi would probably mean getting lost?"

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "In any event, we brought Beloved Persayis in, and her mind wasn't really prepared. It drew...attention."

Glowing a horrified shade of sickly grey, you give a short gasp.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Not Persayis! I mean, not bad things to Persayis! She was very good and nice!"

You fret and worry over everything that could possibly go wrong, glowing a shivering shade of silver.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Nothing got through, but not for a lack of trying."

Glowing a worried shade of grey, you say, "You stopped them, right right?"

You raise your hand in greeting to a lethargic, spindle-spined moth caterpillar and say "Hi!"

A lethargic, spindle-spined moth caterpillar shivers as you approach, its mandibles clicking eagerly.

You purse your lips pensively, glowing a thoughtful shade of dull grey as you carefully gather your thoughts.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "We did, and restabilized our little section of the Maze."

You think to yourself: Mothies want to eat my brains.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "But it taught us not to take others who aren't of Mu."

Suddenly, you say to Ixchilgal, "Do you ever feel the mothies want to eat your brains? Oh! Wait!"

Glassy spines shimmering with oddly mesmerising slickness, a lethargic moth caterpillar creeps to the southwest.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "We...hadn't really had that experience, no."

Slowly, you say to Ixchilgal, "So when I become a me shaped thing, will I also have a place inside a place?"

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "It's very likely, yes."

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "To our understanding, all the cults have their own little corner tucked away."

Worried, you say to Ixchilgal, "While I wouldn't want anyone hurt inside, I will be careful and only bring people who are all all prepared!"

You think to yourself: Don't want anyone stuck inside anywhere! What if they had claustrophobia!

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Your place is likely not as dangerous as ours. Ours is very much an unsafe, unpredictable path. Yours...well, you are not skirting so close to nonexistence as we do."

The Shifting City fades around you. Your stomach drops into nothingness, falling endlessly before the surrounding buildings and streets recondense.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Ixchilgal, "Hopefully not! But if we are the Beacon we are, then things may come to a lighthouse that are not kind! And I'll be strong against them!"

You have emoted: Shulamit puffs up like a cheerful little bird, glowing a bright white colour.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "We know you'll be strong. And who knows, maybe it'll be your light that helps us find our way home after our journies?"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Ixchilgal, "Oh yes yes! I would hope we can be good and lightfilled for you and yours so they will always find their ways home!"

You nod your head enthusiastically.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "With you here to light the way, we can venture further out, knowing you'll keep our path shining free of dangers."

Joy suddenly washes over you in waves, your entire body glowing a cheerful shade of citrine yellow.

The Shifting City fades around you. Your stomach drops into nothingness, falling endlessly before the surrounding buildings and streets recondense.

Ixchilgal gives you a peck on the cheek.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I will be good and strong! But...then I must go my own path! But we both knew this, or hoped so!"

A sickening squelch precedes the lethargic entry of a spindle-spined moth caterpillar from the southwest.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Ixchilgal, "I will miss you, and and shiny people! But strong thingies!"

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says to you, "You know we adore you, Beloved Shulamit. Know we have also always respected you."

Glassy spines shimmering with oddly mesmerising slickness, a lethargic moth caterpillar creeps to the north.

You have emoted: Shulamit breathes in deeply before letting out a slow breath.

You quit the Cult of Mu.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "We're glad you're going to finally get to shine as you should."

You have emoted: Shulamit suddenly hugs Ixchilgal tightly, glowing a bright ivory colour. "We'll be here to make you safe yes yes!"

You ponder the situation.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Strong and me shaped."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "And shaped by friends!"

You nod your head emphatically.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "We have something for you, once your Will is finally manifested into at shiny tower of safety and comfort. It's not nearly as much as you've helped us with over the years in Mu, but it's what we have to offer."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Ixchilgal, "It's you though! You already helped so much, and been very strong and smart!"

You nod your head gravely in acknowledgement of the point.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Once you light your tower, we want you to use our brazier to help stoke the....shininess? We honestly aren't sure if it's a fire, or just a big crystal or what."

Glassy spines shimmering with oddly mesmerising slickness, a lethargic moth caterpillar creeps to the north.

Pondering, you say, "I think it depends on the Lighthouse! Some use fires, but others must use neat crystals that reflect and refract!"

Ixchilgal nods his head emphatically.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "You let us know when it happens."

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "And you accept our brazier, alright?"

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "It's not as big as your robin, but it will help."

Cheerfully, you say, "I will, yes yes! I will try to accept the brazier! Even if mine gets jealous."

You pat the Crystalline Brazier of Faithful Searching in a friendly manner.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "The robin has been good and strong, and now is now taking a rest and will one day get his own pedestal for display for being good and strong."

You nod your head gravely in acknowledgement of the point.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "It's going to be hard work, your own cult."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "So was the figurine! And many things!"

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Just making sure you know, and we'll help you however we can."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I will know! I am good and strong! I will be good and strong even when water batters me..."

You have emoted: Shulamit trails off, confused.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Like how lighthouses are!"

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "You'll be a good light house."

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Have you decided where to place your altar?"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Oh! yes yes!"

You beckon to Ixchilgal.

Ixchilgal begins to follow you.

<zoomies to candy square>

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "We suspected as much."

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Light the way for all the sugar crazed kids, too."

Ixchilgal winks knowingly.

You hum a happy tune.

Seriously, you say, "But also so when people come home, they have somewhere comforting and sweet to rest."

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "It's a good place."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I think...I will meditate here a bit."

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Just be careful those squirrely shop owners don't try to pin fliers up all over your altar."

Acknowledging Ixchilgal's point to be true, you nod your head gravely at him.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Gonna miss saying weird things through you."

You settle to the ground in a cross-legged position, inhaling deeply. As you bring your hands up to rest open-palmed at either side, you exhale, clearing your mind.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "You can always say weird things through Alary to me!"

The corners of Ixchilgal's mouth turn up as he grins mischeviously.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "We'll find some way to get you thinking about maggots again."

You hum a happy tune.

You shudder violently as a chill ripples down your spine.

The corners of Ixchilgal's mouth turn up as he grins mischeviously.

Woefully, you say to Ixchilgal, "They're so slimey!"

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Thank you for spending this last little bit of time with us again before you move on to your own thing."

Brightly, you say to Ixchilgal, "Thank you for having me! It's been delightful! And together we'll be good strong cults!"

Ixchilgal nods his head at you.

You have emoted: Shulamit starts to hum softly, colours shifting through a rainbow of softened hues.

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

Ixchilgal watches you for a moment before turning to head away.

You hug Ixchilgal compassionately, glowing shades of pearl.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Ixchilgal, "Be well!"

You have emoted: Shulamit breathes in and out slowly, a variety of colours mingling across her form.

Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.