Return of the Voice of Rhapsody

During all the dragon hubbub we briefly lost track of Rhapsody, but it's ok! We found her again! Warning for tears because oh my god guys. MY HEART. I cut out some of the spammy stuff like people entering and leaving

Massive raves to @Lantra @Carakhan @Terentia, you have all brought life to the city and it's all so good!

--

The Elder Goddesses Lantra and Carakhan descend upon the Gardens of Empyrean Memories, manifesting before the statue of the Elder Goddess Rhapsody.

You give the world a smart salute.

Gyorn La'Saet, Arm of Redress says, "Greetings."

With a flourish of his arm, Gyorn bows deeply.

(Celest): Laxinova (from the Aetherways) says, "Blessed sands Lady Carakhan, Lady Lantra."

Glancing about Herself with a wistful air, Lantra, the Empyreal says to Carakhan, "It is as you described it, Sculptress."

With a flourish of his arm, Tytone Farain, Shepherd of Enduring Faith bows deeply.

Tridemon kneels before Carakhan, swearing his allegiance to Her.

Gently, Carakhan, Sculptor of Waves says to Lantra, "They remember Her well."

Tytone Farain, Shepherd of Enduring Faith says, "It humbles me to see you both here in the Gardens, Lady Lantra and Lady Carakhan."

Lantra emote inclines Her head coolly to those who have arrived, Her expression shifting slightly at Tytone's words. "Do you tend to this place?" She asks, Her voice soft with curiosity.

Nodding, Tytone Farain, Shepherd of Enduring Faith says, "Yes, my Lady. I help shepherd the pilgrims here who wish to worship at the Gardens. There are many as you can see giving homage to the Lady Rhapsody. The Gardens themselves were partially donated by the Farains."

Turning to the other Celestians present with a smile, Tytone Farain, Shepherd of Enduring Faith says, "It is, however, an endeavor that many of the city have offered their care and service to."

Curiously, you ask, "Is there something we may help with?"

Lantra relaxes slightly at this, appearing at ease by the words. "This is Her instrument, too, is it not?" She murmurs, gesturing to the Rosewood Lute of Celestial Rhapsody. "Even now, as She remains far, I can sense it thrumming with the devotion of those gathered. Perhaps..." Her voice trails away as She turns to face you, considering. "It may yet be the answer. To summoning Her voice once more."

As the Empyreal Goddess studies you, the irresistible urge to STRUM the lute overcomes you.

You ask Lantra, "The last You were in the Shanty Town Memorial You spoke of finding a way to summon Her voice once more. Have You found a way?"

Elysian tells you, "One more request if I may."

Caleb gives Lantra a respectful salute.

Caleb gives Carakhan a respectful salute.

Misericorde glances askance to the Rosewood Lute of Celestial Rhapsody, her eyes briefly narrowing and then widening as she observes it.

Gyorn strums a soft, beautiful melody from the Rosewood Lute of Celestial Rhapsody, which vibrates with celestial music that carries sweetly on the wind.
As if in answer to a distant song, a flock of white doves soars above the city of New Celest with joyous rhapsody, before descending over the Gardens of Empyrean Memories.

Singing a radiant song, Lachlan, the Celestial Dove alights before the statue of the Elder Goddess Rhapsody, clear expectation shining in his eyes.

Gyorn La'Saet, Arm of Redress says, "I'm sorry."

A strange mist settles in the air as Lantra faintly smiles at Gyorn with approval. "You have gathered Her doves before. I ask that you do as you once did. We shall find Her yet."

Comprehension flashes across Gyorn's face.

Knorrith flashes Gyorn a joyous smile.

Carakhan smiles softly at Gyorn.

Gyorn gives a nervous laugh.

You say, "We'll do our best, Lady Lantra."

Lachlan, the Celestial Dove sings forlornly, calling out to the doves in the distance.

Gyorn La'Saet, Arm of Redress says, "Yes, we can do that!"

<<Gathering Dove Spam!!>>

A lost white dove trills out a delighted warble as she surrounds the statue of the Elder Goddess Rhapsody, now soaring among 10 shimmering celestial doves.
As the last of the lost doves soars above the statue of the Elder Goddess Rhapsody, only Lachlan remains. The Celestial Dove sings a final, shimmering note that hangs suspended in the air, but hesitates before joining the other doves - as if one last piece is still missing.
[HINT]: Hmm, it looks like Lachlan is waiting for you to GIVE something that could summon the Flock of Miracles?

(Celest): You say, "That was the last of it."

Ocean waves echoing softly behind his voice, Tridemon Regalis, Keeper of Pure Waters says, "It is done?"

Lachlan, the Celestial Dove turns to Lantra with a curious cant of his head, as if expecting the Goddess to react. Her expression is cool and calm, considering.

You say, "Lachlan is missing something."

