'Again.'

Full log: 'Again'.

In which there is joy and excitement and deep, abiding sorrow, as there always is between best frenemies Lief and @Gurashi.
You have emoted: Lief uncrumples the hand towel she'd used to dry herself and carefully folds it on the bench next to her, keeping her musician's fingers busy. She smiles again, deeper, and she says, "I've missed spending time like this with you, Gurashi. You look different nearly every time I see you, and you had me worried earlier - but even if I worry still, I'm filled with so much joy regardless."

Softly, to herself, you say, "That must be selfish of me, to feel happy despite your troubles..."

A passing breeze causes the flame within a delicate glass lantern to flicker, innumerable tiny flowers suddenly painting the surroundings in a colorful wash of pale blues and violets.

Gurashi shakes their head, gazing morosely at the cover, their tail no longer wagging. They lift the quill as if to write but find no words, glancing at the piano, then up at you again. Finally, they scribble something new, setting the notepad on the bench beside the faeling, letting their head droop until their horn presses into the bench, keeping their head aloft: 'are too many things and not enough times but i <3 you and am so very glad you are back - also you should probably go. not safe to be around me for little while'. They stare at their words, then quickly add 'again' at the end of their sentence.
Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
~
A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
~
Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."

Comments

• Such a cute log! And Gurashi's manse is so beautiful!
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Month Four, back to letters.

You read what is written on rustic stationery bordered with apple branches:

Dear Gurashi,

Do you remember a very, very long time ago, when I felt haunted by Nocht and - despite everything - you were the one person I could talk to? I do. I remember you commenting that it sounded exhausting to have such Divine worries, and yet, quickly it seemed to me, you began to draw attention, too.

I hope it isn't my fault that you did. I hope that maybe - just maybe - They were watching you before. That He was watching you, and it wasn't my fault.

Is He watching you now? Is that why you are pushing me away? I know there is so much going on in your head, and in your heart, and maybe you don't have the words to begin to tell me about it, especially if you are scared that He or Anyone is watching. I know you are protecting me from - from Someone. I know how He can creep inside your heart and fill a person with fear.

I know. I feel such fear deep in my bones when I see Him. Such overwhelming fear that I can't move, that I cannot act with intention - that I must give way to instinct lest I die.
    It's not quite so bad when it's just His voice. I imagine you see Him much more than I do, but His voice is bearable, and I can feel powerful enough to speak to Him with honesty. There is such power in honesty. How can He hurt us if we already know all the deep dark secrets of ours that He can see?

I don't know if any of this makes sense, or if it helps. I don't know what you go through, save that you are trying to protect me. I know you well enough, too, to know that you won't accept my reassurances that my Lady will protect me, which She does. I am Her Unbroken Lief, and She is my Goddess.

I am protected. I am loved. I am safe. If you ever feel you can tell me what lurks within your heart, I will shelter it as I do my very own. Your secrets would be safe with me, and, maybe, we could figure this out together.

LMS
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Month Five:

Dear Gurashi,

Some very good friends and I played a game the other month. "Two truths and a lie," one called it, though I wish it had been "Two lies and a truth".

It made me realize I'm not very good at playing games, at least not those that should be light-hearted. I don't think that's wrong, but I do mourn things I have lost, especially when I cannot remember the moment of loss. When, exactly, did I become so very serious? Was I always this way?

Anyway, it was a difficult game. I could not lie very well because I realized I am not willing to share so many of my innermost Truths, and I cannot think of my Truths without that capital-T. They already knew everything about me that I'm willing to share.

But! That's okay, too, isn't it? It's okay to hide things, if they are yours to hide? To share when you are ready to share, if you are ready to share?

What's most important, I think, is remembering to let others support you when you need support. To let them hold you up if you will otherwise collapse. After all, no tree can withstand a storm without soil to root themselves in and sunlight to look forward to when it finally ends.

And Gurashi, there will be sunlight for you again.

LMS
    ~
    ~
  • Month Six:

Gurashi,

I miss you.

LMS

Rustic stationery bordered with apple branches is holding:
    ###### a little apple blossom cake

---------------------------------------------------

This cake is tiny, just barely large enough to host the single sugared apple blossom perched upon its very center, blushing pink and likewise perfectly intact. Marbled buttercream frosting blankets the surface of the pastry itself, a dreamy haze of even paler pinks swirling into white like flower petals eddying on a lush springtime breeze. All told, this dainty confection could probably be consumed in two or three bites. Piped on it are the words:
    Bend, but do not break.
    ~
    ~
  • Coraline said:
    So I should start ignoring Lief so I can get cool letters and presents!
    You just have to make it really obvious. "WE CANNOT TALK FOR SIX MONTHS." She'll be oblivious if you don't tell her she's not allowed to see you. :D
    ~
    ~