Tantus Stickypaw and the Fashion Disaster

A magical little surprise that really helped with the pre-wedding jitters, and resulted in the miracle of Tantus's magnificent cake.

The bright, bell-like voice of Coraline rings in your ear, "Hey hey!"

You tell Coraline Myeras, "Bwuh."

You tell Coraline Myeras, "Hey."

The bright, bell-like voice of Coraline rings in your ear, "So, I heard that you're an -expert- in fashion...."

You tell Coraline Myeras, "This is true."

The bright, bell-like voice of Coraline rings in your ear, "...can you help my new friend here with a fashion emergency?"

You tell Coraline Myeras, "I bet I can! Who and where?"

The bright, bell-like voice of Coraline rings in your ear, "This is a whole large-scale emergency! Maybe even a Code Fuchsia!"

You tell Coraline Myeras, "Oh no, haven't experienced a Code Fuchsia since I lived in Hallifax."

The bright, bell-like voice of Coraline rings in your ear, "Would you come to the Lord Epicure's Realm? I'll pick you up there!"

[zoom to Crumland]

Below a gingerbread gateway.
This massive thoroughfare is characterised by an enormously high, arching construction. Rather than stone, the outskirts of this enormous castle seem to have been fashioned entirely from sundry edible delights. Dense bricks of golden-brown pastry form the walls and arching ceiling above, while the cobblestones underfoot are fashioned of lacquered candy in a variety of bright, merry colours, creating a nearly psychedelic pathway deeper into the keep. To the south, a massive archway grants view of a sunny hillside, over which looms a portcullis fashioned of gingerbread, thrown open to allow egress. An elegant gate fashioned of pinstriped peppermint stands closed here.
You see exits leading north and out.

You yell, "Knock knock."

Coraline Myeras exclaims to you, "Oh thank goodness!"

"Yo!" you exclaim cheerfully.

You begin to follow Coraline.

You laughingly say, "What's happening?"

Coraline Myeras exclaims, "We have someone here who doesn't even have a -favorite colour-!"

You stare blankly into space.

You twitch your muzzle in several directions, placing aside the sweet smell of your own delightful form to trace the scents of others.
You make out the scent of Eritheyl coming from a warmly-lit lounge.
You make out the scent of Coraline coming from below a gingerbread gateway.

Coraline Myeras exclaims, "And... he thinks palettes are for eating!"

You look confused and say, "Is it Eritheyl?"

Coraline Myeras says, "No, it's Tantus!"

Coraline Myeras says, "Let's go to him!"

You give a short gasp of elation.

Coraline points boldly towards the horizon and declares in a proud tone, "Onward!"

Announced by the ambrosial aroma of confectionary wonders, Eritheyl saunters leisurely in from the north amidst a flurry of sugar and spice.

Eritheyl pats you in a friendly manner.

You gambol about playfully with Eritheyl.

Coraline Myeras asks Eritheyl, "Oh, are you coming too?"

Eritheyl Ryseni asks, "To where?"

Coraline Myeras exclaims, "To help Tantus with an emergency!"

You laughingly say, "I'm solving a fashion crisis."

Ominously, Coraline Myeras whispers, "A Code Fuchsia."

Eritheyl Ryseni looks skeptical and says, "Oh dear."

Coraline nods solemnly.

You follow Coraline Myeras northeast to a brightly-lit gallery.

A brightly-lit gallery.
Warm light cascades into this chamber from no discernible source, casting bright illumination onto the glass cases that run low along the perimeter of the chamber. Within each case, the finest of confections and pastries have been displayed with great care, ranging from tarts piled high with spiralling meringue peaks to brightly-coloured macarons in pastel hues shining glossily. A tapestry hangs on the wall opposite the door behind the most grand of these displays, featuring the image of a rotund tae'dae triumphantly holding aloft a large cupcake. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Tantus Stickypaw stands to one side, eyes bright with mischief. 

You grab protectively at Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton.

Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton flaps his arms madly.

You exclaim to Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton, "Are you okay!"

Gesturing to Nepenthe, Coraline Myeras exclaims to Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton, "There he is! And we even brought his dad!"

Eritheyl nods solemnly.

Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton summarily grabs Coraline into a half-headlock and rushes her to one corner of the gallery.

You say, "Coraline said it was a Code Fuchsia."

Coraline nods solemnly to herself.

In a hushed, huddled whisper, Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton exclaims, "This is -embarrassing-! The wedding guy isn't supposed to know that I don't know how to dress up for a wedding!"

Coraline Myeras whispers to Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton, "Oh, -he- is the wedding guy?"

Coraline Myeras says, "Oops..."

Struck with amusement, you laugh brightly.

Coraline gazes at you smiling angelically, the paragon of innocence.

You say, "No way, I'm sure the wedding guy is a loboshigaru."

Striking a showy pose, you say, "I'm the fashion guy."

Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton hastily drops his arms and shuffles back into place, an abashed grin curling his muzzle. "Oh. Oh, yes, you're right!"

Nepenthe conjures a few colorful sparkles for added effect.

You ponder Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton thoughtfully, looking him up and down.