A rare flicker of uncertainty in Her eyes, Lantra, the Empyreal says, "Me? You wish for something from Me to summon the Voice of Rhapsody?"
Bright motes of light suffuse Lachlan, the Celestial Dove as he sings a final, resonant note, looking at Lantra expectantly as the melody lingers in the air.

Laxinova blinks.

Lachlan, the Celestial Dove chirps cheerily in approval.

Hesitantly, Lantra removes a single star lotus from Her veil of cascading mist. She closes Her eyes for a moment, as if recalling a distant, far-off memory, and the flower blossoms and unfurls with beautiful light.

Lantra gives an enchanting star lotus in eternal bloom to Lachlan, the Celestial Dove.
Lachlan, the Celestial Dove accepts an enchanting star lotus in eternal bloom in his beak and rejoin the other doves in song, a shimmering light enveloping him as he takes flight.

Suddenly and without warning the air is filled with hymnic, rhapsodic music, echoing throughout the gardens, beautiful and eloquent, shimmering through the aether with a luminous white light.

With heartbreaking resonance, the rhapsodic music swells with emotion as Rhapsody's voice rings soft and clear:
'You are the Light of My Soul.'

'Weaving this beautiful dream...'

'Lost to time's endless stream.'

'Take My hand and know...'

As if listening through time, you watch the Lady Rhapsody serenade a beautiful Goddess who silently walks beside Her on a distant shore. Though She sings brightly, each word aches with sweet melancholy.

'Dawn breaks for You tomorrow.'

'Even as the tides rise and change...'

'As Our world turns cruel and strange...'

'Forget all your pain and sorrow.'

The slim figure beside Rhapsody wipes at Her eyes, trying and failing to smile as She takes the winged Goddess's hand in Hers. The flock of doves arcs overhead, weaving through the sky with gentle grace.

'When lonely and cold winds blow...'

'Look to My doves as they fly.'

'For You I shall be their silent sky...'

'Basking in Your radiant glow...'

Here, the radiant smile that has graced Rhapsody's face begins to dim, if only slightly. Her wings wrap tenderly about Lantra as the Hamadhi exhales, facing the Fourth Circle Goddess with utmost love and misery.

'And though Our Fate is now resigned...'

'Should You return to these shores...'

'Know My salvation is tied to Yours.'

'Let Me be the wake You leave behind...'

The Goddesses embrace, Their shadows illuminated in starlight as They kiss. It is a moment that seems at once too brief and infinite, and as They pull away, Their eyes both glisten with tears.

'No matter where My song may roam...'

'My heart remains at Your side.'

'Dearest one, please do not cry...'

'This song is Yours, and Yours alone.'

As the vision fades, the doves begin to flutter skywards, their ephemeral bodies easily passing through the statue of the Elder Goddess Rhapsody into the skies above.

A flock of white doves wing high above the city, singing rhapsodic praise down upon the inhabitants before fading into the clouds.

The Voice of Rhapsody says, "This was the last song I sang while living, the night that I severed My Voice to protect all I loved from Zenos. This was the last song I wrote for the Light of My Soul... My beloved Lantra, the White."

The air grows gentle with a bittersweet tenderness as the music quiets, the Voice of Rhapsody radiating a sense of abject sorrow, love and joy at once that blesses you with its strength.

Misericorde presses her hand over her mouth, tears shining in her eyes. A soft, constricted "Oh," spills from her lips.

Her chest rising and falling with short breaths, Lantra clutches at the lotus clasp of her cope and falls to Her knees, as if overcome. The veil of water lilies falls completely over the Divine's face, shrouding the depth of Her emotion from those nearby as Her shoulders shake and tremble.

Gyorn blinks as tears flow from his eyes.

Gyorn sniffles softly.

Her voice throttled with emotion, Lantra, the Empyreal says to the Voice of Rhapsody, "I am sorry I could not save You. But I am glad Your voice continues... That You have continued to bring hope wherever You are."

Carakhan reaches out a hand towards Lantra, but then withdraws it, rather than disturb the other Goddess's communion with the Voice. The expression of the Sculptor is sorrowful, and Her gaze heavy with the weight of memories.

Laxinova sniffles as a few tears roll down his face.

All at once, the Voice of Rhapsody begins to sing to Lantra in earnest, surrounding the veiled Goddess with dulcet tones.

Rich with compassion and tenderness, the Voice of Rhapsody sings, "No matter where My song may roam... My heart remains by Your side. Dearest one, please do not cry..."

To the Goddess, in lyrics as gentle as rain, the Voice of Rhapsody says, "You are the Light of My Soul. Be happy, My dearest one."

Lantra rises to Her feet, exhaling sharply as She nods. Her veil shifts ever so slightly to reveal tears in Her eyes as She says, "I will try."

Tytone Farain, Shepherd of Enduring Faith wrings his hands, uncertain how to proceed.

Gyorn La'Saet, Arm of Redress says, "Yes.. where would we get one?"

