Loops Meets Loops

DaraiusDaraius ShevatThe juror's taco spot
(Great House Shevat): Daraius says, "I am free from my shopkeeping, dear grandpup, if you wish to speak a moment and meet my companion."
(Great House Shevat): Luce says, "I am afraid I am not as familiar with the estate's layout as I should perhaps be."
Daraius tilts back his head and inhale deeply through his nose, the whiskers of the bewhiskered canid muzzle upon his face twitching.
Luce:               An inviting landing near the top of the tower
(Great House Shevat): Daraius says, "Stay still a moment."
(Great House Shevat): Daraius says, "Down to the tower's foyer, north to my parlor, out to the rock garden, and south to this lounge."
A glorious pegasus glides in from the north on shimmering wings of snowy feathers.
Comprehension flashes across Luce's face.
Daraius dips his bewhiskered canid muzzle politely to Luce.
Luce bows respectfully to Daraius.
Daraius says to Luce, "This is relatively new construction, so you can't be blamed for being unaware of it."
Luce nods his head emphatically.
Daraius settles comfortably into an exquisite teak and satin arm chair and folds his paws in his lap, looking over Luce placidly.
Daraius says, "It is my youngest pup's quarters, in fact."
Daraius asks Luce, "Have you had the good fortune to encounter Miso?"
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "I have, yes. Not frequently, but I did."
Daraius nods solemnly.
A soft growl touching his voice with a note of sadness, Daraius says, "He is a dear and earnest sort. I am glad to have given him a home among House Shevat."
A Hallifaxian painted dog slinks out from behind a beryl-framed divan couch of bronze velvet and sniffs curiously at Luce's paw.
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "It's somewhat rare these days for unattached adventurers to wake in the Collective, either new or simply without family."
Luce tilts his head curiously.
Daraius asks, "Ah, has the influx from the Portal slowed as well?"
Luce kneels and offers the paw in question to a Hallifaxian painted dog.
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "A bit, yes."
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "Admittedly it is entirely possible that I'm simply not awake when they do."
A Hallifaxian painted dog pads around Luce, backing away as he kneels. His every footstep leaves a colored paint print on the floor, demarcating a languid circle around Luce.
A warm, honeyed glow emanates from a golden beryl sconce sculpted into a tulip blossom, evoking afternoon sunlight on a spring day.
"Mm," Daraius hums in understanding, following a Hallifaxian painted dog and Luce with his eyes. "Judging by our performance in the cultural and political arenas, I suspect it is one of the Collective's periodic lulls."
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "One preceeded my artistic soujuorn as well."
Daraius tilts his head curiously at Luce.
Keeping his paw extended and following Loophole with his ears, Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "A lull, I mean. I was frequently the only Citizen awake."
Comprehension flashes across Daraius's face.
Daraius says, "Ah, pity."
A Hallifaxian painted dog circles around in front of Luce and plants his rear on the floor, sending up a small splash of paint. His tail swishes behind him, smearing a muddy rainbow on the lacquered  mahogany. He gazes at Luce expectantly with unblinking berylline eyes.
A low, contented growl arises within Daraius's chest.
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "It may have contributed to my sense of isolation at the time and my desire to withdraw. But that's the past."
Daraius nods his head at Luce.
Luce ponders the situation.
Resting his elbow on the arm of his chair and his chin in his paw, Daraius says, "I am pleased for that much. In any event, please meet Loophole, so named by my dear pup Miso."
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat asks, "Does he prefer meat, or paint?"
Daraius says, "Tints, exclusively. And one at a time, if you please."
Daraius says to Luce, "You can imagine the trouble it is to clean up after him when he's overfed."
Luce gives a yellow tincture to a Hallifaxian painted dog.
A Hallifaxian painted dog brightens considerably -- and literally -- as dazzling shades of dandelion and daffodil streak through his coat. He wags his tail happily, slinging sunny strands of pigment everywhere.
A sparkle of amusement manifests in Daraius's golden eyes.
Daraius says to Luce, "A curious thing. I confess, it took me quite some time to manifest any fondness for him whatsoever."
A Hallifaxian painted dog struts proudly about the room.
A Hallifaxian painted dog saunters around behind Luce and stuffs his nose into his paw, smearing it with variegated paint as he sniffs for more tints.
Luce wipes paint out of his eyes with the free paw, saying "I can understand that. You've a fondness for orderliness, and a tincture pet is likely anything but." with a little laugh in his voice.
Luce gives a green tincture to a Hallifaxian painted dog.
Verdant green tendrils slither vine-like over the body of a Hallifaxian painted dog, coiling about until his entire form is wrapped in shades of lime, mint, and sage.
Daraius says to Luce, "You may be aware of one of my commissioned additions to the opera house foyer -- a marquee to display advertisements for current productions. As it happens, I mistakenly placed a rather whimsical portrait of my own in the display, and it seems to have caught the attention of a rogue apprentice artist or scientist."
A Hallifaxian painted dog looks over himself as his colors shift, the flicking of his tail painting the furniture various shades of green. Some of the prior mess slowly begins dissipating, his pawprints and tail-streaks evaporating like so much mist.
