Magnagora, Nil, and joining Lantra's order

This was very much worth coming back for  <3 Raves for everyone, including @Mboagn (unfortunately I forgot to copy the conversation with him that led to this), @Uzriel, @Sapphira, and @Lantra.

As a note, there was a conversation over tells with Uzriel that I also missed, asking for information about Nil/the demon lords, and if I could visit. His response was that if I wanted to come as a 'willing sacrifice', it could be arranged.

Sapphira arrives, following Geochemist Uzriel d'Vanecu, the Demagogue of Dissonance. Winking motes of turquoise dreams drift in from the ether, heralding the arrival of a blithe dream phoenix with wings made of lissome shadows.
Uzriel inclines his head politely to those around him.

You greet Uzriel with a sincere smile.

You greet Sapphira with a sincere smile.

Uzriel beckons you to him.

Sapphira inclines her head politely to you.

You begin to follow Uzriel.

You follow Geochemist Uzriel d'Vanecu, the Demagogue of Dissonance to Courtyard into the d'Vanecu Estate.

He is a fiendish undead master viscanti twisted demigod. His tall, regal frame is held with a proud, dignified posture, bestowing upon him an aura of refined aristocracy. His skin is ashen-grey, however in no manner impresses a state of ill health; rather, it lends his sharp features the appearance of a masterfully-carved statue, defined by stark angles and broad, chiselled contours. Contrasting the slate-grey hue of his complexion is a vibrant rust-red shock of short, wavy hair, the locks curling around an impressive pair of curving goat horns, the osseous structures of lacklustre black barely touched with dark ochre. A focused set of golden-amber eyes gazes out with calculated curiosity and determination. Upon his back he wears a heavy pair of cylindrical iron tanks, a complex labyrinth of pipes, tubes, regulators, and valves interconnecting the tanks with one another along with the various strange, scientific devices which hang from his belt. A pair of flexible hoses attaches to the underside of a plague mask with a long bird-like beak, allowing it to serve as a respirator when worn. Velvety coils of incandescent indigo billow about his shoulders like a luxurious shawl, its threads woven of eventide fog and vespertine blooms. An ethereal bracelet of azure flame rests upon his wrist, marking the truefavour of Raezon, the Forbidden upon him. He walks with the highfavour of Thax, the Machine. He walks with the truefavour of Orael the Anomaly. A brilliant ivory light suffuses the air about him, pulsing occasionally with a sense of childlike joy as he carries the favour of Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory.
Menacing horns twist upon themselves like crooked spires on his head, their dully reflective circumferences rigid enough to accommodate silver wire criss-crossing to either side in a wretched dreamcatcher. Bent and cracked bells abuse their clappers betwixt these, a disharmony brought to life with each twist of head or subtle movement.
He is wearing:
geochemantic goggles set in a mask rent with dark fissures attached to metal hoses, serving as a respirator
earthy wingtip brogue shoes of leather and suede
an exquisite black suit embellished in sanguine and gearwork
a piceous wedding band of gold and lapis
a bewitching censer smouldering with lavender flames
carnelian prayer beads shaped like demonic imps
the Medallion of Knowledge coated in a tainted layer of soot
an illustrious signet ring of House d'Vanecu
the Iron Key to the Infernal Machine hanging from the side of his belt.

She is a fiendish undead irontongue viscanti demigoddess and has a petite and lissome build. Surely blessed by the fates, her face is a vision of aristocratic symmetry and noble elegance, setting her far apart from the masked pariahs of the undercity. Thick tresses of chestnut frame her features, the strands rippling in a shining and somewhat dishevelled mass of waves to brush her slender shoulders with highlights of copper and gold. Her eyes are striking; vivid lapis in hue, they are big and bright, lending her the impression of eternal wide-eyed innocence that is only enhanced by the full curve of her lips. Protruding from her brow are two small ivory horns; never growing to great prominence, they curve gently upwards into rounded, polished tips. Slender, feminine and filled with an almost whimsical sort of energy, the viscanti woman has flawless skin in a soft, dusky roseate hue and a natural grace and economy to her movements. Her skin shimmers faintly from a thin application of oil and smells faintly of dragon's blood, deep and exotic. Velvety coils of incandescent indigo billow about her shoulders like a luxurious shawl, its threads woven of eventide fog and vespertine blooms. She walks with the truefavour of Orael the Anomaly. A brilliant ivory light suffuses the air about her, pulsing occasionally with a sense of childlike joy as she carries the favour of Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory.
Her heavy, thick curls have been rolled backwards, covering the ears, and pinned alongside the others into a layered chignon which covers the entirety of her neck in the back. A subdued, decadent shade of copper, they lend her face a soft, romantic look, accentuated by two longs curls left to frame the face.
She is wearing:
a graceful gown of diaphanous cobalt silk
a bewitching censer smouldering with lavender flames dangling discreetly from one ear
a silken choker bearing a redolent filigree charm
a sterling wedding band of gold and lapis
dainty black ankle boots.

