Announce Post #3063: Bugfixing Livestream - 25th July

This coming Saturday, 25th July, Orael will be doing a bugfixing livestream along with his glamorous assistants, Ianir and Aonia!

We'll be live at 7pm GMT at http://www.twitch.tv/lusternia - please note that this URL is different to before, but if you were following us at lusternia_official, you'll still be following us at /lusternia.

Got a bug you want us to look at in the stream? Let us know on the forums in this announce post's thread and we'll see if it's one that works for streaming. Please note that we cannot look at quest bugs or similar on stream due to the spoilers inherent in doing so.

See you all on Saturday!

Comments

• Please post your bugs here, including their bug number!
    Art by the wonderful Gurashi.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Bug 29687: Please make wildnodes stop resetting to Pandaland!
    Bug 29700: Qoivhae spammed the game with 5874 lines of text w/ 1 command entered.
    Bug 29449: Design patterns and commodity percentage error reporting, the %age rounds incorrectly on the DESIGN command.
    Bug 27444: You still can't rub enchantments that are on something overlaid by something else; having to strip off clothing to use enchantments is something we tried to remove on an envoy report a while back, and while the report was accepted / layering was adjusted a bit, this issue is still being an issue.
    That's probably enough for one person...
  • Bug #29752   Status: Submitted
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------[Parhelion on 7/19/2020 @ 19:24 bugs]------
    After having been ascended, I have lost all of the listings on my recognizelog.

=====================================================

recognize Terentia for being an absolutely formidable person to roleplay with. I look forward to future meetings with You.

The Gods have no need of your recognition. Their heads are big enough as it is.

Bug #29751   Status: Submitted
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------[Parhelion on 7/19/2020 @ 19:21 bugs]------
    Gods can recognize us for RP, but we cannot recognize Gods. I know that they have no need of
    recognition, nor the credits attained from such, but it would be great if we could still recognize 
    them. Thank you.

Perhaps not a bug, but I think it needs to be fixed. 
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • edited July 2020
    Bug 28085 - hidden item interaction does not work when using HERE anymore because of the change to curios/curioboxs to be rubbed while within the curiobox. In order to interact with a hidden item in a room, any matching curios need to be removed from the curiobox and in your INV before HERE will work.
    Bug 29713 - modulebal in char.vitals gmcp got flipped on flags in the recent update. 0 is true and 1 is false (where as other balances have 0 as false and 1 as true)
  • Bug #29707  - wonderbelt activate shield is a defense that cannot be raised in a peaced room

Bug #29069   - It is possible to burrow below and then get paralyzed, meaning you can't burrow above back out.

Bug #29038  - the titles of orgs as shown in POLITICS seems like it is bugged, possibly stuck since the cityrank title reworks. (at the time of the bug report) Hallifax is still "The Grand Empire of" despite only having 1 village, MHF, and 1 aetherbubble. Gaudiguch is only "The Grand Dominion of" when it has 4 villages, cultural center, wild nodes, and 2 aetherbubbles.
  • Bug #29690 Status: Submitted
    -------[Coraline on 7/14/2020 @ 04:10 bugs]------
    In Nexus, you can't see the Esteem, Karma, and Power Reserves in the left sidebar like you used to be able to. Other people using Nexus have told me that they have this problem too. I use Chrome, and Firefox users have this problem as well.

Bug #28556 Status: Low
    -------[Coraline on 3/24/2020 @ 05:30 bugs]------
    at Jitta Ko, you can't buy cocoa unless you specify the number (like cocoa149947)
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • We aren't responsible for Nexus bugs unfortunately, but I believe people have reported that via the in-Nexus system (which is the best way to report Nexus issues). So hopefully that'll be fixed soon!
  • edited July 2020
    Bug #28689 - A bug relating to a situation in which one can continue to bombard an aetherbubble while the ship they are on moves. I do not wish to post the specifics here unprompted as it may be easily replicable unless there is more going on behind the scenes. Unfortunately the bug report for this one was made hastily as it was originally an issue due to occurring mid-aetherflare.

Bug #28548   Status: Artifact
    -------[Nelras on 3/23/2020 @ 18:30 bugs]------
    When using aviators goggles, the line that shows that someone is flying above the room you are in (rather than on the ground) does not show
    when their description is altered. I haven't checked this for all methods of changing a person's description. The one I have noticed it for 
    is "Manifold eyes, limbs, and mouths in constant motion, a hulking golem of twisted flesh looms here."

Bug #28279   Status: City
    -------[Nelras on 2/26/2020 @ 07:00 bugs]------
    Fraesic's message when a new player joins is shown as being on (College):. Hallifax's cgt is (University):

• Bug #27489 Status: Low
    -------[Shulamit on 12/26/2019 @ 07:54 bugs]------
    Approved lighting designs (sconces and lanterns) do not show how much space they take up when you look at the design. They also do not have what furniture type they are, or if they are capable of being outside or not. That entire line is not visible.

I want to know how much base space they take. And the fact they can be toggeled indoor/outdoor, but had to just test it.

Bug #28337 Status: Medium
    -------[Shulamit on 3/2/2020 @ 22:16 bugs]------
    reading help files seems like an odd thing to stop teleportations.

It does seem odd.

Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

• Bug #27039   Status: Medium
    -------[Llani on 11/17/2019 @ 02:44 bugs]------
    clothing hidden with CLOTHING HIDE still keeps items which are covered by it from showing in your
    description.
  • Bug #27829   Status: Skills
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------[Dys on 1/19/2020 @ 23:02 bugs]------
    Nunchaku's entangle avoidance (Zuijiudashi) says it is more effective the drunker you are, but I don't notice any difference to the rate it dodged entangles between totally sober and suicidally intoxicated (as a dwarf with demi+ power). In both cases the rate seemed somewhere around 5% or less.