With a short huff of a growl, Daraius says, "I suspect the fellow who unleased living crystalline reindeer on the city. But whoever the culprit, he or she brought my painting quite literally to life."
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "I see. I'm guessing there's a bit of the air plane in him, and perhaps a touch of the Dreaming..."
Luce looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat smiles and says, "He's certainly energetic."
Daraius says, "Mm, and apart from having the soul of a vandal, he has proven quite clever."
Daraius gives a gold tincture to a Hallifaxian painted dog.
A Hallifaxian painted dog sloppily gobbles down the gold tincture and romps playfully around the room as waves of aureate color ripple across his pelt, paint splashing like molten gold in his wake with every bound.
Luce chuckles long and heartily.
Daraius gets up off an exquisite teak and satin arm chair.
Daraius makes a subtle hand gesture at a Hallifaxian painted dog, who immediately sits at the loboshigaru's feet and looks directly up, up, up at him.
Daraius says to Luce, "Here is one of my favorites."
Using his entire body as brush and the nearest surface as canvas, a Hallifaxian painted dog creates a surprisingly realistic portrait of Erudio Papercrafts, then cants his head expectantly at Daraius.
[Erudio's wares]
Luce blinks.
Daraius pays 135 sovereigns and receives a sheet of formal House Shevat stationery.
A Hallifaxian painted dog accepts Daraius's gold and leaps into the portrait of Erudio Papercrafts to fetch something. When he returns, he places the paint-covered item in Daraius's hands and wags his tail proudly.
Daraius gives a sheet of formal House Shevat stationery to Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat.
Luce whistles appreciatively.
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "That IS a neat trick..."
Daraius says, "What's more, he can perform it anywhere, so aethertrading is rather a breeze. My refined wares remain safe in the storeroom, and he fetches an item for me as needed when I find a trader."
Daraius performs a patting motion a scant millimeter above a Hallifaxian painted dog's head, careful not to actually touch the painted pelt.
A Hallifaxian painted dog stares blankly into space.
Daraius gives a pink tincture to a Hallifaxian painted dog.
A Hallifaxian painted dog idly chews on the tincture like a piece of bubblegum as his entire lithe frame blushes with whimsical shades of primrose and carnation pink.
(Market): Raphie DiGagio says, "I've just arrived in the Bubble of Bottledowns! Will I be able to find some haute couture here, I wonder?"
Daraius says, "Ah, speaking of."
Daraius beckons to Luce.
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "That sounds incredibly useful. How did you teach him that?"
Luce begins to follow Daraius.
[Zip to Bottledowns]
In the shadow of a blasted tree.
The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. A young gnome boy is here, idly tossing a small, metal ball into the air. Idly fiddling with the buttons on his suit, Raphie DiGagio stands here. A glorious pegasus with shimmering wings of snowy feathers is here, eyeing her surroundings serenely.
Raphie DiGagio says, "Sorry, friend, but a pair of beryl shoes has no value to me."
Daraius puts his hands on his hips and goes "Hmmm!"
Daraius says, "Well."
"Uhh..." stalls Luce.
Daraius says to Luce, "His management of my refined items is predicated on my having stocked refined items."
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "Ah."
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "That would be beneficial, I imagine."
Daraius says to a Hallifaxian painted dog, "A valiant effort, but the shortcoming is mine, this time."
A Hallifaxian painted dog's whiskers droop slightly as a soft, disconcerted growl rumbles in his chest.
[zip back to Erudio]
Daraius sits himself down on an exquisite teak and satin arm chair and makes himself comfortable.
Daraius says to Luce, "To answer your question, positive reinforcement. It became quite obvious rather quickly that he enjoys tints a great deal, and observing his own displays."
A Hallifaxian painted dog's ears perk up at the mention of tints.
Luce gives a purple tincture to a Hallifaxian painted dog.
A Hallifaxian painted dog daintily swallows the tincture and assumes a regal bearing as a shroud of royal violet falls about his coat, dappled with breaths of lilac and lavender.
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat smiles broadly and says, "He is a treat to watch."
A low, contented growl arises within Daraius's chest.
A Hallifaxian painted dog approaches Luce and promptly rolls onto his back, presenting his belly to Luce as purple paint pools beneath him.
Daraius glances askance at a Hallifaxian painted dog.
Daraius says to Luce, "You needn't oblige him."
Daraius says, "His, ah... leavings... are mercifully short-lived, but you I wouldn't have you dirty yourself."
A Hallifaxian painted dog narrows his eyes at Daraius in an unnerving manner.
Returning the dog's gaze with a perfectly placid one of his own, Daraius says, "He clearly understands spoken language, but is incapable of speech, as far as I've discerned."
Daraius says, "That, too, I suspect is a mercy."
Luce snickers softly to himself.
Daraius murmurs, "I've not heard him make any vocalizations at all, in fact."
A Hallifaxian painted dog shimmies, still supine, a little closer to Luce. He casts a berylline glance at him, cranes his muzzle to indicate his own belly, then looks back up at Luce pleadingly.