Fur as white as powdered sugar covers the burly form of this tae'dae in a sleek and shiny coat that positively tempts with its softness. Obviously well-fed, Tantus is immediately characterised by both his tall, broad-shouldered frame and his rather prominent, rotund stomach. His eyes, bright blue, gleam with a perpetual sense of mirth and mischief, the smooth planes of his broad muzzle pulled upward into a ready smile. He is garbed in a rich purple vest, left open over his chest in what must be some small consideration to the notion that his girth will not allow it to button properly. Loose trousers of gleaming ebon silk garb his lower half, while his enormous footpaws go unshod, black claws stark against the white of his fur.

Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton says, "So far Miss Coraline has suggested a suit. I think that's great progress, don't you?"

Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton bounces up and down.

Coraline's sheepish expression quickly turns into a relieved smile as she vigorously nods in agreement.

Coraline Myeras says, "Yes, I do believe that suits are better -suited- than robes are..."

You have emoted: Nepenthe observes Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton's bare belly as he bounces.

Coraline sniggers evilly.

You say, "Hmmh, suits are good, yeah. Not strictly necessary."

You say, "It's gonna be warm in the orange grove, after all."

Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton ponders the situation.

Deep in thought, Eritheyl leans his cheek on his hand.

Coraline Myeras asks, "But I've never heard of wedding -robes-... who wears robes for a wedding?"

You laughingly say to Coraline, "Wedding robes are totally a thing."

You say, "Magey types especially would probably wear robes."

Musing to himself, Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton says, "Oh, I guess that's a good point. I wouldn't want to get hot. But I don't want to look silly either. This is Important."

You nod solemnly.

Coraline nods along, but doesn't seem entirely convinced.

You say, "Hmmh, yes yes, super important."

You say to Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton, "I'll be wearing a suit! It's totally appropriate for the occasion."

You say, "So let's start there. Coraline said you didn't even have a favorite color."

Eritheyl Ryseni says, "Why not a nice vest and some rolled trousers? Airy, mostly formal, but can be styled casually."

Eritheyl Ryseni says, "Ooh going all in, huh."

Eritheyl mimes buttoning his jaws shut.

Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton says to you, "I like them all! I wouldn't want to be rude to the other colours if I had one I liked better."

Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton sucks thoughtfully on his teeth.

You whistle appreciatively.

Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton says, "Miss Coraline suggested blue, though. What do you think?"

You look about yourself, rubbing your chin thoughtfully.

Coraline Myeras says to you, "I suggested rainbow when he said he likes all the colours, but he thinks rainbow colour is juiced from -actual- rainbows..."

You say, "Lucky for you you've got pure white fur so you can pull off any color."

You look confused and say to Coraline, "Isn't it?"

Coraline Myeras exclaims, "No, it isn't!"

Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton nods his head enthusiastically at you.

You snicker softly to yourself.

Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton exclaims to Coraline, "I told you!"

Coraline stares blankly at Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton and you.

Coraline Myeras says, "...but, but you make rainbow colour using tints..."

Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton says to Coraline, "Okay, but you said he is the fashion expert and he agrees with me, so clearly someone here is in the wrong and her name is Coraline."

Nepenthe takes out a rolled up tailor's tape and discreetly begins taking Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton's measurements. "Blue's good. You don't have to juice an entire rainbow," he mutters as he stretches the tape out along the tae'dae's arm from shoulder to wrist.

You circle around Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton, studying him and carefully noting aspects of his physical properties.

Coraline crosses her arms and sulks wildly.

You say, "What about an ombre blue suit jacket and trousers, a nice black shirt and vest underneath, and a rainbow pocket square."

Eritheyl ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."

Chiming in, Coraline Myeras exclaims, "And maybe a nice rainbow tie!"

You smile and say, "Ooh yeah."

Coraline beams broadly.

Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton straightens obligingly as he is measured, canting his head to one side and nodding slowly. "I think I like all of those things. Dressing up is exciting!"

Coraline nods her head enthusiastically.

Nepenthe instructs Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton to hold one end of the measuring tape against his own belly as he draws the rest of it around the tae'dae's plump middle, taking note of the measurement when he reaches his front side again.

Coraline Myeras asks, "Oh oh! And what if we pinned a flower to the lapel too?"

Coraline Myeras asks Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton, "Do you have a favorite flower?"

(Fire Hogwash): You say, "Nep is not going to be the one sewing the suit so these measurements are for private use. :>."

You swivel your ears towards Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton, listening with rapt attention.

Under her breath, Coraline Myeras says, "Please tell me you have a favorite flower..."

Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton nods slowly, one paw coming up to hold the end of the tape against his belly and watching, mystified, as it encircles his broad frame. "Oh, flowers, yes! I like lilies and roses and snapdragons!" He beams, one ear flicking slightly. "Are any of those good wedding flowers, do you think?"

You laughingly say, "Beats me, I've never had a wedding."

Frowning, Coraline Myeras says, "I don't think snapdragons would go well with blue, but lilies and roses might..."

You look thoughtful and say, "Can't think of any flower that ~wouldn't~ be good for a wedding except maybe one of those carnivorous ones from the tar pits?"

A look of understanding crossing his features, Tantus Stickypaw, the Glutton nods his head slowly.

Comments

• Wow, thanks for the formatting, forums.  :/
  • Tantus has certainly come a long way from the tae'dae that looked like he had run full tilt into a candy shop and had half of it stick to his fur on the way out :smiley:

Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • The Gaudiguch Tae'dae squad is my favourite. This was very cute to read!
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • Tantus is so precious! I wasn't expecting him to suddenly start speaking as I was designing next to him. His outfit ended up being so good, and oh my goodness the cake was breathtaking!!
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.