• Bug #29308   Status: Skills
    -------[Synl on 6/14/2020 @ 04:12 bugs]------
    Shaman -woods cannot use Lightning in their manipulated weather rooms, even if the weather is
    compatible. The message 'You are not currently holding or bonded to a meld.' is given upon 
    attempting to use lightning. The reason I think this is a bug is because, as an example, I CAN 
    manipulate Tornado as a wyrdenwood if I setup the right wind speed first. 1 weather dependant 
    ability is usable outside of meld, but the other (Lightning) is not.

Aw yea baby, delve into that weather code for me.
  • Bug 29767 

Hidden damagedlung is not being cured by AC once the line "Your inability to breathe leads to a hypoxia-induced blackout." is given. If this line is unique then it should be added so that AC knows you have it once this line is given. However, if the line isn't unique then it shouldn't unless AC guess is utilized.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Bug #29750   Status: Submitted
    -------[Aeldra on 7/19/2020 @ 17:46 bugs]------
    Autocuring/SSC spamming 'blind'/sixthsense with error message 'You are unable to concentrate on the
    sixth sense until your body settles enough to eat a purity dust

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Thank you. Your report has been submitted as bug #29801.
    My fae seem to wish their presence known, no matter what with this traveler's cloak turned off.
  • Eve said:
    Thank you. Your report has been submitted as bug #29801.
    My fae seem to wish their presence known, no matter what with this traveler's cloak turned off.
    ?
  • Synl said:
    Bug #29308   Status: Skills
    Shaman -woods cannot use Lightning in their manipulated weather rooms, even if the weather is
    compatible. The message 'You are not currently holding or bonded to a meld.' is given upon 
    attempting to use lightning. The reason I think this is a bug is because, as an example, I CAN 
    manipulate Tornado as a wyrdenwood if I setup the right wind speed first. 1 weather dependant 

Just want to toss out that this is a historical design decision, not a bug proper. 
  • Make sure you get your bugs in soon so we've got time to review them!
  • Enya said:
    Synl said:
    Bug #29308   Status: Skills

Just want to toss out that this is a historical design decision, not a bug proper. 
    Yea during one of my more lucid times playing I looked at it more, and bugappended. It doesn't work because Lightning checks to see if your target is in a meld, which is obviously impossible. Will report on it next cycle. 
  • Think I'll fish up a vintage "bug" for this.

Bug #26729   Status: Anomaly
    -------[Jolanthe on 10/13/2019 @ 14:30 bugs]------
    Previously sent to the Charites, Who have directed me to bug it - I wish to point out some issues with the base "beer" pattern - number 51 in the pattern listing. It currently provides an error for  YOU'RE, despite no existence of YOU'RE in the base pattern. Editting the pattern in any way will not make the warning go away either. Additionally, it includes a notation that beer designs must include at least two malt commodities, despite having no noun to take advantage of any one malt's benefits nor appearing able to offer any of them. Does this mean we can't make any cheap beer without malts, even if they offer no malt benefits? It is unclear if this is a bug, or if it is just indicative of the age of the pattern - and perhaps a sign it should be retired.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Shamanism Lightning was already fixed in melds. Why try to bring several people casting Lightning at one person back?

• Maligorn said:
    Shamanism Lightning was already fixed in melds. Why try to bring several people casting Lightning at one person back?
    I suggested the check for cooldown be put on the target. Like have it check if the target has been hit by lightning in the last 4 seconds. Ianir said that will probably be a fairly easy thing to do. So.. yea. Same function, just woods will be able to use one of their abilities. Anyways, off-topic, feel free to comment on the report at some point in the future.
  • Bug #29344   Status: Skills
    -------[Gysolem on 6/16/2020 @ 22:49 bugs]------
    the KILL command will use Geomancy's staff attack, but won't recognize Geochemantic's Magnum Blast, defaulting back to Elementalism Blast if you are a Geochemist.
  • Also another bug! I don't care about this one as much as the other one I posted, but I think it'd be an easier fix, and more important because it's combat-y related.

Bug #28585   Status: Skills
    -------[Llani on 3/28/2020 @ 02:11 bugs]------
    darkseed (And maybe other targeted meld effects) only used 2 power for me when used on a single
    target outside meld.
    -------[Llani on 5/7/2020 @ 22:07 adds]------
    I did some much belated testing. It seems to cost 2 power if I currently have a meld, and five power
    if I don't, regardless of if I am or am not currently inside the meld.
  • edited July 2020
    We're live now at:

Come say hello!
  • QuixoteQuixote Manchester, UK
    I keep getting a network error #2000, repeatedly.
  • If that happens you just need to refresh the stream and it should start again! Also it will help to be watching through Twitch, not through the video that automatically embedded in here.
    Yeah, just not happening for me. Tried both, multiple times. It's probably not helping that the lowest resolution available seems to be 1080p and I'm stuck on a mobile network.
  • You might have more luck with VoDs :)

The stream is now available on VoD - there are two segments, one for Orael's half and one for Ianir's. You can find them at the link above and they'll be up as highlights too. We've also recorded it so we can make it available elsewhere later on.

Thanks everyone who came, and sorry if we didn't get to your bugs!
    Yep, grabbing the two previous ones now. 6GB, though. That'll take most of the night!

Thanks for the advice. I was absolutely unfamiliar with Twitch until today.