Inclining his head, Geochemist Uzriel d'Vanecu, the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "Now then, greetings. I'm Uzriel d'Vanecu, and this is my wife, the Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu. And this is our estate."

Sapphira nods again as she is introduced, pondering you with wordless yet not unkind scrutiny.

With a slight nod of her head and a smile, you say, "My name is Vylasse. It is nice to meet you both."

Courtyard into the d'Vanecu Estate.
The corrosiveness of the taint sickens the land. Surrounded by an illusion of a cliff overlooking the churning Sea of Despair, a mansion of pale grey brick with white rusticated quoins rises majestically beyond a manicured courtyard. A fountain of black marble graces the centre of the threshold with cobblestones assembled into depictions of blossoming amaranths in variegated shades of grey paving the way around it. Enchanting cherry-blossom trees in full bloom line the way towards the estate, their sweet intoxicating scent perfuming the air heavily. An elegant entrance porch has been elevated several feet above the ground level, approached by a curved flight of white marble steps from each side and adorned with a cast-iron banister. The double-winged slate doorway with a decorative fanlight has been trimmed with fluted white columns of a portico, their marble lengths veined with silver. Three-sided white bay windows flank the entryway and the first floor above it, whilst the other windows are arched and narrow, their tops protected by decorative hood molding. A slate convex mansard roof shields the whole building, cast-iron cresting and cornices lending it an additional aristocratic flare. A slow, ominous dripping echoes across the room from a forbidding fountain of black marble, blood slipping through the hands of twisted, dark figures. A gold phoenix perches here, her fiery plumage illuminating the area with white flames. Trailing eddies of dream motes, the evanescent form of a blithe dream phoenix lingers here, wings made of lissome shadows cascading behind her. Geochemist Uzriel d'Vanecu, the Demagogue of Dissonance stands here amidst a cloud of deathly cold mist. He wields a twisted staff in his left hand and a magnum blastworks in his right hand. Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu, the Ensanguined Aesthete lingers within velvety billows of indigo-lavender smoke that imbue the air with the intoxicating fragrance of burgeoning dusk. She wields an august lute of lucent silver and sapphire in her left hand and an ivory paintbrush flush with indigo ink in her right hand. You see a sign here instructing you to use the PORTAL command to enter the aetherplex system.
You see a single exit leading in (open door).

Voice muffled by his mask, Geochemist Uzriel d'Vanecu, the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "Now then, you had an interest in Nil. Could you be a bit more specific about what the interest is?"

Wisps of exotically perfumed air tickle your nostrils, billowing away from Sapphira.

Uzriel fluidly waves his arms about his body and you notice that with each pass pieces of misty-purple phantom armour are revealed.

Vylasse lifts her gaze to the estate courtyard and drops one hand on the head of the phoenix beside as she thinks. "Ah... well," she starts, "I've heard that the er, Demon Lords are like... child Elders? I wondered if that is accurate and also that," pausing, she takes a breath before continuing, still staring straight ahead, "I don't know much about how Nil... changed, or what they teach?"

The scent of fresh flowers tantalises briefly, carried upon a delicate breeze from the conservatory.

Patiently, Geochemist Uzriel d'Vanecu, the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "All of the Cosmic planes are indeed similar to places that the Elders were birthed. The Continuum for instance is the plane where Xyl was born. Nil and Celestia are home to entities that might have been Elders, yet the incubation was cut short, as such they are what we call half-formed. Close to Divine, but not quite fully finished."

As though thinking of an unfinished project, Uzriel turns a well-loved screwdriver through his hands.

Vylasse nods her head slowly at the words. "And Vortex was where they were... manufactured? Birthed?"

Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu, the Ensanguined Aesthete says, "Very much the same as the Supernals, as far as development went."

Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu, the Ensanguined Aesthete says, "All of the cosmic planes were birthplaces of the Elders."

Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu, the Ensanguined Aesthete says, "Or, intended as creches."

Voice muffled by his mask, Geochemist Uzriel d'Vanecu, the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "Each plane is a birthplace of a different creche of beings. Vortex is one that was even less developed than Nil or Celestia. Meanwhile Continuum is one where they fully formed and were developed. It is not as if they started in Vortex and then moved to another."

Sapphira nods her head at Uzriel.

You look thoughtful and say, "Oh, I see. Apologies, it is only something I heard recently."

Sapphira's lips twitch faintly.

Wryly, Geochemist Uzriel d'Vanecu, the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "Are you sure you do not wish to come to Magnagora for a proper education? You are still young enough that I'm sure you could take to the lessons."

Vylasse says, shaking her head, "No, no, I like Celest. I wanted to understand the views of others."

Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu, the Ensanguined Aesthete says, "Well, what do you know of your Supernals? They are very similar in origin to the Demon Lords and Lady."

Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu, the Ensanguined Aesthete says, "And perhaps from there we can explain some of how they are now differentiated from each other."

You say to Sapphira, "That they are as Lord Uzriel described, half-formed Divine. They are possessed of a great deal of wisdom and knowledge, and the Lady Raziela in particular teaches us to be kind and understanding to all people. I... would guess that the Holy Emanations were much the same way, at one time."

Vylasse turns away quickly as she finishes speaking.

Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu, the Ensanguined Aesthete says, "Indeed. Nil was once known as Shallamar, before Emperor Ladantine released the taint. The Demon Lords and the other beings of Nil were transformed to what they are today, and their teachings accordingly adapted to a new and improved way of thinking."

Sapphira nods to Uzriel to let him continue.

A ghostly iron chain coalesces about Sapphira's neck, free end moving sinuously about. Sapphira lifts one hand to caress the chain almost lovingly, a faint smile on her lips, before the image fades into smoke.

Wisps of exotically perfumed air tickle your nostrils, billowing away from Sapphira.

Voice muffled by his mask, Geochemist Uzriel d'Vanecu, the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "It is of interest to note, that before it was Nil. The plane of Shallamar was the plane of Truth. While much of the history shows them as being subservient to the light, that could be as much due to force by the Holy Celestine Empire as by choice. The thing of interest is that it was the plane of Truth which was touched by taint and became Nil, almost as if the Fates themselves were saying the Taint is Truth."

Sapphira adds, "The Megalith was the Stone of Truth."

Keeping her tone light, Vylasse says, cautiously, "That is... an interesting perspective. What is it like now?"

Voice muffled by his mask, Geochemist Uzriel d'Vanecu, the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "Its a place of strength and power, for those not afraid."

With a slow exhale Vylasse starts, "Um... the Demon Lords themselves, I believe there was Luciphage, Baalphegar, , Nifilhema..." she trails off after a moment, lifting up a paw to tap her chin.

Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu, the Ensanguined Aesthete says, "As well as Ashtorath and Gorgulu, yes."

Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu, the Ensanguined Aesthete says, "Magnagora takes a lot of inspiration and wisdom from Nil. The taint was a force that swept over our lands, consuming and twisting and changing. And yet, rather than be knocked down and defeated, the people and the Demon Lords and Lady embraced the change, letting it drive them to new heights of strength and power."

Uzriel nods his head at Sapphira.

Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu, the Ensanguined Aesthete says, "People name our kind abominations, and yet we would say we are not only survivalists, but overcomers. Conquerers."

Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu, the Ensanguined Aesthete says, "If the taint could not destroy us, why should we fear anything? Not the fates, not death, not destruction."

Quietly, you say, "I'm not so sure conquering is a good thing."

Wryly, Geochemist Uzriel d'Vanecu, the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "The Celestine Empire of old is built upon conquering all of the other cities."

Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu, the Ensanguined Aesthete says to Uzriel, "You beat me to it."

A wry smile spreads across Sapphira's face.

Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu, the Ensanguined Aesthete says to you, "You should research the history of the Celestine Empire. They are not a loving, snuggling group of philanthropists."

Vylasse rubs a paw on the back of her neck, looking uncomfortable as she does. To Sapphira, she says, "Yes, that may be, but it was a long time ago..."

Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu, the Ensanguined Aesthete says, "We conquered that which would destroy us. Or should one instead politely lay down and die to the taint? Our will to survive is stronger."