Carakhan, Sculptor of Waves says to Lantra, "We first spoke of Rhapsody in the Memorial Water Gardens. Perhaps You might gift some of Your lotuses there, that those of the city might gather them."

With a flicker of a smile that pierces through the sorrow, Carakhan, Sculptor of Waves says to Lantra, "Your flowers there would not cause as great a stir as the Lady Maylea's own flowers of remembrance, I think."

Gyorn looks at Carakhan and comprehension flashes across his face.

Gyorn's eyes sparkle with amusement at Carakhan.

Gyorn La'Saet, Arm of Redress whispers, "Yes.. that did cause a stir."

Prioress Yinuish La'Saet says, "I... must have missed that."

Gyorn suddenly loses focus in his eyes and shudders, then looks curiously refreshed.

Nodding in silent assent Lantra says, "Yes... I can think of no better place. Thank you, Sculptor." She curiously arches a single brow at the mention of Maylea, but after a moment's consideration, She decides not to respond to it.

To the Celestians present, with soft affection in Her voice, Lantra, the Empyreal says, "I thank you once more, New Celest. I shall not forget what you have done this day."

Misericorde inclines her head to Lantra while wiping at her eyes once more.

Tridemon nods his head emphatically.

Laxinova beams broadly at Lantra.

Laxinova nods his head in agreement.

Gyorn La'Saet, Arm of Redress says, "We were just happy to help, Lady Lantra.."
Rich with affection and love, the Voice of Rhapsody says, "The Light of My Soul! We would speak of nothing and everything to one another in the times before the Elder Wars. I taught Her the joys of Creation, and She taught Me of the beauty and sanctity of life itself. I grieve that Our time was so short... but things have changed. I am the wake that She must leave behind."

With a flourish of his arm, Qoivhae bows deeply.

Lantra smiles softly.

A quiet breeze sweeps through the vicinity as Lantra, the Empyreal dissolves in a luminous swirl of white lotus petals, leaving only twinkling motes of starlight in Her wake.

Knorrith's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

In a deep masculine tone, Duke Laxinova, A Light in Dark Times says to Carakhan, "It has been a pleasure to see you at long last Blessed Lady Carakhan, it has been a great honour."

Lingering a moment longer, Carakhan, Sculptor of Waves says to Tytone Farain, Shepherd of Enduring Faith, "Devotion, and something associated with strong memories were necessary to call the Voice back. It is possible that other items with such memories would serve the same."
Her dulcet tone lilting and bittersweet, the Voice of Rhapsody says, "Once I was the Elder Goddess Rhapsody of the Fourth Circle, who gave song to the doves and the gentle sea breeze. However, like many Keepers of Song, I had to sever Myself from Dynara's gift to Me... And so I am a mere Voice, and all that remains of the Goddess that once was."

Carakhan offers Laxinova a nod, Her gaze sweeping over each of you gathered. "Thank you, for aiding Lady Lantra in finding what reunion was yet possible." She offers a last, sorrowful, smile.

Carakhan's sphere splits into two large waves, which rise and crash above the Goddess's head with a thunderous clap. When the water and mist dissipate, She is gone.

With a flourish of his arm, Gyorn bows deeply.

Clearly still overwhelmed by all that has occurred, Tytone Farain, Shepherd of Enduring Faith says, "Well, I believe I shall have quite a bit to catalogue now in my work for the gardens."

Gyorn La'Saet, Arm of Redress says, "Yes, I would say so."

Gyorn sways back and forth.

Yinuish smiles softly at Tytone Farain, Shepherd of Enduring Faith.

Gyorn pats Tytone Farain, Shepherd of Enduring Faith in a friendly manner.

(Celest): You say, "It seems the Voice of Rhapsody can be summoned once more. I think Tytone will be handling the details from here on out."

Gyorn La'Saet, Arm of Redress says to Tytone Farain, Shepherd of Enduring Faith, "I know you will do it justice."

Laxinova nods his head at Tytone Farain, Shepherd of Enduring Faith, showing his acceptance.

Accompanied by a rhythmic flapping of gills, Magister Qoivhae Vivalde, the Royal Curator says, "Excuse me."

Qoivhae leaves to the northwest, emanating an aura of immense power.

In a deep masculine tone, Duke Laxinova, A Light in Dark Times says to Tytone Farain, Shepherd of Enduring Faith, "No time like the present."

You say to Tytone Farain, Shepherd of Enduring Faith, "Good luck in your new duties."

Knorrith gives the world a smart salute.

Tytone Farain, Shepherd of Enduring Faith awkwardly bows to the Voice of Rhapsody before taking his farewell.

Comments

• edited July 2020
     :'(  <3

I'd been excited to share this lore for a long time. Thanks to everyone who came out for it!
    Avatar by Sam Smith. You can follow her on Twitter here.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    my heart... I wished I wouldn't have missed that. Thanks for sharing!
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.