Daraius touches his forehead and exhales a soft sigh of a growl, his eyes dimming subtly.
Luce laughs a litlle and reaches out to pet a Hallifaxian painted dog's belly.
Daraius says, "I can return him to his canvas if you'd--."
Daraius observes Luce's action with an expression of mild horror.
Luce turns his attention towards Daraius as his ears perk up in interest.
A jubilant rainbow of color ripples across a Hallifaxian painted dog's belly as Luce gives him his attention, spreading from where Luce's paw contacts his pelt in psychedelic wave.
Passing Luce a handkerchief he's produced from who-knows-where, Daraius says, "Well, the mess it temporary."
Luce laughs and continues petting with one hand while stowing the handkerchief quickly with the other.
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "I'm an artist, I've finger-painted before, this isn't far from it in terms of sensation."
A Hallifaxian painted dog melts, almost literally, under Luce's touch, his viscous fur utterly ruining Luce's paw for the time being, even as a nacreous puddle forms beneath him.
Still wearing an expression of some concern, Daraius says, "Well, he does appear to enjoy it a great deal. I worry what behavior is being reinforced."
Luce nods in concession to the point and stands, wrapping the paw in the kercheif to avoid spreading the mess, temporary or not.
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "Fair."
A soft smile crosses Daraius's canine features for a moment and he says to Luce with characteristic earnestness, "It is a true pleasure to hear you laugh, great-grandpup."
His aura effusing a flurry of golden motes, Daraius says, "Selfish though it may be, it does my heart well to see you can find joy."
Blushing faintly, Luce chuckles and rubs his ear with the clean paw. He says, "It's good to have something to be happy about, even something so small."
A Hallifaxian painted dog's contented wiggling subsides as he realizes Luce has abandoned him. His chest rises and falls with a slow but silent breath before he rolls over and slinks over to Daraius's side, curling up beside an exquisite teak and satin arm chair. 
A warm, honeyed glow emanates from a golden beryl sconce sculpted into a tulip blossom, evoking afternoon sunlight on a spring day.
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "But spending time with family, learning a new skill, and meeting new friends is hardly that."
Daraius asks Luce, "Hardly something to be happy about?"
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "Something small."
Comprehension flashes across Daraius's face.
Daraius rumbles softly with a sound somewhere between a chuckle and a growl.
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "It's ordinary, but there's beauty in simplicity sometimes."
Luce sits himself down on a beryl-framed divan couch of bronze velvet and makes himself comfortable.
Gesturing to the modesty of the lounge, Daraius says, "Quite so."
Glancing down at the dog snoozing by his chair, Daraius says, "Had I my preference, or were I looking for another companion, I might have chosen something more simple - a dingo, or retriever, perhaps."
Daraius says, "But this one has a certain charm of his own."
Luce chuckles long and heartily. 
Daraius gives a brown tincture to a Hallifaxian painted dog.
Shades of muddy, mottled brown course over a Hallifaxian painted dog's coat, making him look momentarily like a perfectly natural animal. One vigorous shake sends myriad paint droplets flying, dispelling the brief illusion along with them.
Luce quickly throws up a pentagram to avoid more paint on his suit.
Daraius says to Luce, "It is about time I took my leave, dear grandpup, but I thank you for sharing this time with me. As ever, I find few joys greater than the company of my beloved family."
Daraius gets up off an exquisite teak and satin arm chair.
Luce bows respectfully to Daraius.
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "Thank you as well, it's nice to spend time like this."
Daraius asks a Hallifaxian painted dog, "Are you ready to rest as well?"
A Hallifaxian painted dog turns his attention towards Daraius as his ears perk up in interest.
A Hallifaxian painted dog lowers his front half to you in an unmistakable doggy bow.
Daraius holds out a blank canvas and makes meaningful eye contact with a Hallifaxian painted dog. In response, the animal nods once and leaps towards the canvas, resolving with a ripple and a shimmer into a painting of Lycaon Pictus Hallifaxus.
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "I need to go educate my protege about the wonders of curios."
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "Gods have mercy on his soul."
Luce gets up off a beryl-framed divan couch of bronze velvet.
Daraius says to Luce, "You never told me his name."
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "Slipped my mind."
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "Tikki."
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "Withdrawn sort, gets absolutely silent around anyone else."
"Mm," Daraius hums in acknowledgement, though the sound is more a growl than anything.
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "Hoping to set him on the proper path, draw him out of his shell."
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "Aesthete knows I took a few gentle prods."
Daraius says to Luce, "You, I believe, are well suited for such an effort."
Daraius smiles softly at Luce.
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "Thank you."
Daraius says to Luce, "May he flourish under your careful guidance and gentle paw."
With a flourish of his arm, Luce bows deeply.
Daraius clasps his own paws and offers Luce a polite bow, his tail swinging contentedly behind him.
Jade Dreamer Luce Shevat says, "May your meditations bring enlightenment."
Daraius says, "And may you be well, and your efforts fruitful." 
Daraius nods his head at Luce.
I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."