Very softly, you say, "But as undead."

Voice muffled by his mask, Geochemist Uzriel d'Vanecu, the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "Worth mentioning. Magnagora is not -evil- as some like to suggest, nor is undeath. One of the great Vernal warriors, Urlach was the master of undeath and we honor him greatly."

Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu, the Ensanguined Aesthete says, "Undeath is not so much a result of the taint. That is a dabbling in necromantic arts to cheat death itself, cutting the strings of the fates. We hold our own destinies in hand."

Waving a hand, Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu, the Ensanguined Aesthete says, "People get caught on the whole term undeath without considering the remarkable advance in knowledge it truly is."

Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu, the Ensanguined Aesthete says to you, "If you could save your loved ones from death, wouldn't you take it? Wouldn't you rather control your own life, your own fate?"

You say to Sapphira, "Fate binds us all. Of course I would save them, but those who are undead are already dead, not saved from it."

You ponder the situation.

Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu, the Ensanguined Aesthete says, "....we're right here. You're talking to corpses, apparently."

Sapphira rubs the side of her nose.

You look thoughtful and say, "It's... a bit unnerving, yes."

Chuckling, Geochemist Uzriel d'Vanecu, the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "Indeed, it is easy to judge in ignorance what one doesn't really know and hasn't experienced."

Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu, the Ensanguined Aesthete says, "Or recite by rote what you're told to."

Sapphira glances askance.

With a faint sigh, you say, "I don't want to argue about it. Ah... the original question, what do the Demon Lords teach, specifically?"

Voice muffled by his mask, Geochemist Uzriel d'Vanecu, the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "They teach about strength, domination, beauty, and ambition. For a more nuanced discussion, well. I think that can be saved for another time."

Vylasse says, with a nod to Uzriel, "R-right. Thank you for your time, then. Both of you."

Wryly, Geochemist Uzriel d'Vanecu, the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "Should you ever change your mind about wishing to visit Nil under the circumstances I mentioned before, that could be arranged with a much more in depth lesson."

Expression slipping into a faint, if slightly forced smile, Vylasse says, "That may be more knowledge than I require, but, um... I appreciate the offer?"

Sapphira's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Voice muffled by his mask, Geochemist Uzriel d'Vanecu, the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "Well then I believe that's it for now unless there was any other last questions?"

You shake your head.

You follow Geochemist Uzriel d'Vanecu, the Demagogue of Dissonance to the Aetherplex Chamber.

Geochemist Uzriel d'Vanecu, the Demagogue of Dissonance has lost you.

Uzriel inclines his head politely to those around him.

You incline your head politely to those around you.

Sapphira leaves, following Geochemist Uzriel d'Vanecu, the Demagogue of Dissonance.
Light and shadow ripple as a turquoise dream phoenix glides ether with a proud sweep of her wings made of lissome shadows, trailing eddies of dream motes.

<got emote directing me to Lantra's fulcrux>

The Fulcrux of Lantra.
The rush of running water echoes throughout this alabaster sanctuary, its white pillars surrounded on all sides by shimmering waterfalls. Breathtaking stars twinkle across the misty falls as they collect into a luminous gazing pool, its rippling waters clear and sparkling as they reflect the open expanse of the celestial sky above. Caught in a graceful dance of duality, an immaculate white koi fish circles its dark twin in the glittering depths of the basin, continuing in a silent push and pull as their silhouettes form two halves of a whole. The white, blue and pink petals of assorted lotus flowers crown these starry waters with their regal beauty, standing at the feet of several stone priestesses who guard this place. The statues bow their veiled heads in silent prayer, each bearing a tilted celadon urn that overflows with the boundless light of healing waters. Shimmering over with water and light, a sparkling veil of white mist draws a starry curtain here. Impossibly still at the centre of this luminous pool of water and light, a single star lotus flower blooms brighter than all the others, its heart radiant as the dewy petals unfurl to reveal a beautiful, enchanting light.
There are no obvious exits.

You look about yourself, rubbing your chin thoughtfully.

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "Welcome, Vylasse of New Celest."

You say, "Oh! Hello! And, er, belated welcome too!"

Soft laughter as light as a gentle rain ripples about the luminous pool, the melodious sound resonating throughout the Fulcrux.

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "I thank you for your kind welcome. I received your letter when I first arrived in realms, and I have yet to thank you for it."

Vylasse tilts her head, glancing around the Fulcrux as she searches for the direction of the voice. "It has been a while. I am glad You liked it, Lady Lantra, assuming You did," she says, with a smile.

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "I do not think there is much offense to be found in well wishes."

You say, "I would hope not! But I am not so familiar with sending letters to the Elders. Oh, and ah... what of my question?"

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "Ah yes, you would have Me choose a favorite among the Supernals, hm? It is a fair question, though to Me it is as if being asked to choose among My own children which I love most."

With a slow nod, you say, "That is also fair. I would hope parents don't pick favorites."

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "No, though I love each Supernal in different ways. And perhaps the one I spoke most oft with was Elohora."

Expression turning up into a smile, you say, "Ah! That makes sense. If not 'favorite', but... sure, sure. Thank You for the answer."

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "And you? Which Supernal do you find yourself gravitating to?"

With a grin, you say, "The Lady Raziela, I think. Though I am also fond of all the others, too."

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "The Loving Radiance is a symbol of love and purity for many. In which way does she inspire you?"

After some hesitation, Vylasse says, "It's the idea that... we should never give up on anyone. That even those who are lost and confused by the Taint might find their way back to the Light. So, we should approach others with love and understanding. It is often difficult," she admits, "Given the two people I spoke to this past day. But she gives me hope, despite seeing how lost some people are."

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "You wish to redeem those who are lost, then?"

Nodding, you say, "Of course!"

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "I wondered at your reason for speaking of the Emanations with those of City of Transformation. It is curious company to keep."

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "Did you glean the Wisdom you hoped from the encounter?"

With a faint smile, you say, "It was not a pleasant conversation, but I was trying to just let them speak. Ah... Wisdom... I'm not sure. I think I understand their motivation for the conversation, and it is probably something to keep in mind if I ever speak to members of that city again," she says, with a shrug. "But from their beliefs... not really.""

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "I daresay their intentions for the conversation and yours were not aligned. Though sometimes unpleasant conversations are necessary to growth, and to learning. I have had My share of such."

You say, "Oh? With other Elders?"

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "Indeed so. To be of the Hamadhi was to understand the essence which made Us as the Star Gods, and to learn and comprehend the motivations that Dynara instilled within each of Us. You cannot rebuild something you do not understand. You cannot heal something to as it should be without understanding what it once was."

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "Though there are those that equate survival with healing, when those are not the same."

Shimmering lines appear around the master shrine of Lantra.

Faragan, riding an exalted ivory and gold dragon, suddenly appears in a flash of scintillating light.
Arriving amid salubrious ivory light, an exalted dragon majestically strides in.

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "Welcome, My Anointed Faragan."

Speaking softly in salubrious tones of erudition, The Ivory Dove, Faragan Ladyn says, "Empyreal one."

Vylasse nods her head slowly along with the words. "That... well, I agree." Turning, she greets Faragan with a smile.

Raising his hand in greeting, Faragan says "Hi!"

Faragan bows respectfully to you.

Speaking softly in salubrious tones of erudition, The Ivory Dove, Faragan Ladyn says, "I appolojise for interupting. I need to find a better place to meditate and find pece."

Faragan bows respectfully to the master shrine of Lantra.

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "I wish you the best of luck in finding a retreat."

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

Speaking softly in salubrious tones of erudition, The Ivory Dove, Faragan Ladyn says, "Be well both of you. and again my appologies."

Faragan's head falls back as he smiles softly at nothing in particular. The faint outline of numinous angel wings grows around him.

Faragan is consumed in a flurry of sweet-smelling wings.
The ivory radiance is dimmed as an exalted dragon departs with majestic elegance.

After a brief pause, you say, "I do have one other question, Lady Lantra, if You don't mind?"

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "I shall allow it."

You say, "Might I join Your order?"

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "You may, though I wish to ask a question of My own. What draws you to Mine?"

You say, "Your dedication to healing. The Basin is much in need of that, and I wish to help others - healing the wounds caused by their actions, or redeeming them when possible."

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "Healing is a fragile and delicate art. Destruction, by comparison, is a blunt and swift thing; it is not so subject to the fickle whims of Fate. To walk the path of the healer is to take a long, arduous road, and to in truth never know if your efforts will yield the results you long for."

The starry motes gathered above the luminous pool circle overheard, drawing the constellation of a single urn, overflowing with four streams of water and light.

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "Thus My Order is built upon four pillars: Purity. Devotion. Fortitude. Wisdom."

As each Tenet is spoken, each stream flowing forth from the vessel is illuminated in a silvery glow, until they all radiate with sidereal light.

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "All those who join Mine swear fealty to Me, and pledge vows to each of these Tenets which I honour. Do you wish to join Me, then? And shall you do the same?"

With a nod, you say, "Understood, Lady Lantra. And I do. I swear to follow Your Tenets."

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "Do you swear to uphold the pillar of Purity, and to stand against the impurity of the Taint and the Soulless, and to protect the integrity of the Basin and of the soul without compromise?"

You say, "I do."

The star lotus at the centre of the luminous pool begins to emit a faint, tremulous light as if in answer to your words.

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "Do you swear to uphold the pillar of Devotion, and to offer your undying loyalty to Me, to My city of New Celest, and to the Holy Supernals of Celestia whom I cherish?"

Gaze shifting briefly to the glowing pool, Vylasse says, in a firm tone, "I do."

The faint light begins to burn brighter, more confidently as the second oath is spoken, now shimmering over the surface of the pool with a quiet glow.

The faint light begins to burn brighter, more confidently as the second oath is spoken, now shimmering over the surface of the pool with a quiet glow.

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "Do you swear to uphold the pillar of Fortitude, to defend and advocate for truth and justice, without being swayed from your path by obstacles of doubt or fear?"

With a nod, you say, "I do. I would not be swayed."

The star lotus unfurls its petals in full bloom, bathing the Fulcrux in a soft, radiant light that dances across the veiled statuettes that surround the pool.

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "And do you swear to uphold Wisdom, the last of My pillars, and in doing so swear to pursue knowledge for the betterment of others, and never out of fear or for the greed of selfish gain?"

Gaze on the pool, and the surrounding statuettes, Vylasse answers with another nod, "I do."

As the final vow is spoken, the gentle light envelopes you completely, washing over you with gentle approval as you bask in the Divine presence of the Goddess Lantra. A sense of pride stirs in you as the light fades, the starry motes winking out even as their warmth lingers long after.

Lantra baptises you into the Before the Veil of the Divine Order of Lantra, the Empyreal.

Tears flow freely from your eyes as Lantra, the Empyreal appoints you to a wanderer in the mist.

As if parting through mists of water and light, the Empyreal Goddess quietly unveils Her soothing presence to Her Faithful.

(Before the Veil): Lantra says, "Welcome, Vylasse, My wanderer in the mist."

Lantra smiles softly.

(Before the Veil): You say, "Thank You, Lady Lantra!"

(Before the Veil): Knorrith says, "Greetings Lady Lantra. Welcome Vylasse."

(Before the Veil): Faragan (from the Aetherways) says, "Be welcome vylasse."

Vylasse dips into a polite bow, and rises with a soft smile. "Thank You, I am very honored."

Her eyes shining with a maternal tenderness, Lantra, the Empyreal says, "Ours is a path littered with obstacles. What else is the duty of the healer but to preserve the sanctity of life, or to prevent harm from befalling those We love? It is an honor to have you join Me in such a sacred task."

(Before the Veil): Lantra says, "Should you wish to ask any questions of the Order, My Anointed Faragan and Aeldra will be able to guide you, and much of the Order's scrolls should be able to assist you as you proceed."

You say, "And I will do all I can to fulfill that duty."

With a quiet conviction, Lantra, the Empyreal says, "I trust that you shall."

(Before the Veil): Faragan (from the Aetherways) says, "Happy to help as always."

Tilting Her head slightly, Lantra, the Empyreal says, "Have you any other questions of Me, I wonder?"

Shaking her head, you say, "I am certain that I will soon, or of Your Anointed. But I must return to Celest for the moment, and rest."

As Her form turns hazy and retreats into the mist, Lantra, the Empyreal says, "Then I shall leave you to fulfill your vows, My wanderer."

Lantra leans close to you and gently lays a kiss upon your forehead.

A quiet breeze sweeps through the vicinity as Lantra, the Empyreal dissolves in a luminous swirl of white lotus petals, leaving only twinkling motes of starlight in Her wake.

Lantra, the Empyreal has bestowed Her divine truefavour upon you. It will last for 1 month.

Vylasse smiles softly and murmurs a quiet prayer under her breath. "Thank You."